Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiled Speculation

I waited a bit. I guess the moderator can move this if this the wrong spot.

I love the trailer. It looks like a mashup of the film Hannibal and maybe even the prequel. Where is that spooky graveyard?

And Will looks healthier. Stronger. Centered. He is the hunter this time.

And the romance is still there! Hee. I love these writers.

And Mads can rock a leather jacket. Duh.

• Love 2

Such a great trailer! I tried to look for clues about any character deaths from last season and there was a shot of a person on a slab being covered up and it looked like someone small so I'm worried it's Alana and I don't want her to be dead. Eep.

Edited by joelene
removed tags after moving post

Such a great trailer! I tried to look for clues about any character deaths from last season and there was a shot of (putting in spoilers incase this isn't the right thread)  a person on a slab being covered up and it looked like a small person so I'm worried it's Alana and I don't want her to be dead. Eep. 

I watched the trailer and while your speculation may be correct, it could also be  Abigail, who would also be small.

Edited by Lisin
removed tags after moving post

Thank you Lisin.  I'm avoiding most spoilers but I figure the trailer is out there for us to enjoy.  So, is Hannibal in Rome?  I was hoping for France since apparently Hugh Dancy speaks some French and wouldn't that be delicious to hear? 

And I hope the tunnel sequence isn't a memory palace sequence.  I love the idea that Will actually knows that Hannibal wants to hear him say he forgives him.  I have always loved their tenderness towards each other while doing the most horrible things.  This is the adult version of the old "Superman/Lex Luthor" bromance from Smallville.  A teen show couldn't really go there, but Hannibal does!  Heh. 

• Love 1
(edited)

That means Abigail is dead since the other three survived and it was said there would be at least one death from the Red Dinner (the other probably would have been Jack if Fishburne couldn't fit season 3 into his schedule).

Alana's dangerous new ally, probably Mason.  Her eye-raising romantic interest, I'm guessing Margot.

Pazzi and Jack are going to work together, Alana teams up with the Vergers, meanwhile Bedelia and Will each have their own plans in motion (though Bedelia may be in contact with Jack or the Vergers).  Hannibal is going to face a three- possibly four-pronged attack.

Edited by GreyBunny

I hope it's true and that Alana survive. I'm just surprised there hasn't been any set reports that it's taken this long to find out. I guess the show isn't big enough? Abigail Hobbs is very dead.

Margot at Alana's new love interest... Interesting. Always good to have some gay action. But it's always the presumably straight female who gets a girlfriend. Never the presumably straight male who gets a boyfriend. Sigh.

What happens to Alan(a) in the books?

Alana is a middle aged man in the books, Dr. Alan Bloom. He's just a consultant on Hannibal and is never involved in the action.

(edited)

According to IMDB, Alana is supposed to be in every episode this season. So, does that mean Hannibal didn't kill ANY of the people he left in a pool of blood except for Abigail? Man, he is slipping.

I don't want to see Alana as Margot's girlfriend. I've seen way too many TV shows make a woman switch sides with no warning. And always a woman, because as Barney Stinson put it, "Every woman is just two drinks away from a girl-on-girl adventure." I effing HATE that. If they really HAVE to do it, I hope they set it up that Alana was always bi and it just never came up.

But another possibility is that Alana will replace Molly. In the books it was Molly, not Will, who was always rescuing dogs, and they had Alana taking up rescuing dogs last season.

Edited by Crossbow
  • Love 1

Will was the one who rescued the dogs.  In the book Will said it was Molly, but when Molly was talking to Jack she said Will used to be obsessed with his dogs, now he just takes care of them.  I believe Molly.   

(edited)

Sneak peek... Aww Chilton coming to see Will in the hospital, bringing him flowers. Cute.

New Season 3 trailer with lots of spoilers. Ok those Jack getting his throat cut and Will getting the PK scalping treatment must be dream (well, more like nightmare) sequences. Don't see them killing  Jack and so losing Laurence Fishburne, and doubt Will is going to lose parts of his brain. Despite the fact that they threw in the PK-Hannibal "what is for dinner? / don't ask, will ruin the surprise" exchange. There is more chance of Jack getting his brains eaten than Will, IMO, despite Fishburne factor... Though I am not ruling out a "close-call" for Will, where he may not have his brains eaten but may almost get his skull removed before someone (Jack, somehow?) comes to the rescue (especially as I think there was also some interview where Fuller said it may not be exactly Will who catches Hannibal?), but very small possibility. But if Will did "almost" get his brians eaten by Hannibal the last time they met, it would make all the sense in the world why him going back to help Jack catch a serial killer and & see Lecter would be a big deal come Red Dragon time.

The Italian İnspector dies as the story has it... I think I also caught a shot of Chiyo looking rather dead? But not sure.

Jack vs Hannibal vs 2 seems to be going more Jack's way, Hannibal is very bloodied up. But on the other hand, I think that is Hannibal having a walk outside blood all over him right after that fight so he somehow manages to escape?

Oh Bedelia. When Hannibal kissed her I again expected him to kill her right after but as Bedelia and Will are supposed to cross paths again after the "time jump" I guess she is safe to survive the Italian deal.

Also, Will, I love you and I do think you are kind of still tempted by Hannibal, but even I am finding it hard to believe the "you and I are becoming a blur" speech, you tricked Hannibal with that once, I doubt he is going to fall for it again. But A for effort. And I definitely encourage you two boys to sit down and have a nice chat about your feels and all. heh.

Edited by DeadlyEuphoric
  • Love 1
(edited)

AXN Korea promo. Up until 1:18 it's a s2 recap. The rest includes a scene that will probably be nothing serious.

But it's been 5 days since I saw it and I can't stop thinking about it.

So, this scene is from Aperitivo. It will not be real, I know that, but it will still be difficult to watch. (Even if I have already watched it in my nightmares.)

ETA: I am quoting myself. That's disturbing...

Edited by unworried well
(edited)

This looks fantastic! *Very* promising.

Too bad the writers couldn't have gotten to the Red Dragon/Armitage story a lot sooner this season. I think the show's pace would've benefitted from it.

Edited by kmm49
  • Love 2
(edited)

Well, between Hannibal trying to eat Will's brain, and Will playing a part in imprisoning Hannibal, it seems like  the Hannibal/Will bromance is strained. There is a coldness in their interactions now, from what I can see. And Hannibal sure comes off as pissed off (what he is made to wear probably doesn't help his mood at all).  But looks like he hasn't budged from "you and I are same Will, you are a monster too" stand, so that's something. Will saying "that routine is old hat" is even better though. Hee! He is back to "I don't find you that interesting". Wonder if Hannibal is thinking "challenge accepted"...  Wouldn't be surprised if this plays into him using Armitage's character to go after Will's family, who are standing in the way and keeping Will too grounded for Hannibal's liking (assuming they follow the book's story).

So, Jack and Will are back to using Will as bait to catch a serial killer (because it worked out so great for Will the last time they tried that!) and Chilton is warning caution and I am sure no one is listening to him again...

Freddie is back in the picture too. Probably to be killed off for real this time, as was so in the story...

Due to North and South the image I have of Richard Armitage is that of a Victorian gentleman. This will be interesting...

Will and Bedelia are probably having a one time conversation on Hannibal etc, which is awesome, but what would make my day would be if now Bedelia was Will's psychiatrist!! Pretty please show, that would be so  fun.

Edited by DeadlyEuphoric
  • Love 1
(edited)

Mid season promo - Hello Molly! Will's dogs! Shirtless Hannibal!

Episode 8 Promo Pics

Episode 9 Promo Pics

Hello Freddie! and my, that sure is a nasty scar on poor Will's head.

Ep 9 Press release:

"HANNIBAL"

"AND THE WOMAN CLOTHED WITH THE SUN..."

07/30/2015 (10:00PM - 11:00PM) (Thursday) : WILL FACES HANNIBAL AS THE HUNT FOR A NEW SERIAL KILLER HEATS UP - RICHARD ARMITAGE, NINA ARIANDA AND RUTINA WESLEY GUEST STAR - The FBI's search for elusive serial killer Francis Dolarhyde (guest star Richard Armitage) intensifies as Will Graham (Hugh Dancy) begins envisioning himself in Dolarhyde's tormented psyche. Wading deeper into dangerous territory, Will enlists the help of Hannibal Lecter (Mads Mikkelsen) to assist with the killer's profile. Meanwhile, Alana Bloom (Caroline Dhavernas) reminds Will that the last time that he and Hannibal worked together things didn't end well, but Will sees no other option. Elsewhere, a new woman (guest star Rutina Wesley) comes into Dolarhyde's life.

Ep 10 Press release: Oh Will, you barely lasted 3 episodes without getting sucked in by Hannibal? Well, at least you are seeking help, but from Bedelia, really?? Now that it doesn't give ME joy, but not sure if it will help you or if it will help Hannibal... Depends on how Bedelia is feeling that day, I guess... (also episode 9 and 10 have such similar titles at first I thought Spoiler TV made a mistake...)

"HANNIBAL"

"AND THE WOMAN CLOTHED IN SUN"

08/08/2015 (10:00PM - 11:00PM) (Saturday) : WILL GRAHAM AND FRANCIS DOLARHYDE'S PATHS GROW EVER CLOSER AS BOTH SEEK THE WISDOM OF HANNIBAL LECTER- ZACHARY QUINTO, RICHARD ARMITAGE AND RUTINA WESLEY GUEST STAR- Carvings symbolizing the Great Red Dragon, retrieved from crime scenes, help Will Graham (Hugh Dancy) and the FBI shed light on Francis Dolarhyde's (guest star Richard Armitage) disturbing psychology. Meanwhile, Dolarhyde finds ways to communicate directly with Hannibal Lecter (Mads Mikkelsen) regarding his "becoming." Will feels his bond with Hannibal growing uncomfortably stronger, and seeks out Bedelia Du Maurier (Gillian Anderson), the only other person who fully understands the complexities of such a relationship. Laurence Fishburne and Caroline Dhavernas also star.

Edited by DeadlyEuphoric
  • Love 1

The lack of Chilton/Raúl Esparza in the press releases for the next few episodes is dissapointing :(. I thought Bryan Fuller said Chilton was going to be a major part of season 3 but I wonder if that changed somewhere down the line due to scheduling problems or something. And that's why Alana is running the hospital now instead of him. Still hoping he'll play a big role in the last two episodes at least.

"HANNIBAL"

"...AND THE BEAST FROM THE SEA"

08/15/2015 (10:00PM - 11:00PM) (Saturday) : THE RED DRAGON THREATENS TO STRIKE VERY CLOSE TO THOSE WHO ARE HUNTING HIM - RICHARD ARMITAGE, RUTINA WESLEY AND NINA ARIANDA GUEST STAR - Will Graham (Hugh Dancy) and Jack Crawford (Laurence Fishburne) are certain that Francis Dolarhyde (guest star Richard Armitage) will strike again with the approaching full moon, but without a solid lead, they remain unable to predict the next family on the Red Dragon's hit list. Certain that Hannibal Lecter (Mads Mikkelsen) can lead the FBI to Dolarhyde, Alana Bloom (Caroline Dhavernas) offers Hannibal a chance at redemption. Meanwhile, Dolarhyde struggles with his feelings about the one good thing that remains in his life-his coworker Reba (guest star Rutina Wesley). Gillian Anderson, Aaron Abrams and Scott Thompson also star.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/07/hannibal-episode-311-and-best-from-sea.html

Episode 10 promotional photos: http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/07/hannibal-episode-310-episode-310-and.html

"THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST IS 666..."

08/22/2015 (10:00PM - 11:00PM) (Saturday) : A RISKY PLAN TO LURE THE RED DRAGON PUTS EVERYONE AT RISK - RICHARD ARMITAGE, RUTINA WESLEY, RAUL ESPARZA, NINA ARIANDA AND LARA JEAN CHOROSTECKI GUEST STAR -Will Graham (Hugh Dancy) and the FBI enlist the expertise of Dr. Fredrick Chilton (guest star Raul Esparza) in the hopes of luring Francis Dolarhyde (guest star Richard Armitage) into an ambush, using Freddie Lounds (guest star Lara Jean Chorostecki) as their mouthpiece. As Will's empathy for Dolarhyde begins to affect his fragile psyche, Bedelia Du Maurier (Gillian Anderson) warns that the killer Will should be most concerned about at the moment is himself. Meanwhile, Dolarhyde senses that the FBI is closing in and launches a horrifying endgame. Mads Mikkelsen and Laurence Fishburne also star.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/07/hannibal-episode-312-number-of-beast-is.html

Oh my, oh my, oh my... Makes me wonder if Hannibal has influenced Dolarhyde to kill Alana, given  she is not mentioned and FBI seem rather desperate to catch to guy (seriously, why else would they enlist the "expertise of Chilton" (lol'ed at that, what expertise is that, his great skill of 'almost' getting killed by serial killlers? Will has as much expertise in that area)  rather than Alana? And Will is coming undone it sounds like, and I can see Alana's death putting him in a more fragile state...

And not sure Freddie will survive this.

Dolarhyde tossing Will around like a ragged doll! That is more scary to me than his "I am a dragon" growling and stretching! Also, I am surprised they run into one another already...

Edited by DeadlyEuphoric

Episode 11 promo:

promotional photos: http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/08/hannibal-episode-311-and-beast-from-sea.html

I would say the talk between Walter and Will happen after they take Will's family to somewhere safe. I assume the main goal for Hannibal is to make Will understand no one will ever be safe around him, and to scare Molly off too, so Will be alienated from everyone and maybe realize the only person in his life that he should have is Hannibal.

Finale press release:

"THE WRATH OF THE LAMB"

08/29/2015 (10:00PM - 11:00PM) (Saturday) : WILL GRAHAM MANEUVERS HANNIBAL LECTER AND FRANCIS DOLARHYDE INTO POSITION FOR THEIR FINAL SHOWDOWN- RICHARD ARMITAGE, RUTINA WESLEY, RAUL ESPARZA, NINA ARIANDA AND KATHARINE ISABELLE GUEST STAR-In a desperate bid to slay Francis Dolarhyde (guest star Richard Armitage), Will Graham (Hugh Dancy) engineers a cunning ploy utilizing Hannibal Lecter (Mads Mikkelsen). Upon learning of his plan, Bedelia Du Maurier (Gillian Anderson) voices concerns that Will's actions may not only put his life in peril, but the lives of those around him. As the end draws near, Will remains unflinching in his game with Hannibal-even when it means coming face-to-face with his own darkest fears. Laurence Fishburne, Aaron Abrams and Scott Thompson also star.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/08/hannibal-episode-313-wrath-of-lamb.html

Seriously, Will, you made a plan involving Hannibal? Don't you ever learn? This is so going to backfire on you, one way or another. And Bedelia DID warn you.

Interesting that it says "in a desperate bid to slay Francis" so Will is not trying to catch the guy anymore? He is seeking vengeance? For Alana (because he is not mentioned but Margot is there)?? Sounds like he is going to a dark place and Hannibal must be loving this.

Edited by DeadlyEuphoric

Just watched the promos. I don't want Will to end up with Hannibal. I want him to tell Jack to F off and go back to his wife and son. That last scene where Hannibal is driving the truck and opens the doors and says "going my way" makes me think he's escaped and is talking to Will. Maybe Will goes with him to save his family. I know BF said the ending set up and interesting story for the 4th season which I assume was the murder husbands on the loose and the crew trying to save Will. I will be royally ticked if it ends like that

Edited by arcadia63
  • Love 2

I've had suspicions about this for some time. The way this season has played out, it's like Bryan doesn't give a damn anymore. It's been a very self-indulgent season. From the masturbatory artistry, into the extended role for Bedelia and including the more overt displays of shipping. The whole lot. And then this theory that Bryan knew the show was getting cancelled, and so imo could have created a bombshell ending. Either Will kills Hannibal, or they run off together. I'm not fond of either scenario as I don't want Will to turn dark, but I'll take the former over the latter.

Having said all that, it could be something else. From the promos, perhaps Will's real plan involves Bedelia. Just like he put his hand on Chilton's shoulder, he warns Bedelia about Hannibal and sets something into motion.

Edited by greenbean

Neither Will nor Hannibal can die - whatever happens, the one thing we know for sure is that they're going to leave it open for another season or a movie or something. I wonder if Will is going to get shot in the face, or if Chilton being shot in the face was their homage to that.

I've watched General Hospital since 1981.  They are alive.  I'm just sayin'.

ETA:  I was looking for WB images of Wile E. Coyote hanging on to a branch as he was going over a cliff and came across this which isn't the same but made me think of Hannibal and Will and I LOL'd aloud at work.  Hee.

Edited by Captanne
  • Love 1

I've watched General Hospital since 1981.  They are alive.  I'm just sayin'.

I remember when Edward Quartermain was so dead that his GHOST was on the show. Then the next time I watched it he was back.

• Love 1