Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers & Speculation: Running Hot & Cold

• Start Topic

Nyssa said she found Sara on the island nearly dead and starving. So something bad happened to get her that way.

When the Amazo blew up wasn't there some of the crew and prisoners from it still on the island? When Sara jumped off of it and swam back to the island there were a group of people with her. And most of them have probably wanted to hurt her since she boarded the Amazo. I wonder if that was when her no woman should ever suffer at the hands of men came about. Something made her have a visceral reaction to rapists when she had no soul. 

Then who knows when the drug people showed up. It would be interesting if there was on overlap with the drug people and they bring up a blonde girl they found on the island. Although Oliver at that time thinks Sara drowned on the Amazo. However it would be hilarious if they tell him they killed her or something, just to bring Oliver knowing about Sara dying up to 5 times. Of course anything at all happening would make the dull flashbacks this year interesting. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2

Heck I would even take SL hanging out on the island with the drug lords at this point. It would be a complete rehash of her chilling with Ivo, but something has got to spice up the flashbacks.

@Sakura12 I think you might be on to something with SL and being on the island. I just hope if that is their plan when they show it, it's not too graphic. Because those initial scenes after her rescue on the Amazo could have gotten graphic quickly & seeing that violence can be hard to watch and challenging to write.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 1

In an episode Called left behind? Shivers for Sara...But maybe it's about the past she's left behind? Or something. I mean the title doesn't have to be fully ominous-right?

In an episode Called left behind? Shivers for Sara...But maybe it's about the past she's left behind? Or something. I mean the title doesn't have to be fully ominous-right?

I have zero worries about Sara. They will never get rid of her again.

• Love 2

Nyssa said when she found Sara she already let the darkness in. In my head canon Nyssa found a barely breathing, injured Sara surrounded by the bodies of the men she killed. Which is why Nyssa decided to take her back to Nanda Parbat. She saw that Sara's a survivor. 

It's the CW not HBO, they can't get too graphic. But if that is what happened I hope they take the Jessica Jones route and show us how it affected her afterwards. I can take Sara coming across a rapist and just continue to hit him, (although with her bloodlust that might be harder to tell the difference). I guess they can have her say something that will make Kendra or whoever else is around realize she's talking about herself and not the victim. Then when they manage to pull her off, she can collapse on the ground and repeat ("they're all dead, they're all dead") or something. 

• Love 2

I can't wait to see Sara's interaction with everyone on the team. 

I think the Rip/Sara pairing is new because we didn't know much about Rip, he's the only one that has not been introduced yet. But I can see it as Rip takes Sara under his wing, since that's what most of the people that Sara met have done (Ivo, Nyssa and even Oliver when Sara stayed in town). 

Spoilers from TVLine:

http://tvline.com/2015/12/24/legends-of-tomorrow-premiere-photos-sara-white-canary-1970s/

The first step in that foreboding mission takes Sara Lance aka White Canary, Ray Palmer/The Atom, Firestorm 2.0 (Martin Stein/Jax Jackson), Captain Cold and Heat Wave and Hawkman/Hawkgirl to the year 1975. There, Sara, Leonard and Mick (Caity Lotz, Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell) kick back at a bar, though it’s not long before trouble bubbles up, when Sara takes more interest in a meathead’s lady than the lunk himself.

And yes, keeping in line with I got out of the cast at New York Comic-Con this fall, you will see Sara in a mini dress and go-go boots — Rip’s Waverider spaceship has a handy wardrobe fabricator — though not until the especially groovy second episode.

Edited by Proteus
  • Love 2

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/12/25/legends-tomorrow-sara-white-canary-love-interest-ali-liebert

Just because our favorite heroes and villains will be bouncing through time on DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, that doesn’t mean they won’t find love.

EW has learned exclusively that Ali Liebert has been tapped to play a potential love interest for Sara Lance (Caity Lotz) in an upcoming episode of The CW’s new midseason series.

The Kyle XY and Fringe alum will play Lindsay Carlisle, a soft-spoken, intelligent lady who is the ideal picture of 1950s womanhood. Although she might seem at home amongst the strict morals of the time, she harbors a dark secret: she’s a lesbian. Confused and scared, it seems she is doomed to suffer alone in a backwards time … until she falls for a girl from the future, Sara Lance.

“At the start of this episode, we find Sara Lance completely out of place, both in time and place, visiting 1958 ‘Pleasantville, America’ — and also out of place emotionally,” executive producer Phil Klemmer tells EW. “After Sara was brought back from the dead on Arrow, she hasn’t been herself — she’s been consumed by a quest for bloodshed and incapable of having romantic feelings for anyone. The strict social norms of the fifties makes this the last place Sara Lance would ever expect to find love with a young, closeted nurse, but that’s how love works — it finds you.

In the relationship department, Sara was previously attached to Oliver (Stephen Amell), which is how she ended up on the island and eventually in the League of Assassins. That’s where she met and fell for Nyssa al Ghul (Katrina Law), who doesn’t seem to be a fan of the reincarnated Sara, hence the White Canary now being alone.

“When Sara first meets Lindsay Carlisle, she finds herself in the position of caring about someone for the first time in forever — an idea she’s not entirely sure she’s ready for,” Klemmer continues. “It’s easy for our cold hearted assassin to kill a hundred people, but does she have the ability to care about one?”

Edited by Proteus

I'm all for seeing Sara fall for someone that is not connected to her traumas. I like Nyssa but the life she offered Sara was the life of a killer. Sara doesn't want that life anymore. She wants to be better and I think falling for someone else will help her on that path. 

I also feel that Nyssa was more into their relationship than Sara was. I don't doubt that Sara loved Nyssa. Nyssa saved her and made her strong so she will always hold a place in her heart but I don't think Sara sees a future for them. She's been given something not many people get, a second chance at living. She can for the first time since the Gambit sank make her own choice. Every other time she made a choice it was survive or die. All her choices were made under duress. Sara needs to find out who she is when she has time to really think about it. 

• Love 4

Nyssa poisoned her sister, kidnapped her mother, tried to kill her parents in anger over Sara deciding to kill herself because Nyssa gave her no other option, Nyssa seriously contemplated killing Sara twice in one night and there's an argument to be made that the kiss was one of dubious consent considering Nyssa initiated it while brandishing a knife and Sara was frozen in fear initially. Nyssa isn't just connected to Sara's traumas, she's the perpetrator of some of it. Give it a line of closure and be done with it, IMO.

• Love 3

The show continues to build Sara up as Nyssas "beloved" despite all of that. Especially since Saras death. It's hard to understand what their relationship status was after Sara returned to LOA. So I think that's why many still see them as a possible love story that could happen.

I think that Nyssa sees it as she's lost Sara.  Her Sara died.  The one that came back is something else.  Given her close ties to the superstitions surrounding the LP, even if she saw that Sara was looking and acting like Sara again, I don't think she'd ever see her as her Sara again.  Still, I agree, it needs to be addressed on at least one of the shows. 

She has a new life that Nyssa did nothing to get back and refused to have anything to do with, this should be the last straw for Sara. They should be so over

The show continues to build Sara up as Nyssas "beloved" despite all of that.

They thought Lauriver backstory would make an epic love story too.

She has a new life that Nyssa did nothing to get back and refused to have anything to do with, this should be the last straw for Sara. They should be so over

Well, I see Nyssa's point. Bringing Sara back would have been a disaster if Oliver hadn't called in Constantine. Nyssa may not have even known  re-ensoulment was possible.

I do think that Sara and Nyssa are finished. Sara was trying to break with Nyssa and the League all the way back in Arrow S2. I think the reason she goes off on the Waverider is because she wants to put the past behind her and get a new start in life.

I disagree. Nyssa believed that Sara would come back as a monster, which she did. Quentin was even going to put her down. The only reason Sara is normal enough to have a life is because Oliver stepped in. I doubt Sara will hold anything against Nyssa for that.

Oliver/Laurel are not the same as Nyssa/Sara. N/S are a pretty successful pairing that have many fans who still want to see them explored. The show may not want to. But there has always been interest in them.

Edited by Proteus
  • Love 2
Well, I see Nyssa's point. Bringing Sara back would have been a disaster if Oliver hadn't called in Constantine. Nyssa may not have even known  re-ensoulment was possible.

Yeah I guess I can see that point, but I just dont know if Sara will be as understanding about her "beloved" not doing anything to get her back and abandoning her because she aint "right". If the writers were serious about showing this as a great love, Nyssa should have been the one to get Constantine, Imo.

Oliver/Laurel are not the same as Nyssa/Sara. N/S are a pretty successful pairing that have many fans who still want to see them explored.The show may not want to. But there has always been interest in them.

Being popular doesn't necessarily mean something is not problematic. I really don't hate N/S, I had accepted its a complex relationship since both characters are somewhat dark/grey but  disagree with N/S being painted as an "epic love story". If its not going to be treated as what it really is, then I hoped for something new in  L.O.T. Btw I think they weren't explored much, not because the writers didnt want to but because both characters were guest stars, and Sara was supposed to remain dead. And now they don't have KL anymore to be in LOT. JMO.

Edited by WildcardC
  • Love 1

Yeah I guess I can see that point, but I just dont know if Sara will be as understanding about her "beloved" not doing anything to get her back and abandoning her because she aint "right". If the writers were serious about showing this as a great love, Nyssa should have been the one to get Constantine, Imo

Had Nyssa brought Sara back from the dead in the same manner that Laurel did, I think that would have been a final nail in the ship coffin for me.  Nyssa knew from the start that the LP wouldn't return her beloved.

And of course that last part is the big divide between Sara and Nyssa.  Sara is Nyssa's beloved.  Sara is Nyssa's epic love story...but I don't think Nyssa is Sara's.  I think she could be but Nyssa will (likely) always be tied to the LoA and that's the life that Sara rejected until she was able to leverage it to save Starling. 

I would LOVE for Nyssa to guest star on LoT (which they may still do after establishing the new show) and for Sara to ask Nyssa to give up her life with the LoA and have a final and definitive break between them but yeah, in the meantime I think we should all count ourselves lucky if they even mention her.  Mentioning her means peaking the interest of an audience that may have never heard of her so for them, a mention wouldn't be closure but a seed planted for the future so unless they plan on actually bringing Nyssa in, then the show may go out of it's way NOT to mention her. 

• Love 1

Being popular doesn't necessarily mean something is not problematic. I really don't hate N/S, I had accepted its a complex relationship since both characters are somewhat dark/grey but  disagree with N/S being painted as an "epic love story". If its not going to be treated as what it really is, then I hoped for something new in  L.O.T. Btw I think they weren't explored much, not because the writers didnt want to but because both characters were guest stars, and Sara was supposed to remain dead. And now they don't have KL anymore to be in LOT. JMO.

I don't see the relationship as problematic. As for it being treated for what it really is, I don't think everyone agrees that it's abusive.

And of course that last part is the big divide between Sara and Nyssa. Sara is Nyssa's beloved. Sara is Nyssa's epic love story...but I don't think Nyssa is Sara's. I think she could be but Nyssa will (likely) always be tied to the LoA and that's the life that Sara rejected until she was able to leverage it to save Starling.

I would LOVE for Nyssa to guest star on LoT (which they may still do after establishing the new show) and for Sara to ask Nyssa to give up her life with the LoA

Now that you say this, it might be interesting to have Nyssa try to live in Sara's world for awhile, but a lot of that depends on whether they want KL as a regular or whether KL would even want to do it. My problem with Sara and Nyssa's relationship is that it has always been tied to the League, and so being with Nyssa means Sara having to give up having the life she wants. If they flip that script, if it's Nyssa coming to Sara instead of the other way around, I think I would potentially be more interested. I love Nyssa but I am sick to death of the LoA, so the only way I'd be interested in more Nyssa and/or Nyssara is if Nyssa leaves them. But I'm just not sure the show is going to be eager to have both their female characters in pre-existing relationships.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 2

I guess we should give props to CL and KL for making Nyssara into a relationship when they barely shared any screentime. When they had CL they didn't have KL on that often, then when they killed off Sara they had KL in more episodes. 

KL has a new show so I think Nyssa and Sara are finished for that reason more than any other. And they probably want to free up Sara for her show. 

• Love 1

Folks, we've wandered far afield from the recent spoiler. If you'd like to continue discussing Sara and Nyssa, please take it to either the Sara thread or the Arrow relationships thread (since that's where it all took place). Thanks!

Just from that little clip, I think I may be looking for a berth on the CanaryHunter ship.  (And I tend to ship maybe once a decade.)  

I'm such a sucker for an English accent.  They make exasperated sound sexy. 

• Love 1

Synopsis for Part 1 of the Pilot:

In the year 2166, the immortal villain Vandal Savage (Casper Crump) is on the verge of his final victory - total chaos and the utter destruction of humanity. As the world crumbles, the Time Master Rip Hunter (Arthur Darvill) takes matters into his own hands; he travels 150 years into the past to assemble a carefully selected team of heroes and rogues to stop him. Hunter has chosen what seems like an ill-matched group: billionaire inventor Ray Palmer (Brandon Routh), who has created an exo-suit with the power to shrink him to miniscule size, as the Atom; Sara Lance (Caity Lotz), the White Canary, a trained assassin; Professor Martin Stein (Victor Garber) and Jefferson "Jax" Jackson (Franz Drameh), who together form the meta-human Firestorm; Leonard Snart (Wentworth Miller), known as Captain Cold, and his partner Mick Rory (Dominic Purcell), AKA Heat Wave, a pair of career criminals; and Kendra Saunders (Ciara Renée) and Carter Hall (Falk Hentschel) AKA Hawkgirl and Hawkman. Together this unlikely group will attempt to stop one of the most formidable villains of all time, while they must learn how to not only be a team, but heroes as well.

Glen Winter directed the episode written by Marc Guggenheim & Phil Klemmer and Greg Berlanti & Andrew Kreisberg.

• Love 1

The synopsis is fine and about what I expected, except for one thing: "miniscule".  It's minuscule.  Grrr.

(NB: That error's in every version of the synopsis I found online, so I'm blaming the original authors at the network, not Trini. :)

Minuscule vs. miniscule

The original form of the adjective meaning very small is minuscule. It comes from the Latin minusculus, which in turn is a diminutive of minus, so using u in the second syllable of minuscule is unassailable from an etymological perspective. Still, miniscule, with an i instead of a u in the second syllable, has been so common for so long that it is now considered a variant of the original word. It is listed in dictionaries and even appears fairly often in edited writing. Some people still consider it incorrect, though, and the original form is undoubtedly the safer choice.

• Love 1

I presume LoT will fill in the blanks, but I still don't see how this Vandal Savage could take over the world. So he's immortal. That just means he can't be killed, it doesn't mean he can't be hurt or locked away. Put one guy with some knives against enough guys with automatic weapons (not to mention helicopters, bombs, etc) and his ability to heal isn't really going to help. Shoot him till he falls down then wrap him in chains and bury him in concrete. Problem solved.

• Love 1
Shoot him till he falls down then wrap him in chains and bury him in concrete. Problem solved.

They've done that on other shows and someone always lets them out. They usually have followers that will find them, let them out and help them take over the world again. Case in point with Malcolm taking his ashes presumably to resurrect him. 

Vandal Savage is supposed to be super smart too, however I think connecting him the Hawks is where they made their mistake. The Hawks and him could've crossed paths in throughout history but he shouldn't be connected to their resurrections. 

http://dclegendstv.com/2016/01/04/dcs-legends-of-tomorrow-phil-klemmer-talks-sara-becoming-white-canary/

When we see Caity Lotz’s Sara Lance in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, she gets a new name and a new mission: Instead of a darker Canary, Sara is moving to the light – and that lightness will give her a new code name.

How does that come about?

“Each of our characters goes to the person; their one, sort of, touchstone and emotional sounding board, and her moment is obviously with her sister,” Legends of Tomorrow Executive Producer Phil Klemmer told us late last year at the Vancouver studio where Legends is filmed.

“When everybody leaves on the Waverider and they travel in time, I think the presumption is that they might not be returning or may not be successful in this. It’s heavy. It’s like going off to war,” Klemmer explained. “So, when her sister says goodbye, I think she wants Sara to live in the light, and to find a purpose… I think she’s moved beyond the League of Assassins, and she’s trying to find a way of living in the world that doesn’t involve cutting people’s throats,” he continued.

Edited by Proteus

I hope they include a moment with Sara and her father as well, not just Laurel. I know what they're going for with the Sara/Laurel relationship, but Sara's relationship with her father has always been the more emotionally impacting one for me.

• Love 6

Yeah, I think Sara's touchstone is her father not Laurel. It's only after Sara died did they start making a big deal out the sisters relationship. When Sara was on pretty much full time in season 2 she barely interacted with Laurel. Her touching scenes were with Quentin. Now that Because Comics has a destiny she's suddenly important to Sara's story and now all her scenes are just with Laurel. Quentin barely said two words to re-souled Sara. If they want people to like Laurel they really have to stop shoving other characters out of the way to make her fit. 

I also think I'm starting to get on board this ship.

ezgif.com-gif-maker%2022_zps10bpxu3x.gif

I kind of like that Sara's kind of reverting back to her party girl stage in the 70's going to go get high with random college guy. I know they said Sara's lighter, but I really wonder if it's just a cover. She's trying to be carefree and fun like she used to be even though the darkness and bloodlust is still right under the surface. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 6

Yeah, I think Sara's touchstone is her father not Laurel. It's only after Sara died did they start making a big deal out the sisters relationship. When Sara was on pretty much full time in season 2 she barely interacted with Laurel. Her touching scenes were with Quentin. Now that Because Comics has a destiny she's suddenly important to Sara's story and now all her scenes are just with Laurel. Quentin barely said two words to re-souled Sara. If they want people to like Laurel they really have to stop shoving other characters out of the way to make her fit. 

I also think I'm starting to get on board this ship.

ezgif.com-gif-maker%2022_zps10bpxu3x.gif

Gosh, Sakura, you know they're not going to include Quentin. Because Comics must be the one to send Sara off into the "light" (eyeroll).

Anywho, I've been torn between Captain Canary and CanaryHunter, but things like this are starting to tip the scale. :)

Sara will probably be shipped with everyone. 

However a lot of the promos have been showing Sara and Rip together for some reason. 

ETA: Holy shit, I just got that the guy Sara goes off to spark a doobie with is young Martin Stein. He says "my hair it's so thick" and that's why Sara looks back at him. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 4