Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E03: Psycho Pete Returns

• Start Topic

Thanks to the commercials, I have Quad City DJs stuck in my head.

ETA: That was a bit of a letdown. I mean, the part about Psycho Pete not actually being psycho. On the plus side: Frank  + imaginary frog friend + oversized butterfly net = automatic win. And of course Dennis is going to be the one to get meds. I didn't think you could do that with a shrink, but I don't think a shrink's rules apply to Dennis Reynolds.

ETA2; Just caught the opening, which I missed. Funny seeing the Gang getting down to "Psycho Killer."

• Love 1

Dennis and Mac's apartment burned down last season because Frank started a money fire.

I wondered what happened to everyone trapped in the fire.

Poor Rickety Cricket. 

Indeed. I'm not sure what was funnier, him getting more and more damaged or the gang not remembering him being present.

• Love 4

After Dee gagging, there is nothing funnier to me than Dennis's sociopathic rants. Especially when they are aimed at Dee. He seems to use a special tone with very.clipped.words. I think I rewound his speech 10 times.

I both fear (and strangely hope) that the series will end with Dee cut up into tiny pieces and displayed in a glass cube on Dennis's mantle.

Edited by Deanie87
  • Love 2

I always love how they use their deep bench of side characters like Rickety Cricket.  I was dying when Charlie told him to stop talking about sucking dick or other people putting their dicks into him and he said "it just keeps coming up."

• Love 4

After Dee gagging, there is nothing funnier to me than Dennis's sociopathic rants. Especially when they are aimed at Dee. He seems to use a special tone with very.clipped.words. I think I rewound his speech 10 times.

I both fear (and strangely hope) that the series will end with Dee cut up into tiny pieces and displayed in a glass cube on Dennis's mantle.

I'm about 60% sure that the final episode title is, "Dennis is a serial killer."

I'll second the poor Cricket. I wonder what happen to him by season 12. 

Surprisingly, decent message at the end of the episode, with the mentally ill just getting shipped around. 

I liked Mac's psychiatry versus confession rant.

"Look, I feel guilty all the time for all of my thoughts and urges, but I’m not going to talk to a therapist that’s gonna make me, like deal with it, or confront my issues."

He might, just maybe, deep down realize he's gay?  

• Love 2

This was one of the darkest episodes they've had in a long time, maybe ever.  I loved it.

Contrary to last week which was light and silly where Dennis' scenes didn't hold up, the tone here made him the highlight.  All the Cricket stuff was cringeworthy but Dennis flipping between contradictory rants at the hospital was only topped by him going psycho on Dee.

I wonder if any of the other "beefs" guests were injured, though I suspect it's the sort of thing that would only happen to Cricket.

I called Frank being "Froggy" pretty early on, but the doctor with the big ass net was funny.

I knew they'd twist it but thought it would be something different. Like the kid would be basically normal but Frank was projecting the "Froggy" stuff on him. Or the water he was pouring was boiling and had scalded him or something (though that's too similar to the Cricket reveal).

• Love 2
After Dee gagging, there is nothing funnier to me than Dennis's sociopathic rants. Especially when they are aimed at Dee. He seems to use a special tone with very.clipped.words.

He really drives the lines too if you can get what I'm saying. Like his rant to Dee was only in one breath. It's very different that his "I'm a five star man" style ranting. 

• Love 2

"You haven't thought of the smell, you bitch!" I think this is one of my favorite Dennis lines. The way he delivers the word "bitch" is just so funny. 

I may have to turn in my feminist card after saying this, but any time Dennis calls Dee a bitch, I die laughing.  My favorite all-time line delivery from him is "God, I hate gin.  Dee, you bitch!"  

• Love 3

I may have to turn in my feminist card after saying this, but any time Dennis calls Dee a bitch, I die laughing.  My favorite all-time line delivery from him is "God, I hate gin.  Dee, you bitch!"

I love when Dennis calls Dee a bitch, or any other person for that matter...lol! 

My other favorite "bitch" line is from "The Nightman Cometh" episode. It's where Frank is Antonio the troll and Dennis is Dayman and he has a gun:

Antonio: What the hell is that?

Dayman: You know what it is, bitch.

I have to include the link, it's too funny not to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu7wYcpsjgk

Edited by Suzy123
  • Love 1

"You haven't thought of the smell, you bitch!" I think this is one of my favorite Dennis lines. The way he delivers the word "bitch" is just so funny. 

I may have to turn in my feminist card after saying this, but any time Dennis calls Dee a bitch, I die laughing.  My favorite all-time line delivery from him is "God, I hate gin.  Dee, you bitch!"

I said it in the Gang Group Dates thread, but there's an art to the way Glenn Howerton calls Dee a bitch. This was easily my favorite part of the episode, right behind the giant net.

My phone froze while I was watching this episode on it, and I got to see a still of black and white crazy childhood Frank staring at me for a couple minutes, and I kind of enjoyed it. I loved the creepiness and the flashbacks and just the constant reminders that Frank is completely nuts. I mean, they all are, but Frank is super unstable. He previously could manage to hold it together for his business deals and schemes, but now he's just unravelling really quickly and it's great.