Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

24 minutes ago, Jakes said:

If Carver was involved he'd be credited.  I'm fine with peeps not liking Dabb--everyone has different opinions.  But imo if he does something you like once and a while, give the man some credit instead of thinking up some hidden reason.  

Re the bold, do you mean NOW or back when he was the showrunner?  As the showrunner he's the head writer. And he had SL control so he would be involved heavily in writing what IMO are two part openers and closers  in s10 and the opener for s11. He wasn't really involved as closely with the end of s11 because of Frequency. 

And I did give Dabb credit for the Prisoner and Riechenbach which doesn't negate Castiel's Cat point that Carver may have had a bigger hand in writing those episodes whether that's in whole cloth or partly.  Just like now Dabb would likely have s hand in all the writing for openers as they are more or less two parters. Or longer tied arcs. Berens has said that Dabb has advised him on particular episodes.

And if you mean currently, an EP credit is enough if all he's doing is giving advice. And Dabb is writing the bulk of it.  

s13 was kind of at the mercy of them setting up Wayward Sisters which IMO has a lot to do with why Sam and Dean's characterizations have wildly shifted with little organic build up. 

Dabb does seem to love writing Dean as a violent, sociopath like in  Riechenbach and the Prisoner, and even a little bit in Inside Man, so if he does that with Dean again, it would fit. He hasn't written Dean with much nuance so maybe you're right that Carver didn't have a hand in it. I can see it both ways TBH.

There is more to Dean than violence and badassery yet I'm not so sure Dabb or Singer see him that way. As always, Jensen will make a meal of it regardless, so there's that with whatever they do.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Re the bold, do you mean NOW or back when he was the showrunner?  As the showrunner he's the head writer. And he had SL control so he would be involved heavily in writing what IMO are two part openers and closers  in s10 and the opener for s11. He wasn't really involved as closely with the end of s11 because of Frequency. 

And I did give Dabb credit for the Prisoner and Riechenbach which doesn't negate Castiel's Cat point that Carver may have had a bigger hand in writing those episodes whether that's in whole cloth or partly.  Just like now Dabb would likely have s hand in all the writing for openers as they are more or less two parters. Or longer tied arcs. Berens has said that Dabb has advised him on particular episodes.

And if you mean currently, an EP credit is enough if all he's doing is giving advice. And Dabb is writing the bulk of it.  

s13 was kind of at the mercy of them setting up Wayward Sisters which IMO has a lot to do with why Sam and Dean's characterizations have wildly shifted with little organic build up. 

Dabb does seem to love writing Dean as a violent, sociopath like in  Riechenbach and the Prisoner, and even a little bit in Inside Man, so if he does that with Dean again, it would fit. He hasn't written Dean with much nuance so maybe you're right that Carver didn't have a hand in it. I can see it both ways TBH.

There is more to Dean than violence and badassery yet I'm not so sure Dabb or Singer see him that way. As always, Jensen will make a meal of it regardless, so there's that with whatever they do.

I mean now--that Carver has nothing to do with this season.  And we just have to disagree that Dabb just writes Dean simply as violence and badassery...he may emphasize that more sometimes(and mainly because of the overall situations set up in recent times) but I see him as doing the full spectrum Dean overall.

I think Dabb is overall ultra-fascinated with Mark Pellegrino`s Lucifer. Still, I welcome when in Dabb`s own episodes, he focuses on him or other side characters or even random plotlines because when he writers brother-centric episodes, he goes right for the Super!Sam and WeakDean trope. 

Provided Dean says yes to Michael in episode 22, I can not accurately gauge how Dabb would handle the Finale then. On the one hand, it would have to be focused on Dean or rather "Michael"  (or whomever, still a little margin of error) which has the potential to suck, on the other hand, it would be in essence a new "side" character and not really Dean so maybe that would lead to some favourable writing. 

The final three episodes done by Berens, Bucklemming and Dabb is, quite frankly, a horror scenario in my book. Berens has been the worst for me in the last two years.     

• Love 4
56 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Provided Dean says yes to Michael in episode 22, I can not accurately gauge how Dabb would handle the Finale then. On the one hand, it would have to be focused on Dean or rather "Michael"  (or whomever, still a little margin of error) which has the potential to suck, on the other hand, it would be in essence a new "side" character and not really Dean so maybe that would lead to some favourable writing. 

I don't think we're going to get MichaelDean until the closing  scene of the finale.

My worry is that Dean will say yes to Michael unnecessarily and another character will take out AUMichael and Dean will have said yes before this knowledge comes to him.

I really want to see Dean as Michael in a showdown with his AU counterpart, but I think that's where Dabb will most likely give the middle finger to that segment of the Dean fandom who've longed to see JA in the Michael role.

I don't trust Dabb at all and I think he will milk the change over from Dean to Michael for all it's worth(AKA the summer hiatus) and then return in s14 with a less warrior-like version of Michael-and possibly even a mind-damaged Michael-which could work IF they allow Jensen to continue on in the role until Michael is fully healed, but that's a big If with these writers.

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, Jakes said:

Isn't Carver still listed in the opening credits.  I know he was last year.

I checked the last episode and he ist still listed in the opening credits as Executive Producer.

4 minutes ago, belbar said:

I checked the last episode and he ist still listed in the opening credits as Executive Producer.

So him having a hand in Reichenbach and The Prisoner isn't out the realm of possibility.

• Love 1
Just now, ILoveReading said:

So him having a hand in Reichenbach and The Prisoner isn't out the realm of possibility.

If he had a hand in the writing of an episode he'd be listed as one of the writers of that episode...regardless of being a producer in name only.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Jakes said:

If he had a hand in the writing of an episode he'd be listed as one of the writers of that episode...regardless of being a producer in name only.

As showrunner, Dabb reviews and approves all the scripts and may suggest changes.  His name isn't listed as a writer in all the ep.  As an executive producer, its possible Carver had a hand in the direction of the scripts even if he didn't write them.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

7 minutes ago, Jakes said:

If they ask Carver to write a full script NOW then I agree he would likely get credit for writing. However, as the showrunner he wouldn't need to have that since the showrunner is already the head writer of the staff. Robert Berens said that Dabb advised him on one of the scripts he worked on this season and told him to include a specific line of dialogue that I think he took out. Or even wrote the dialogue that Berens included. Dabb didn't get credit as the writer.

• Love 2

I'm trying to figure out how the final 2 episodes are going to go.

We know that Jack and Lucifer spend a significant amount of time together in episode 21 and 22.  So does Jack end up back in our world or does Lucifer somehow end up in AW. 

Give the set pics of Jared dressed in camo, and Jim Beaver's tweet about driving a jeep it seems like 22 and 23 are in AW.  I imagine its expensive to create that world, so how does SPN have the budget to make two whole episodes there and pay all the guest stars.  It seems like anyone who had a recurring role this season is in one or both these two eps.

With so many characters and so many story lines and basically 42 minutes to tell a story how does it all come together without being a chaotic mess?

I'm trying trying to figure out how this new character of Jensen's fits in.  Jensen said at the gold panel as NashCon that it takes them into s14.  So if it is Michael then I don't see Dean saying yes until the cliffhanger. 

But then I question why would he say yes?  I can see two scenarios. 

1. He says yes to cage Michael to take out AU Michael.  But cage Michael likes his new vessel and being free and refuses to leave.   For 3 episodes we get Dean bouncing back and forth between Michael and himself.

2. Matt Cohen apparently cancelled NashCon this weekend for professional reasons, which usually means filming.  The other thing I can see happening is AU Michael deciding Dean's his ride out of apocalypse world appears to Dean as John and tricks him into saying yes.  But in this scenario AU Michael in our world isn't going to be killed off or defeated in the first few eps, and I doubt Dean will be possessed all season or even to the mid-season finale. 

I'm hoping for scenario one since I don't want to see Dean set up to fail and he really doesn't need more guilt put onto his shoulders.    Plus, I've always wanted to see Jensen play someone unhindged so I'm hoping for Cage Michael.

The spoiler sheet has Matt Cohen listed as Michael but they admit its specualtion based on his cancelling and his tweet about John.  This leads me toward number 2 more.

Because if Gabe is back in episode 20, i'm guessing he's going to end up helping by giving them some grace.  Given that Sam is supposed to get beat up in ep 21.  I wonder if he and Rowena decide to go into apocalypse world while Dean stays behind and Lucifer hitches a ride.

Didn`t know that about Matt Cohen.

However, it would fit with the show. When Rowena brought Lucifer back to the "interim" cage or whatever that was, they simply used Mark Pellegrino to play him, despite that not make much logistical sense because Lucifer had vacated that particular vessel in 5.22. So sans Sam, he would be "au natural" in the cage. Now they can (and did?) handwave that with "I created this familiar form so we can interact".

Now if they wanted anything with cage!Michael and not bring back Jake Abel, Matt Cohen makes sense for the same reason as Pellegrino did. He played our!Michael in his introduction episode. Yes, they`ve also used him for Lucifer playing games once but that also allowed them to play with the concept of "is it Michael or Lucifer trying to communicate from the cage?"

IF Dean says "yes" to Prime!Michael, you need at least one scene where the characters interact when Dean is still Dean and they hash out their deal. It would be 100 % the show`s M.O. to bring in Matt Cohen for that. 

• Love 5
50 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

As showrunner, Dabb reviews and approves all the scripts and may suggest changes.  His name isn't listed as a writer in all the ep.  As an executive producer, its possible Carver had a hand in the direction of the scripts even if he didn't write them.

Dabb is the show runner and Carver is not on the show anymore.  The show runner doesn't need help from an ex-show runner.  Which we have zero evidence for.

48 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

If they ask Carver to write a full script NOW then I agree he would likely get credit for writing. However, as the showrunner he wouldn't need to have that since the showrunner is already the head writer of the staff. Robert Berens said that Dabb advised him on one of the scripts he worked on this season and told him to include a specific line of dialogue that I think he took out. Or even wrote the dialogue that Berens included. Dabb didn't get credit as the writer.

Dabb's in control of the writing--yes...Carver is not, he's gone.  No evidence he's done zip for the show in 2 years.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Seems like Ketch should be in the middle of this. If he is, I wonder if we are going to end up with a love triangle with Mary, AW Bobby, and Ketch. I totally see this happening.

4 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Seems like Ketch should be in the middle of this. If he is, I wonder if we are going to end up with a love triangle with Mary, AW Bobby, and Ketch. I totally see this happening.

I wouldn't put it paste the writers to kill Ketch off screen and say he died saving Mary and Jack.

• Love 1

If he is not shooting with the others, it`s either that or they will shelf him for the time being by saying he is currently fighting with another resistance cell. Maybe because Mary didn`t want him around. They brought the character back this Season rather randomely after he had a pretty definitive end last year so I can see them wanting to keep him around. Even if he doesn`t show up anymore this Season. 

That might mean, though, that the AU world goes beyond this Season and into Season 14. Quite possible. The writers haven`t really done anything with it but it is an easy way to bring characters back now. 

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 1

At this point, it would almost be too difficult to wrap up the AU storyline this season.  There are too many loose ends.  Especially if Dean doesn't say "yes" to Michael until episode 23...that will be our cliffhanger.  They'll probably just spend the last few episodes killing most of the characters they brought back this season.  

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

At this point, it would almost be too difficult to wrap up the AU storyline this season.  There are too many loose ends.  Especially if Dean doesn't say "yes" to Michael until episode 23...that will be our cliffhanger.  They'll probably just spend the last few episodes killing most of the characters they brought back this season.  

Just to bring back all but one next year . . . it's SUPERNATURAL MUSICAL CHAIRS!!! Whoever's death sticks is OUT!

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

If he is not shooting with the others, it`s either that or they will shelf him for the time being by saying he is currently fighting with another resistance cell. Maybe because Mary didn`t want him around. They brought the character back this Season rather randomely after he had a pretty definitive end last year so I can see them wanting to keep him around. Even if he doesn`t show up anymore this Season. 

That might mean, though, that the AU world goes beyond this Season and into Season 14. Quite possible. The writers haven`t really done anything with it but it is an easy way to bring characters back now. 

It is actually quite beautiful, too. And this is enhanced when Dean is there. Jensen owns the black and white medium, IMO. He always has and always will. The bone structure of his face was a highlight of this week's episode. IMO, of course.

• Love 4

Watching the Gold Panel of SPNNASH, I don't think we've talked about this, but we had the following exchange:

Question:  "Is there any plot or subplot that you'd like the writers to tap into before Baby is parked in Austin forever?'  
Jensen laughes. Jared gets a "I know a secret look".
Jared: "Uh..The answer is yes and *Jensen is squirmy butting around looking anywhere but at Jared*  uh...the..uh...secondary answer is that as far as I'm concerned we are attacking that plot at the end of this season. So.. *Jensen still staring at the floor as he listens intently to how Jared handles this... nods his head and get a 'fair answer' kind of look on his face. Fans give off a 'ooooh'.* "....There's something I wanted to see..."
Jensen: "Spoiler alert!"
Jared (continuing): "... something I've wanted to see we're gonna see."
Jensen: "Yeah.... We're getting into something that's been a long coming. A long time coming. Uh..at the end of the season and it... it will then take us into the next season."
Jared: "Aliens." *smiles*
Fan laughter

Jared: "We go to Hogwarts to study. To hone our craft. And we go to the Dagobah system and start raising X-wings." *Jared is now in full geek mode, resulting in Jensen going...*
Jensen: "Whut?" *schtick mode enabled*
Jared (continuing): "...With all the other Star Wars nerds."
Fan screams

• Love 2

I am SO intrigued by these shots from set. I saw a video and that person is right, he is walking different etc. Could he be death? Kind of reminiscent. Wow. I cannot wait to see Jensen tackle this character!!!!

Also, on a side note, he looks amazing in that outfit.

Edited by scribe95
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, SueB said:

Watching the Gold Panel of SPNNASH, I don't think we've talked about this, but we had the following exchange:

Question:  "Is there any plot or subplot that you'd like the writers to tap into before Baby is parked in Austin forever?'  
Jensen laughes. Jared gets a "I know a secret look".
Jared: "Uh..The answer is yes and *Jensen is squirmy butting around looking anywhere but at Jared*  uh...the..uh...secondary answer is that as far as I'm concerned we are attacking that plot at the end of this season. So.. *Jensen still staring at the floor as he listens intently to how Jared handles this... nods his head and get a 'fair answer' kind of look on his face. Fans give off a 'ooooh'.* "....There's something I wanted to see..."
Jensen: "Spoiler alert!"
Jared (continuing): "... something I've wanted to see we're gonna see."
Jensen: "Yeah.... We're getting into something that's been a long coming. A long time coming. Uh..at the end of the season and it... it will then take us into the next season."
Jared: "Aliens." *smiles*
Fan laughter

Jared: "We go to Hogwarts to study. To hone our craft. And we go to the Dagobah system and start raising X-wings." *Jared is now in full geek mode, resulting in Jensen going...*
Jensen: "Whut?" *schtick mode enabled*
Jared (continuing): "...With all the other Star Wars nerds."
Fan screams

I still say if Jared is talking about it, I think it will involve Sam's SL more than Dean's. I'm not bashing Jared. Just sticking with his established patterns.  It could be Michael!Dean vs Samifer.. If Dean goes to Michael for grace then maybe Sam does  the same with Lucifer if Dean is off on his own which I think will happen.

Or Sam has his psychic powers back.

The other possibiility is Dean getting to have his words with John over their childhood.  Because if they say it's a LONG time then it goes back to before s2 but if I look at Jared's pattern of commenting on spoilers it's typically involving Sam (like the MoC thing was in s11). 

Another thought, if Hogwarts comment is remotely apt then I wonder if that ties into that BMOL school that Mick attended. It's not been said that's it doesn't exist anymore AFAIK.

1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Hmmmm....

And from a fan (?) watching the filming. 

Discuss.

Those pictures are totally giving me a vibe from when Death was introduced. I don't know why Michael would have penchant for wearing a long coat and a cap (or long shot Cain or even longer shot ...Eliot Ness cause of the clothes).  This was one of my original specs way back. And this seems more like Death.

maybe Billie just decides to make Dean Death because she warned him about the consequences of breaking down the walls between universes.  And Dean has worn Death's ring before.

Maybe Dean decides he's going to summon Death's ghost to help him. Which begs the question? Where did Death go upon Dean killing him, is he in the Empty? His own place? Billie said the universe is poetic and it would be poetic if Dean finally becomes Death since Dean killed him. 

As a real wildcard, Dean gets possessed by John. They have kind of foreshadowed that a little with some of inapt John parallels. Maybe Dean is John ( I will be pissed if that happens).

Edited by catrox14

More pics as I scoured Twitter because I can't sleep and am super stressed about other stuff so I am avoiding said stuff. I'm sure this will help me solve those things. LOL

Interesting choice of words on this tweet. Sounds like Dean is Death if the person is trying to be coy and spoil it that way.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Hmmmm....

And from a fan (?) watching the filming. 

Discuss.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...is right.

I wonder if Billie knows what(who) is in store for Dean at the end of this season and that's why she has a baby monitor reaper keeping an eye on the Winchesters in the next episode.

IA that he IS giving off a Death-like vibe in that one pic.

• Love 1

In all seriousness, he looks, moves etc. like a person "out of time", so Death could be the idea.  I could almost believe that the people around Dean can't see him.  It's a great look anyway.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, scribe95 said:

This really throws off all the Michael speculation. Now I have no idea what to think!

I think I really don't want to be spoiled any more now. With "Michael" spec, I kind of knew what to expect, if that makes sense, so being spoiled didn't bother me. Now it seems there's a slim chance they might actually surprise me, and I kind of want that. Oy!

• Love 1

Could Death kill AU!Michael? He said he would one day reap God himself, so why not an archangel. Could Dean's long-delayed consequence for killing Death turn out to be the thing that saves the world?

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I think I really don't want to be spoiled any more now. With "Michael" spec, I kind of knew what to expect, if that makes sense, so being spoiled didn't bother me. Now it seems there's a slim chance they might actually surprise me, and I kind of want that. Oy!

Yeah, I feel you. 

19 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Could Death kill AU!Michael? He said he would one day reap God himself, so why not an archangel. Could Dean's long-delayed consequence for killing Death turn out to be the thing that saves the world?

Him having the Mark of Cain was unbeknownst to him, saving the world too. So why not this.

I wonder if Dean had another convo with Billie or some messages from her that he knows this is coming. Honestly, him becoming Death makes more sense than him saying yes to Michael, if the show doesn't want to repeat s5.  Like last year when he summoned Billie to have her kill them to get out that stupid prison. We didn't see it until after the fact of them getting out.

It’s also reminiscent of Amara walking the streets.  An individual out of step with the world, expericing the world. It could be the last shot of the season and the cliffhanger is Dean/whomever has taken off (with Dean’s body).  No dialog, just a picture of him out and about.

The cap and coat say the 1920’s to me.  Perhaps part of the tentacle monster episode was a foreshadowing of the era. Which would be their great-grandfather’s time for the boys.  

But I don’t think it’s family, it’s clearly (as we know), Jensen as someone else.

His body language is more humble.  Which could fit a chastised Michael.  And the clothing could be back before Michael hatched his “throw an Apocalypse” tantrum.  

This also says that Dean is physically back in the Supernatural universe and not the AU.

This definitely jazzes me up. And by the looks of the little exchange with the fan, Jensen seems happy about it as well.    

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

That iconic Oh Death scene.  I wonder if they'll do something similar with Dean?  Now I'm all excited and sure to be let down somehow.

not entirely sure how I would feel about them redoinyhat in whole cloth or even having the song be used, although they already used it in s11 with Billie sung by Lisa Berry, so I guess it it wouldn't be that awful.

The only part that throws me is that we have seen Death in the form of Billie, so Singer saying it's a character that hasn't been seen in several years kind of ignores Billie,unless  Jensen is going to reprise Julian Richings performance.

So now I'm not 100%  that he's Death

I do NOT think Dean is Death despite the vibe of the pic--both J's says it's something they've been waiting for...that wouldn't be Dean as Death, which was done in a way anyway.   Still somehow think it's Michael--that's a long awaited thing.  HERE'S A WILD THEORY PROBABLY WRONG...what if Dean needs to go to the past to a sane Michael who happened to be on Earth in the 1920's and Gabe zaps him there and Dean says YES there and they come back to present day with Dean as Michael.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, Jakes said:

I do NOT think Dean is Death despite the vibe of the pic--both J's says it's something they've been waiting for...that wouldn't be Dean as Death, which was done in a way anyway.   Still somehow think it's Michael--that's a long awaited thing.  HERE'S A WILD THEORY PROBABLY WRONG...what if Dean needs to go to the past to a sane Michael who happened to be on Earth in the 1920's and Gabe zaps him there and Dean says YES there and they come back to present day with Dean as Michael.

Why would this not be something they've been waiting for? Certainly a good portion of the fans expected some kind of repercussion for Death's death (heh). Perhaps what they've been waiting for is a 'what', not a 'who', necessarily. As far as the mention of waiting a 'long time' or Dabb (Singer?) saying it was someone we haven't seen for a long time - well, we know that none of them has the best sense of time when it comes to the details of the show - not as good as that fans do anyway.

I'm not saying I believe it is Death, but I'm not not saying I believe it, either. It's definitely not the most out-there possibility of all though.

ETA: Oooh, I just had a thought - there was the reported filming behind a curtain - perhaps Julian made an appearance to scold Dean and officially hand off the mantle to him, Billie notwithstanding. Not like they don't change canon from episode to episode as needed. She said 'kill one incarnation, the next one to die takes his place'. Well, 'our' Death said he was millenia old - maybe older than God - so maybe he just needed to regroup and Billie was only a temporary replacement.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
clarity
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Why would this not be something they've been waiting for? Certainly a good portion of the fans expected some kind of repercussion for Death's death (heh). Perhaps what they've been waiting for is a 'what', not a 'who', necessarily. As far as the mention of waiting a 'long time' or Dabb (Singer?) saying it was someone we haven't seen for a long time - well, we know that none of them has the best sense of time when it comes to the details of the show - not as good as that fans do anyway.

I'm not saying I believe it is Death, but I'm not not saying I believe it, either. It's definitely not the most out-there possibility of all though.

ETA: Oooh, I just had a thought - there was the reported filming behind a curtain - perhaps Julian made an appearance to scold Dean and officially hand off the mantle to him, Billie notwithstanding. Not like they don't change canon from episode to episode as needed. She said 'kill one incarnation, the next one to die takes his place'. Well, 'our' Death said he was millenia old - maybe older than God - so maybe he just needed to regroup and Billie was only a temporary replacement.

I don't believe The J's have been waiting years to see Dean play Death.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Jakes said:

I don't believe The J's have been waiting years to see Dean play Death.

That's cool you don't. Doesn't mean it's not possible though.

And you're assuming Jared was saying he was waiting years to see Jensen play another role. We don't know that. It could just as easily be waiting for a certain story to play out, ie, repercussions from killing Death, which is a pretty damn big thing and was barely even addressed, never mind punished.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

That's cool you don't. Doesn't mean it's not possible though.

But why would you believe it?  It's never been a thing on the show that was a big possibility like Michael/Dean or John coming back.   And Dean  took the role already and if he was Death again Dean would still be Dean and not another character.

Edited by Jakes
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Jakes said:

But why would you believe it?  It's never been a thing on the show that was a big possibility like Michael/Dean or John coming back.   And Dean took the took the role already and if he was Death again Dean would still be Dean and not another character.

Unless it's full possession with "Dean" suppressed completely, it's going to Dean as _____.* Maybe actually taking on that mantle of becoming a Horseman would change him fundamentally, as opposed to Dean having to do Death's job in Appointment in Samarra as a 'very important lesson'. He wouldn't be Dean Winchester any more, he'd be Death.

*Or some kind of dual personality thing as when Gadreel surfaced in Sam.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Unless it's full possession with "Dean" suppressed completely, it's going to Dean as _____.* Maybe actually taking on that mantle of becoming a Horseman would change him fundamentally, as opposed to Dean having to do Death's job in Appointment in Samarra as a 'very important lesson'. He wouldn't be Dean Winchester any more, he'd be Death.

*Or some kind of dual personality thing as when Gadreel surfaced in Sam.

Well we'll have to disagree on whether that's a possibility--I doubt it very much but you never know. 

The clothing is an odd detail. It looks 20s style. As of now, this has no further significance to either Michael or Death. At least that we know of. Old Death still wore modern-day suits so despite the image of the walk looking similar to Death`s first introduction, the old-fashioned clothing is not a trademark of his.

I gotta admit, I don`t know right now. And there is no other character right now who I would immediately connect to the 20s either. 

Somehow I think Rowena will in some way set things up so maybe the next episode will provide some context. 

• Love 4