Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

John had codes in his journal because Dean used them in First Born to find the info on Tara.

It was a long complicated trail...first he had to figure out it was a code, then IIRC they went to the storage locker and found the files that included Tara, then they tracked her down.  (I might be confusing the order of things there...)  

I'm assuming the boys spent some time in the locker seeing what was there, so they knew there were files that linked to the journal entries.  But AFAIK the storage locker location is only in Sam & Dean's minds now (hopefully they got rid of the business card)...it was never listed in the journal or they would have found it long ago.  So code words in the journal wouldn't help the BMoL unless they had the other pieces of the puzzle.  Hopefully.  

I still don't know if John had other storage units, and if the boys ever found them.  I don't think it was ever mentioned?

I just remembered...Bobby was possessed when Dean figured out Becky's clue about the Michael sword (and both angels and demons were waiting there) so I certainly hope that the boys moved everything out of that locker and into somewhere safer.  Otherwise, there would have been no point to blindfolding Crowley when Dean took him to the locker to find the info about Tara...sheesh, trying to make logic out of these things.....

43 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

It was a long complicated trail...first he had to figure out it was a code, then IIRC they went to the storage locker and found the files that included Tara, then they tracked her down.  (I might be confusing the order of things there...)  

I'm assuming the b

The trail to the First Blade was long and complicated not to the storage locker.

The storage locker was the first stop.  Dean had the journal with him in the bar. He opened the journal  immediately found a page with a code and a T. He said it's a code to a one of John's storage lockers and thought maybe there would be something in the storage locker to help them. He didn't know what the T meant. They drove straight to John's storage locker. And found a file with Tara's picture.Then they tracked down Tara. Then they did the location spell that lead them to Cain's house.

All it takes is someone getting that journal and figuring out the codes and getting access to all the treasures in John's lockers.

#ProtectJohnsJournal2K17

Edited by catrox14
5 minutes ago, Geordiegirl1967 said:

Producers preview is out

https://twitter.com/cw_spn/status/834824434707935232

don't know how to paste it in as a video sorry

Hmm. Not really interested in Crowley's family dynamics. I'd rather they focused on Dean & Sam and their mum. I'm keeping an open mind.

And I'm singing with the Pointer Sisters "I'm so excited!" (woah, 80's flashback to shoulder pads and BIG hair!)

I love awkward family moments.  I eat those up with a spoon.  And Crowley remembers what Rowena said to him about love.  I wonder if we get a call-back.  I also wonder if she's going to try to start over with Gavin, given she and Crowley have so much bad blood in the past. Then again, he DID explode that guy for her and she found that touching (in the way only Rowena or Crowley would find touching).

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, Geordiegirl1967 said:

Producers preview is out

https://twitter.com/cw_spn/status/834824434707935232

don't know how to paste it in as a video sorry

Hmm. Not really interested in Crowley's family dynamics. I'd rather they focused on Dean & Sam and their mum. I'm keeping an open mind.

Agreed! I'm not overly interested in Crowley either! I don't hate him, but I've never been able to get emotionally invested in him.

However, Mark has been a series regular for three seasons now and hasn't had a Crowley centric episode yet (that I can recall at least?). So I think he and those in the fanbase who are major Crowley fans deserve an episode :) 

Edited by Wayward Son
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, SueB said:

And I'm singing with the Pointer Sisters "I'm so excited!" (woah, 80's flashback to shoulder pads and BIG hair!)

I love awkward family moments.  I eat those up with a spoon.  And Crowley remembers what Rowena said to him about love.  I wonder if we get a call-back.  I also wonder if she's going to try to start over with Gavin, given she and Crowley have so much bad blood in the past. Then again, he DID explode that guy for her and she found that touching (in the way only Rowena or Crowley would find touching).

I am excited too, it looks good.

• Love 2
Just now, Aeryn13 said:

I think it has the potential to be inoffensively okay. I throw confetti at such episodes now. And it`s penned by the Duo, a Crowley family episode is a safer subject than many for these writers. 

Oh damn it's the Deadly Duo.  Who do you all have in the Dead Pool?

I'm going with ...Gavin...

Just now, catrox14 said:

Shit.  Well, that would break my heart.  Gavin doesn't deserve to die.  He's been obviously keeping to himself.  He's coming in via bus for pity's sake.  

Who do you all have in the Dead Pool?

I`m pretty sure both Mark and Ruth have been on set later than this ep so it`s not gonna be them. `Right now my gut feeling would be: 60 % chance noone of any importance dies and 40 % chance Gavin dies. 

49 minutes ago, SueB said:

Why? Why would you do that to innocent passerbyers. 

Oh yes, that is too a word...or it is now! ;)

9 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I'm going out on a limb and saying: no death--other than the standard red shirts--this time. I'm probably wrong given the Horrible Duo's track record, but I'm always hopeful for a break in pattern. ;)

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

Why? Why would you do that to innocent passerbyers. 

Oh yes, that is too a word...or it is now! ;)

I'm going out on a limb and saying: no death--other than the standard red shirts--this time. I'm probably wrong given the Horrible Duo's track record, but I'm always hopeful for a break in pattern. ;)

I hope you're right. I did like Gavin.

• Love 1

"It`s a better way"?  Wow, I do very much hope the Alpha Vamp kicks their smug asses, the BMOL and Mary, seven ways from Sunday. I really wanna see them all humbled.

This is the episode Jensen missed a lot of shooting because of the twin`s birth so I wonder if Dean doesn`t come on the hunt or how he gets written out. He doesn`t appear to be in the action segment of the trailer.

8 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

"It`s a better way"?  Wow, I do very much hope the Alpha Vamp kicks their smug asses, the BMOL and Mary, seven ways from Sunday. I really wanna see them all humbled.

This is the episode Jensen missed a lot of shooting because of the twin`s birth so I wonder if Dean doesn`t come on the hunt or how he gets written out. He doesn`t appear to be in the action segment of the trailer.

I really hope the magic ray gun doesn't work on an alpha, and anyone on that raid gets a massive ego check.

As much as I love badass Dean, I'm hoping the reason Dean isn't shown in the action scenes is because Dean is allowed to stand his ground and he refuses to work with the secret suckbags.  But I'm thinking they'll hand wave all his objection as Dean being too bossy/overprotective again. 

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

As much as I love badass Dean, I'm hoping the reason Dean isn't shown in the action scenes is because Dean is allowed to stand his ground and he refuses to work with the secret suckbags.  But I'm thinking they'll hand wave all his objection as Dean being too bossy/overprotective again. 

That would indeed be the most sensible way of minimizing Dean's role in a Jensen lite episode, while keeping true to the current narrative rather than writing him out in a contrived manner. 

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

I think the twins were born during the filming of episode 12x12. 

They were born in November and episode 12x14 (next week episode) was filmed between January 3 to January 12 (after the holidays). so if Jensen will have less screen time in this episode it won't be because of the birth of the twins.

1 minute ago, goldy said:

They were born in November and episode 12x14 (next week episode) was filmed between January 3 to January 12 (after the holidays). so if Jensen will have less screen time in this episode it won't be because of the birth of the twins.

Jensen had an extra week off after the holidays.  He didn't film from at least the 3rd to the 9th.   So he was only available for 2 to 3 days at most during the filming of this ep.

• Love 1

Ep 14 is the one they - barely - start before Christmas break and then finish into New Year. And Jensen missed the entire first week of New Year`s filming, I think. That`s a lot of the episode.

And if they didn`t do it to give him time with his new family but just to write him out for shits and giggles? Less than impressed.   

1 hour ago, ILoveReading said:

57 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

That would indeed be the most sensible way of minimizing Dean's role in a Jensen lite episode, while keeping true to the current narrative rather than writing him out in a contrived manner. 

If that's the case then (Dean stands his ground and refuses to work with the Suckbags) it makes no sense if Sam agrees to work with them as he has even more reason to dislike/distrust them than Dean.  Unless he only goes along to try to protect/look after Mary.  But after she went behind their backs and worked with them, I think he should Nope-Out too.

• Love 1
Just now, RulerofallIsurvey said:

If that's the case then (Dean stands his ground and refuses to work with the Suckbags) it makes no sense if Sam agrees to work with them as he has even more reason to dislike/distrust them than Dean.  Unless he only goes along to try to protect/look after Mary.  But after she went behind their backs and worked with them, I think he should Nope-Out too.

I think if they go that route than Sam would only agree to protect Mary. Of the brothers I think Sam has generally been portrayed as the more forgiving of a betrayal. For instance he was willing to reach out to Castiel during his stay in the asylum, while Dean didn't begin to forgive him until their time in purgatory. So after recent events, I think it would make sense that Sam would forgive Mary and enter 'protect mum' mode quicker than Dean. 

They could make up something like Cas calling with a lead on Devil Baby Mama Drama so they decide Dean, who isn`t keen on working a job with the oh-so-superior BMOL, should go help on that front. A tactical split-up decision would be the easiest explanation.

Though I fear Dean does come on the hunt and just gets incapacitated somehow or goes to another room and disappears for 3 acts or something.  

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

Sam tends to be the more trusting of the two.   He's also the one who would be more likely to want to believe the Men of Letters and their claim to rid the world of monsters.  (Key word, want- I'm not saying he does believe or trust them).  Plus, I can see him thinking it might be a way for him to connect with Mary which he wants to do.    

Dean's walls are up and we've seen how hard it it so penetrate those.  Finding out Mary lied to them and was working behind their back, can only lead to them being thickened and reinforced.  He wasn't happy to see her when she walked into the bunker.   

• Love 2
1 hour ago, goldy said:

I'm not sold on the episode being Dean-lite either. I mean, yes, we know Jensen had a few more days off, but I'm just guessing they maximized Jensen's shooting time to give him more time at home and packed as much Jensen as they could into the few days they had with him. I'm actually expecting it to be more of a Mary-working-with-the-BMoL-episode and it be lite for both Sam and Dean.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

I'm not sold on the episode being Dean-lite either. I mean, yes, we know Jensen had a few more days off, but I'm just guessing they maximized Jensen's shooting time to give him more time at home and packed as much Jensen as they could into the few days they had with him. I'm actually expecting it to be more of a Mary-working-with-the-BMoL-episode and it be lite for both Sam and Dean.

A day of filming equals approximately five minutes of footage.  So if Jensen filmed 3 days, that would equal about 10-15 minutes of screen time, depending on coverage.  Its possible that editing and writing can make it feel like more, but I find show weak in both these categories.  I fully expect this to be Dean lite and understandable that he would want some time off to spend with his family.

The tag line being Sammy the vampire slayer, doesn't make it sound like its going to be a Sam-lite ep.

I just hope they have a valid reason Dean is off screen.   I hope its not, that he gets taken out easily because he didn't use one of the ray guns and tried to do it old school.  The show has established Vampires are a specialty for Dean, as we've seen him take out several nests.  

Having Dean refuse to work with them, or go off to investigate a lead with Cas, would be plausible reasons.

I'm not sold on the episode being Dean-lite either. I mean, yes, we know Jensen had a few more days off, but I'm just guessing they maximized Jensen's shooting time to give him more time at home and packed as much Jensen as they could into the few days they had with him.

He will necessarily be absent from scenes. For example they will not re-create a set or a complex fight scene or anything like that just to get Jensen`s coverage in. Time and budget constraints make that impossible.

Its possible that editing and writing can make it feel like more, but I find show weak in both these categories. 

I agree. They are not skilled enough to make a 10 minute appearance feel like twice that.  

The tag line being Sammy the vampire slayer, doesn't make it sound like its going to be a Sam-lite ep.

Depends on if a bored CW intern came up with that or someone from the show. Nevertheless Jared shot a lot more material so Sam will be in more. I don`t believe he will be the focus though it might be a Mary/Sam-bonding ep in that regard.

At best we might get scenes of Dean and the Alpha Vamp. If the others are shooting more action scenes, he might have gotten a dialogue scene.

Or, he is in the beginning and the tag of the episode and doesn`t partake in the case. Could go either way.   

Jensen had an extra week off after the holidays.  He didn't film from at least the 3rd to the 9th.   So he was only available for 2 to 3 days at most during the filming of this ep.

Oh, I didn't know that. I guess then, that it is totally possible and understandable that he will have less screen time in next week episode.

1 hour ago, Aeryn13 said:

Ep 14 is the one they - barely - start before Christmas break and then finish into New Year. And Jensen missed the entire first week of New Year`s filming, I think. That`s a lot of the episode.

And if they didn`t do it to give him time with his new family but just to write him out for shits and giggles? Less than impressed.   

According to this site (which is pretty reliable), episode 12 was filmed between November 17 to December 5 (no shooting week of Thanksgiving) they also point out under "Other Spoilers/info" that; "Not really a spoilers, but Jensen’s twins were born during filming of this episode".

Episode 14 filming date (according to the same site) is January 3 - January 12.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

As much as I love badass Dean, I'm hoping the reason Dean isn't shown in the action scenes is because Dean is allowed to stand his ground and he refuses to work with the secret suckbags.

I hope so, too. That would be pretty in-character for Dean, and it would be nice if they have a character-based reason for him sitting things out, rather than a plot-based one. Although I'm sure they'll give him some sort of plotline associated with hunting in the meantime anyway. I just hope that his actual choice not to work with the BMOL (if he does make that choice) is character-based and not purely tactical.

53 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

I think if they go that route than Sam would only agree to protect Mary. Of the brothers I think Sam has generally been portrayed as the more forgiving of a betrayal. For instance he was willing to reach out to Castiel during his stay in the asylum, while Dean didn't begin to forgive him until their time in purgatory. So after recent events, I think it would make sense that Sam would forgive Mary and enter 'protect mum' mode quicker than Dean. 

Yes, I can see Sam not being OK with Mary working alone with the BMOL. He knows first hand that they're scary, and I think he would be pretty nervous that if he doesn't give her some backup with them, he's just letting her twist in the wind. And like you say, he tends to be pretty forgiving. Sam has always seemed to burn really hot but then burn out. Dean is more of a slow smolder.

Also, I think Dean is more likely to assume that she can take care of herself, because his perspective on her is more colored with the idea that they're parent/child, and she's the parent, so it's not really his place to be "protective" of her in that way.

• Love 1

Maybe Dean goes off to help  the hunter twins on a vampire hunt and He comes across the Alpha Vampire who starts telling him that his  children are being tortured by Mary  but it's not having the effect BMoL expected. Dean learns the Alpha Vampire is collecting  the irradiated blood  so he can modify it to make a stronger harder to kill vampire. He appeals to Dean to get his mother to stop because if she doesn't he will raise a mutant vampire army. Juxtaposed with Mary, Sam and HMSS planning a raid on the Alpha Vampire new compound.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

Maybe Dean goes off to help  the hunter twins on a vampire hunt and He comes across the Alpha Vampire who starts telling him that his  children are being tortured by Mary  but it's not having the effect BMoL expected. Dean learns the Alpha Vampire is collecting  the irradiated blood  so he can modify it to make a stronger harder to kill vampire. He appeals to Dean to get his mother to stop because if she doesn't he will raise a mutant vampire army. Juxtaposed with Mary, Sam and HMSS planning a raid on the Alpha Vampire new compound.

How much would I love to see this. 

Imagine if one of those trapped vampires was Benny, who the alpha vamp had rescued from purgatory. 

Edited by ILoveReading
13 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

How much would I love to see this.

Honestly, for Dean to not have another encounter with his vampire "father" for a hot minute would be kind of unforgivable for me. They could have a 5 minute convo and then Dean is trying to contact Mary and Sam but because of the mission their phones are disabled or something and he can't reach them. Maybe Deans hunt with the twins ends up at the  Alpha Vampire compound and Dean is getting the spiel from alpha about his potential mutant vampire army and simultaneously Mary, Sam and HMSS are going to kill everything at the compound where Dean and the Hunter Twins are. Dilemma

And truly it would be kind of humorous meta thing for Dean to be away helping twins.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 2

You're an evil genius Catrox14! Love this idea!

2 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

They could make up something like Cas calling with a lead on Devil Baby Mama Drama so they decide Dean, who isn`t keen on working a job with the oh-so-superior BMOL, should go help on that front. A tactical split-up decision would be the easiest explanation.

I would think that's the route they will go. Maybe Dean comes in at the end to help when he realizes this are going south. Unless Misha was on set when Jensen was and we see some of what they are doing. Doesn't sound like it though.

2 minutes ago, bearcatfan said:

I would think that's the route they will go. Maybe Dean comes in at the end to help when he realizes this are going south. Unless Misha was on set when Jensen was and we see some of what they are doing. Doesn't sound like it though.

Misha / Cas won't be in next weeks episode. So any potential Dean and Cas interaction like the scenario speculated will occur off screen. 

Imagine if one of those trapped vampires was Benny, who the alpha vamp had rescued from purgatory

Oh that would be awesome. Which makes me wonder do the HMSS know about Purgatory. I mean sure they can kill all the vampires in America but there are a bunch I Purgatory that could be resurrected.

5 hours ago, goldy said:

They were born Dec. 2 (a week earlier than expected) and Jensen was working up to 8 hours before their birth, then IIRC came back to work for a final week and then had a few-weeks break,.  I don't know which episodes coincide with the time.   

• Love 1

If you dissect the clip we have, it's pretty clear that at some point Ketch, Mary and Sam are in a room with a shit-ton of vampires. Ketch is down (unconscious or otherwise) and Sam and Mary are using machetes instead of the ray-gun.

A couple of speculations on this:
1) I think it's possible (given the "Sammy the Vampire Slayer" thing) that either:
a) Sam agrees to go with Mary to listen to the BMoL and Dean refuses
b) Sam and Dean go but the BMoL don't want Dean going after Vampires because of Benny (remember Lady McTorture mentioned Benny)
c) Some other random combination that has only Sam and Mary on this particular vampire hunt without Dean
d) My favorite (and oh do I hope): Sam APPEARS to be open to listening to the BMoL and goes in on a data-gathering mission with Mary (but Mary doesn't know that he's there for data, not cooperation). Dean is secretly waiting in the wings in case things go pear-shaped, again, and they do.

2) The Alpha vamp shows up in force because the BMoL are effectively killing enough of their kind that he's taken notice.  Further, the raygun torture is something he's picking up on due to his mental connection.

3) The Winchesters will be lucky to get out with their necks intact.

4) The Alpha may or maynot introduce the topic of Samuel Campell-- who ALSO tortured him.

5) Mary is going to get the speech about what IS and IS NOT family.  From either Sam or Dean.  But she either gets on board or she's not going to like the result.  From Dean's perspective, she risked Sammy THREE times now (I bet BOTH will suspect she took something for the BMoL).  No way Sam pulls Dean back from that. In fact, I suspect Sam will stand with him (or lead the way).

• Love 2

So I was thinking about Jesse the anti-Christ

This is the perfect time to bring him back.

Supposing Spawn of Lucifer (SoL heh they will be SOL if he's born) grows up super fast after he's born and becomes too powerful for anyone to defeat other than the Anti-Christ who can kill with a single thought.

The boys might need to track down Jesse and have him face off with SoL. And since it's not clear AFAIR which demon is his father then it could be Asmodeus. And which side do you want to win? SoL or Jesse the Anti-Christ?

Also we need a Name the Spawn of Lucifer Pool.

• Love 1

Yeah, Dean might be pissed at Mary now for going behind their backs, but as far as we know, she hasn't yet come clean about their last hunt, getting Wally killed on a ruse, and giving the BMOL the Colt.  I'm thinking that will take things to a whole new level of pissed off when he does find out...both he and Sam, actually.  Of course, knowing this show, we may never see any of this being revealed. 

Edited by MysteryGuest
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, MysteryGuest said:

Yeah, Dean might be pissed at Mary now for going behind their backs, but as far as we know, she hasn't yet come clean about their last hunt, getting Wally killed on a ruse, and giving the BMOL the Colt.  I'm thinking that will take things to a whole new level of pissed off when he does find out...both he and Sam, actually.  Of course, knowing this show, we may never see any of this being revealed. 

Edited 1 minute ago by MysteryGuest.

Not to mention Cas nearly died because of Mary....hooo boy.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Macbeth said:

I know this has been covered - but we don't get Mary's argument just a music montage. The writers really couldn't give an F anymore.

Pix 4-9 above look like a continuation of the Mary vs. Sam/Dean argument to me, so maybe we will get more than a music montage.

12 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Re the promo photos.

I am quite irritated that Dean is having a drink with Mr. Ketch in the GD bunker.  BUT Dean is wearing his murder shirt combo. Maybe he'll just lop off Ketch's head right there. 

Dean looks to be quite suspicious in that photo so I'm not sure he's actually enjoying that drink. Who am I kidding, he likes the drink but not the company.

• Love 2