Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

(edited)
9 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

So the mid season finale is the spinoff? WTH? That's really weird...

I think, based on last year, the mid season finale should be episode eight. The spin off will be the first two episodes after hiatus. Especially episode 10.

Edited by Wayward Son
1 minute ago, Wayward Son said:

I think, based on last year, the mid season finale should be episode eight. The spin off will be the first two episodes after hiatus. Especially episode 10.

Wasn't the midseason finale early last year though?  Usually, it's the half way point; which in a 22 episode season is ep 11.  

(edited)
10 minutes ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

Wasn't the midseason finale early last year though?  Usually, it's the half way point; which in a 22 episode season is ep 11.  

Since at least season 8 episode 9 was the mid season finale episode. However, due to the move to Thursday it was a week early last year! I think, if I remember correctly, that might have been due to the show taking a week off for Thanksgiving :) . Since the show is on Thursday again this year I'm assuming it will be the same again. 

Edited by Wayward Son
(edited)
20 minutes ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

Ah, okay.  I just thought it was an anomaly last year.  I was basing that on what usually happens on other shows.  

I'd actually edited my original post, but I'll just reply with it to ensure nothing is missed :) <3.

I forgot to say that you are correct about the fact most shows end at the mid point i.e. Episode ten or eleven. However, due to the CWs policy of starting their shows mid to late October,  as opposed to mid September like the big four, they only have enough time to air eight or nine episodes before hiatus. 

SN had been airing nine episodes since season eight, but as I mentioned, airing on Thursday means we lose a week to Thanksgiving. 

That is why I am operating under the assumption the mid series finale will be episode eight and the first two post hiatus episodes will be the Spin off ones.

Edited by Wayward Son
  • Love 1

Once again - this thread is for spoilers and speculation only, not who is getting the better predicted storylines, who is "right" or "wrong", or anything that should be in the bitch vs. jerk thread. Again, posts have been hidden and next time there will be warnings.

• Love 1
(edited)
45 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

So the mid season finale is the spinoff? WTH? That's really weird...

I'm guessing it's not a backdoor pilot, but probably going to be something more like how they introduced The Flash on Arrow. Probably a regular episode with Jodi and Donna and the girls in it...so to speak.

ETA: Wasn't it Arrow's mid-season finale when they introduced Barry, as well? Seems like they might be trying to be Arrow...in this regard anyway. ;)

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

Just for fun I checked the mid season finales

s1: 10 and 11
S2: 9 and 10
S3:  9 & 10
S4:  10 & 11
S5:  10 & 11
S6:  11 & 12
S7:  10 & 11
S8:  9 & 10
S9:  9 &10
s10 : 9 & 10
s11 : 9 & 10
s12: 8 & 9

I think s12 was an anomaly.  But who knows.

Even if it is 8 & 9, 8 would still be the typical cliffhanger finale with one or both boys or someone important in grave jeopardy. Then the mid season premiere (9)  is typically the return and resolution.  They could have Jody and Donna  there to help resolve whatever was the jeopardy.  Hmmm

1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

Just for fun I checked the mid season finales

s1: 10 and 11
S2: 9 and 10
S3:  9 & 10
S4:  10 & 11
S5:  10 & 11
S6:  11 & 12
S7:  10 & 11
S8:  9 & 10
S9:  9 &10
s10 : 9 & 10
s11 : 9 & 10
s12: 8 & 9

I think s12 was an anomaly.  But who knows.

Even if it is 8 & 9, 8 would still be the typical cliffhanger finale with one or both boys or someone important in grave jeopardy. Then the mid season premiere (9)  is typically the return and resolution.  They could have Jody and Donna  there to help resolve whatever was the jeopardy.  Hmmm

Dabb's midseason finale in S10? was Claire.

(edited)
12 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Dabb's midseason finale in S10? was Claire.

Not sure I follow your question but to clarify 

s10  Mid season finale was  10.09 - The Things We Left Behind and the mid season premiere was 10.10 The Hunter Games

Edited by catrox14
Just now, catrox14 said:

Not sure I follow your question but to clarify 

s10  Mid season finale was  10.09 - The Things We Left Behind and the mid season premiere was 10.10 The Hunger Games

What I meant was that neither of the brothers were in any jeopardy.  It was all about Claire.  So the upcoming midseason finale might be about the Wayward Women and have little to do with the Winchesters.

24 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

ETA: Wasn't it Arrow's mid-season finale when they introduced Barry, as well? Seems like they might be trying to be Arrow...in this regard anyway. ;)

They introduced Barry in two episodes in consecutive weeks with the mid season finale being 2nd episode of his introduction. It wasn't split between the mid season finale and the mid season premiere.

(edited)
37 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

I'm guessing it's not a backdoor pilot, but probably going to be something more like how they introduced The Flash on Arrow. Probably a regular episode with Jodi and Donna and the girls in it...so to speak.

I don't watch Arrow or the Flash to compare, but I think you're right to say it'll be closer to a regular episode than a backdoor Pilot. Per Singer, they wanted to give the new cast plenty of time to shine, but they also wanted to avoid an episode that was overly J2 lite. So they opted for spreading the plot over two episodes so both the boys and the new girls could have a part to play in the episodes. 

I assume theyll go for Abandon All Hope or Stuck in the Middle (With You) style episodes, where it is very much an ensemble piece with everyone having a key role. 

Edited by Wayward Son
3 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

What I meant was that neither of the brothers were in any jeopardy.  It was all about Claire.  So the upcoming midseason finale might be about the Wayward Women and have little to do with the Winchesters.

The episode ended with Dean sitting in a stupor amid the dead bodies with Sam holding Dean's face, begging him to tell him that he had to do it, and Dean replying "I didn't...I didn't mean to" with  Sam looking around in horror at the carnage.  To me, Dean was in jeopardy.  YMMV

• Love 2

They introduced Barry in two episodes in consecutive weeks with the mid season finale being 2nd episode of his introduction. It wasn't split between the mid season finale and the mid season premiere.

Right, but my point was, I think they're taking a page from Arrow's book and instead of bringing the show to a complete halt and showing this completely different show for one episode, they're instead just working the ladies into a two-part episode that will be Supernatural, not Wayward Daughters. I'm thinking less backdoor pilot and more crossover event sort of thing.  

6 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

I don't watch Arrow or the Flash to compare, but I think you're right to say it'll be closer to a regular episode than a backdoor Pilot. Per Singer, they wanted to give the new cast plenty of time to shine, but they also wanted to avoid an episode that was overly J2 lite. So they opted for spreading the plot over two episodes so both the boys and the new girls could have a part to play in the episodes. 

They basically introduced the character of Barry Allen and had him help out on a case, but he wasn't even The Flash yet and it too place entirely in the Arrow-verse--we didn't even meet anyone else from The Flash other than Barry. I'd say it was more like a guest appearance in a two-part episode rather than a backdoor pilot. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Wayward Son said:

I assume theyll go for Abandon All Hope or Stuck in the Middle (With You) style episodes, where it is very much an ensemble piece with everyone having a key role. 

Or Hibbing 911 where Jody and Donna are the main focus & Sam and Dean were more in the background or Don't You Forget About Me which was mostly Jody, Alex & Claire with the boys in the background? I agree with your examples in regards to ensemble pieces but these sprung to mind also.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

Right, but my point was, I think they're taking a page from Arrow's book and instead of bringing the show to a complete halt and showing this completely different show for one episode, they're instead just working the ladies into a two-part episode that will be Supernatural, not Wayward Daughters. I'm thinking less backdoor pilot and more crossover event sort of thing.

I agree that is probably their approach vs what they did with Bloodlines.

IMO, there is a big difference with the "importance" of Barry Allen in the Arrowverse that warrants him getting a two episode introduction in Arrow near the midseaon finale arc which was also important to Oliver's story, it was critical. 

I love Jody and Donna but IMO setting up the spinoff doesn't have to happen around the finales and premieres.  IMO this is calculated to get more eyeballs since premieres are typically higher rated than the other episodes.  If whatever they are doing with Wayward Whatever is crucial to Sam, Dean and/or Castiel then I get it. Otherwise they could have done it a few episodes AFTER the midseason finale and premiere.

I agree that is probably their approach vs what they did with Bloodlines.

IMO, there is a big difference with the "importance" of Barry Allen in the Arrowverse that warrants him getting a two episode introduction in Arrow near the midseaon finale arc which was also important to Oliver's story, it was critical. 

I love Jody and Donna but IMO setting up the spinoff doesn't have to happen around the finales and premieres.  IMO this is calculated to get more eyeballs since premieres are typically higher rated than the other episodes.  If whatever they are doing with Wayward Whatever is crucial to Sam, Dean and/or Castiel then I get it. Otherwise they could have done it a few episodes AFTER the midseason finale and premiere.

Actually, I think it's very smart of them to get as many people to see what it can be as possible. And, I think it will be relevant to Sam and Dean. Like I said, I think it will be a Supernatural episode.

• Love 2
(edited)
17 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

Actually, I think it's very smart of them to get as many people to see what it can be as possible. And, I think it will be relevant to Sam and Dean. Like I said, I think it will be a Supernatural episode.

I'm not saying it isn't smart nor that it wouldn't be an SPN episode. I'm saying I don't particularly like it unless it's about the brothers or Cas like Barry's was really about Oliver.

I didn't much care for the The Things We Left Behind as a midseason finale because it was just a weirdly paced episode, but the Hunter Games was focused on Dean's plight.

IMO if they are going to use those ratings to order the number of episodes for the spinoff, it seems like it's almost a bit of an artificial boost.

I'm just selfish because I like the mid season finales to be centered on TFW in some aspect not secondary supporting characters. It all comes down to the writing as usual with this show.

I wish I had more confidence.

Edited by catrox14

What's irritating to me personally is that I don't really care about the Wayward Daughters thing and am pretty unlikely to watch the actual show. But apparently, I will be watching the backdoor pilot anyway, because it's going to be super integrated into SPN, to the point of even being part of the (midseason) finale. I know that that's exactly why they're doing it this way -- to get the most eyeballs possible. It's still irritating.

But then, I'm probably in the minority on not really liking the concept or the characters involved. Not that I DISLIKE the concept or characters, but I just am not really on the Jodi and/or Donna and/or Claire bandwagon, don't particularly care about their homelife, and I actually think they're all way too overexposed as characters already. IMO they're just not that complex or interesting and I feel like they've gotten less interesting every time we've seen them. Like I said, I know that's probably an unpopular opinion. I think the network is counting on the spinoff doing well, in any case.

Anyway, one big difference between the Arrow backdoor pilot for the Flash and this, is that in Arrow, Barry was entirely new character and it was his intro episode. This time around, we already know the characters and this is just introducing...well, I don't know what. The structure that Wayward Daughters will have?

I enjoyed the backdoor pilot for the Flash -- even though I don't enjoy or watch the Flash itself (although I did try at first, on the basis of the backdoor pilot) -- because Barry was an interesting, novel character to introduce, his introduction had a lot of energy, and it was a good MotW episode in its own right. In contrast, I feel like this is the 10th backdoor pilot for this Wayward Daughters show that we've been shown over the years. I mean, I feel like I know everything about these characters and their lives already, so what's the use of yet another episode about them (let alone two)? Overkill IMO. But again, YMMV.

• Love 2

Dabb confirmed that ep. 10 will be the mid season premiere and will be the official backdoor pilot.

http://www.thetvaddict.com/2017/07/23/supernatural-comic-con-press-room-the-cast-and-producers-tease-the-devils-son-alternate-realities-and-more/

The Spin-Off. With the news that Donna, Alex and Claire would join Jody in the SUPERNATURAL spin-off WAYWARD SISTERS today, Dabb explained that we’re going to see the official backdoor pilot in “episode 10, so it’ll be our first episode back from our midseason break. And I will not give away plot secrets, but I will say it’s about putting together this team of really, really excellent characters — four that we know and two that we will meet this season, the first in episode 3 and the next in episode 9 — and allowing them to kind of kick some ass. And tell a story that I think [feels like it’s] in the SUPERNATURAL universe, in the SUPERNATURAL sphere, but will feel and play [a bit different from] SUPERNATURAL.”

More from the TV Addict

I don't like this.

http://www.thetvaddict.com/2017/07/23/supernatural-comic-con-press-room-the-cast-and-producers-tease-the-devils-son-alternate-realities-and-more/

Which Cas Will Return? Misha was a bit vague when asked whether the version of Cas we know would return, so it’s a bit up in the air right now: “Well, we’re going to see different iterations of….well, yeah. The Cas that comes back is not like a totally different Cas.”

(edited)
7 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

I think I like Misha's interview the most.  Cas finds himself in another realm with a one other powerful being.  Sounds like The Empty and maybe Death?

If it is the empty can it please, please, please be Metatron? I do like me some Death, but more interacting with Dean. However, I love Castiel and Metatron together and since Amara was the one who... did something to Metatron, maybe she sent him to the empty? And Curtis Armstrong is a really good actor, so... I'm hoping it's Metatron. That would make me so happy. Though Metatron was still human then wasn't he? So maybe not... rats.

Edited by AwesomO4000

(To me) some interesting tidbits from the press interview with Jared (haven't watched the others yet) posted by @Wayward Son:

• Sam is so overwhelmed with what Jack is or what Jack's going to be, that's why he immediately focuses on getting Mary back.  He hasn't deal with all the deaths.  Sam sees a lot of himself in Jack, because Sam was also (according to both demons and angels) supposed to be evil.  Sam is pushing his feelings down (about all the deaths, I think.)
  • About Jack: Sam believes that nurture can overcome nature.  Which seems about right to me, since back in S1 or S2 with the demon blood reveal Sam often expressed that he had to believe that about himself.   
  • Even though Sam is more of an optimist this season (I, personally, don't really see that as something new) Sam is hiding things in his optimism: not dealing with things he needs to deal with. 
  • Jared would like to see "The shadow man" on the show.
  • Also: Jared says he's going to miss the show (both he and Jensen) when it's gone (not sure he can say "goodbye").  He doesn't have to work for money anymore but loves the characters and crew and is willing to keep going as long as the show does.  
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

I'd really like it if it was death that followed Cas to back to the real world.  I'd like to see a confrontation between Dean and death or a story line where Death goes after Dean wanting revenge.

This was the last shot in the sizzle reel at SDCC....

0f66214e0e040cbc5642882cf658476e35dfeac6

12 hours ago, catrox14 said:

The episode ended with Dean sitting in a stupor amid the dead bodies with Sam holding Dean's face, begging him to tell him that he had to do it, and Dean replying "I didn't...I didn't mean to" with  Sam looking around in horror at the carnage.  To me, Dean was in jeopardy.  YMMV

That's true.  I just couldn't get my head around the Claire story for the bulk of the mid season finale.  I forgot there was the Dean nightmare in the beginning and the actual nightmare in the end.

(edited)
32 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

LOVE ME SOME DEATH!!! ;)

11 hours ago, rue721 said:

Anyway, one big difference between the Arrow backdoor pilot for the Flash and this, is that in Arrow, Barry was entirely new character and it was his intro episode. This time around, we already know the characters and this is just introducing...well, I don't know what. The structure that Wayward Daughters will have?

I think they'll be introducing the dynamic all these women have together, more than anything. We've seen them all on Supernatural at one time or another, but they've never all been in one episode together--or, in this case two episodes. I would imagine the casual fan who just tunes in and watches the show won't even be able to tell it's a showcase for another show. I think it will be a regular episode, but with all these guest stars. I'm picturing Abandon All Hope--which was also the mid-season finale in S5--imagine if Jo and Ellen hadn't died, it could've been a backdoor pilot for a show about them hunting together...in another universe far, far away, anyway.

ETA: forgot to ask, when they said Missouri would be back, are they getting the same actress back you think?

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 2

What I was able to pick out from Jensen's press interview as linked by @Wayward Son.  (The background noise seemed a lot worse in the Jensen video versus in the Jared video, so I had some trouble making out what was said.)  Some of these may have been previously mentioned, but here goes:

• The first episode starts the exact moment the S12 finale left off - literally with Cas at Dean's feet.
  • Jensen's words: "There's too much for Dean for process.  He does the thing he knows how to do best which is neutralize the threat (Jack).  That's something he can hit.  There's too much emotion."  Sounds pretty true to Dean's character, imo.  
  • Jensen hasn't read ahead.  (Other than the scenes they've already filmed, which I think is just the first episode at this point.  Which is probably why he couldn't/didn't talk much about any upcoming Dean storylines.)  "But at some point, Dean is going to have to deal with it. "
  • He is not directing, due to wanting to spend more time with his newly expanded family.
  • Jensen is super excited about the Scooby Doo ep!  It starts off live action, then goes animated into "Scooby-doo land" (Jensen's phrasing) and remains animated the rest, or most of the rest, of the episode.  The voice overs were done back in February.  I don't remember which episode this is, but this could be from where some of the spoilers were coming.
  •  Once Dean realizes the gravity of the situation (with Mary presumed dead, Cas dead, Crowley dead, Jack on their hands) he tries to reach out to God - and even asks him to bring Crowley back!
  • Dean maybe always knew there was a tiny part of Crowley that wasn't all bad.  (Aw!)
  • Love 3
36 minutes ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

•  Once Dean realizes the gravity of the situation (with Mary presumed dead, Cas dead, Crowley dead, Jack on their hands) he tries to reach out to God - and even asks him to bring Crowley back!
  • Dean maybe always knew there was a tiny part of Crowley that wasn't all bad.  (Aw!)

I would like to see Chuck return; has there been any mention of TPTB bringing him back during any of the conventions? I don't generally keep up with them; all of my info comes from skimming this thread.

10 minutes ago, DeeDee79 said:

I would like to see Chuck return; has there been any mention of TPTB bringing him back during any of the conventions? I don't generally keep up with them; all of my info comes from skimming this thread.

I have only watched Jared's and Jensen's press interviews as linked above, so I can't answer the question about TPTB.  But that line from Jensen makes me think that maybe they'll have to bring Chuck back to deal with Jack - even if just for a single episode.  

Just now, RulerofallIsurvey said:

I have only watched Jared's and Jensen's press interviews as linked above, so I can't answer the question about TPTB.  But that line from Jensen makes me think that maybe they'll have to bring Chuck back to deal with Jack - even if just for a single episode.  

I'll take it! Though if the point is to have the brothers deal with things without the aid of supernatural beings ( Cas, Crowley, Rowena ) it would defeat the purpose to bring back the most powerful being that they know ?

1 hour ago, DeeDee79 said:

I don't know, it's always possible, but at the beginning of the main panel Rob asked about the Alternate Reality and the possibility of God returning...it didn't sound like they have any plans for it.

What Jensen said was in reference to a question about Crowley. I couldn't hear the question clearly, but it was something about Dean's feelings on Crowley's sacrifice. Jensen says that once Dean realizes the full scope of the situation they're in he tries to reach out to God and even says bring Crowley back...bring 'em all back. It sounds like Dean doesn't get a response from God--which helps send Dean to a kind of dark place--but it was more a way for him to segue into saying that he thinks Dean maybe always felt like Crowley wasn't all bad; even if he was mostly a self-serving bad guy, there was a part of him that gave a crap.

• Love 2
(edited)

Been reading and watching all the SDCC panels and interviews and digesting them--glad at least we now know real Cas is back and we don't need to worry about that anymore:

--at the EW interview we have Misha saying Cas comes back slowly then asked by Jensen if we get all of Cas back or a version of him, Misha says lets say we will get most of him back, the most important parts

--in interview Misha says the most important thing in my mind is not how it effects Cas but how it effects the boys, when he comes back, his death hasn't shaken him to the core in the way it has the boys

--Misha interview...with Castiel in the beginning of the season, he isn't doing a lot.  He's dead so...When we find Castiel again, not dead we find him in a place we have speculated about...but we've never seen and we never really confirmed the existence of

--Cas is alone in this realm with another powerful being played by a great actor

--Cas doesn't meet Jack until Misha thinks episode 6 and when he does Jack takes Cas to be sort of a father...kind of imprinting on him

So we start with Cas really dead dead which seems episode 1 then we find Cas(our Cas!) in a realm with one other powerful being which sounds like the Empty which is probably a couple of episodes from 2 to 5 and by the latest episode 6 Cas is back with the boys and Jack.  So we get the real Cas back(not au) and effected but we get most of him back...the most important parts as Misha states.  And the boys are emotionally effected by Cas returning since they thought him dead and Jack takes to him like a Daddy since Kelley had Cas around her when Jack was in the belly and aware.  Sounds like good Cas stuff!

Edited by Jakes
  • Love 4
(edited)
21 minutes ago, Jakes said:

Been reading and watching all the SDCC panels and interviews and digesting them--glad at least we now know real Cas is back and we don't need to worry about that anymore:

All I'm getting is that Misha is coming back with the important parts but we don't know what those important parts are. I'm remaining skeptical because they are still being IMO pretty vague.

Which Cas Will Return? Misha was a bit vague when asked whether the version of Cas we know would return, so it’s a bit up in the air right now: “Well, we’re going to see different iterations of….well, yeah. The Cas that comes back is not like a totally different Cas.” , which to me implies there is something going to be different about Cas.  And IMO the SDCC panel doesn't really help other than to address that Misha hasn't been fired.

Ah well. We shall see. I wish I had your confidence, but I do not.

3 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

That's true.  I just couldn't get my head around the Claire story for the bulk of the mid season finale.  I forgot there was the Dean nightmare in the beginning and the actual nightmare in the end.

Do you have a link to the sizzle reel? I've been looking all over for it. 

So are they going to bring back Julian or make Cas into Death.  Maybe Death tells Cas he has a choice in that other realm. He can die as an angel, become human  or return as Death...to teach Cas a lesson about killing reapers?

Edited by catrox14

We who? LOL

All I'm getting is that Misha is coming back with the important parts but we don't know what those important parts are. I'm remaining skeptical because they are still being IMO pretty vague.

Which Cas Will Return? Misha was a bit vague when asked whether the version of Cas we know would return, so it’s a bit up in the air right now: “Well, we’re going to see different iterations of….well, yeah. The Cas that comes back is not like a totally different Cas.” , which to me implies there is something very different about Cas.

So I'm hop

So are they going to bring back Julian or make Cas into Death.  Maybe Death tells Cas he has a choice in that other realm. He can die as an angel, become human  or return as Death...to teach Cas a lesson about killing reapers?

I'm even more sure than I was before.

• Love 1
(edited)
7 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Just FYI I edited my comment. It came across snarkier than I intended.

Fair enough!  I'll just say Misha saying the most important parts of Cas being back means the change isn't too drastic.  And that Misha says Cas and the boys are united on things going forward says that he's their old ally and that Jack is imprinted on him as a daddy means it's the Cas that was with Kelley and no big change.

I do think death will be with Cas in the Empty though.  I am fine with them being a little vague--they shouldn't spell out everything to us.

Edited by Jakes
  • Love 2
(edited)
19 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I think it might be the "Nothing Else Matters" one I posted in the SuperNormal thread:

Nothing of what they've already shot for S13, just a montage of S12.

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

I think it might be the "Nothing Else Matters" one I posted in the SuperNormal thread:

Nothing of what they've already shot for S13, just a montage of S12.

Ahhh. Thank you.

I was looking for s13 teaser.

(edited)

By the way Tree Topper has both Misha and Mark Pellegrino listed as regulars.  Speaking of Mark--it appears the BIG BAD eventually with be AU Michael(Lucy's brother)...at least they hinted strongly at that at SDCC.

Edited by Jakes
  • Love 1

Ahhh. Thank you.

I was looking for s13 teaser.

Yeah, I don't know if they have one yet. They barely had finished filming the first episode, so maybe they didn't have time to get one together before Comic Con. Maybe they're release one in the next couple weeks?

• Love 2

Just thinking about the use of "Nothing Else Matters" and the lyrics.  I mean if this were the shaving people, punting things folks I'd be all over this thinking it's meaningful but CW SPN promo monkeys suck so I shouldn't read more into it.

Interesting that 12.22 was "Who We Are".  I doubt it has any other meaning but here are the lyics.

So close no matter how far
Couldn't be much more from the heart
Forever trusting who we are
And nothing else matters

Never opened myself this way
Life is ours, we live it our way
All these words I don't just say
And nothing else matters

Trust I seek and I find in you
Every day for us something new
Open mind for a different view
And nothing else matters

Never cared for what they do
        Never cared for what they know
        But I know

And nothing else matters

But I know

Never opened myself this way
Life is ours, we live it our way
All these words I don't just say
And nothing else matters

Trust I seek and I find in you
Every day for us something new
Open mind for a different view
And nothing else matters

Never cared for what they say
        Never cared for games they play
        And I know

No, nothing else matters

The LittleTreeHopper has posted an updated spoiler sheet. 

At last the time has come! The season 13 spoiler sheet is here! 

Welcome the the Spoiler Sheet for season 13 - a constantly updated post collecting every Supernatural spoiler I can find. DISCLAIMER: Everything here is gathered from public sources. I do not have unauthorized access to SPN production or writers, and nothing on here is obtained through nefarious means. I’m just obsessive and like to be organized. I do this as a fan.

Things to know:

Last updated: July 24

Rumors/unconfirmed spoilers/guesses are in italics.

Guesses: Writers, directors and appearances for guest stars an Castiel/Misha are base don patterns from previous years.

Filming dates are based on Supernatural’s eight day filming schedule and the schedule for previous years. The same goes for airdates.

My general tag for all season thirteen spoilers is “s13 spoilers.”

If you happen across a spoiler that’s not on here, please feel free to tag me, airplane me or send me an ask! I update the sheet with new spoilers as I find them. 

I reblog every Monday and sometimes on Fridays highlighting new info. New spoiler are also highlighted in the “latest spoiler section.”

There will be 23 Episodes in the season. As of now the sheet goes up to episode 10.

I note which cons happen during the filming of eps to help match up con spoilers to episodes.

Spoilers for aired eps will be relocated to the bottom after and episode airs at the bottom, for reference. Here’s the full sheet from season 12.

Latest spoilers: wroters for episode 9, 10, ALL THE SDCC THINGs, title for 13x01, filming tidbits for 13x01, cast for 13x01, writer for 13x01,

General stuff (newest to oldest, once info is matched to an episode it’s moved there)  

Castiel will eventually be reunited with the boys, and Jack, by episode 6.

We will see Cas is another realm that’s been discussed but never mentioned, interacting with another new character played by a “handsome” actor. 

Dean will be deep into grieving for Cas and Mary, as he thinks Mary is dead. Sam is less broken up, and thinks Mary is alive.

Sam and Dean will clash over Jack. Dean wants to kill him, Sam wants to help him and maybe use him to get Mary back.

Episode 11 will be similar to “the vessel” in that it will be an ambitious scale.

Misha has read scripts that have Cas elements that will be challenging.

Episode 16 will be an animated Scooby Doo crossover episode. Jared, Jensen and Misha recorded their dialogue in April of 2017. (x) It will be written by Jeremy Adams and Jim Krieg. 

Misha Collins will be returning for season 13, as a series regular.

Mark Sheppard will not be returning. (x) 

Though not confirmed/announced Mark Pellegrino will likely return for Season 13.  Mark Pellegrino will return as a series regular.

Other returning cast: Samantha Smith, Alexander Calvert (Jack).

Richard Speight Jr. will be directing two episodes this season.

Jensen will not be directing this year.

Writing staff: Andrew Dabb is showrunner with Robert Singer. Writers: Eugenie Ross Leming and Brad Buckner, Robert Berens, Meredith Glynn, Steve Yockey, Davy Perez and  John Bring (writers’ assistant).

Filming starts on July 12 and will go until April 19. The filming schedule is slightly shorter this season because only three days will be used to shoot live elements for the animated episode.

The writers returned for work on season 13 on May 15.

Season 13 was announced January 8, 2017.

Episode specific spoilers:

Episode 13x01

Title: Lost and Found

Written by: Andrew Dabb

Director:  Phil Sgriccia

Filming Dates: July 12 - July 21

Airdate: October 12

Castiel? Yes.

Guest stars: Samantha Smith (Mary Winchester), Mark Pellegrino (Lucifer), Alexander Calver (Jack), Rob Raco (Clark)

Other Spoilers/info (newest to oldest):

A scene was shot with a pyre on the beach. (x)

A scene was shot where Misha was prone with his eyes closed with the boys (elements may show up on the gag reel)

Filming went late into the evening/early morning either on day 2 or day 3

J2 were spotted getting into the Impala

Filming was done of the Impala on the road.

Filming happened at the same location as the Season 12 finale, Britannia Beach in BC, so things may pick up exactly where the finale left off. (x)

Samantha Smith had to miss ChiCon due to filming (x)*

Chicago Con to occur during filming

My episode 13x01 tag.

Episode 13x02 (currently filming)

Title:

Written by: Brad Buckner and Eugenie Ross Lemming

Director:  Thomas Wright

Filming Dates: July 24 - August 2

Airdate: October 19

Castiel? Probably not

Guest stars: Alexander Calvert (Jack), Samantha Smith (Mary Winchester), Mark Pellegrino (Lucifer), 

San Diego Comic Con Appearance, Sunday prior to filming (7/23)

My episode 13x02 tag.

Episode 13x03

Title:

Written by: Robert Berens

Director:  Bob Singer

Filming Dates: August 3 - August 15,  (no filming August 7, Canadian civil Holiday) 

Airdate: October 26

Castiel? Possibly.

Guest stars: Clark Backo (Patience Turner), Loretta Divine (Missouri Mos

Vancouver Convention to occur during filming

My episode 13x03 tag.

(edited)

Why can't the show just say that Dean will be in deep grieving over Cas and Mary. I swear I think they decided for Dean  to think Mary's dead so they can mitigate his emotions over Cas with Mary (gods forbid Dean loves Cas and I don't mean in a shippy way). RME.  

Also, make sure they mitigate Dean praying for God's help with Cas and Mary and for him to ask for Crowley back...Come on. Look Dean might think Crowley didn't deserve to die but they are not besties from Dean's perspective (demon Dean shenanigans notwithstanding). He was going to kill him when he thought he let Lucifer out of the Cage on purpose hours before!

Also, what's with Singer saying that Mary went through the rift on purpose.  She DID NOT.  She was pulled in by Lucifer. Do these people watch their own show anymore? Is this a retcon to make Dean think that's what she did so he has a reason to think she's dead?? 

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

All I'm getting is that Misha is coming back with the important parts but we don't know what those important parts are.

Sorry (Not Sorry) but my mind keeps going in one of two directions whenever I see this (not just in your post):

1. Silly: well, important parts like legs, arms, etc...

2. In the gutter.

• Love 2
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

With Jessica adding that she heard Misha refer to the actor with him in the empty (or whatever realm) as "handsome". Has anyone's opinions on who that could be changed? 

I'm still guessing that was Misha being charming about the actor playing Death--but I guess it could be someone else.  What if it's a Misha joke and he's playing Cas and someone looking like Cas.   Though my money is still on Death.

By the way you have to be happy that Misha said Jack will imprint on Cas as Daddy.  I know you wanted that storyline for Cas--so did I.

Edited by Jakes
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

We will see Cas is another realm that’s been discussed but never mentioned, interacting with another new character played by a “handsome” actor. 

If this is true, then not Death, since he is not a new character.  However, for me, the trustworthiness is put into doubt because of this:

28 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

Episode 16 will be an animated Scooby Doo crossover episode. Jared, Jensen and Misha recorded their dialogue in April of 2017. (x) It will be written by Jeremy Adams and Jim Krieg. 

Both Jared and Jensen in their press interviews said they recorded the voice work in February, not April.  

• Love 1