Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

The only reason "Coma Girl"  (Gen P's body) was possessed by Ruby was because Sam insisted wouldn't talk to her unless it was a recycled meat suit.  If Sam isn't there, no reason to think Ruby would possess Coma Girl's body. There's no reason Coma Girl would likely have survived the Apocalypse either.  She was not someone with hunter skills or unusual talents.  

So, I don't see Gen being on the show again due to the Apocalypse AU or the The Bad Place AU.  And since I don't see the flagship keeping up with the multiverse, I don't see Gen coming back as a high probability.

Also, if Wayward doesn't get picked up, then the show has to disposition the open Hellmouth.  Clearly they will leave the Hellmouth open for the potential of Wayward.  But if not, I suspect they'll have the ladies AND Sam and Dean close it up next season.  

Finally, I think Jack is likely to be dispositioned as a one-season character -- although the love he's gettting MAY change TPTB's mind.  The reason being that (like Cas) he's too powerful and he could possibly close the tear he made.  If he's around, then the Wayward premise kinda has a hole in it.  If they don't have Wayward go forward, they could possibly keep him around but again -- too powerful.  Plus, we've got the whole Michael from the AU threat.

Bottom line:  I think Jack is still likely a one (season) and done character.  He's not the Big Bad. He's the Big Good.  And his resolution will be tied up in Big Bad resolution.  Of course, they may find Alex' appeal too strong to pass up and change their minds.  If they are smart they won't kill him off, just send him to an AU to fix the AU.  I would LOVE AU Bobby to get Alex as a 'son'.  

• Love 1

SEASON 13: Jensen Ackles, His Wife Danneel Harris & Misha Collins Film SUPERNATURAL in Horseshoe Bay

http://hollywoodnorth.buzz/2017/12/season-13-jensen-ackles-his-wife-danneel-harris-misha-collins-film-supernatural.html

What were Jensen Ackles, his wife Danneel Ackles and Misha Collins doing in Horseshoe Bay earlier this week?

#Supernatural in Horseshoe Bay.
JDM — Jensen Ackles, his wife Danneel Harris Ackles & Misha Collins surprised everyone by walking around the village like ….regular humans.
Lousy photo but proof it happened. #SPN pic.twitter.com/WYEitTm0eB

— YVRShoots (@yvrshoots) December 14, 2017

Supernatural is filming the Devil’s Bargain, the thirteenth episode of its thirteenth season. And it’s a big deal. Danneel Ackles (One Tree Hill) guest-stars as faith healer Sister Jo, who comes to the attention of Supernatural’s Big Bad Lucifer (Mark Pellegrino). Her character will recur in the back half of the season.

Will Sister Jo meet Dean Winchester? You betcha. At the Diamond Deluxe Motel played by the Horseshoe Bay Motel.

I saw them leaving set but didn’t photograph it.

But I did catch Misha Collins leaving set and handing over Castiel’s rain coat until the night shoot.

a-spn-cas-in-horseshoe-bay-2.jpg?w=1028a-spn-horseshoe-bay-2.jpg?w=2000a-spn-hb10-2.jpg?w=2000

Baby in Horseshoe Bay.a-spn-baby-horseshoe-bay-2.jpg

After a drink in a pub with Jensen & Danneel Ackles, Misha Collins returned to set for the night shoot, picking up his Castiel rain coat.a-spn-cas-hb9-2.jpg?w=1423a-spn-horseshoe-bay-4-2.jpg?w=2000a-spn-cas-hb10-2.jpg?w=2000

Who’s that down the street next to the crew in Santa hats?  It’s Evil Colonel Sanders aka Prince of Hell Asmodeus (Jeffrey Vincent Parise).a-spn-cas-hb14-2-1.jpg?w=1688

Edited by catrox14

I was checking the spoiler sheet and there is a character named Wendy Hanscum listed for ep 11, which is supposed to be Donna centric. 

I googled the actress, Sarah Dugdale and she's only 22.  So I'm guessing this is going to be Donna's sister. 

The name of the episode is Breakdown, and was originally supposed to be the vampires on a train ep, the concept which has been scrapped according to the spoiler sheet.   This this is Perez who is paint by the numbers,   I'm guessing that this is going to be Donna's sister, who is killed by Vampires.   Donna will decide she wants revenge and goes after the vampire that kills her.   She'll get in over her head, but in the end she'll still manage to save Sam and Dean who come to rescue her because "girl power."

Then she probably won't get the Head vampire so she'll decide to quit being a sherrif and go join Jody and the gang until she exacts her revenge. 

http://ibelieveinthelittletreetopper.tumblr.com/post/162826766658/supernatural-season-13-spoiler-sheet

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 1
56 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Donna will decide she wants revenge and goes after the vampire that kills her.   She'll get in over her head, but in the end she'll still manage to save Sam and Dean who come to rescue her because "girl power."

I think she would call Dean and Sam for help if vampires attacked her family. I don't think she would do it on her own. And she doesn't strike me as the vengeful type. That would be big flip on Donna's characterization. 

Maybe it will get a flip around and it's Donna's sister who gets turned into a vampire, and Donna decides she has to hunt her to keep her from hurting other people, kind of  like Gordon with his sister, only without all the crazy ,and need to kill Sam. I think Donna would rather take out her own family member than have someone else do it. I I would rather she have a sense of duty to protect others from her sister vs vengeance. I mean I can see why Donna might lose some of her naivete but that went out the window and she adapted pretty fast to watching a vampire kill someone. 

2 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I think she would call Dean and Sam for help if vampires attacked her family. I don't think she would do it on her own. And she doesn't strike me as the vengeful type. That would be big flip on Donna's characterization.

Didn't the spoiler say that we're going to see another side of Donna's characterization?

2 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Maybe it will get a flip around and it's Donna's sister who gets turned into a vampire, and Donna decides she has to hunt her to keep her from hurting other people, kind of  like Gordon with his sister, only without all the crazy ,and need to kill Sam.

Since Perez does like to copy and paste from past episodes I can also see this happening.

21 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

copy and paste from past episodes

I don't read spoilers, but this does sound a very familiar storyline no matter who turns out to be the vampire - hope they go for something more original and dynamic. 

I'm miffed at the chunks of Supernatural time being taken away to set up the WS series.  But that's just selfish me.

1 minute ago, ILoveReading said:

Didn't the spoiler say that we're going to see another side of Donna's characterization?

I don't remember just that something happens that changes Donna. But to me Donna going full on vengeance mode like Sam or John or even Dean seems unlikely.  John had come back from Vietnam and it's possible he had some issues with PTSD (not canon) that when Mary was killed, it triggered some stuff. 

and he had to protect his kids from further harm that he would seek to kill the monsters. But Donna has never shown a hint of that kind of darkness. It's not to say she shouldn't have a darker side of course, but I mean surely she's seen enough in all her years in law enforcement that vengeance is something she knows she can't do.

25 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

I don't read spoilers, but this does sound a very familiar storyline no matter who turns out to be the vampire - hope they go for something more original and dynamic. 

I'm miffed at the chunks of Supernatural time being taken away to set up the WS series.  But that's just selfish me.

I don't think its selfish. What I'm trying to reconcile is if the actions and plot lines and characterizations that are happening within these episodes that set up WS will have continuous impact in SPN. Or is Berens notion of the WS returning SPN to SPN is going to be a result of universe splitting. Like I'm starting to wonder if it's going to be something like the boys getting out of The Bad Place through a portal literally puts them or the wayward sisters into two different universes. Dean's actions towards Kaia should have some fallout and that is bothering me. Like I don't want Jody, Donna and Dean's relationship, friendship crushed because he put a gun in Kaia's face but it can't be ignored either.

I'm not a Donna fan or interested at all in WS so IMO it's just another boring wasted episode spoiler. I wasn't impressed in previous Donna one-offs but maybe they will surprise me.

I'd much rather see whether Dean is losing it or not but that apparently isn't going to happen either. 

• Love 1

Huh. IMDB as this guy listed as Zachariah.  I hope this is not THE Zachariah. Maybe an AU Zachariah.

Hmmm.

And he's been on SPN before in two other roles that I don't remember at all

Supernatural (TV Series)
Desmond / Marshall Todd / Zachariah

- Citizen Fang (2012) ... Desmond

- Mommy Dearest (2011) ... Marshall Todd

- Episode #13.14 ... Zachariah

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Wasn't Desmond the vamp who was framing Benny for the killings?

Man, I really hope they aren't re-casting Zachariah. I hated him, but that's because he was so unapologetically rotten.

Yeah, Desmond was the vamp Benny killed.  Marshall Todd was the first one to become a Jefferson Starship in Mommy Dearest.  Neither one was a very big role.  

I'd say he might be AU Zachariah, since it doesn't look like angels are the same in both universes (or there wouldn't be an AU Michael) but that doesn't really make sense to me...Does that also mean there's an AU God there, or did Chuck create all the universes and put alternate versions of his children in all of them?  

My head hurts.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Wasn't Desmond the vamp who was framing Benny for the killings?

Man, I really hope they aren't re-casting Zachariah. I hated him, but that's because he was so unapologetically rotten.

ohhhh I forgot about that guy.  Yeah, I'm not down for a re cast of Zachariah. Although they recast Joshua just to kill him off. Seems like that should have major fallout

Eh, any angel or demon can easily be recast. I'd love to see Kurt Fuller back, but I actually prefer if they're doing an alternate universe they have the angels possessing different people. That makes more sense to me. Plus, I think it shakes up dynamics here and there. I'd like to see some of the same actors back as completely different characters, too. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Technically a spoiler?

I think so since the episode hasn't aired

Did you think Dabb would be stupid enough to put Mary and Bobby together in the AU?

Romantically/sexually that is

• Love 1
2 hours ago, catrox14 said:

I think so since the episode hasn't aired

Did you think Dabb would be stupid enough to put Mary and Bobby together in the AU?

Romantically/sexually that is

I hope not. Bobby already has been paired with Ellen and Jody before, so wouldn't surprise me. 

Speculation about the rest of the season. 

So the Rift is open on the boat, which begs the question of whether it's open only to one of the worlds i.e. the AW, the Bad Place, or possibly any of the the other universes that were shown. Or is it open for all of the worlds and anyone who enters it won't know where they are going or will they be able to pick a world? I hope it's not the latter. Kaia is going to take Claire to the Bad Place to rescue the boys based on the pics from 13.09 but is that because the Rift is open only to  the Bad Place or will Kaia now be able to take someone there via dreamwalking?

Will they have to open another rift to AW if the current one only goes to the Bad Place? That won't be possible without Jack though, right?

If it's open to the AW then Michael can come through but I suspect there will be a fight between Michael and Jack/Mary because he wants to cross over and Jack and Mary will try to prevent that from happening.

Will Jack know they are in the Bad Place or will he think they are in the AW? Heck, will Jack's powers even work in the AW? (and now I really want A&W root beer and keep thinking there should be some A&W's in the AW but I digress)

I'm trying to figure out Claire's role should the pilot be sent to series. Kathryn Newton is working in a lot of prestige projects on the big screen and cable outlets right now per an article about her that I posted in the Media thread. Weirdly, neither SPN nor Wayward Sisters is mentioned at all which makes me wonder if she is going to have much of a role after 13.09 airs. Maybe one more but I think Claire is going to die or be trapped in the Bad Place which is why Jody, Alex and Donna will become full time hunters should the pilot go to series. I just don't see how they can get Kathryn Newton as a series regular to appear in 10 or 13 or 23 eps if it goes to series.

I'm wondering if showing us all those other worlds, is a way to set up a possible SPN/DCTV crossover. I mean they really could do that now because any of those other worlds could be to Earth 1 or Earth 2 in DCTV land.

Who knows, maybe that was the entire reason for showing all those other worlds beyond SPN.  Heh, Alexander/Jack could show up in Arrow with the boys in tow and Oliver Queen would be like WAIT, I thought you were dead, Lonnie! LOL 

I mean they didn't HAVE to create multiple universes just to set up Sam and Dean needing to be saved by the Wayward Sisters. I mean they could have been kidnapped by monsters, vampires, demons, angels, or they could have just decided they needed a vacation and went to an island without wi-fi and turned off their phones to give the stage to Jody and Wayward Sisters. I get they wanted a Hellmouth/Rift thing so  WS can remain local to Sioux Falls but they could have just had the Rift open to only one place and still have any number of random creatures come through it without all these other worlds.  I also fully understand they can have fun with bringing back old characters and reuse their fave actors but they could do that in SPN without parallel universes.

Just my thinky thoughts.

If the rift is on the ship and the shipyard set/location is in Vancouver, does that mean they have to recreate the whole thing wherever it is that the WS series will shoot (which is, presumably, not in British Columbia).

And shouldn't we have seen the rift there in the torture chamber with Jack/Mary, since that's where he landed? We could see it in both AU-land and the back yard at the cabin in 12x23. Or did it close behind him/them and will it need to be recreated to get back? And if so, then how do Kaia and the Whatevers get to Dean & Sam and back if the rift closed behind them? So convoluted - I wish I trusted this crew to tell the story in a way that makes sense without massive hand-waving or deus ex machina being necessary.

• Love 1

I've only watched the last episode once but it struck me as being kinda odd that Dean wasn't more panicked that he'd landed in the Lost World and not in mom's torture chamber as expected.

I don't follow spoilers but I was under the impression the AU was being kept as the focus for the WS series - kind of Sunnydale  Hellmouth sort of thing? And that Supernatural would move on.  I don't want crossovers.  I want it simple again.  It's enough we've got Luci, Michael, Rowena, Jack, Ketch... not to mention the weekly MOTWs.  We don't need the complicated AU thrown in.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

If the rift is on the ship and the shipyard set/location is in Vancouver, does that mean they have to recreate the whole thing wherever it is that the WS series will shoot (which is, presumably, not in British Columbia).

Yes, probably, unless the rift is actually not stable yet and moves around. It could be they do something to anchor the rift to Sioux Falls, but until then it's not set yet?

15 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

And shouldn't we have seen the rift there in the torture chamber with Jack/Mary, since that's where he landed?

Not necessarily. That rift formed after Jack and everyone else was transported, so it could've opened anywhere in the Alternate, not necessarily that chamber. But, it also may not be stable on the other side so it might not have been connected to the Alternate at that time. 

45 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

So the Rift is open on the boat, which begs the question of whether it's open only to one of the worlds i.e. the AW, the Bad Place, or possibly any of the the other universes that were shown. Or is it open for all of the worlds and anyone who enters it won't know where they are going or will they be able to pick a world?

My own theory is the rift will be anchored to the original universe on one side, but the other side will be constantly shifting between universes. That way it sets up almost endless possibilities of things and people who could come through the rift and/or endless possibilities of places Jodi and Co. can go too. I don't think they'll be able to choose, necessarily, but maybe will be able to study the patterns and make educated guesses.

47 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I'm trying to figure out Claire's role should the pilot be sent to series. Kathryn Newton is working in a lot of prestige projects on the big screen and cable outlets right now per an article about her that I posted in the Media thread. Weirdly, neither SPN nor Wayward Sisters is mentioned at all which makes me wonder if she is going to have much of a role after 13.09 airs. Maybe one more but I think Claire is going to die or be trapped in the Bad Place which is why Jody, Alex and Donna will become full time hunters should the pilot go to series. I just don't see how they can get Kathryn Newton as a series regular to appear in 10 or 13 or 23 eps if it goes to series.

I suspect she might just be a recurring character if they get picked up for series. It would be easy for them to put her back on the road, hunting more traditionally, only to return home a few times a year.

5 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

Not necessarily. That rift formed after Jack and everyone else was transported, so it could've opened anywhere in the Alternate, not necessarily that chamber. But, it also may not be stable on the other side so it might not have been connected to the Alternate at that tim

What makes you say the rift opened after they went through? There was a flash of yellow light and they all disappeared. It seemed to me the Rift opened during the flash of light and it remains open.

4 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

What makes you say the rift opened after they went through? There was a flash of yellow light and they all disappeared. It seemed to me the Rift opened during the flash of light and it remains open.

As I recall, there was a flash of light and everyone disappeared, then the actual rift formed on the boat. I think the force of them all being transported--and being transported to different universes--is what created the rift that was left behind.

4 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

As I recall, there was a flash of light and everyone disappeared, then the actual rift formed on the boat. I think the force of them all being transported--and being transported to different universes--is what created the rift that was left behind.

I think the flash of light was the rift being created and they were all pulled through it, just landed in (presumably) different worlds.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I think the flash of light was the rift being created and they were all pulled through it, just landed in (presumably) different worlds.

It seems to me they didn't need a rift in this case because of the combined power of Jack and Kaia. I think each time Kaia screamed, someone was transported and the power of that moved out in shockwaves--which eviscerated the angels--and those shockwaves came together to form this...I'm calling it a mega-rift. ;)

ETA: That's why I think it will be unstable on the other end and shifting between universes as opposed to the one that was created when Jack was born that was only connected to the one Alternate.

Edited by DittyDotDot
11 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

As I recall, there was a flash of light and everyone disappeared, then the actual rift formed on the boat. I think the force of them all being transported--and being transported to different universes--is what created the rift that was left behind

Jack's power was leaking through Kelly's fingertips and floated to the lake shore beach which left an open rift even before he was born.

I think it worked the same way in the Bad Place. IMO he had the  power to open the portal but he needed Kaia to take  him to the right place. I don't think it was the combined powers that creates the Rift. I think Jack could do that part already.

I still find it curious that it just happened that his birth just happened to open a door to the world Michel was in. I rather hope we find out that AU Kevin had been trying to open a rift and as a prophet of the Lord , he knew about Jacks birth and tried to use spell works to direct it's power to the AW.

IMO, It really doesn't make sense writing wise for Jack to not be able to open a rift to a place he saw without Kaias help. Especially when he was able to use his powers with great control earlier.. And his birth power had already opened the rift to the AW.

IMO Kaia and Jack's powers together kind of doesn't make sense really other than plot contrivance for Kaias powers to have use in 13.09.

I don't think any of the AU world stuff makes any sense and theres little point in trying to make it canon because I don't even believe the writers have thought too far ahead.  It seems to me as if they're just making stuff up for plot continuity.  I do think that Jim Beaver has done way too much tweeting about showing up in Vancouver with Angel bullets or wearing that outfit he has on.  I think he's trying to mislead the fandom so they can be surprised if he ends up in the au dino world or someplace else.  Or even if au Bobby is killed heroically trying to save Mary and Jack.  Just my opinion.  

5 hours ago, bozodegama said:

I don't think any of the AU world stuff makes any sense and theres little point in trying to make it canon because I don't even believe the writers have thought too far ahead.  It seems to me as if they're just making stuff up for plot continuity.  I do think that Jim Beaver has done way too much tweeting about showing up in Vancouver with Angel bullets or wearing that outfit he has on.  I think he's trying to mislead the fandom so they can be surprised if he ends up in the au dino world or someplace else.  Or even if au Bobby is killed heroically trying to save Mary and Jack.  Just my opinion.  

Eh, I think Jim is being straightforward on this one. I totally called him lying last season when he was faux-whining on Twitter about not being in s12. I didn't think that would be something he would ever do because it wasn't a good look for him IMO.  But this time, I think he will be in the AW and will likely be in the fight with Mary and Jack at some point with the angel killing bullets (also it really bothers me that his gun is named Rufus unless we find out Rufus was Rufus in AW and he named him that in honor of Rufus who may have died fighting the good fight). Bobby could still show up as a doppelganger in the cloak in 13.09 and he could still come through the Rift into our world. That wouldn't surprise me at all. 

I'm not sure I'll be a regular viewer of the spin off, but setting it in some alternate universe isn't going to entice me to watch.  I seriously hope they don't go there.  I can live with the alternate universes for this season because of Jack's presence, but I hope they find a way to close them back up by the end of the season.  I think there are plenty of things in this universe that go bump in the night that they can keep the Winchesters and the Wayward women busy.  

44 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

I'm not sure I'll be a regular viewer of the spin off, but setting it in some alternate universe isn't going to entice me to watch.  I seriously hope they don't go there.  I can live with the alternate universes for this season because of Jack's presence, but I hope they find a way to close them back up by the end of the season.  I think there are plenty of things in this universe that go bump in the night that they can keep the Winchesters and the Wayward women busy.  

I don't think it will be set in an alternate universe but I think they will have beings, creatures, etc that travel into WS universe. I bet the Rift will open and close as the plot requires LOL

49 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

I think the new show is going to have the same problem as Supernatural.

They come up with contrivances to send Cas off to places, physically or mentally, where he is unable to help Sam and Dean.

Wayward Sisters is gong t o have the problem of "this is really serious, shouldn't they call Sam and Dean".  But Sam and Dean aren't going to cross over that much.  So I could see them doing something to make the base of Wayward Sisters inaccessible except during sweeps.

3 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

Wayward Sisters is gong t o have the problem of "this is really serious, shouldn't they call Sam and Dean".  But Sam and Dean aren't going to cross over that much.  So I could see them doing something to make the base of Wayward Sisters inaccessible except during sweeps.

The only way to make it so Sam and Dean aren't called upon is actually somehow split the universes. Like have there be a Sioux Falls, SD on Earth 2 and they can't go back and forth at all unless they get special tech or Jack.

1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

The only way to make it so Sam and Dean aren't called upon is actually somehow split the universes. Like have there be a Sioux Falls, SD on Earth 2 and they can't go back and forth at all unless they get special tech or Jack.

I just request that Supernatural is in Arrowverse and Wayward Sisters is in Supergirl verse if we are going to be subject to crossovers.

Or the reverse.  I'm not sure.

44 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

I just request that Supernatural is in Arrowverse and Wayward Sisters is in Supergirl verse if we are going to be subject to crossovers.

Or the reverse.  I'm not sure.

Heh. I know what you mean.

I would want to see

--Dean and Felicity Smoak have a pie scavenging adventure

--Sam to meet Oliver and see who has the best bitchface.

--Castiel to meet Constantine so they can do this 

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1
39 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Heh. I know what you mean.

I would want to see

--Dean and Felicity Smoak have a pie scavenging adventure

--Sam to meet Oliver and see who has the best bitchface.

--Castiel to meet Constantine so they can do this 

I want to see Oliver, Dean, Sam, and Cas stand in a meta episode where they demonstrate that old joke about CW promotions determining the layers of wardrobe based on fitness level.

Sam entering one of Oliver's island flashbacks to see who has better hair.

Dean's reaction to people with superpowers and silly code names

Dean's reaction to people without superpowers who fight crimes in silly costumes.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, bozodegama said:

statement in bold confuses me. AU's were a canon part of Supernatural before this last episode. The French Mistake (obviously). So, Alternate Universes are a part of Supernatural's canon.  And we've had most of S13 have an AU in the background.  So... how is it not already "canon".  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ParadoxLost said:

Dean's reaction to people without superpowers who fight crimes in silly costumes.

I think Dean would love it. He loves Batman, he likes superheroes and loves pro wrestling. I don't think he would bag on their costumes at all. Hell the dude LARP'd in costume in s8. He's a nerd.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

Eh, I don't think it will be serious enough to need Sam and Dean's help except for the occasional season finale maybe. It's not like there aren't other hunters on the planet and they don't call Sam and Dean for help all the time either. I actually think this is the least of their problems with the new show. It's no different than how The Flash and Arrow exist in the same universe, but each is competent enough to handle their own business, but also know they can count on the other when they need some extra help.

I don't think they need to make it so contrived to make anything inaccessible--in fact, that would be a big turn off for me. I think they've established Jodi as competent enough to handle most situations and smart enough to know when she needs some help, so I don't think this will be much of a problem. I imagine lots of phone calls to Sam and Dean at first asking all sorts of questions and a few phone calls from Sam and Dean checking in with them, but I don't think Sam and Dean will need to necessarily be present for each and every case; the majority of them will probably be milk runs and Sam and Dean will be needed to do their own milk run. 

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Ugh. Like that's any kind of surprise at this point. 

Don't get me wrong. I'm glad for Jim although he doesn't seem to want for work. But I'm so over any type of Bobby at this point. Talk about mutilating a dead, beaten ghoul of a horse.

1 hour ago, Casseiopeia said:

I see a lot of pictures of the cast on set and a lot of pictures of Jared and Jensen with beards vacationing and working on other stuff.  

Not uncommon for them to shoot around the boys.  They had 2-3 days at most.  They probably put the boys filming as a mix of pre-break (they filmed up until the end) and then next week.  That gives them a spare week at home without actually cutting film time. 

The preview tonight had a Claire Novak voice over.  It was, IMO, I’ll-advised.  Everything we’ve seen is an ensemble show and this gave a Claire focus.  I’m sure the Jody/Claire conflict will be central to the drama but not the only storyline.  

• Love 3

Really hoping that voice over is just a promo thing, because... yuck.

Also this trailer reinforces my belief that SPN's current alternate universe nonsense won't do WS any favors. I'm expecting (and wanting) the spinoff to be grounded and have smaller storylines compared to SPN, they will fit well with the show's main theme. In that sense, isn't starting with alternate universes and giant monsters a bit... deceptive ?

And obviously, cheap as hell. After episode 9 I was worried about the potential CGI Godzilla, but the bones already look like crap. That's what I'd expect to see as a mall decoration or something.

Yeah, this seems like a strange way to promote this as a backdoor pilot.  I would have thought they'd go for something closer to "Weekend at Bobby's." 

I'm also confused about the logistics of the episode. It seems like a tall order to have Sam and Dean's adventures in alt-verse, The WS assembling (right now, Jody's girls don't know Kaia, Patience hasn't gotten to her yet, and Donna presumably isn't on the scene), and the WS being brought up to speed on the situation and rescuing Sam and Dean all in the same episode -- and that's assuming we don't also deal with Mary and Jack in the other alterverse, Castiel and Colonel Sanders, etc.