Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E12: A Stand Against Stassi

• Start Topic

A funny moment that I noticed on my second watch was when Jax and Carmen were lunching, Jax said something so dumb, even for him.

He was asking Carmen to think about being his date for the wedding and he points to his giant Frankenstein noggin and says, " Let it fonder "

Gold, Jaxy, gold.

I'm rewatching it now and he may have said "Let it ponder" to Carmen, but with his mouth full. Regardless, it still doesn't really make sense.

I also noticed in more recent episodes he had Carmen's name covered up with another flower, at the rate he's going he's gonna end up with quite the garden tattooed on himself. Nobody's mentioned it that I've seen, at least on camera.

Edited by fliptopbox
  • Love 1

I found Vail to be shady from the jump, for all the reasons stated above, and also because she seemed to be a good 10 years older than the rest of this crew. I finally broke down and checked her work on IMDB, which states that she's been working since 1973, which makes her at least 40 when this show was in production (then again, IMDB says that VPR is a half hour long, and that Scheana is 5'5" and 115 lbs, which is laughable).

That's not what that means. The Young and the Restless started in 1973. Vail wasn't on it in 1973. 

I may be alone on this, but I don't see why it was so crazy for Peter to think he was on a date. He asked an attractive female that he had been flirting with to get some sort of beverage alone away from their group of friends. If I had been Vaile in that situation I would have assumed that Peter was asking me on a date. It's not like they have this long history of hanging out as friends and then he put the moves on during a random bowling night. He asked her out, ordered wine, and she wigged out. I think Vaile likes the chase and doesn't respond to guy who are available. I really don't like people who send all kinds of mixed signals and then act like they have no idea how you got the wrong idea and try to make you feel like an asshole about it. Vaile's crazy bitch is starting to come out.

• Love 3

That's not what that means. The Young and the Restless started in 1973. Vail wasn't on it in 1973.

Oh ah-ha, ok, thank you for saving me from what could have possibly been decades of misquoted facts from IMDB. So, if Vail is only about 32, as has been mentioned up thread, I will scale back her creepiness level by half a point in all fairness.

Oh ah-ha, ok, thank you for saving me from what could have possibly been decades of misquoted facts from IMDB. So, if Vail is only about 32, as has been mentioned up thread, I will scale back her creepiness level by half a point in all fairness.

No problem! I think it's silly that IMDB does that because I remember looking someone up once and it had one of their first credits as All My Children 1970 when they were born years later. I get that's when the show started but it shouldn't be listed in that order if the person appeared on the show decades later. 

• Love 1
I agree with you. I thought Peter was just fine. Vail likes to play mind games - same as when SHE asked HIM about his Sur-love life and then acted all put off when he told her. She's a nutcase.

I thought it was a classic case of a misunderstanding. If one of my coworkers invited me out for a quick coffee/drink before my shift, I would assume that it was a friendly meeting. I guess that the invitation just didn't read "date" to me in the same way that an after-work cocktail, or perhaps dinner, would have. At the same time, I think that Peter thought that he was being very cool and casual: trying to come across as interested but not too interested, hence his "let's grab a drink" offer rather than "would you like to go out for drinks?" It may seem like a small thing, but those are the nuances that lead to different understandings of the situation at hand. I mean, I never once thought that Jax asking Vail out for coffee was a date, and I don't think that the two of them read it that way either (although I do think that Jax was hoping that it might be the start of something).

• Love 1

Not to mention how Vail was fawning over Peter in the alley before he asked her out. She was physically stroking his arms and batting her lashes: Oh, Peter! Have you been working out? Look at your muscles! Of course he thought she was agreeable to a date! It was a really shitty thing for her to do to act like that and then laugh in his face: Oh, do you.... Do you think this is a date? All things considered, Peter handled it very well. Listen, I'm a woman, and I know feminism/anti-rape culture is a huge issue right now, and I'm all for supporting that agenda. However, it's women like Vail who will make a small percentage of neanderthal men say that [expletive] was asking for it. Anyway, I don't want to get off on a whole tangent of a greater societal issue, so just within the context of this show, I can see why Vail led Peter to think it was a date, and Vail knew full well that it was and was just being a [insert expletive that a small percentage of neanderthal men might say in that situation] about it.

ETA: ok, I was overly emphatic there. Obviously Vail wasn't "asking for it" "it." I just meant on a much smaller scale of acting like asking for a date. I'm by no means implying in any way that she could/should/would be raped in that situation!! I only meant that she was acting in a way that she knew he was asking her out on a REAL date, and to act like he was stupid for thinking it was anything more than a meeting, was cruel on her part.

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 2

First: I could see the flirting in the alley having different interpretations (Peter:She's into me. Vail: Attention! Goody!), but the meet up? Yeah, I'm going with that's a date. What did Vail think anyway? They were going to talk about her work schedule...alone...in a cafe? As for the coffee aspect (I'm not sure why coffee < date, but whatever) we only have her word that it was stated as coffee. My guess is it was more like "Maybe we could get coffe or a drink sometime". And Vail was acting like it was a date, just in a really bitchy way to make sure Peter knows she's out of his league.

Second: As for the coffee with Jax, I thik that was a date too. I think they both thought it was a date and Vail was into it, but Jax decided he wasn't. For some reason her crazy doesn't do it for him. She has certainly has thrown herself at him and it seems like he's the one turning her down. Weird for Jax.

Third: I guess there could be a difference of opinion on wheather or not coffee is a date, I was saying that it didn't seem like such a huge leap of logic that Peter thought it was and it was really nasty of Vail to make fun of him for it. If she has truly acted surprised by Peter's vibe and been nice while letting him know that they are just friends I would have been fine with it, but she was mean and enjoying it.

She's really coming across as a bitch.

• Love 1