Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, catrox14 said:

IMO, this is not a great promo.

Me. I. Yep, that sounds like Claire. 

This is the worst possible promo for a show I'm already wary of. I'm sure they are trying to cash in on Kathryn's recent successes by putting her out front. I wonder if tgis is just first of a series to intro the girls? Hope so. 

Oh, and Claire? Once? They saved you once? Okaaaay. I see how this show is going to treat Sam & Dean. 

• Love 2

Horrible promo. Incredibly disingenuous, IMO and an obvious ploy to use Katheryn Newton because she's hot right now. Blech.

3 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

Ugh!  I can't even make fun of this.

I can, but don't have the energy right now.

• Love 4

Terrible promo.

Not to mention Claire is a terrible hunter.  She messed up the vampire  hunt, and the werewolf hunt.   But I'd bet money at some point someone will tell Claire she'll be a better hunter than Sam and Dean.

I was indifferent to the spin off.   It wasn't for me, but the more I see and hear about it the more I'm starting to actively dislike it.

I don't think the Wayward's are going to be in a different dimension because I got a chance to ask Kim a question at HonCon and she was talking about how Sam and Dean give her a hug but it was two totally different types of hugs.  So I'm guessing that takes place at the end of the ep for this to happen they need to be in the same universe.

Since Dabb is paint by numbers I figure it will be one of two reasons why Sam and Dean don't show up.

At the end of this ep, Dean will praise the Wayward Whatevers to high heaven and say "they got this."  Dean and Sam will start dimension hoping to find mom and to give them a call if they need help.

Or based on what happened with Dean and Kaia in the last ep, Jody cuts them off and tells Dean to not to come near them.  

I dislike both of these scenarios. 

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, DittyDotDot said:

Horrible promo. Incredibly disingenuous, IMO and an obvious ploy to use Katheryn Newton because she's hot right now. Blech.

I can, but don't have the energy right now.

My issue is it's poorly done. I don't see it as using Kathryn because she's hot right now. I think Claire was always going to be the lead of Wayward Sisters, meaning she would get top billing. Or I did until her stock rose in other projects. **

My problem with it is from a quality stand point.

I think the premise of voice over intros for the promos is bad to begin with. I do like the idea that @gonzosgirrl had that this might be one of several promos that have voice overs from each of the characters.

It's poorly written. It retcons or mistates the history between Claire,  Sam and Dean,  and completely ignores Castiel which OKAY. ..so stupid.  My apologies to whoever wrote that, TFW have saved Claire's ass MULTIPLE times, not ONCE.  

If there HAD to be a voice over intro it should have been something like :

Read over flashbacks to the history between Claire, Cas, Dean and Sam

" Dean and Sam Winchester, and the angel Castiel, are missing. They have saved me more times than I can count. And now they need help.  My name is Claire Novak. Me and my wayward family are going to save them". 

**Claire has been the main teenager/young adult in the show for a long time. I think she will get top billing if it goes to series and Jody/Donna will get the 'and' billing. Or it could be the reverse I suppose with Jody having top billing and Kathryn getting the "and".  I think Claire will be the focus of 13.09.

Or if my theory that is correct that Claire will be killed because she's trying to save the boys then this is her last hurrah, promotion wise. 

32 minutes ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

Didn't Patience knock on Jody's door and Jody answered at the end of the last ep? 

She did, but it was easy to miss moment that was shoved in between them all disappearing from the boat and the closing montage of the now empty boat with the open rift,  Mary and Jack in the AW, and the final shots of the boys Jurassic Kong Skull Park.

37 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

My issue is it's poorly done. I don't see it as using Kathryn because she's hot right now. I think Claire was always going to be the lead of Wayward Sisters, meaning she would get top billing. Or I did until her stock rose in other projects. **

I think the premise of voice over intros for the promos is bad to begin with. I do like the idea that @gonzosgirrl had that this might be one of several promos that have voice overs from each of the characters.

It's poorly written. It retcons or mistates the history between Claire,  Sam and Dean,  and completely ignores Castiel which OKAY. ..so stupid.  My apologies to whoever wrote that, TFW have saved Claire's ass MULTIPLE times, not ONCE.  

" Dean and Sam Winchester, and the angel Castiel, are missing. They have saved me more times than I can count. And now they need help.  My name is Claire Novak. Me and my wayward family are going to save them". 

**Claire has been the main teenager/young adult in the show for a long time. I think she will get top billing if it goes to series and Jody/Donna will get the 'and' billing. Or it could be the reverse I suppose with Jody having top billing and Kathryn getting the "and".  I think Claire will be the focus of 13.09.

Or if my theory that is correct that Claire will be killed because she's trying to save the boys then this is her last hurrah, promotion wise. 

Does anyone know Cas is missing at this point? I thought Jody was the lead - it was certainly Kim/Briana Jody/Donna that (a certain number of) the fans were clamouring for at the cons and online. I don't recall any grassroots call for More!Claire.

• Love 1

Based on press releases from 2017, the Pilot deal is structured with Kim as lead and Brianna as either second or co-lead.  That can always change until the show gets picked up but it’s not KN’s show.  

Having said this; the opening conversation between Jodi and Claire includes (literally): ‘Sam and Dean are on a hunting trip and they haven’t been home in a few days.’   And THIS is what gets Claire to return home to help out.  So like the Supernatural Pilot had that line kickoff Sam’s return to hunting (and thus the show), Claire is put in that position (of being drawn back to something)  It’s a deliberate callback (clearly).  So from a Clair POV, she’s going back home to save Sam and Dean. And they need help.   They are in an AU without a Supernatural ally or an open rift to jump through.   

We also know that Claire makes contact with Kaia in the hospital Alex works.  Probably following a lead. So, lIMO it’s likel Claire gets called in and it’s Claire-heavy for the first two acts.  Then it becomes more ensemble by episod’s end.  IMO it’s a gamble.  For as many as Claire may ‘hook’, she’s just as likely to turn off.   Much depends on the Jody-ness plus Sam and Dean aspect of the first half hour.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

I love Castiel and I’m sure you know by now that I can get pretty sensitive when I feel they’re slighting the character, but I have no issues here. 

As @gonzosgirrl said no one is actually aware of Castiel being missing at the moment. Asmodeus has been using his voice shifting abilities to pose as Castiel when needed. So since Claire is only aware of the danger to Sam and Dean it makes sense for her to refer only to them :)

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Does anyone know Cas is missing at this point? I thought Jody was the lead - it was certainly Kim/Briana Jody/Donna that (a certain number of) the fans were clamouring for at the cons and online. I don't recall any grassroots call for More!Claire.

They might not. Re Castiel. however, I would think once Claire realizes the boys are missing then she would pray to Castiel for help and if he diesnt answer then she might get worried about him too. It was me snarking on the lack of mention of Castiel. But no they don't know. 

From what I've seen on SM , Claire is quite popular amongst the under 30 crowd. Jody is a lead but I don't think the CW is willing to put her in the promos. I've always thought that Jody and Donna willl take a backseat to the stories involving the younger women anyway.. The  CW sucks that way with how they treat women ove 35 and men over 40.

It seems that Kathryn has a savvy agent given her current resume and said agent would be smart to negotiate for for lead or AND credits.

I don't think Kathryn will be 3rd billed. I think it willl go Kathryn, Kat Ramdeen, Patience,  Kaia  AND Briana AND Kim.

Or it will be shared Kim and Briana (like Bones did with David and Emily both names of screen at the same time,)Kat Ramdeen, Patience, Kaia AND Kathyrn Newton.

And I could be totally wrong about all of it LOL

• Love 1

I'm kind of hoping KN's career takes off, although I cannot in a million years visualize her in Little Women.  Which sister is she playing? I don't remember a morose moody one pulling a face all the time.

She's just not very good IMO.  The other girls (minus Patience actress) are far better IMO.  But her name will carry some weight for the first couple of episodes, then I hope we focus on the other girls and she dies or wanders off or something.  I do like Kim and Brianna.  Hope they get some lighter moments and it's not all angst all the time.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

I don't see it as using Kathryn because she's hot right now. I think Claire was always going to be the lead of Wayward Sisters, meaning she would get top billing. Or I did until her stock rose in other projects. 

Personally, I never thought Claire would even be a regular on the series--probably just a recurring--let alone a lead. Katheryn is a busy gal and has been for a long while and I'd be surprised she would want to give up all these extra projects to work full-time on this little show. But, maybe I'm wrong?

4 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I'm sure they are trying to cash in on Kathryn's recent successes by putting her out front. 

I like the idea that there will be different promos from different characters POV--hopefully they'll be better, though. 

5 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

But her name will carry some weight for the first couple of episodes, then I hope we focus on the other girls and she dies or wanders off or something.

I joked somewhere else that maybe they're going to kill off Claire in the episode to motivate everyone else so they're trying to use Katheryn now while they can. ;)

• Love 3
59 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

I joked somewhere else that maybe they're going to kill off Claire in the episode to motivate everyone else so they're trying to use Katheryn now while they can. ;)

I mentioned the same thing myself but I don't know. Thinking more about it, it's not going to be a road show like SPN. It's going to stay in Sioux Falls and maybe other universes via the rift and Kaia's dreamwalking, so I'm not as convinced that Claire's death would be a good motivator since there is nothing for them to get vengeance on unless she dies in the regular world vs in the Bad Place. I mean if she was killed by a monster in the Bad Place then the I guess the motivation would be going back and forth between there and Sioux Falls to track down and kill the monster that kills Claire. Who knows.

3 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

Or based on what happened with Dean and Kaia in the last ep, Jody cuts them off and tells Dean to not to come near them.  

I dislike both of these scenarios. 

I'm thinking you might be on to something here. That might explain why there are different kinds of hugs at the end of the episode. I already think Jody has a weird attitude towards Dean as of 13.03. I know that was supposedly just so Jody could tell Patience she can think for herself.  But IMO throughout that episode Jody was peculiar towards Dean. Not nearly as warm as she usually was. So if she finds out that Dean put a gun to Kaia's head, I think she will give him a dressing down and maybe that will help keep them on the right track. Or it could lead to an interesting conversation about mothers since I would think Dean would tell Jody, "I flipped out because I saw Mom trapped in a cage and she was suffering. She's my mom. I was desperate".  Jody might understand but she might also point out that his mother tried to kill her and she might be less understanding.  I could see it going either way to be honest.

I think though in the end, there might be a big emotional distance between Dean and the rest of them. Maybe Claire is the only one willing to save Dean and Sam hence why she's saying "They saved me, I'm going to save them". Maybe Jody, Patience, Alex, Kaia and Donna should they learn of Dean's extreme behavior will be like "fuck them" and that's why Claire and Kaia are the only ones shown thus far to cross over.

I'll be pissed though if they have Jody shut the door forever on Dean, but I also could see them doing that for maximum angst.

Edited by catrox14

If Jody turns her back on Dean, she better freaking well include Sam, since he went right along with it. Dean was (once again) the instrument, but they all put Kaiah in that car. I wouldn't put this past Dabb & Co., but I can guarantee it's one way to ensure I never watch a frame of the new show.

ETA: wasn't there already some kind of voice-over or blurb of Jody saying they needed to save Dean and Sam, or at least that they were missing?

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

ETA: wasn't there already some kind of voice-over or blurb of Jody saying they needed to save Dean and Sam, or at least that they were missing?

I don't recollect. I know she called and left Sam a message asking him to check in.  I think Jody might be less inclined to go at Sam about it because she and Sam are now war buddies. Hard to say though. 

4 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

Hopefully there will be other promos.  This one's more like an ad for hair products.

No kidding... I haven't watched the video yet, but from that still picture, the hair says "shampoo commercial." Is Claire supposed to be hunting with all that hair bouncing around? The safety issue alone makes it silly enough, but I'd want to keep the hair tied up (preferably with a bandana around my head) just to keep monster blood and guts and such out of it. Hair can be "stylish" spilling out the top of a bandana type thing without being completely stupid-looking for a hunting scenario. Claire ain't Xena, Warrior Princess, so the hair just looks ridiculous under the circumstances in my opinion. (same with all of the make up, but hey...)

• Love 1

I just came across this on tumblr!

TIME TO RETURN THE FAVOR – Donna (guest star Briana Buckmaster) calls Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) for help after her niece, Wendy (guest star Sarah Dugdale), goes missing. The three hunters discover Wendy was kidnapped by a man who sells human parts to monsters in a grotesque online auction and race to save her before it is too late. Amyn Kaderali directed the episode written by Davy Perez (#1311). Original airdate 1/25/2018.

I’m not a big fan of the “its time to return the favour” tag line! I assume it’s referring to Donna helping to save the brothers in 13x10 and if anything that was Donna and Co “returning the favour”. Plus they’re meant to be friends not playing some stupid point scoring game. Although I blame the CW pr time (I’m fairly certain one of them writes these summaries?) rather than those involved with the show itself. 

On a a brighter note, aside from that opening tag line, the summary made the episode sound interesting and I am looking forward to meeting Wendy and hopefully other members of Donna’s family :) 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, nightwing877 said:

So Jack is now in another AU world. No forests in the world Mary is in unless he ends up somewhere else. 

I'm not sure if they are in another AU, or Earth 1, or the Bad Place.  Could be Earth 1, maybe AU!Bobby helps them and they all come back through a Rift that AU Kevin and Jack create together.  Or maybe Jack knows they ended up in the Bad Place so they find a way to it in order to help Sam and Dean.  Maybe there is a forest land in the AW that hasn't been shown yet?

I'm still not convinced there's going to be any reference to Dean holding a gun to Kaia's head to get her to help them.  By the time they got to the boat, she was the one encouraging them to use her dream walking ability to save all of them. She's been made aware of bad ass angels and Lucifer's son, so I think she gets that there's a bigger picture here.  Dean wasn't just some creepy guy trying to kidnap her.  I don't see her running to Jody to cry about mean Dean, and I don't see Jody getting angry with Dean for doing what he does.  Jody herself was the one to encourage Patience to join the hunting world rather than lead a safe life at Dean's recommendation.  These people do not lead normal lives, and I will really call bullshit if Jody or anyone gets up in Dean's face about that.  He's already apologized to Kaia, and we all know why he reacted the way he did.  I hope that's treated as water under the bridge like it should be.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

I'm still not convinced there's going to be any reference to Dean holding a gun to Kaia's head to get her to help them.  By the time they got to the boat, she was the one encouraging them to use her dream walking ability to save all of them. She's been made aware of bad ass angels and Lucifer's son, so I think she gets that there's a bigger picture here.  Dean wasn't just some creepy guy trying to kidnap her.  I don't see her running to Jody to cry about mean Dean, and I don't see Jody getting angry with Dean for doing what he does.  Jody herself was the one to encourage Patience to join the hunting world rather than lead a safe life at Dean's recommendation.  These people do not lead normal lives, and I will really call bullshit if Jody or anyone gets up in Dean's face about that.  He's already apologized to Kaia, and we all know why he reacted the way he did.  I hope that's treated as water under the bridge like it should be.

I tend to agree with this. Dabb and his simple writers do like to thrown Dean's character under the bus with clichéd-to-the-point-of-caricature nonsense, but they can't back this one up over him and go again without putting Sam and Jack under there with him. Dean did it, but they both stood there and let him, and then went along with it. Well, of course they can, but it would be even more ridiculous.

• Love 3

To me it was no big deal.  I'd have done the same thing under the circumstance and if I had a clue about how a gun works.

Dean went darker than dark when he saw mother  alive in that iron maiden thingy.  He was furious with himself for not having faith like his brother. For not believing mother could still be alive and for giving up on her so readily. Giving up is not Dean's MO. His facial expression from the moment he learns mother is alive to holding a gun to that girl's head is one of panic and fury.  Got to save mother! No time to waste! Dean is all action and to hell with consequence when it involves family.  

I, too, hope it's forgotten and I hope they never do it again as it has upset the fandom no end.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

I, too, hope it's forgotten and I hope they never do it again as it has upset the fandom no end.

I'm not seeing this, but again, I suppose it's all about where one wanders on the internet.

FWIW, I too doubt that it will be brought up again, but I liked it regardless. It showed a side of Dean that has evolved/happened because of the circumstances of his sad life.

It seems Real to me-which the character has always been to me-and it's why I  still love him so much.

• Love 2

I wonder if they are going to come back from the AW via that Rift? Sam posted about filming in the mud and rain probably at this location, or nearby. Are Jack, Cas and Mary all together. Did Cas and Lucifer help them get out of the AW. Where are Sam and Dean in all of this?

We know they are out of the Bad Place because of the filming with TFW and Sister Jo...so what is up, smart guys?

49 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Hmm. So it seems like they are back at the location in the 12.23 finale where Jack was born and Cas was murdered. Curious

That video was awesome! Since I’ve been rather disappointed by how little Cas/Jack we’ve got after last season falsely setting Cas up as his “guardian” good to see it looks like they’ll be in at least one more episode together!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, catrox14 said:

I wonder if they are going to come back from the AW via that Rift? Sam posted about filming in the mud and rain probably at this location, or nearby. Are Jack, Cas and Mary all together. Did Cas and Lucifer help them get out of the AW. Where are Sam and Dean in all of this?

I definitely could be they returned to the scene of the crime, so to speak, but if the rift is closed, why? Maybe they're "redressing" the same beach as a different location? 

I'm guessing Cass and Satan's deal about Jack they teased earlier this season will come into play here. Can't comment on where Sam and Dean are yet, but since it seems Cass isn't allowed to be in the presence of Sam and Dean for more than one episode, maybe they reached their quota the previous episode? ;)

• Love 1
2 hours ago, DittyDotDot said:

I definitely could be they returned to the scene of the crime, so to speak, but if the rift is closed, why? Maybe they're "redressing" the same beach as a different location? 

Assuming it's not being redressed, maybe they are going back to that spot because it's already had a rift and it would be easier to open another one? Unless they are trying to seal up any open rifts? Maybe the house is still there and they went back to get something out of the house.

I've been wondering what did Sam, Dean and Jack do with Cas and Kelly's ashes? Did they keep them? Bury them? Put them in the lake?

I still think something ain't right with Castiel and to that end, I had a wild thought that maybe Cas isn't Cas or his vessel is a loaner from the Empty and his time is running out. So he and Cas go back to the where he was burned to get his and Kelly's ashes so Jack can try to rebuild both Cas and Kelly to their states before they died. It's not likely at all though.

I've still been musing on that one angel maybe squirreling away Cas' actual body and swapping it with a doppelganger. Again, 99% unlikely to happen at all.

19 hours ago, Wayward Son said:

That video was awesome! Since I’ve been rather disappointed by how little Cas/Jack we’ve got after last season falsely setting Cas up as his “guardian” good to see it looks like they’ll be in at least one more episode together!

Yes fantastic video--they did do what they said and made Cas a father-like important figure to Jack...which I loved.   But as usual Misha will be in around 11 to 15 episodes--so we need the usual getaways.  Not just from Jack but Sam and Dean.  Hopefully Cas gets with them all more in the second half--which is usually the case especially towards the end episodes.

• Love 1

I'm putting this here because the episodes are in SPN proper but also kind of about the tone of the WS episode. So I just don't really know where it should go so I'm putting it here and the WS spoilers thread

Supernatural’: Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles, & Briana Buckmaster Preview the ‘Wayward Sisters’ Spinoff

http://collider.com/supernatural-wayward-sisters-explained-jared-padalecki-jensen-ackles-interview/#briana-buckmaster

QUESTION: What do you think about bringing a female-led show to the Supernatural universe?

BUCKMASTER: I think it’s part of what’s growing in media right now, is having women storytelling, and telling things from their point of view. I think in general in life it’s something that I certainly was looking forward to and am excited about, is telling a story from a woman’s point of view and from Donna’s point of view. I think what it’s going to add to Supernatural is, it’s going to give the fandom, which is in a large part female-based, an opportunity to feel like they’re telling the story and an opportunity to relate to these characters. I think it’s going to make them feel more involved and it’s going to get them more excited about the show, if that’s humanly possible.

Tonally, how does it compare to Supernatural?

BUCKMASTER: I think that it’s very similar in tone. I wouldn’t say that it’s a drastic change, other than it literally is coming from a female point of view. I don’t think that in tone it’s really significantly changed. The stories are still in the same vein of Supernatural, so I don’t think it’s going to be this huge shift for the fans. I think it’s going to be just slightly heightened.

What can you tell us about the other new character and the interactions between Patience and the new character?

BUCKMASTER: Well, Jody as we know has been taking in these wayward girls and helping them in a situation where some of them are finding that they’re parent-less or without leaders in their life. My character is there to assist Jody in a way, and Patience. I just watched that episode actually a couple of days ago. Clark Backo is such a great, wonderful actress and I think Patience is the perfect addition because she comes from a different background than a lot of the women. A lot of the women come from rougher beginnings and Patience was raised at a little bit of a higher class. It will be interesting to see what that character brings, or learns even.

The new character coming in, I’m not sure how much I can say without giving away stuff, so I’m not going to. But she is going to be unlike any of the characters in a really exciting way — a brand new way that has so many opportunities for the actress, for the character, and for all the characters around her.

It’s interesting to see your character’s evolution.

BUCKMASTER: Donna has such a special place in my heart. It’s going to be such a huge — knock on wood — part of my life, and is currently. When I got cast in that role, it was a very small role. It wasn’t even a guest star role at the time, and I was very excited to play a character that had this fun accent and had this kind of complex storyline about being the leader and sheriff of a town but also really insecure, feeling like her husband’s left her. There’s lots going on there. And over the past couple of years she’s developed strengths in new areas that teach her to grow and areas she thought that she was weak. So what a great thing for me as a human person and me as an actress to get to learn through Donna about what we can do though hardships.

This episode that I’m working on now goes even further into the character, what she’s going through, what she’s capable of, and what she’s going to do moving forward. I’m more excited about this script than I’ve probably been about anything for my specific character. I think what’s great about Donna is she’s very relatable in that way. She’s just kind of a regular woman, having regular, everyday insecurities that we all have, and watching her succeed though that and knowing that we all can succeed though that.

Can you talk about the episode you’re filming?

BUCKMASTER: This episode is about Donna’s niece who goes missing, and she’s very close to her niece, so it’s a situation that she doesn’t feel is necessary to get help for, but she is desperate. I think that for an episode that Donna has previously been in, it’s very different. She’s usually kind of funny and bright and sunny, and she’s not in this episode. She is haunted, she is broken, she is vacant, she is lost, because she has lost this woman who’s like a daughter to her. It is an intense, dark, creepy episode. I don’t want to give too much away but for me, it’s a darker episode than I’ve ever been a part of and you see what she’s willing to go through moving forward.

How does your relationship with the Winchesters evolve?

Image via The CW

BUCKMASTER: I think it grows because we now have a stronger connection. I think when they first met Donna they felt a need to protect her in a way. And they did but they also taught her ways to protect herself and to protect others which made her stronger.

As that grows, I think she is creating a bond with the Winchesters because they’re all hunters now. They’re the king hunters and she’s growing under them. I think that brings them a sense of pride and also gives them an ally. I think that relationship is just going to keep growing stronger.

Early in Supernatural, fans were resistant to female characters. When do you think there was a shift?

BUCKMASTER: I don’t know. I wasn’t around. I’ve heard of this backlash with the women but I’m thinking that maybe it was a misinterpretation of the female opportunity in the show. The women in the pilot are not there to solely serve the Winchesters or to serve any men; they’re there to help others and save themselves. That’s an exciting opportunity for the viewers to see six regular women from all walks of life learning to save themselves and be their own heroes.

I think now is the time that television and movies are discovering that a lot of women want to have their stories told by women; they want to have their voices heard. This is an opportunity that Supernatural and The CW is giving to all of us as a viewership and a fandom.

Supernatural is more of a road show but it sounds like Wayward Sisters is going to be set in the town. Are all the bad guys going to converge on the town?

BUCKMASTER: From what I know, they do want to centralize it in one spot, and I think that’s kind of exciting. I was talking a bit to Kim Rhodes about it, and we think it’s kind of exciting — the people you can meet in a town, the people who can come to town, the people who leave town. There’s all kinds of opportunities  we didn’t get to discover because Supernatural is a road show.

I don’t know — I genuinely don’t know — how they’re going to specifically bring in the monsters or fight the monsters in one space, but I think it creates an enormous opportunity to develop a lot of relationships that will keep the viewers enticed and loyal and empathetic and emotional about these bonds that will be created and broken inevitably, because it takes place in such a small town.

Are you anticipating having some fan favorites come on the spinoff?

BUCKMASTER: That’s what I’ve heard. I get no say in the matter, sadly. We have people that we really want to come on the show which is pretty much everybody you could ever imagine, just because they’re our friends and we’re like “we want to play with them!” And there’s characters that my character has never and may never meet — like Castiel, Rowena, Abbadon, all these characters that I’m a big fan of and obviously a big fan of the actors that play them. So these are characters that I’d like to see on the show. I think that’s what they want. That’s what they say they want. That’s what I want.

Who’s at the top of your list?

BUCKMASTER: I think it would have to be Castiel. I’ve said this before, and I think it would be just for the pure comedy reasons of seeing Donna and Castiel trying to communicate — just the idea that Donna would be like “Hiya! I like your wings. Gosh, you’re cute,” and Castiel would be like “Who is this? Who is this person?” Just kind of stoic and not understanding how forward Donna is. I think that the contrast of those characters would be just golden.

The Supernatural midseason premiere episode, “Wayward Sisters” debuts Thursday, January 18th on The CW.

Interesting comments from Jared in bold

Would you like to do a crossover with the spinoff?

PADALECKI: Yeah. I hope to God to do it. We obviously are buddies with all the crossover gangs here. It’s fun to hear them talk about dad’s on a hunting trip — it gives me chills to hear. I remember reading that in the pilot. And Jared didn’t know anything about Sam or hunting or whatever, but they wanted Sam to know, so they had to correct me a few times and be like “hey, this isn’t a big surprise to you. You know your dad hunts.” It’s not like, “he did what? Remember, this is your life too.” I was like “OK, cool.” Now that it’s fleshed out I kind of become a fan of Supernatural, and as a fan of Supernatural I would love to help it keep going with the Wayward Sisters and vice versa, and have them come back to our show.

ACKLES: There’s a reason that this is hinging around them, because they were [fan] favorite characters on the show. I know they’re favorite guests of ours, and when they get to come on the show it’s really fun for us. So in order to kind of keep that alive and keep those family ties alive, I would absolutely encourage those crossovers.

Image via The CW

PADALECKI: And this is a really neat family that we’re all a part of, but that he and I specifically get to be a part of because we’re friends with these women outside of set. We do conventions and we see them on weekends in different cities and their loved ones and their friends. So we know each other. It feels like they’ve been on the show for a lot longer than they have even though we’ve done three episodes with one or whatever it is, it’s like “I’ve seen you a dozen times in a dozen situations!”

ACKLES: It’s this community that’s been together for well over a decade now. And everybody’s really excited to be a part of this. I think if we can certainly help them get their foothold, then absolutely.

PADALECKI: I don’t want to spend the rest of my life acting, but I would happily guest star on their show.

On 1/9/2018 at 0:48 PM, catrox14 said:

I'm putting this here because the episodes are in SPN proper but also kind of about the tone of the WS episode. So I just don't really know where it should go so I'm putting it here and the WS spoilers thread

Supernatural’: Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles, & Briana Buckmaster Preview the ‘Wayward Sisters’ Spinoff

http://collider.com/supernatural-wayward-sisters-explained-jared-padalecki-jensen-ackles-interview/#briana-buckmaster

Interesting comments from Jared in bold

PADALECKI: I don’t want to spend the rest of my life acting, but I would happily guest star on their show.

Here's some real speculation/extrapolation. Since he's said that he and Jensen have agreed on their ideal ending, and Jared can see himself guest starring on WS, then it follows that he doesn't see SPN ending with Sam dead.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Here's some real speculation/extrapolation. Since he's said that he and Jensen have agreed on their ideal ending, and Jared can see himself guest starring on WS, then it follows that he doesn't see SPN ending with Sam dead.

I had that same thought and then realized Sam could come back as a ghost, revenant, doppelganger, demon, or any other crazy scheme to have him or Dean on WS.  Do you still think it ends with Dean dead?

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I had that same thought and then realized Sam could come back as a ghost, revenant, doppelganger, demon, or any other crazy scheme to have him or Dean on WS.  Do you still think it ends with Dean dead?

True that. I guess 'ghost' Sam could even be recurring, lol.

Nothing has changed my feeling that they are writing towards Dean's death though. :(

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

True that. I guess 'ghost' Sam could even be recurring, lol.

Nothing has changed my feeling that they are writing towards Dean's death though. :(

Same for me with Dean. Unless it's just Dean leaving the hunting life they are writing towards.  I'm just really worried more than anything that Dean's death will not be heroic.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Dabb is already doing his best to murder Dean's character, so it won't surprise me when he murders the actual character.

Man I really hope they don't kill Off Dean.  I will literally throw my tv out the window. That would be 13 years of watching down the drain for me.  I'm not too happy about the Wayward girls coming to "save" Sam and Dean.  Since when have they needed saving.  They've been imprisoned numerous times, stuck in hell,heaven in purgatory etc.  It's one thing if Cass or Jack helps save them. Those dudes are supernatural creatures.   It's a bit absurd for Claire, Kaia and Jody to come and save them.  I thought they were the "guys who saved the world."

The title A Holy Man makes me think the episode is going to be about Dean (somehow his role as 'the righteous man' will come into play again) or it is going to be about a new character. I really don't think the descriptor "a holy man" really fits any of our current main cast otherwise. 

I was browsing the spoiler sheet and according to it the appearances that we know of so far are

Misha  - 10* (8 eps speaking) (1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7,12,13, 14,16)

Alex - 7. (1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 9, 14)

Mark - 5. (1, 2, 7, 12, 13)

My guess is Misha won't appear after episode 16 until episode 23. I think it'll be the same as last year where the latter half of the season was very Castiel lite. For reference he appeared in 12x15, 12x19 and 12x23. He may show up around 13x19 to bring his appearances up till 12 but that's about it. 

I think the latter of the season will be very Lucifer and Jack heavy. I'm anticipating Alex and Mark will both in episodes 21-23 as a fundamental part of the end of season mytharc. Since that would only bring Mark's known appearances up to 8 he must also appear in at least two of episodes 15-20 to bring him up to the bare minimum of 10 appearances for a regular. 

55 minutes ago, bozodegama said:

Man I really hope they don't kill Off Dean.  I will literally throw my tv out the window. That would be 13 years of watching down the drain for me.  I'm not too happy about the Wayward girls coming to "save" Sam and Dean.  Since when have they needed saving.  They've been imprisoned numerous times, stuck in hell,heaven in purgatory etc.  It's one thing if Cass or Jack helps save them. Those dudes are supernatural creatures.   It's a bit absurd for Claire, Kaia and Jody to come and save them.  I thought they were the "guys who saved the world."

Preach! 

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

The title of this ep is rumored to be A Most Holy Man.  Since Dabb and Singer are writing this, I expect it to focus on Sam.

Hmmm. I wonder if it will be more like the Least Holy Man as in Lucifer. Like maybe it will be from Lucifer's perspective that he thinks he's Holy.

2 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Hmmm. I wonder if it will be more like the Least Holy Man as in Lucifer. Like maybe it will be from Lucifer's perspective that he thinks he's Holy.

That's what I was thinking as well. It could just be a random character of the week who is a zealot. I definitely think the title might be misleading.

5 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Or, there could just be alternate universes with different Sam's in it? Lots of possibilities on a show where death is meaningless. 

• Love 1