Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

It's interesting to me that they didn't show Mean speaking Arabic on the Kelly and Ryan Show. It was like they made a point of skipping over that part of it to me.

That's the part I'm looking forward to the most. It absolutely sends me when Jensen speaks another language. It always has.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Myrelle said:

It's interesting to me that they didn't show Mean speaking Arabic on the Kelly and Ryan Show. It was like they made a point of skipping over that part of it to me.

That's the part I'm looking forward to the most. It absolutely sends me when Jensen speaks another language. It always has.

I'm not sure but that seems like it might be a political decision to me.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ILoveReading said:

I don't think they cut the scene of Dean speaking Arabic.  I think they just showed that part of the clip because of time and to let the audience, who might not be familiar with the show know who the character was.

Definitely. The Arabic part is long and tells you nothing of what is going on. So it made sense to have it be about Michael. 

• Love 3

Well, we've gotten some Samfan feedback, and now some bi-bro feed back, but still nothing from any Deanfans.

Maybe we're pretty much extinct already. *shrugs*

And apparently the question that prompted that disturbing fan encounter that we were discussing in the promo thread was "What was your most disturbing fandom encounter?"

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

Well, we've gotten some Samfan feedback, and now some bi-bro feed back, but still nothing from any Deanfans.

Maybe we're pretty much extinct already. *shrugs*

And apparently the question that prompted that disturbing fan encounter that we were discussing in the promo thread was "What was your most disturbing fandom encounter?"

I just don't believe the complete lack of spoilers or buzz about Michael!Dean is out of any great need to protect the story. The SDCC clip and whatever that torture scene is seem to be it, considering every other interview and article are about Sam, Cas, or Jack. I can't even express how disappointing this all is.

Wow, Fangasm has made quite the career out of Supernatural.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 4

And the exposition scene with Danneel. That's three, but IA that as regards the premiere, the PR stuff and the fandom feedback that we've gotten so far is definitely slanted more towards the Sam stuff from what I've seen and read.

22 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I can't even express how disappointing this all is.

I hear you and could not agree more.

Edited by Myrelle
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I just don't believe the complete lack of spoilers or buzz about Michael!Dean is out of any great need to protect the story. The SDCC clip and whatever that torture scene is seem to be it, considering every other interview and article are about Sam, Cas, or Jack. I can't even express how disappointing this all is.

Wow, Fangasm has made quite the career out of Supernatural.

+ Infinity likes. 

As far as Fangasm, yep. They did and several others rode on the show's coat tails for their money and fame. That's all I'll say about them as my opinion of them is not very high. 

1 hour ago, Myrelle said:

And the exposition scene with Danneel. That's three, but IA that as regards the premiere, the PR stuff and the fandom feedback that we've gotten so far is definitely slanted more towards the Sam stuff from what I've seen and read.

I hear you and could not agree more.

Yep, definitely the return of the Samnatural/Soapnatural/Wayward Crossover. Nothing in store for Dean fans but more of the SSDD support and propping of characters if we are lucky. More S12B if we're not lucky. Yay. Not.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Res said:

+ Infinity likes. 

As far as Fangasm, yep. They did and several others rode on the show's coat tails for their money and fame. That's all I'll say about them as my opinion of them is not very high. 

Yep, definitely the return of the Samnatural/Soapnatural/Wayward Crossover. Nothing in store for Dean fans but more of the SSDD support and propping of characters if we are lucky. More S12B if we're not lucky. Yay. Not.

Response taken to media thread. 

• Love 1

Bits I picked up on:

- Lost track on the body count.  Sufficient to say "HIGH". And most seem like Michael's doing -- especially that pile at the end.  Also gross - putting a priest in a crucifix position w/ bolts thru his hands.  Ouch.

- Either they go back to Apocalypse World (with those dead heads on the spikes) or someone who is anti-human is setting out warnings for their enemies.  Gruesome.

- IA, that's Michael talking to Dean in the mirror

- Looks like Sam sees Dean for the first time back in the Church where Lucifer died -- unless that's a Sam nightmare

- Lots from the scene where it appears Sam is rescuing Cas

- MOTW bits: Guy who looks like the Cryptkeeper -- which is my guess for Dean's pop culture 'dream come true', Charlie on a hunt

- Flashed for split second:
-- I think the girl who got killed last year is having a sheet pulled over her face - like she's dead again
-- It sure looked like Dean putting a body-slam on Jody (onto a table)
-- Rowena doing magic over Jack -- restoring his powers?

I'm so VERY excited.

• Love 3

I think the person in the white shirt is Jack.  We know we are getting lots of limp/woobie/sad Jack.    It looks more like Alex than Jensen.  Or it might be the surprise character.  Apparently there is one in the premier.  That looks a lot like Sam coming in the room. 

Maybe Sam makes a deal and says yes to cage Michael and its Adam.   I fully expect this at some point in the season. 

Because otherwise how do they get Michael out of Dean at the end episode 2.  Sam, Mary and Bobby, shouldn't be able to take out an arch angel.  If there is some spell that Sam says then that's extremely lame because it removes Michael as a threat.  Because then why wouldn't' they use it all the time.  Not to mention its pure laziness to just get from point A to point B. 

The only way for Sam to get the better of Michael would be if he was also possessed by an arch angel.  Which is just what these writers would do.

Edited by ILoveReading
22 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Looking at the promo again, I think that's Mark P on the bed.  It looks a lot like him. 

I'm guessing that's Nick and that is where they'll put Michael once he's expelled from Dean.

Yeah I saw a freeze frame online and definitely looks like Mark P.

• Love 1

Synopsis for ep 3

KIM RHODES RETURNS AS SHERIFF JODY MILLS – Still trying to solve the mystery of what happened to Dean (Jensen Ackles), Sam (Jared Padalecki) enlists the help of Sheriff Jody Mills (Kim Rhodes) who may unknowingly already be on the case. Castiel (Misha Collins) continues to be a father figure to Jack (Alexander Calvert), who surprises even himself, when a life is on the line. Robert Singer directed the episode written by Robert Berens. (#1403). Original Airdate 10/25/2018

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 1

I have pretty much stayed away from spoilers this season, hoping it would make help me enjoy the show more.  The promo looks good.  But if you are correct, and that really is Mark P., and they're just going to switch him from Lucifer to Michael, I will not be pleased.  Enough already.

• Love 2

Looking at the promo again, I think that's Mark P on the bed.  It looks a lot like him. 

I'm guessing that's Nick and that is where they'll put Michael once he's expelled from Dean.

Poor Nick!  That would be cruel.  I hope Michael ends up in the Empty along with Lucifer.  Then they can duke it out for all eternity.

KIM RHODES RETURNS AS SHERIFF JODY MILLS – Still trying to solve the mystery of what happened to Dean (Jensen Ackles), Sam (Jared Padalecki) enlists the help of Sheriff Jody Mills (Kim Rhodes) who may unknowingly already be on the case.

That means that Dean is still Michael in ep 3?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, SueB said:

Bits I picked up on:

- Lost track on the body count.  Sufficient to say "HIGH". And most seem like Michael's doing -- especially that pile at the end.  Also gross - putting a priest in a crucifix position w/ bolts thru his hands.  Ouch.

- Either they go back to Apocalypse World (with those dead heads on the spikes) or someone who is anti-human is setting out warnings for their enemies.  Gruesome.

- IA, that's Michael talking to Dean in the mirror

- Looks like Sam sees Dean for the first time back in the Church where Lucifer died -- unless that's a Sam nightmare

- Lots from the scene where it appears Sam is rescuing Cas

- MOTW bits: Guy who looks like the Cryptkeeper -- which is my guess for Dean's pop culture 'dream come true', Charlie on a hunt

- Flashed for split second:
-- I think the girl who got killed last year is having a sheet pulled over her face - like she's dead again
-- It sure looked like Dean putting a body-slam on Jody (onto a table)
-- Rowena doing magic over Jack -- restoring his powers?

I'm so VERY excited.

Me too! I’m in! ???

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Poor Nick!  That would be cruel.  I hope Michael ends up in the Empty along with Lucifer.  Then they can duke it out for all eternity.

That means that Dean is still Michael in ep 3?

I think its more about trying not to make it obvious.  There was another quote from Dabb that said Dean was hunting with Sam.

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Scooping somebody I guess. Since Jason hinted at it, I went to the Shaving People Punting Things vimeo page...

Guess I'm the only one who felt nothing watching this. Definitely didn't feel any sizzle. Just more of the same.

57 minutes ago, SueB said:

enrT4hi.jpg

The earlobe, sideburn & jawline COULD be Mark P but I think the torso is a bit thin in comparison.  I'd guess Jack before Mark P.

Whoever it is appears to be in the devils trap in the dungeon?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, trudysmom said:

Jensen's face looks so thin in this clip.  It's not fair that he just keeps getting better looking, dammit.

I think that is partially the effect of the cracked mirror. His face is a little distorted.  The crack seems to be a theme lately. (How appropriate lol).

1 hour ago, SueB said:

enrT4hi.jpg

The earlobe, sideburn & jawline COULD be Mark P but I think the torso is a bit thin in comparison.  I'd guess Jack before Mark P.

If three weeks have passed it would make sense that the back-from-whatever meatsuit might have lost weight. 

I really hope it's not Mark P. , and really hope if it is, they don't give him Michael (any Michael), and I REALLY hope it's not Lucifer. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

Sounds like Sam is losing faith already

Well, at least he’s consistent!

And “Yay!” for a mention of Ketch. 

Speaking of which, how come Sam and Mary aren’t talking about using the super-duper incredible egg?  

Edited by Lemuria
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, Lemuria said:

Speaking of which, how come Sam and Mary aren’t talking about using the super-duper incredible egg?  

I figure with the Exposition-R-Us crack writing team, one or another of them will say what a pity it is that Crowley hid it away somewhere before he died, or that it's too bad it was a one-and-done kind of magic egg. Or it will be forgotten like most canon is. I guess it would be a worse offense if they did use it again.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

Sounds like Sam is losing faith already.

Okay, I'm all about the mention of Castiel being in Detroit trying to find Dean. That's a call back to s5 which I actually like.  Hmmmmm

• Love 3
10 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I figure with the Exposition-R-Us crack writing team, one or another of them will say what a pity it is that Crowley hid it away somewhere before he died, or that it's too bad it was a one-and-done kind of magic egg. Or it will be forgotten like most canon is. I guess it would be a worse offense if they did use it again.

Re-watched the LOTUS scene.  Sam hands the egg to Cas before Cas and Kelly leave.  So the egg should be in the bunker.  Unless --- the MOL found it and took it back when they ransacked the place.

I'd LIKE if they mention the egg but the egg alone didn't exorcise Lucifer.  The sigil on the wall, the egg, and Rowena's spell seemed to be needed to get the job done.  All re-creatable -- but will the spell send ANYONE to the cage or just Lucifer?  Or was it suppose to send him back to the limbo cage?  Without Crowley to facilitate that... IDK.  Plus, we know Crowley sent him to his Nick suit.  So...the spell MIGHT be iffy.  If they get Michael out of Dean ... they need to know where to put him and that will be sketchy I suspect.

Having said all this ... the egg was the equivalent of any special weapon ... once deployed in a narrative, it doesn't always come back.  There are exceptions (Ruby's knife), "Foe Hammer" in LOTR, etc... but it's common for those 'special weapons' to not be forever available because it makes things too easy. 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

Synopsis for ep 3

I wonder if Dean returns, but they don't know how it happened.

In that Shaving People clip, it looks like Mary is sitting on a hospital bed with an unidentified someone in the bed. I tried to zoom in to see who it is, but couldn't, but it kind of looked to me as if the persons' face was covered in bandages? 

And I know that it could be the Nougat Baby, too, but again, I couldn't be sure...

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, SueB said:

Re-watched the LOTUS scene.  Sam hands the egg to Cas before Cas and Kelly leave.  So the egg should be in the bunker.  Unless --- the MOL found it and took it back when they ransacked the place.

I'd LIKE if they mention the egg but the egg alone didn't exorcise Lucifer.  The sigil on the wall, the egg, and Rowena's spell seemed to be needed to get the job done.  All re-creatable -- but will the spell send ANYONE to the cage or just Lucifer?  Or was it suppose to send him back to the limbo cage?  Without Crowley to facilitate that... IDK.  Plus, we know Crowley sent him to his Nick suit.  So...the spell MIGHT be iffy.  If they get Michael out of Dean ... they need to know where to put him and that will be sketchy I suspect.

Having said all this ... the egg was the equivalent of any special weapon ... once deployed in a narrative, it doesn't always come back.  There are exceptions (Ruby's knife), "Foe Hammer" in LOTR, etc... but it's common for those 'special weapons' to not be forever available because it makes things too easy. 

From the synopsis, I didn't check the transcript.

[Ketch] shows them a number of weapons that mix technology and magic, including a hyperbolic pulse generator which is used for exorcising demons. When Sam asks if it could be used on an angel; intrigued, Mr. Ketch questions what they have gotten themselves into. Dean tells him if he wants their trust, he'll have to trust them first, and he freely gives them the pulse generator

The egg was to expel him, the spell was to send him back to the cage. So in theory they could use it to expel Michael from Dean and a spell to force him into another host - presumably one they already have under lock and key. The cage doesn't have to be part of the equation.

ETA: I had forgotten that Cas took the egg. So there is even less reason for it not to come up in this situation.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

In that Shaving People clip, it looks like Mary is sitting on a hospital bed with an unidentified someone in the bed. I tried to zoom in to see who it is, but couldn't, but it kind of looked to me as if the persons' face was covered in bandages? 

And I know that it could be the Nougat Baby, too, but again, I couldn't be sure...

I think it is Nougat Baby. They mentioned at a con about Jack being in the hospital, IIRC

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

If there is any chance of Michael!Dean returning, I think it has to go down this way somehow. Otherwise, we'll get the Mean flashbacks, but any future Big Bad Michael will be another host. In my opinion, of course.

1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

I think it is Nougat Baby. They mentioned at a con about Jack being in the hospital, IIRC

Who is doing the ninja climb up the wall in the SPPT video?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, gonzosgirrl said:

From the synopsis, I didn't check the transcript.

The egg was to expel him, the spell was to send him back to the cage. So in theory they could use it to expel Michael from Dean and a spell to force him into another host - presumably one they already have under lock and key.

Agree. How much you wanna bet Sam and Jack took the Nicksuit back to the bunker.

2 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I didn't notice that part.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

'it figures she'd be crying over him rather than Dean anyway, I suppose. :-/ 

6 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Now that looks like Dean to me, but again, it's so hard to tell.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

Agree. How much you wanna bet Sam and Jack took the Nicksuit back to the bunker.

Which would be so colossally stupid since Sam knows now that burned wings are meaningless (see: Gabriel and Castiel). If they didn't salt and burn the body, twice, then I just don't know. What do you want to bet they realize the meatsuit isn't dead (which omg, LOLOLOL!! the stupid, it hurts) and feel compelled to save poor, innocent Nick.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

That would fit with Sam saying he would do anything for Dean.  Maybe he's planning to say yes to Lucifer.  Because I don't think Lucifer is dead.  Not a chance.

I tried to keep hope alive that maybe Michael doesn't actually leave Dean and or he gives Dean control back and hides for...reasons, but the way Jensen talked about Michael this last weekend, I didn't get that impression.

I think 2 episodes and 2 or 3 episodes of flashback is it.

The thing I dislike most about Michael being in MP is that it will probably make the aftermath of the trauma more about Sam's connection since he looks like Lucifer.  At least they should have brought Christian back.

• Love 2
Just now, gonzosgirrl said:

Which would be so colossally stupid since Sam knows now that burned wings are meaningless (see: Gabriel and Castiel). If they didn't salt and burn the body, twice, then I just don't know. What do you want to bet they realize the meatsuit isn't dead (which omg, LOLOLOL!! the stupid, it hurts) and feel compelled to save poor, innocent Nick.

That would be right up Sam's alley, too, epsecially with the way that Dabb's been writing him.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

That would fit with Sam saying he would do anything for Dean.  Maybe he's planning to say yes to Lucifer.  Because I don't think Lucifer is dead.  Not a chance.

I tried to keep hope alive that maybe Michael doesn't actually leave Dean and or he gives Dean control back and hides for...reasons, but the way Jensen talked about Michael this last weekend, I didn't get that impression.

The thing I dislike most about Michael being in MP is that it will probably make the aftermath of the trauma more about Sam's connection since he looks like Lucifer.  At least they should have brought Christian back.

Since the episode synopsis for EP3 indicates they still don't have Dean back, it's at least 3 -- or part-way through 3. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, SueB said:

Since the episode synopsis for EP3 indicates they still don't have Dean back, it's at least 3 -- or part-way through 3. 

There was another spoiler with a quote from Dabb that talked about Jody returning.  It said that Sam and Dean end up on the same hunt as Jody.

It's a wayward sisters ep about Kaia, since she's in the episode as well. 

I think they worded it that way to try and make it look like Dean's not rescued after two episodes.

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 2
Just now, ILoveReading said:

There was another spoiler with a quote from Dabb that talked about Jody returning.  It said that Sam and Dean end up on the same hunt as Jody.

It's a wayward sisters ep about Kaia, since she's in the episode as well.

The actual wording of the synopsis is "Still trying to solve the mystery of what happened to Dean..." which could also indicate that Dean is back, but they don't know how it happened and yes, Dabb did say that both of them were on the hunt with Jody.

10 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

I don't have any illusions about this any longer, but if there's a mystery concerning how he came back, at least that would be something and IA that he'll be back by the end of Ep.2.

• Love 2

I rewatched the trailer from Shaving People.

I think it's someone else not in the main group doing the Ninja Walk on the wall. The sign says Motown Meats so I think it's someone that captures Cas. 

Did I spy Jesse and Cesar in the trailer with the scene with the pikes? If it's them they better not kill them.

• Love 1