Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E18: Jamie Dornan, Julie Walters, Stephen Mangan, Charli XCX, Rita Ora

• Start Topic

Graham's guest include Jamie Dornan, starring in the much-anticipated movie Fifty Shades of Grey, comedy favourite Julie Walters in new drama Indian Summers, Episodes star Stephen Mangan at the National in Rules for Living and music from Charli XCX and Rita Ora who perform Doing It.

Oh sweet Jeebus!!  I'm watching this on YouTube and the first 17 minutes alone are AMAZING!!  Despite his terrible performance in a terrible movie that he should have had better sense than to make I just cannot not love Jamie Dornan.  And Julie Walters is amazing.  And British humour generally.  And the one dude in the audience who said he read the books and that "they were shite." (at 8:45)  AHahahahahahahaha!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDLHphar_-s

Edited by dusang
  • Love 2

Interesting, because I get a black screen with white lettering "This video contains content from Little Dot Studios, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds" (I live in the U.S., so don't understand) Anyway, I went to YouTube and got the same thing for a full episode. There were some viewable snippets, but not the whole show. I'll try to dig more over the weekend.

Edited by MsTree

Being in the U.S. is why it's blocked - Little Dot is a UK outfit.  I searched YouTube with Graham Norton Show 2015 Jamie Dornan and I got a mixed list of snippets and "full" length, then I took the longest and tried it - it's often Little Dot Studios, so I pick the next longest and try that.

• Love 1

I'm not exactly sure what they do to those cake sculptures that make them remotely edible after days and days of transport, etc. Or maybe I don't wanna know. Is fondant a magic preservative?

• Love 1

I thought it was pretty funny how after talking about Jamie's new movie, everything everyone said suddenly had a (clearly unintentional) double meaning. A good, funny, charming episode.

• Love 3

I loved the man who said the 50 Shades books were "shite." Hee. 

Julie Walters is the best. She's an international treasure.

Dornan was a very good sport about everything, especially that freaky cake. His question, "Why did you do it?" was adorable.

I also loved the three of them saying, "A hand job?!"

• Love 3

One of the best episodes in a while!  Dornan has always been a fun guest (check out the time he was on with Aaron Paul talking about how he walked),even if he's in that stupid movie.  Julie Walters is just...dench (hee).  I love her.  Her eating the candy for ages and trying to explain her tv show was hysterical (I totally want to see it...wonder if they ever show it in the states).   

What the hell was up with Charlie XCX?  She moves weirdly.

• Love 1

I just watched this last night, my dvr is getting overloaded with the double airings on Saturday nights on BBCAmerica.  (What's that about?  Why are they burning through them?)

Julie Walters is frigging hilarious.  I nearly peed my pants.  She was all about that licorice ball gag.

I think they double-episodes us so that the schedule between the UK and the US didn't get too far behind. Coming up is the first episode of the new series (i.e., season).

BBCA does a lot of annoying things with its schedule for seemingly no reason.