Type keyword(s) to search

Promos and Sneak Peeks

aprilbabe
  • Start Topic

Anika's dad is an idiot for signing that agreement before they were married. Lucious face when Anika asked about Cookie. Deer in headlights. From promos it seems like he actually does have the intention of leaving Anika for Cookie or at least did

• Love 1

They should show that clip of Cookie saying goodbye to at-risk youth instead of Scared Straight.

And then show that clip of Andre standing in the dark corner depressed while his musical family sing-bonds without him to families that don't treat their children evenly.

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 2

They need to provide some valid reason for the disparate treatment of Andre. He's highly accomplished; it can't be that they just disregard him because he's not musically inclined. I can see Lucious doing that, but Cookie too? It's really heartbreaking to see such blatant favoritism. (Even tho I think Andre hates his brothers, and he strikes me as one high-pressure situation from a nuclear meltdown.)

Edited by tmelange
  • Love 1

i feel like andre sets himself apart from them. he's way older than hakeem and what do they actually have in common? jamal was maybe in high school when andre went off to college. if not for this family business he probably would never see them, which is sad, but happens. it was sad to see him looking on, but i don't think they would have cast him aside if he wanted to join in.

nah I blame lucious and cookie. I find their treatment of andre to be spot on what I've witnessed growing up in a low-income AA community. I frequently saw parents showing favoritism to their musically inclined or athletically inclined kids over their smart kids. Lucious and cookie remind me of the parents that didn't even care to check report cards. If you grow up in a family where education really isn't valued and your brother is the star point guard and you're just a straight A student, guess who gets the most love and attention? Happens all the time

It weird I don't know if its intentional, but even in the flashback Andre seemed distant from the rest of the family. Baby Hakeem was cooing at him and he was stoic. His mom could possibly be going away for a long time and he's on the floor reading a book. While jamal is crying.

• Love 1

Him calling for his wife while they are restraining him made me sad. I wonder where Cookie is during all this.

Oh that got to me too.  It looked like she's going to be in the room when this all happens. I wonder if she tells them that he's bipolar and set up an intervention of sorts.  Probably would've been better to do it in it a place where the walls weren't all glass.  Doesn't exactly lend itself to privacy.

On a lighter note the "Sshhhe buh buh buh. Oh now you can't speak English!" had me laughing so much.

• Love 1

Oh that got to me too. It looked like she's going to be in the room when this all happens. I wonder if she tells them that he's bipolar and set up an intervention of sorts. Probably would've been better to do it in it a place where the walls weren't all glass. Doesn't exactly lend itself to privacy.

On a lighter note the "Sshhhe buh buh buh. Oh now you can't speak English!" had me laughing so much.

I don't think she sets up an intervention in the building I think Andre just goes off and they keep him in the room until they call someone(it seems like there is medical help there)to come calm him down. And Lucious comes trying to help.

Cookie is love.

Oh that got to me too.  It looked like she's going to be in the room when this all happens. I wonder if she tells them that he's bipolar and set up an intervention of sorts.  Probably would've been better to do it in it a place where the walls weren't all glass.  Doesn't exactly lend itself to privacy.

OMG!  I get it now!  She was so full of herself (Anika was) when she showed off her foreign linguistics to Cookie, but now she is caught and can't string together a coherent sentence in English.  TOO FUNNY!  I can't wait to see the next episode!

Unto the Breach first look

Uh oh!  or Ruh Roh!!  Did I just see Anika get in the car with Baretti?!  GASP! I guess Cookie won - if she wants him back.

Edited by kpw801

Upcoming press releases

1x09

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 4

--"EMPIRE" - (9:01-10:00 PM ET/PT) CC-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

THIS MEANS WAR ON AN ALL-NEW "EMPIRE" WEDNESDAY, MARCH 4, ON FOX

Judd Nelson ("The Breakfast Club") and Grammy Award Winner Estelle Guest-Star

It's an all-out war when Cookie uncovers Anika's big backstabbing secret, and Lucious must come face-to-face with his longtime rival, Billy Beretti (guest star Judd Nelson). As the Lyon family rallies to save Empire Entertainment, all three sons take drastic measures: Jamal gets close with famous artist Delphine (guest star Estelle), Hakeem works hand-in-hand with Cookie and Andre is pushed way beyond his limits in the all-new "Unto the Breach" episode of EMPIRE on Wednesday, March 4 (9:01-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (EMP-109) (TV-14 D, L, S, V)

1x10

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 11

--"EMPIRE" - (9:01-10:00 PM ET/PT) CC-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

BEHIND CLOSED DOORS ON AN ALL-NEW "EMPIRE" WEDNESDAY, MARCH 11, ON FOX

Academy Award Winner Jennifer Hudson ("Dreamgirls"), Grammy Award Winner Mary J Blige and Raven-Symoné ("That's So Raven") Guest-Star

Andre forms a new musical relationship with Michelle (guest star Jennifer Hudson), and a woman from Lucious' past, Angie (guest star Mary J Blige), comes into the picture. Meanwhile, Lucious invites the whole family over to his home. However, everyone arrives with their own agendas. Hakeem, under the influence of Camilla (guest star Naomi Campbell), sets out to show his father that he's a true artist and a good businessman. Then, Cookie prepares to state her own agenda for Empire and for her family, when Olivia (guest star Raven-Symoné) arrives in the all-new "Sins Of The Father" episode of EMPIRE on Wednesday, March 11 (9:01-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (EMP-110) (TV-14 D, L, S, V).

1x11 and 1x12 (finale)

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 18

[EDITOR'S NOTE: AMERICAN IDOL XIV is preempted tonight.]

**TWO-HOUR SEASON FINALE**--"EMPIRE" - (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) CC-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

WHO WILL TAKE THE CROWN ON THE SPECIAL, TWO-HOUR SEASON FINALE OF "EMPIRE" WEDNESDAY, MARCH 18, ON FOX

Musical Artists Snoop Dog, Jennifer Hudson, Rita Ora, Juicy J and Patti Labelle Guest-Star

Jamal and Lucious are on their way to forming a music-centered relationship, but once again, Lucious has a secret that's about to change everything. Hakeem decides to flirt with the enemy, while trying to figure out what the best move is for his career. Meanwhile, Cookie is cooking up a plan of her own in the all-new, special two-hour "Die But Once/Who I Am" Season Finale episode of EMPIRE airing Wednesday, March 18 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (EMP-111/12) (TV-14 D, L, S, V).

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listings/20150224fox06/

• Love 1