Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

37 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

WTF is this? I don't understand.

Looking through their twitter feed I'd say, nothing significant.  And I'd like to take this opportunity to express my disdain for people who tweet/facebook/instagram seek attention for random, passive aggressive and/or whiny things without explanation just so people will ask them about it. Please, f**k off. Oy.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Looking through their twitter feed I'd say, nothing significant.  And I'd like to take this opportunity to express my disdain for people who tweet/facebook/instagram seek attention for random, passive aggressive and/or whiny things without explanation just so people will ask them about it. Please, f**k off. Oy.

Ahh. I didn't really look through their feed. I prowl Twitter for filming updates and thought this was one of them. It's odd. But thanks for looking into that.

Just now, catrox14 said:

Ahh. I didn't really look through their feed. I prowl Twitter for filming updates and thought this was one of them. It's odd. But thanks for looking into that.

They may well be working on the set, but they never really say what their job is as far as I can see from the feed. If anything, I'd bet that sign is some kind of cast/crew joke.

• Love 1

This is what I liked about the empty as referenced by Billy. I liked the idea of it making death something to be taken seriously again on the show, as the brothers (and the audience) were living with the knowledge they were on their final life. That the next time they died they'd be placed In a realm there was no coming back from.

Sadly, that's about to be taken away again, since it sounds like Cas will be in the empty and conveniently raised from the dead. 

Dont get me wrong, I love Cas and am glad he's coming back. I just wish it wasn't from the supposedly impossible to escape Empty.

From @Wayward Son is the Bitch/Jerk thread.

I agree with what your saying.  Death needs to mean something on this show again.  That said, I wouldn't mind Cas coming back from the empty if it was part of some kind of deal or some specific mission that Cas had to accomplish.  If he doesnt' he ends up back in The Empty.   Sort of like when Dean made a deal.  If he tried to break it, the deal was null and void. 

I don't expect the writers to go this route but it would be really interesting, and pick up the cosmic consequences and killing Billie, and tie it to Dean killing death.  Like Death is the person Cas meets in the empty and he tell Cas he has to reap Dean or he drops dead again.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

I don't expect the writers to go this route but it would be really interesting, and pick up the cosmic consequences and killing Billie, and tie it to Dean killing death.  Like Death is the person Cas meets in the empty and he tell Cas he has to reap Dean or he drops dead again.

How dare you! LOL

If the show made that a choice for Cas, I would consider that the way they write Cas out of the show, because he would never make that choice.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

How dare you! LOL

If the show made that a choice for Cas, I would consider that the way they write Cas out of the show, because he would never make that choice.

I agree! Cas has made it clear on more than one occasion he considers Deans life more important than his! I don't even think it'd work as a prolonged storyline because IMO choosing Dean would be an easy choice for Cas.

21 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

I agree! Cas has made it clear on more than one occasion he considers Deans life more important than his! I don't even think it'd work as a prolonged storyline because IMO choosing Dean would be an easy choice for Cas.

I think it's  more that he believes the world is better with the Winchesters or he thinks that his role is to make sure they are in the world. So he will ally with them, kill others to protect them and sacrifice himself, if that is what it takes to make sure they are alive to protect the Earth vs him thinking Dean's life is more important to his own.  He overtly stated that in s12.

Of course I know that Cas would never kill Dean.  I do think it would be interesting to see Cas figure out how to get out of the deal.

When, I said that Cas has to reap Dean, I meant collect his soul after he's killed and deliver it to wherever its supposed to go.  Not that he has to physically kill him.    Cas wouldn't be able to tell Dean, and it would be hard for him because he doesn't want to lose Dean. 

Plus, we'd see Cas trying hard to protect Dean. 

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, ILoveReading said:

Of course I know that Cas would never kill Dean.  I do think it would be interesting to see Cas figure out how to get out of the deal.

When, I said that Cas has to reap Dean, I meant collect his soul after he's killed and deliver it to wherever its supposed to go.  Cas wouldn't be able to tell Dean, and it would be hard for him because he doesn't want to lose Dean. 

Plus, we'd see Cas trying hard to protect Dean so he doesn't have too. 

Oh, I gotcha.

I guess I don't see where that would be an issue for Cas to reap Dean's soul. To me that means Dean is already dead, and he can't be resurrected so it's just a matter of where his soul goes. I don't think Dean would fight to stay behind and risk becoming a vengeful spirit. If Dean was going back to Hell, I think Cas wouldn't want to take him there and he might try to avoid that but at this point if Dean is  not bound for Heaven then Chuck is an asshole.

• Love 2

iTunes Description of S13

Literally tells us nothing LOL.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/tv-season/supernatural-season-13/id1271847032

The exciting journey of the Winchester brothers continues as SUPERNATURAL enters its lucky thirteenth season. Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) have encountered every kind of supernatural threat, facing down monsters, and demons, and gods. Saving people, hunting things, and keeping the world safe. In the show’s twelfth season, the Winchesters were reunited with their long-dead mother, Mary (Samantha Smith) and joined forces with the British arm of the Men of Letters. But things turned from bad to worse, with the return of Lucifer (Marc Pellegrino) and the surprising revelation that the Devil is expecting a child. Now, Sam and Dean find themselves facing a creature of almost unimaginable power… one that could save the world… or destroy it.

iTunes Description of S13

Literally tells us nothing LOL.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/tv-season/supernatural-season-13/id1271847032

The exciting journey of the Winchester brothers continues as SUPERNATURAL enters its lucky thirteenth season. Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) have encountered every kind of supernatural threat, facing down monsters, and demons, and gods. Saving people, hunting things, and keeping the world safe. In the show’s twelfth season, the Winchesters were reunited with their long-dead mother, Mary (Samantha Smith) and joined forces with the British arm of the Men of Letters. But things turned from bad to worse, with the return of Lucifer (Marc Pellegrino) and the surprising revelation that the Devil is expecting a child. Now, Sam and Dean find themselves facing a creature of almost unimaginable power… one that could save the world… or destroy it.

7 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

Does anyone remember when we started getting promo material last year?

Usually we get a general season promo-ish thing--like a producer's intro for the season--that comes out towards the end of September. Actual episode promos start showing up about two or three weeks before the show comes back. Sometimes they have a sizzle reel at Comic Con, but it's usually only short clips from the one episode they've shot. 

So, in short, we still got a ways to go, dammit!!!

• Love 3

Nothing really new.

Cutting to the chase, “death is not the end for Castiel,” executive producer Andrew Dabb reports. “That being said, when we pick up our season he’s more dead than people usually get on our show. Castiel has a big role to play for us, but that may not be as soon as some people are hoping.” Meanwhile, the Winchester brothers, Dean especially, are reeling from the double whammy of losing their friend and their mom Mary. “There’s no one they can call,” Dabb notes, “so our guys are a bit on their own, a little spun out, both emotionally and in terms of the plot.” On top of that, they’re “acting as parents” to Lucifer’s “walking atomic bomb” offspring. “There are parts of him and things he does that they really love,” Dabb shares, “and there are parts of him and things he does that worry them a bit.” In the alt apocalypse world, Mary’s attempt to run away from Lucifer doesn’t go as well as she had hoped, while the fallen archangel finds that he “may not be the most powerful” creature over there.

BONUS SPOILER!: “Even if it’s not played by an actor that we recognize, there are certain characters that are going to come back in different bodies,” Dabb hints.

http://tvline.com/gallery/fall-tv-2017-season-premiere-spoilers/#!35/fall-preview-supernatural-5/

I really hope they aren't cutting recasting Crowley

Edited by ILoveReading
3 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

recasting Crowley

Oh bloody hell!!  Surely not?   

It's a shame they killed Crowley.  It leaves a gaping hole, but Rowena could fill if they resurrected her from toast (same actress of course). She's very similar to her son.  Self-serving, always looking for the angle, soft spot for the Winchesters, and the powers came in handy (especially for writers writing themselves into a corner).

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

It's a shame they killed Crowley.  It leaves a gaping hole, but Rowena could fill if they resurrected her from toast (same actress of course). She's very similar to her son.  Self-serving, always looking for the angle, soft spot for the Winchesters, and the powers came in handy (especially for writers writing themselves into a corner).

Actually, if they're going to resurrect someone in a different body, Rowena would make the most sense, since her physical body was (literally) toast.   She's human (and doesn't have an in with anyone with the power to recreate her old body--except possibly Chuck), but she could (conceivably) put her consciousness somewhere else.  Of course, that would open up a whole new can of worms with the fans (has anyone seen/heard anything about Ruth being in next year's cast?)

29 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

BONUS SPOILER!: “Even if it’s not played by an actor that we recognize, there are certain characters that are going to come back in different bodies,” Dabb hints.

I really don't think it's Crowley.  Don't know why, but I just don't.  Rowena is a good guess.  There's also Michael, Gabriel, Chuck, John, etc...

• Love 1

UGH. There is nothing in here that I like. 

44 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Cutting to the chase, “death is not the end for Castiel,” executive producer Andrew Dabb reports. “That being said, when we pick up our season he’s more dead than people usually get on our show. Castiel has a big role to play for us, but that may not be as soon as some people are hoping.” Meanwhile, the Winchester brothers, Dean especially, are reeling from the double whammy of losing their friend and their mom Mary. “There’s no one they can call,” Dabb notes, “so our guys are a bit on their own, a little spun out, both emotionally and in terms of the plot.” On top of that, they’re “acting as parents” to Lucifer’s “walking atomic bomb” offspring. “There are parts of him and things he does that they really love,” Dabb shares, “and there are parts of him and things he does that worry them a bit.” In the alt apocalypse world, Mary’s attempt to run away from Lucifer doesn’t go as well as she had hoped, while the fallen archangel finds that he “may not be the most powerful” creature over there.

And I'm back to thinking that our Castiel is dead and gone. I don't think we see him at all between 13.1 and 13.6. There have been no reports of him being on set filming past 13.1 unless I'm forgetting something.  

If they recast any major characters I'm gonna be pissed. Trying to be optimistic, that maybe  Dabb is hinting that Cas is going to become the new Death as many have speculated. 

But fuck Dabb if he recasts Crowley or Rowena or Castiel permanently. I will be a bitter bitter person.

48 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

This would be the best thing. Bring back Rowena as the queen of Hell. Honestly, even if they cast John Freaking Barrowman as Crowley I'll be pissed. To me recasting Crowley or Castiel is tantamount to recasting Dean or Sam. JUST NO. You don't do it.

• Love 1

I don't think even Dabb is dumb enough to invite the backlash that recasting Crowley would bring. ETA: Mark has said that they ended Crowley because he'd played out - so resurrecting him the very next season would be bizarre indeed. At least if you believe there was nothing personal in letting Mark go.

I suspect (as was suggested to me on Twitter), Alt-Michael, based on the hint that Lucifer isn't necessarily the most powerful being in the AU. And Chuck forbid Jensen ever get the opportunity denied him to play Michael.

They do seem to be leaning towards Sproutifer The Good(ish), no doubt thanks to Sam's guiding light. *snerk* I wonder how they'll deal with (presumably) having his power on their side when they could never find a way to do with Castiel for any length of time.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 2

No worries about Cas--he's clearly back starting in the Empty in episode 4 and back among the living and Jack in episode 6.  Nice to hear he has a big part.   About the character looking different--one of them is almost certainly the powerful character Misha says he meets in the Empty...Misha joking how talented and handsome the actor is.  Misha hinting he plays Cas and another character that looks like Cas in the Empty.

Edited by Jakes
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

I really don't think it's Crowley.  Don't know why, but I just don't.  Rowena is a good guess.  There's also Michael, Gabriel, Chuck, John, etc...

Yeah, I imagine they won't screw with Crowley and ever have him played by anyone other than Mark Sheppard at this point, but I think it's not Rowena either. They specifically said "in different bodies," so I think they're teasing angels/demons. In the Alternate, any demon or angel could've possessed a different body.

Something that could potentially be interesting is if they brought back Meg with Nicki Aycox--it could be like going back to the beginning without going back to the beginning. It could be fun to have alternate versions of Zachariah, Bathazar, Anna, Uriel and such. We could potentially see different versions of any angel or demon because of this, but Rowena isn't possessing anyone, so she either exists or doesn't in her same form in the Alternate.

However, I do expect to see Rowena again at some point; she could exist in the Alternate, but I'm still holding out hope her little leg spell is in working order and trumps the Devil's stupid plans.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I suspect (as was suggested to me on Twitter), Alt-Michael, based on the hint that Lucifer isn't necessarily the most powerful being in the AU. And Chuck forbid Jensen ever get the opportunity denied him to play Michael

Yeah, weirdly even if they brought back Jake Abel as Michael, that I could live with because John lived in the AU and may have have Adam. So at least with Adam we already know him.

But yeah, I'm losing hope that Jensen will ever get to play Michael. I'm sure Alt-Michael is the most powerful in that realm, which means Michael will probably be the AU version of Lucifer which means he's the one ordering babies being killed and somehow I suspect Lucifer will be redeemed in the AU by killing Michael and or some other nonsense.

Of course, they could go with an AU-Cas who is the biggest bad in the AU and that will be a conflict or what have you. But that will hurt my soul.  

At this point I think Dabb is obsessed with Pellegrino and Lucifer more than any other character on the show and he's angling for Lucifer redemption in the AU

Edited by catrox14
6 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Yeah, weirdly even if they brought back Jake Abel as Michael, that I could live with because John lived in the AU and may have have Adam. So at least with Adam we already know him.

But yeah, I'm losing hope that Jensen will ever get to play Michael. I'm sure Alt-Michael is the most powerful in that realm, which means Michael will probably be the AU version of Lucifer which means he's the one ordering babies being killed and somehow I suspect Lucifer will be redeemed in the AU by killing Michael and or some other nonsense.

Of course, they could go with an AU-Cas who is the biggest bad in the AU and that will be a conflict or what have you. But that will hurt my soul.  

At this point I think Dabb is obsessed with Pellegrino and Lucifer more than any other character on the show and he's angling for Lucifer redemption in the AU

Going to Bitterness...

Seriously late to the party on this topic... but... at MinnCon they were asked about what song they would like for the last episode

and it evolved to Jared saying that he and Jensen had finally agreed to how it should end.  Jensen corrected it to say "what the future of the series would be like" and then clarified it's how he and Jared would like it to be, they still have to "convince The Powers That Be".  And then he said.. "But we'll see if we can get that (this?) year".  I'm pretty sure he said "this" year.  COULD have been "next" year but I think he's referring to their upcoming negotiations.

So, I think when they finally DO offer them a contract, Jensen and Jared have decided how they want to continue working the show and it's not going to be "x more years of 23 episodes."  IMO they are looking at this upcoming negotiations to get an approach towards shifting gears.  They are not saying "end".  Which says "shorter season" or "miniseries" or "movies" or something OTHER than what we have today.  

Did anyone else discuss this? 

Edited by SueB
31 minutes ago, SueB said:

So, I think when they finally DO offer them a contract, Jensen and Jared have decided how they want to continue working the show and it's not going to be "x more years of 23 episodes."  IMO they are looking at this upcoming negotiations to get an approach towards shifting gears.  They are not saying "end".  Which says "shorter season" or "miniseries" or "movies" or something OTHER than what we have today.  

Did anyone else discuss this? 

We had a conversation about this in the supernormal thread. It's probably okay if you bring it there.

ETA: We had discussions about their contracts in general. I don't think it's spoiler stuff.

Edited by catrox14

This was on Misha's Snapchat. It appears he is indeed filming 13 x 06.

He's wearing his trenchcoat. Interesting what his poem is today.

"I think honest love is less about how much you would do for someone, and more about how long you would wait, unable to do anything at all, to do it. "

1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

This was on Misha's Snapchat. It appears he is indeed filming 13 x 06.

He's wearing his trenchcoat. Interesting what his poem is today.

"I think honest love is less about how much you would do for someone, and more about how long you would wait, unable to do anything at all, to do it. "

Some are speculating that he's wearing his old tie and coat

Look at this image. It's a ghostly figure.  Is that a reflection from the cowboy and cowgirl?

Are the cowboy and cowgirl the ghosts??

Will I get my wish of the ghost of Wyatt Earp or Doc Holliday? PLEASE

DJQEmU8V4AAcPNo.jpg

Edited by catrox14
3 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Some are speculating that he's wearing his old tie and coat

HMMM,  I can't tell from that picture. That would be really interesting. Hmm, could we be getting a flashback episode? That would kind of break my heart TBH.  Or a time travel thing. Hmmmm.