Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Bummin' Around

• Start Topic

The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:

1. Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  2. Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  3. If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

• Character topics
  • Episode topics
  • Season topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics

...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

I converted the show request into the Small Talk thread for the show -- a social thread and not generally for specific show discussion.

Please feel free to start new threads for characters, episodes, media mentions, actors, etc.

If you (collectively) would like to change/add the name of the Small Talk thread jokey bit just figure it out amongst yourselves and then email david@previously.tv and he'll change it.

Sure. Why wouldn't you be?

Nicknames at the other spot were a no-no. I think by far my fave one was Kompass for little North West, but I may have an evil streak.

Btw, thanks for being so welcoming to the influx Lisin! I'd offer to buy you a bottle of Unbreakable (the fragrance from Khloe & Lamar) but somehow I feel like it might jinx you. Although I imagine it should be on a great sale!

• Love 1

Thanks!

I'd say with regards to nicknames in general they're fine but I understand they can become confusing so obviously use your best judgement, like maybe put the real name in parentheses or something. BTW I legit "Laughed Out Loud" at Kompass. I'm still reeling from the conversation Kim had with one of the other K's about how she and Kanye couldn't name the baby a K name because then everyone would call them KKK... like she doesn't have two sisters who also have K names so really that's already an option.

• Love 1

I was written up for calling North ... Ignori. Yet others repeatedly called Kris "pimp mama" with impunity.

I hope Rob Sr's widow wins her lawsuit, I think the years after Kris and Rob split and before Kris hooked up with Bruce were very chaotic. Love to see the diary Sr kept. Not that he was anything spectacular. Los of history has been rewritten in that family..

• Love 3

I was written up for calling North ... Ignori. Yet others repeatedly called Kris "pimp mama" with impunity.

I hope Rob Sr's widow wins her lawsuit, I think the years after Kris and Rob split and before Kris hooked up with Bruce were very chaotic. Love to see the diary Sr kept. Not that he was anything spectacular. Los of history has been rewritten in that family..

And welcome back Kimmode! Ah that feels good to say again. Was anyone ever truly confused about this nickname?

The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:
  1. Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  2. Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  3. If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

• Character topics
  • Episode topics
  • Season topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

(edited)

iwasish, I think that nickname for l'il NW is brilliant, and remember howling the first time I read it.  But then, I soooo appreciate all your posts and am thrilled to be able to continue to read you on PTV!

Edited by Tunia
  • Love 2
(edited)

So the past week I had the flu so I ended up watching a marathon of old Kardashian episodes on E!, in the morning and afternoon.  The one season that dominated was the one where Kim took Kris Humphries to Bora Bora.  Even though what Kim did to him was douchey, he himself was a royal douche (and childish, immature; inserting his opinions where they didn't belong, catty, etc).  Are there any threads that discuss him here?  I'm dying to vent!! :)

Edited by cherry slushie
(edited)

So the past week I had the flu so I ended up watching a marathon of old Kardashian episodes on E!, in the morning and afternoon. The one season that dominated was the one where Kim took Kris Humphries to Bora Bora. Even though what Kim did to him was douchey, he himself was a royal douche (and childish, immature; inserting his opinions where they didn't belong, catty, etc). Are there any threads that discuss him here? I'm dying to vent!! :)

I though Kris was slightly uncomfortable on that trip. Maybe he was starting to see just what a shallow twit Kim is. The fit she had over the flowers on the bed and her endless complaining. He finds out she was married before, tries to defend her when her brother calls her a whore and gets told by her to butt out. The only one who seemed to genuinely reach out to him was Scott. Yeah Kris was kind of a dorky douche, but Kim was insufferable. He should have wised up and dumped her.

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 5

So the past week I had the flu so I ended up watching a marathon of old Kardashian episodes on E!, in the morning and afternoon.  The one season that dominated was the one where Kim took Kris Humphries to Bora Bora.  Even though what Kim did to him was douchey, he himself was a royal douche (and childish, immature; inserting his opinions where they didn't belong, catty, etc).  Are there any threads that discuss him here?  I'm dying to vent!! :)

You can create a thread for him if you'd like.

But this thread is for discussing anything except the show and its participants.

I though Kris was slightly uncomfortable on that trip. Maybe he was starting to see just what a shallow twit Kim is. The fit she had over the flowers on the bed and her endless complaining. He finds out she was married before, tries to defend her when her brother calls her a whore and gets told by her to butt out. The only one who seemed to genuinely reach out to him was Scott. Yeah Kris was kind of a dorky douche, but Kim was insufferable. He should have wised up and dumped her.

I just watched a bunch of Kim and Kourtney take New York Season 2 episodes, which take place right after their honeymoon, and he really is a complete douchebag, control freak, game player, whiner, mildly physically abusive disguised as rough play, jerk.  Have you seen any of those episodes, iwasish?  You can watch some of them at dailymotion.com. :)  I am not a fan of Kim by any stretch, but I can actually see why she divorced him.  

You can create a thread for him if you'd like.

But this thread is for discussing anything except the show and its participants.

Thank you so much, OnceSane!  I will do that tomorrow! :)

I just watched an old episode with Leah and Brandon, it was before they were married. Leah met with her father for lunch. Her father, Don Felder was a guitarist with the Eagles. (Hotel California)  I was surprised to find out that Leah had such a famous father and she still turned out to be a very sweet and uncomplicated woman. Brandon and she make a great couple. They got married in 2012 and had Eva James Jenner July 2015.

leah-jenner-brandon-jenner-baby.png?crop

I guess it had occurred to me that since I happened to be watching an old Kardashian episode, how really fortunate that Brandon was able to emerge from a broken home with good values. He appears to be grounded and found a wonderful woman with Leah. It makes me think that his mother Linda Thompson must have been very focused on raising her children the right way.

I thought how very strange and bizarre the life of celebrities in Hollywood are and how closely related their circle of friends are

Linda Thompson met Elvis Presley in Memphis, TN and became his personal secretary. She and Elvis were together for four years.

Linda Thompson was an actress and appeared in numerous television series. Linda was married to Olympian Bruce Jenner from 1981 to 1986 and they had two sons, Brandon and Brody. Linda is also a talented lyricist and collaborated with several composers including David Foster, whom she married in 1991 and divorced in 2005. Of course we know that David Foster then married Yolanda Hadid in 2011.

It seems that in Hollywood, everyone has either slept with, been married to, or have had some relationship with each others spouses. Today Kris Jenner and Yolanda Hadid are good friends.  Just recently David Foster was out having a romantic dinner with actress Selma Blair and guess who stopped to chat with them at their dinner table?  Caitlyn Jenner.

It can make a person crazy trying to keep up with them.

200-1.gif

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 5

I watch KUWTK, Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, and American Crime Story: The People vs. OJ Simpson.  Everyone knows everyone.  Their circle is very small, and you're right - it can make one nuts trying to figure it all out.

And oh my goodness, little Eva looks just like her daddy.  What a cutie.  I've wondered how much of Brandon's being grounded comes from Leah.

• Love 1

I have never posted on this forum but I am active on other ones.  I have watched KUWTK/the spinoffs on and off for years and have wanted to share these things for a long time:

I like the Kardashians in these ways:

-I love how close they are!!  They all get along even though they fight dirty with each other at times.

-I feel so bad for Kylie and Kendell as they have truly lost their father.  They no longer have a "Dad" even though they still have Caitlyn.  BTW, I fully  support the Bruce to Caitlyn transition but feel like the show didn't really deal with the mourning process that they all had to go through to some extent-especially Kylie and Kendell.

- I love Coery Gamble and how supportive he is of Kris and the entire family- they are a ton to take on and he does it stride.

That's it for now. 

22 minutes ago, suomi said:

I'm watching Katherine Ryan: Glitter Room on Netflix. She's a Canadian who does stand-up and the trailer at the link doesn't begin to do her justice.

Her riff on the Kardashians aligns with what is posted here, I don't want to spoil anyone by quoting her. LMAO

https://www.netflix.com/title/80238020

She reminds us, and I had forgotten, that Celine Dion met her (eventual) husband when she was 12 and he was 38! "But the whole world decided to give that a pass."

• Love 1