Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E16: What Puts You On That Ledge?

WendyCR72
  • Start Topic

Antonio goes undercover to infiltrate a dangerous robbery gang in the wake of an officer's vanishing. Meanwhile, Roman and Burgess face a squatter situation, so they reach out to a firefighter (Christian Stolte) for help.

And why not just say Mouch instead of "a firefighter" in the description? Oh, well.

• Love 1

I'm starting to think Erin is a little long on drywall and a little short on studs. She obviously cares deeply for Jay, but she's going to throw it away because she's scared of Voight? The hell? She's a grown-ass woman and needs to act like it. 

• Love 2

I'm starting to think Erin is a little long on drywall and a little short on studs. She obviously cares deeply for Jay, but she's going to throw it away because she's scared of Voight? The hell? She's a grown-ass woman and needs to act like it. 

I wonder if she is scared for herself or scared for Halstead? I mean she has to know that she is pretty much untouchable when it comes to what she can probably get away with within the unit. But Jay probably isn't, and he hasn't been in intelligence for that long, so I can see her being worried that Voight would kick him out. That said the fact that she spends her free time drinking with Gabby Dawson kind of lowers my opinion of her (especially after the whole thing of her three week exchange program working with the feds).

• Love 6

I found it a little too pat that the Air BnB squatter guy murdered his wife. It's a real problem with Air BnB, and the idea that the cops were enlisting firefighters and other agencies to try to harass the guy into leaving made for a pretty promising storyline. Instead, he turned out to be a murderer and the whole thing got tied up in a pretty bow. I was a bit disappointed.

• Love 1

I wonder if she is scared for herself or scared for Halstead? I mean she has to know that she is pretty much untouchable when it comes to what she can probably get away with within the unit. But Jay probably isn't, and he hasn't been in intelligence for that long, so I can see her being worried that Voight would kick him out. That said the fact that she spends her free time drinking with Gabby Dawson kind of lowers my opinion of her (especially after the whole thing of her three week exchange program working with the feds).

It seemed like she was possibly scared for her sake as well as his. Yes, she didn't want to make life difficult for him, especially with Voight, but she also had a pained expression on her face when that police officer's wife gave her advice to "Marry a dentist."  She is having doubts that a successful relationship with a colleague in a high-stakes environment can work out, and cares so much for Halstead that she does not want to see what they have implode. When she said "Always" to him, about having each other's backs but cooling it, she looked like she was going to cry. I thought she was drinking with Gabby because Gabby is in a relationship with a colleague and wanted her insight? 

Edited by Bringonthedrama

I thought she was drinking with Gabby because Gabby is in a relationship with a colleague and wanted her insight?

Or maybe she was drinking with Gabby because she knew Gabby "slept" with  Halstead (who didn't Gabby  sleep with).Nah, I suspect its with the executives

• Love 1

Are they trying to set some television shortest relationship record with Erin and Jay? I like them together I hope they work something out.

You kidding me?  Now they can go back to UrST, knowing glances, pained looks of jealousy when one of them finds somebody else and so on.  They haven't even played the "Anguish and Rage when one of them is critically injured" card yet.

• Love 4
(edited)

You kidding me? Now they can go back to UrST, knowing glances, pained looks of jealousy when one of them finds somebody else and so on. They haven't even played the "Anguish and Rage when one of them is critically injured" card yet.

You are probably right they will try some of the Ruzek and Burgess crap. Maybe a little we cant be together because i am seeing someone else, then throw in some jealousy, fighting over stupid crap just to create drama, one of them getting wounded, and a few more television romance cliches for good measure.

Edited by Texasmom1970

Or maybe she was drinking with Gabby because she knew Gabby "slept" with  Halstead (who didn't Gabby  sleep with).Nah, I suspect its with the executives

That said the fact that she spends her free time drinking with Gabby Dawson kind of lowers my opinion of her (especially after the whole thing of her three week exchange program working with the feds).

Guess I don't know anything!  I thought she went drinking by her lonesome and ran into Gabby working the bar, coincidentally.  Yes, convenient that Gabby dated Halstead.

My hope is that Erin's story will be about finding a way to live her life without letting Voigt have a say.  I get why him finding out has led to her ending the relationship and I get why his opinion matters so much but she's no longer that little kid who needed someone to take care of her.  She's an adult, with her own life and needs to set boundaries and Voigt needs to follow them.  If he hadn't offered the spot to Burgess and given his blessing for her relationship with Ruzek to continue, then I would say that he was just pissed that his rule about intra-team relationships was violated, but he did so that's not what this is about.  I think he's playing the part of the clichéd father who doesn't want the daughter to date until she's in a retirement home, which can make for a lot of jokes when said daughter is a baby but is out of line when she's grown up.  I think he'd be pissed if they had a one night stand and I think he'd be pissed at their 50th wedding anniversary (let's pretend he'd be alive).  They're both so used to him taking care of Erin, to having a say in her life, and to being the person she goes to with the big news, that the boundaries don't really exist the way they should.  Whatever happens with Jay, this should be a step towards them figuring out where Voigt can and can't interfere, and I hope the show follows through.

• Love 2

Probably one of my favourite episodes of the season. Great to see Antonio take center again. The show has grown so much in the past season and a half that I sometimes forget that Antonio was the original anchor character to PD. Mentioning his issues when he was on Vice was a nice shout out to his season one storyline on Fire.

I don't remember Mouse. When was he in it last season? I can sense some sort of PTSD storyline coming for both him and Jay.

Roman is quickly becoming a favourite character of mine. He makes the patrol side of the show so much more fun and I enjoy his partnership with Burgess so much.

Erin breaking up with Jay seemed a little childish but I guess it fits with her character and the debt she feels she owes Voight. It doesn't surprise me that she'd opt out and choose Voight's wishes over her own. She can stand up to him on certain matters but no matter how she spins it, she would never do anything to cause friction between them. If anything, I think she's always scared that he'll get sick of her and therefore plays it safe by going along with whatever shots he calls.

I actually liked the scene between her and Gabby at the bar. While I think Gabby is mostly to blame for all her ongoing crap with Casey (on Fire) I do agree with what she said about what brings you together can be what drives you apart.

Great episode.

Probably one of my favourite episodes of the season. Great to see Antonio take center again. The show has grown so much in the past season and a half that I sometimes forget that Antonio was the original anchor character to PD. Mentioning his issues when he was on Vice was a nice shout out to his season one storyline on Fire.

I don't remember Mouse. When was he in it last season? I can sense some sort of PTSD storyline coming for both him and Jay.

Roman is quickly becoming a favourite character of mine. He makes the patrol side of the show so much more fun and I enjoy his partnership with Burgess so much.

Erin breaking up with Jay seemed a little childish but I guess it fits with her character and the debt she feels she owes Voight. It doesn't surprise me that she'd opt out and choose Voight's wishes over her own. She can stand up to him on certain matters but no matter how she spins it, she would never do anything to cause friction between them. If anything, I think she's always scared that he'll get sick of her and therefore plays it safe by going along with whatever shots he calls.

I actually liked the scene between her and Gabby at the bar. While I think Gabby is mostly to blame for all her ongoing crap with Casey (on Fire) I do agree with what she said about what brings you together can be what drives you apart.

Great episode.

I don't think we're supposed to know him. He's Jay's military friend.

(edited)

My hope is that Erin's story will be about finding a way to live her life without letting Voigt have a say.  

This is why I'm pissed that Erin's stint with the Feds ended as quickly as it did.  Not because her working elsewhere cleared the way for her to get together with Jay, but rather because she was striking out on her own for once.

Edited by Mars477
  • Love 1

I found it a little too pat that the Air BnB squatter guy murdered his wife. It's a real problem with Air BnB, and the idea that the cops were enlisting firefighters and other agencies to try to harass the guy into leaving made for a pretty promising storyline. Instead, he turned out to be a murderer and the whole thing got tied up in a pretty bow. I was a bit disappointed.

I keep waiting for a lawyer to show up and have everything from the search excluded with the resulting lawsuits against the police and fire departments. CPD does share a universe with L&O

I keep waiting for a lawyer to show up and have everything from the search excluded with the resulting lawsuits against the police and fire departments. CPD does share a universe with L&O

How would that work? "How dare you kick me out of my squatters residence and don't mind the dead lady in the plastic"? 

Most of my legal knowledge comes from Law and Order, but wouldn't this be one of those situations where the body would have been found eventually (because of the smell) so how they found it is irrelevant.  Plus I totally would expect a guy like Mouch to lie in court and say he was doing a legitimate fire inspection.

Even if a tip comes from a cop, a fire inspector in many places is able to follow up. Plus, many places they are allowed to do random inspections of certain types of property for no reason. Which is why it's random. And with the legal residents wanting them to inspect, they are probably fine.

How would that work? "How dare you kick me out of my squatters residence and don't mind the dead lady in the plastic"? 

Most of my legal knowledge comes from Law and Order, but wouldn't this be one of those situations where the body would have been found eventually (because of the smell) so how they found it is irrelevant.  Plus I totally would expect a guy like Mouch to lie in court and say he was doing a legitimate fire inspection.

On Law and Order the entire second half of an episode would be the DA looking for a work around due to the clear Forth Amendment violation. That a fifre fighter involved himself also would make all so sweet. Especially with the police and fire department "victim" being one of those code predator attornies