Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

Dean's worst nightmare was becoming a demon and it happened. Sam's been possessed which is what made Dean allowing an angel to possess Sam so awful.  

Do you really think Dean would want his baby brother/psuedo son to become 'that thing' ?  No, I think Dean learned something and he was willing to die rather than become whatever the Mark was making him.  I don't think Dean would let Sam's fate become that if he can stop it.  Dean has changed and so has Sam.  

I guess we'll just agree to disagree at this point.

Edited by catrox14

I suspect that if Sam and Dean become demons -- and that's a big if -- I'll be done with the show.  Because that, to me, reeks of, "Hey, we've run out of heroic stuff for these guys to do, so let's make them bad!"

AKA lazy writing.  I'm about full up of lazy writing.

• Love 1

I suspect that if Sam and Dean become demons -- and that's a big if -- I'll be done with the show.  Because that, to me, reeks of, "Hey, we've run out of heroic stuff for these guys to do, so let's make them bad!"

In any case, they can't end the season with Sam and Dean *both* being demons -- because you can't have the Big Cliffhanger! of S9 be Dean becoming a demon and then the Big Cliffhanger! of S10 be Dean *and* Sam becoming demons. I mean, then what would the Big Cliffhanger of S11 be, errrrrrybody becoming demons? (LOL)

I guess we'll just agree to disagree at this point.

Yeah, no worries!

Edited by rue721

If it were a new occurrence, I'd agree, but they've had Sam and Dean both go very bad, and it's always been written as part of their destiny, especially Sam. 

It's just that they are never going to go too far, so having Sam be a demon would just be more of the cautiousness that surrounded Dean's time as a demon. 

If it were a new occurrence, I'd agree, but they've had Sam and Dean both go very bad, and it's always been written as part of their destiny, especially Sam. 

It's just that they are never going to go too far, so having Sam be a demon would just be more of the cautiousness that surrounded Dean's time as a demon. 

I'm referring more to the idea that they'd be actual demons -- and do everything that goes along with being demons.  Not "going dark" with the best intentions.  Not "going dark" trying to save mankind.  And so on and so forth.

But like I said, that would be a big "if" and I'm not sure if they'd even consider such a thing.  They do seem to be running out of ideas, though....

• Love 1

I thought it was strongly implied that Demon Dean and Crowley did a whole lot more than what we saw onscreen, so I assumed Demon Dean did some normal demon activity, too. I just can't wrap my head around them making either of them demons. It's not like the committed to the idea of Dean being a demon, so why would they retread that ground again? I know, I know...reason and logic...right.

You know, back in S6, I was thinking that that whole apocalypse thing that was supposed to be Sam and Dean's destinies was really more of a test and not the "real" apocalypse God had intended. Maybe what they're setting up for again is another Biblical brother vs. brother apocalypse? Speaking of running out of ideas...

• Love 1

Answers to the problem they won't go for:

- Dean tells them to know him out with tranquilizer and then dismember him, burying bits in various states.

- Dean runs off to some desolated South Pacific island and waits til Sam dies of old age.

- Dean finds a faerie to take him to a fairy realm. Where he procedes to get his murder on by killing Oberon and all bad faeries.

All of these options work because he can't get at killing his loved ones easy. All options off the table because it ends the show.

Actually, what got me thinking along these lines was it looks like we have at least one Sam & Cas kinda episode based on that preview. And the scene with the guy and the flaming candles made me wonder if they are looking for Dean. But, even if Dean runs away, I think they'll find him by the end of the episode.

Edited by SueB

The Things They Carried trailer.

Egads. There is some hardcore torture in that trailer.  A woman is hanging upside down, mouth duct tape, in her skivvies with a knife to her throat. I know there is no context at the moment, but come on show. Really?  It looks like a military thing, so maybe it's Cole doing the torturing...I mean he seems well versed in that. 

The stuff with the candles I thought was a seance like when Pamela got her eyes burned out.  So unless they are summoning a ghost or an angel I don't see how that helps them if Dean disappears again unless it's because Dean became a demon again. UNLESS they are trying to summon John or Mary or gods forbid Bobby... to help them save Dean.

And everyone else in that trailer is Sam, Dean, Cas, Crowley, and Rowena.  We see Dean punching someone and to me Dean has that demon!Dean look about him, or maybe I'm projecting?  It looks like Sam is hitting Cas from behind and Cas looks like he has a bloodied face?Maybe it's a flashback episode? Maybe we see how Sam hurt his arm.

Edited by catrox14

And everyone else in that trailer is Sam, Dean, Cas, Crowley, and Rowena.

You forgot Metatron. Because of couuuuuuuuuuuuuurse he's in the trailer. Nobody would want to miss out on seeing yet more Metatron, after all.

You forgot Metatron. Because of couuuuuuuuuuuuuurse he's in the trailer. Nobody would want to miss out on seeing yet more Metatron, after all.

Ugh. Yeah.  I'm pretty sure I blocked that out of my mind, because I am SOOOO over Metatron. Gods why don't that just kill that fuckwit already??

First of all, I don't know what's going on with my brain today. The title of the episode "The Things They Carried"  had me envisioning Sam and Dean fleeing the bunker with suitcases. Stupid brain.

Egads. There is some hardcore torture in that trailer.  A woman is hanging upside down, mouth duct tape, in her skivvies with a knife to her throat. I know there is no context at the moment, but come on show. Really?  It looks like a military thing, so maybe it's Cole doing the torturing...I mean he seems well versed in that. 

Well considering The Things They Carried is a book by Tim O'Brien of semi-autobiographical short stories about the Vietnam war, I guess that makes a certain amount of sense--right now anyway. And considering Tim O'Brien's style of writing is somewhat metafiction, I suppose Marvatron's inclusion isn't by accident either. Sigh.

The stuff with the candles I thought was a seance like when Pamela got her eyes burned out.  So unless they are summoning a ghost or an angel I don't see how that helps them if Dean disappears again unless it's because Dean became a demon again. UNLESS they are trying to summon John or Mary or gods forbid Bobby... to help them save Dean.

I've seriously been wondering if we'll get a Jeffery Dean Morgan appearance of some sort this season...just saying

First of all, I don't know what's going on with my brain today. The title of the episode "The Things They Carried"  had me envisioning Sam and Dean fleeing the bunker with suitcases. Stupid brain.

The "mid-season finale" episode was called The Things They Left Behind. That was the one that was all about Cas and Claire. I wonder if The Things They Carried is going to be related to that somehow, or pick up on those storylines?

With regard to seances and Jeffrey Dean Morgan, The Things They Left Behind was also the episode where Cas asked Dean if he loved his father, and there was that record scratch moment before Dean started telling that CBGB story. So I wonder if that (weird) bar scene was a setup for a story thread that might get picked up in this coming episode, too.

The "mid-season finale" episode was called The Things They Left Behind. That was the one that was all about Cas and Claire. I wonder if The Things They Carried is going to be related to that somehow, or pick up on those storylines?

With regard to seances and Jeffrey Dean Morgan, The Things They Left Behind was also the episode where Cas asked Dean if he loved his father, and there was that record scratch moment before Dean started telling that CBGB story. So I wonder if that (weird) bar scene was a setup for a story thread that might get picked up in this coming episode, too.

I assume the two episodes will be related in some fashion, just my brain was doing weird stuff today and had me thinking more literal than I think necessary when thinking about this show.

The reason I've been wondering about a Jeffery Dean Morgan appearance is he's doing a couple cons this year, which he's never done even one before. Couple that with how it seems they've been talking about John in a more nostalgic light this season (I don't think there's been more John mentions this season, though, just different tone to his mentions) and how it seems Dean could really use a parent right now...I don't know, probably just reaching on my part. However, if they do manage to pull this off without the CW spoiling it first...that would be awesome, IMO.

The CW managed to pull off a HUGE fake out on Arrow that fooled a wide segment of the fanbase. It was glorious trolling.

And I really hope if they have JDM back they don't let it get out.  And didn't we have a pretty good fake out in SPN with someone that wasn't in the credits at all? I think maybe when Jim Beaver came back as ghost Bobby?

From the interview with Robbie Thompson:

As far as a procedure goes, it doesn’t matter if a character is alive or dead on our show. What does matter, though, is having a story. I tried for years to bring back Richard Spreight’s character Gabriel, and I tried for years to bring back Rob Benedict’s character, Chuck Shurley. There was always a question of can you find a story? Can you justify bringing back the character? That’s always been the procedure.

Who would you guys want the show to bring back, in terms of who would probably have the most interesting story?

I desperately want them to give us an update on Kevin. Is he finally in Heaven? Has he gone crazy as a ghost? (Has Mrs. Tran held it together despite her ruined life?) It's strange to me that the Trans aren't even mentioned anymore.

Gadreel is my top pick to bring back, though, because his whole backstory is still so mysterious and fascinating to me. He's sort of like the show's screwed up version of the Count of Monte Cristo? ("Screwed up" version because he's technically guilty, and was imprisoned by God himself. lol). Plus, I just enjoy him, I think he's interesting, and he's one of the few characters who can be a villain one minute or a hero the next and still believable as both imo.

Well, my real top pick, or at least my sentimental pick, is obviously John -- but I won't *continually* bend everybody's ear about it, I promise. :P

I love the Trickster/Gabriel, but truthfully, I'm not sure what they could do with him at this point. A lot of my favorite side characters probably couldn't be brought back now because they wouldn't fit the tone of the show anymore. Off the top of my head:  Henriksen, Ronald, Gordon...

This is so out of the blue (and would never ever happen), but you know what long-gone character it would be interesting to see? Pastor Jim. Wouldn't it blow a pastor's mind that these kids he babysat way back when are cavorting with angels and fought the Horsemen of the Apocalypse and all that?

And then there are the characters who I would prefer never to see again:  Metatron, Missouri, Ruby...

I’d love to write an episode of the show where they just have a day off and they’re doing laundry and binge watching “True Detective,” but I’ve never gotten that episode approved.

I wish. That would be a fantastic episode. Well, maybe not that exact idea, of an episode about watching television characters watching television -- but you guys know what I mean.

Thinking about it, Sam and Dean must be top notch at doing laundry, what with all the bloodstains, car grease, trying to eat sloppy food while crammed into the Impala, etc.

I also want to see them go grocery shopping, because you know that Dean is cheap as hell, but Sam apparently doesn't cook so it's not like he can really dictate what they buy. I'm picturing bickering over scenarios like:  Sam asks for green beans and Dean brings home a can of store-brand veggies, not fresh. Or:  Sam wants to try juicing and Dean brings home a bunch of bananas and one lone bag of frozen whatever-fruit-was-on-sale. Or:  Sam complains that there's never any food in the house for lunch and he's always having to run and get take out, so Dean brings home bologna, sardines, Ramen (...and Sam continues to get takeout, which leads to more bickering). Or:  Sam sees a can of spray cheese in the pantry, which must have cost $4 and is just a condiment, and wants to know why they can have that but apparently not almond milk. :P

Or:  Sam sees a can of spray cheese in the pantry, which must have cost $4 and is just a condiment, and wants to know why they can have that but apparently not almond milk. :P

I wouldn't blame him. Almond milk is good. Hubby and I decided to try it, and both hubby and I liked it better than cow milk, so that's what we use now as our regular milk. I even use it in cooking.

And who to bring back - either Kevin or Gadreel, probably. Though I guess I wouldn't mind seeing Benny again - and I'm actually surprised that I'm saying that.

Edited by AwesomO4000

I wouldn't blame him. Almond milk is good. Hubby and I decided to try it, and both hubby and I liked it better than cow milk, so that's what we use now as our regular milk. I even use it in cooking.

Almond milk is OK, but:

8xcPgtn.jpg?1 + ahZkd32.jpg?1 = 5BhidJx.jpg?1

and

SBmY48W.jpg?2+ dVnN0S9.jpg?1= TAaKG4G.jpg?1

Spray cheese is pricey, though!

Also, I've long wanted them to fill out the character of Pastor Jim. But, I'm not sure he'd fit into the tone of the show anymore.

Yeah, nowadays he'd probably have to be part of some ultra-elite secret organization *and* have some unique, world-class skill *and* be chosen by God himself/fate/destiny to [whatever]. I think it's too bad that for Bad Boys they didn't use Pastor Jim instead of making up Sonny (or have Sonny be his successor or something, so that Pastor Jim could have been in the flashbacks). But probably tons of viewers wouldn't even have known who Pastor Jim was because he hasn't been mentioned in about a decade, so *shrug.*

I think it's kinda uncertain. They made Marvatron's back door to heaven permanent so all the angels could access it again. So one would think reapers could now get the souls to heaven through the back door, but they've failed to actually address this in the show so far.

I don't think they've made it clear one way or another about whether heaven is open (maybe they haven't decided yet?).

IIrc, Hannah said the angels were wrapping up their work on Earth since Heaven was more or less back in order, so I've been guessing it is. Though regardless, I'd still like to know what's going on with Mrs. Tran even if Kevin has successfully gotten into Heaven. And how Kevin feels about leaving her in order to go to Heaven, and how he's been managing as a ghost...Lots of stuff. That was a pretty huge story that they haven't followed up on at all yet (though I think they will? eventually?).

I second getting some real closure on the Trans (or is it fourth, whatever.) Also, I've long wanted them to fill out the character of Pastor Jim. But, I'm not sure he'd fit into the tone of the show anymore.

But isn't Pastor Jim dead?  I thought he was one of the folks Meg Original Flavour offed when she was killing off their friends in an effort to get John to give up the Colt?   Though, with this show he could always be a ghost or it could be a flashback or something.

So Jensen posted this on Twitter and FACEBOOK

Is that not the Purgatory location?? And his tweet reads

Jensen Ackles ‏@JensenAckles 1h1 hour ago

This place feels familiar. #dejavu #SPN

10941429_10152568981236755_9670608878480

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1

WUT. Who looks like that?!

catrox14, this is not a spoiler. How can anyone see that picture and pay attention to the *scenery*? I'm sorry Mr. Ackles, I'm not looking at the trees in that shot. NOBODY IS.

Edited by rue721
  • Love 3

LOL I wouldn't be looking at the scenery if that gorgeous asshole hadn't tweeted...."This place looks familiar. "

Now I'm all obsessed that they are going back to Purgatory and I will be so fucking happy....

• Love 1

IA that it looks like Purgatory.

What if those are the woods from Sam's coma-scape in the S9 premiere, though? Or his coma-scape in S6, when he was searching for the other parts of his soul after his internal "wall" came down? Hmm apparently, inside Sam's head = heavily wooded public park.

I would find it hilarious if that was supposed to be a picture of Sam's mental landscape.

But yeah, I think it's actually most likely supposed to be Purgatory.

I think it's a hint that it is Purgatory because it's in black and white. Jensen is pretty clever with the camera work and such.

Also, Guy Norman Bee responded with this

Guy Norman Bee ‏@guynormanbee

@JensenAckles Lost in Purgatory... You need the Google Maps app bro!

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1

They've used that stretch of woods many times over, not sure if I would bank on it meaning a return to Purgatory, but that would be interesting. I would assume Jensen is being coy since they did film Purgatory there. They also used the same area in The Man That Knew Too Much where Clueless Sam was being stalked by Soulless Sam.

• Love 1

If it is Purgatory, I wonder if they're going there to get information or help from someone? Is there anyone in Purgatory who could know more about or help them with any of the problems that are brewing now?

If it is Purgatory, I wonder if they're going there to get information or help from someone? Is there anyone in Purgatory who could know more about or help them with any of the problems that are brewing now?

Well Benny is there and Lenore but I don't see them being any help with heaven, hell or the MoC. I thought it was wasted potential not to have angels in purgatory but just because they weren't there before doesn't mean they couldn't be now. I would think Gabriel or Raphael being archangels would have some information or be useful in some way, of course Raphael would probably rather be fried in holy oil before he'd help a Winchester or Castiel.

I'm still hoping that it's Lucifer, and that Sam will at least be going with (since he knows where the rock/door is?) If it is just someone in purgatory proper, hmm Eve? No she's too old. I really can't think of anyone who would know about the mark who wasn't a demon or Lucifer. Unless maybe they are going to get Benny for moral support - and in that case maybe only Dean would be going (I'd rather they both go).

I got nothin'.

Funny I kept thinking what if Dean decided the best way to deal with the Mark is to go to Purgatory....hmmm.

And who to bring back - either Kevin or Gadreel, probably. Though I guess I wouldn't mind seeing Benny again - and I'm actually surprised that I'm saying that.

I would love to see John, Gadreel, Benny or Gabriel.  I also wish they had fleshed out Pastor Jim.  So it will be interesting to see who the big bad is.  Not the big bad of Season 7 please...never again I won't even mention their names.

• Love 1
Funny I kept thinking what if Dean decided the best way to deal with the Mark is to go to Purgatory....hmmm.

Well, I think I joked somewhere that they could take Dean on "vacations" to purgatory, so he could kill stuff when he needs to... I can't remember where I said that though or whether I got the idea from someone else or not.

Edited to add:

Not the big bad of Season 7 please...never again I won't even mention their names.

I will! ...l loved Dick.

And Chet, and Edgar, and Leviathan Sam and Dean, and that entitled leviathan real estate lady and her assistant... I guess I liked a lot of the leviathans, myself.

Edited by AwesomO4000
  • Love 1

Maybe they are going through Purgatory to get back into Hell to find Lucifer? . 

Maybe it's neutral ground where they can have a tete-a-tete with Lucifer? Or someone else who's too powerful/dangerous to come to Earth, but who they need to make a deal or have a talk with (or even form a truce with?)? Sort of like a Supernatural Appomattox.

• Love 1

All EXCELLENT speculation! Jensen just loves to be clever with his hints, I think Purgatory is a real possibility.  How he gets there IDK. I just want him to find Benny.

And this:

WUT. Who looks like that?!

catrox14, this is not a spoiler. How can anyone see that picture and pay attention to the *scenery*? I'm sorry Mr. Ackles, I'm not looking at the trees in that shot. NOBODY IS.

Truth.  Seriously.

Episode 10.15, "The Things They Carried", description courtesy of Clarissa http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sktn7h

COLE PAYS A VISIT TO THE WINCHESTERS — Despite Dean’s (Jensen Ackles) directive to forget about looking for a cure for the Mark of Cain, Sam (Jared Padalecki) continues to do research. Dean suspects Sam is hiding something but decides to focus on a new murder case where they run into Cole (guest star Travis Aaron Wade). The three team up and learn a Khan worm is infecting men and turning them into murderers. Unfortunately, the worm makes it’s way into Cole. John Badham directed this episode written by Jenny Klein.

Khan worm!  Seriously.  They kept Dean's name for it.  Now all we need is some Jefferson Starships to show up again. 

Edited by SueB

All EXCELLENT speculation! Jensen just loves to be clever with his hints, I think Purgatory is a real possibility.  How he gets there IDK. I just want him to find Benny.

And this:

Truth.  Seriously.

Episode 10.15, "The Things They Carried", description courtesy of Clarissa http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sktn7h

Khan worm!  Seriously.  They kept Dean's name for it.  Now all we need is some Jefferson Starships to show up again. 

I don't remember the Khan worm.  Can you refresh me?

In the episode where Rufus died, "...And Then There Were None", he called the worm thing that came out of people's head a "Khan worm".  Reference to the second Star Trek movie "The Wrath of Khan", where Khan uses an indigenous "resident" of Seti Alpha V (where he was stranded) to control people.  The "resident" was a gross bug-ish creature whose babies were worm-like disgusting things that crawled in people's ears. One fell out of Chekov's ear, just like the gross thing "...And Then There Were None", hence ... Khan worm.

Looks like it WON'T involve Benny as Ty Olson tweeted:

Ty Olsson ‏@TyOlsson 3h3 hours ago

Uh what's going on @JensenAckles ? Sittin at the pub and my timeline is suddenly going crazy . Should I be looking for you #SPN ?
0 replies 0 replies
145 retweets 237 favorites
0 replies

Clearly Ty is not on set --- or is really good at avoiding spoilers.  But I think none-Benny is more likely. *sigh*