Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, SueB said:

Since they wrote the part for Danneel. I imagine it’ll suit her well.  I’m already intrigued by the one sentence we got in her.  

Boo hiss if they turn her into any kind of love interest.  I was hoping fandom was starting to get over the automatic assumption that a pretty woman of child bearing age is automatically there for a hookup. 

Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure there are 5 different fanfics written already with a single line character description.  I just want people to expect more from female characters.  

I don't think they will make her a love interest either.  But I kinda hope they do!  Just to see some fans get way overly mad about it.

19 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

Bringing this over from Public appearances:

I would be really surprised if the character will have a sex scene with anyone. The show is not really big on that. When was the last really onscreen sex scene we saw? Demon!Dean and Anne-Marie? All I can remember for the last couple years has been remarks about offscreen sex.

Right now I`d give odds 60:40 that she won`t have any interaction with Dean and 90:10 that, if she does, it will be antagonistic.

But your above scenario made me giggle because it reminded me of the DVD commentary to one of the underworld movies where the director is the husband to the main actress and when it came to the steamy onscreen sex scene, you could hear him go "um...yeah...um" in the commentary. I know everyone involved in the buiz has said that shooting those things is the most sexless, unromantic and technical affair possible. Seeing it later, though? That might be a different animal.   

ETA:  Bobby is back? Sigh. Maybe they are doing something more than the usual gimmick since the character has the potential to be different now than the one-note shtick of grumpy old guy saying "idjits" a lot. 

I always enjoy having more Bobby back--AU or not.  And by the way with Lucifer I've always thought Mark has been one of the best characters on the show--whenever he's been on he's improved the show.  About Redemption--I'm not 100% opposed if they do it well.

Edited by Jakes

As I said in another post somewhere - it wasn't so much Bobby, more the atmospheric feel that came along with Bobby that I enjoyed.  His presence always offered a sense of hunting and hunters, of dusty books for research, of a integral central figure with vast knowledge of the supernatural, and a father figure for the brothers. Plus he was Dean's drinking buddy. And Jim Beaver was the right actor in the role.  All this is missing now.  The bunker is cold, hard and its treasures rarely mentioned or utilized.  

Mark P is a good actor of course.  And Dabb's infatuated with the character.   Lucifer is way past his sell-by date, but he just won't shut him back the cage.   Time for Michael to have a go (only not that Michael in the AU, he's kinda pedestrian ).

I very much doubt Danneel will  be anyone's love interest.  But I have a feeling she might go evil and have to be done away with.  I think she'd enjoyed that.  Everyone wants to play evil.

• Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Not sure why you are picking on fandom for wondering if she could be a love interest when the show has a track record of bringing in female characters who do end up being shown as "love interests" in some way be it flirting, non con creepy sexual behavior, and the rare sexy times pairing for either brother. There is some precedence with Genevieve, regardless of story reasons, was brought back to play Jared's wife who hooked up with Sam because she  thought he was her husband.

Because of fandom’s reaction to larger casting announcements regarding women:

Rowena - I remember that speculation  

Amara - she may have had the hots for Dean but he was pretty much ‘no way’ and squicked out.  TONS of speculation on that one

Lady Bevell - rape is not a relationship.  Again tons of pre-aired speculation.  Worry if she had Dean’s love child.  

Thats about one almost per year since I’ve been watching live.  And that’s AFTER we had ‘there’s no long term relationship’ abject lessons with Lisa and Amelia.  

IMO it’s a fan ‘go-to’  and here we are again, with Danneel. There’s nothing about her character writeup to suggest romance or hookup. And yet it’s in the first two pages of speculation and all over the interwebs.

I almost feel like the writers threw in the Lady Tony rape thing just to bait fandom.   It served no story value except to demonstrate (to me at least) that she was irredeemable at that point.  

Edited by SueB
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, SueB said:

That's about one almost per year since I’ve been watching live.  And that’s AFTER we had ‘there’s no long term relationship’ abject lessons with Lisa and Amelia.

9 minutes ago, SueB said:

I almost feel like the writers threw in the Lady Tony rape thing just to bait fandom.   It served no story value except to demonstrate (to me at least) that she was irredeemable at that point.

Taken to All Episodes.

1 hour ago, SueB said:

Because of fandom’s reaction to larger casting announcements regarding women:

Rowena - I remember that speculation  

Amara - she may have had the hots for Dean but he was pretty much ‘no way’ and squicked out.  TONS of speculation on that one

Lady Bevell - rape is not a relationship.  Again tons of pre-aired speculation.  Worry if she had Dean’s love child.  

Thats about one almost per year since I’ve been watching live.  And that’s AFTER we had ‘there’s no long term relationship’ abject lessons with Lisa and Amelia.  

IMO it’s a fan ‘go-to’  and here we are again, with Danneel. There’s nothing about her character writeup to suggest romance or hookup. And yet it’s in the first two pages of speculation and all over the interwebs.

And again, all of that speculation born of the showrunners putting many if not most of the major recurring female characters in the position to be a love interest, sexual partner, teasing a being a sexual partner, femme fatale or outright rapist, etc. for the better part of 13 seasons .

s1 Jessica fridged for Sam ( I don't count Mary as a fridging because she made a deal that got her dead); Cassie was a love interest, Dean's flirtation with Amy Acker and others. Sam with Sarah.
s2- Jo was set up to be a love interest for Dean likely would have been if fandom liked her.

s3- Bela set up as love interest for Dean. And  was played as frienemies. If fandom would have accepted Bela she and Dean most certainly would have had angry sex at minimum. Oh and Sam had a sex dream about Bela; Lisa is introduced and then shown later in Dean's dream life. 
s4 - Ruby and Adult Lilith for Sam. Anna with Dean
s5 - Jo and Ellen come back and Dean hits on Jo, and then they kiss before she dies. End of the season, Dean goes to Lisa.
s6 - Lisa; The cop SS was messing around with. The sex worker with Sam.

S7: The female hunter Bobby, Dean and Sam all had sex with at some point. Charlie introduced but she's off the table because she's a lesbian. Can't think of any other female characters that had relevance in s7 which I might be forgetting.

s8: Amelia with Sam. 
s9: Hannah introduced for Castiel and in s10 IMO they teased her being a romantic interest for Castiel. April the reaper with Castiel. Abaddon, not a love interest but she absolutely was being sexually violent towards Dean. 

s10: Ann Marie with Dean. Turns out she was his "love interest"

s11: Amara had a creepy non con vibe with Dean. Eileen and Sam had flirty vibes.

s12: Lady GoFuckHerself mindraped Sam and the show never said a fucking thing about it being such. Eileen brought back and really ramped up the potential for Sam's LI only to kill her off.

The spec about Rowena, Amara and Lady GoFuckHerself was not at all unreasonable given the prior 9 seasons. And likewise, IMO, the speculation of Sister Jo being some kind of love interest/sexual partner/sexually framed character like Amara and Lady GoFuckHerself is pretty well in line with the shows predilection for putting female characters into that position.

I'm not gonna pin this on problematic fandom but fandom responding to what's gone before. YMMV

ETA: I'm not talking about blink and you miss it hook ups like the twins for Dean in s3 but parts that have some import of some kind for the boys and Castiel. Like even the waitress with Sam in s5 mattered for Sam's arc to a degree.

Edited by catrox14
for clarity
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

I would like just once for one of the brothers to walk over and look in the telescope....or even acknowledge that it is there.  I don't know why but I really want that.

Didn't Dean look through it at one time? I drawing a blank on when, but I have a distinct memory of him looking through it, shrugging and walking off. Was that someone else? 

But, yeah, I've been wishing it was integral to a case at some point. I'd just like to see the bunker be more of a character instead of just a set.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, DittyDotDot said:

Didn't Dean look through it at one time? I drawing a blank on when, but I have a distinct memory of him looking through it, shrugging and walking off. Was that someone else? 

But, yeah, I've been wishing it was integral to a case at some point. I'd just like to see the bunker be more of a character instead of just a set.

Wasn't that Ketch (or one of his men) when they were rummaging through the bunker to set up their surveillance?

1 minute ago, ahrtee said:

Wasn't that Ketch (or one of his men) when they were rummaging through the bunker to set up their surveillance?

Oh, I remember that, but I have a distinct other memory of Dean doing it and I was thinking it was a few seasons back. But, like I said, I'm drawing a blank on exactly when, so maybe it was a dream or something like that?

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

Dean looked in and around it for the bug. Ketch looked into it. I'm still convinced if they move that thing it's going to open a secret passageway or a portal.

• Love 1

Yeah, I was really hoping they'd be delving more deeply into the secrets of the Bunker this season.  I guess that's not going to happen.

I seem to have lost track of where we are in the season.  Is this Thursday's episode the mid-season finale, or are there more episodes before their winter hiatus?  And I thought that the Scooby Doo episode was supposed to be episode 13 of the season?  Evidently not.  It's been nice having new episodes every week, so I'm kind of dreading hellatus.  

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

Yeah, I was really hoping they'd be delving more deeply into the secrets of the Bunker this season.  I guess that's not going to happen.

I seem to have lost track of where we are in the season.  Is this Thursday's episode the mid-season finale, or are there more episodes before their winter hiatus?  And I thought that the Scooby Doo episode was supposed to be episode 13 of the season?  Evidently not.  It's been nice having new episodes every week, so I'm kind of dreading hellatus.  

Yes, this is the mid-season finale and the first part of the WS intro. I believe the Scooby ep is 16.

• Love 3

Hmmm not sure what to make of that. So she hits Jack and he doesn't lash out at her and instead remarks that she hit him? Sam and Dean are more afraid of Jack than she is? or does she just not know his powers? She knows something about his powers clearly when she said, "What are you?"

Edited by catrox14

She doesn`t seem to know who/what he is, just probably witnessed him displaying some powers in the jailbreak scene. Jack seemed more stumped by her hitting him than anything else. Going by previous scenes, I presumes he feels no physical pain so that wouldn`t be enough to get him mad and activate his powers. Which, btw, he seems to be killing people accidentally now, without even realizing it. He probably left this Derek as a vegetable somewhere. 

Again, Jack is still a nougat baby, what makes him dangerous is his superpowers that he uses equally baby-like, without real understanding or control.  

Anything on the Supernatural mid-season finale? I can’t wait for more Jack! — Jane
Yes, Jack is back, and he’s on a mission that will introduce him to newcomer Kaia, a dreamwalker. But there’s still the question of whether Jack is good or bad, which will be answered — at least for the time being — by episode’s end. Also by episode’s end? A major cliffhanger that will set the stage for the Wayward Sisters backdoor pilot. Let’s just say it’s something Sam and Dean have never dealt with before.

Source

Let me guess, the answer is: Jack is good.  Anything else would be stupid after the set-up. And the fact that Jack is around after this episode, presumably still helping. Or trying to. And will be around to facilitate the Scooby Doo hijinks, no doubt.

Cliffhanger? Another portal to another AU world (or to the first AU world) opened. Boys swallowed by it. Leading to Wayward crowd going after them and then setting up shop at the permanent nexus.

I`m laughing at the "never dealt with before" description though. We saw the pictures for episode 10, it looks like a saturated woodland area where they are. Yes, I``ve certainly never seen THAT before on the show. Dean and Sam have never been to other worlds and stuff like that. Come on.    

• Love 4

Sister Jo is a faith healer who catches Lucifer’s interest. If this storyline is somehow linked to sister Agnes and the book of the damned, I’ll be a happy camper. 

Edited by Mia-667
9 hours ago, goldy said:

Supernatural bosses talk The Bad Place cliffhanger, Wayward Sisters

http://ew.com/tv/2017/12/07/supernatural-season-13-midseason-finale-the-bad-place-wayward-sisters/

Just when you think there aren’t any more stories to tell, you all open the possibility of multiple other worlds.
DABB: It’s going to be great when we get to the world where everyone is the exact same, it’s the same world, but everyone’s voice is six octaves higher. That’s the only difference. That episode is coming in season 17 and it’s going to be great. [Laughs]

Lol!  Misha will be happy, I'm sure! ;)

• Love 2

I would watch the shit out of that episode... but I suspect Dabb is joking.  However I AM looking forward to Scooby Doo world.

Can't wait for Mama Winchester and Jack scenes. I kinda want him to hug her when he rescues her -- even though she has no clue who he is.  

• Love 1

Supernatural: Claire and Kaia find Sam and Dean in new Wayward Sistersphoto

http://ew.com/tv/2017/12/08/supernatural-wayward-sisters-photo/

It’s time for Claire (Kathryn Newton) to head home. After hunting monsters on her own, Jimmy Novak’s daughter will make her way back to Sioux Falls, S.D., in the backdoor pilot for Wayward Sisters, the potential Supernatural spin-off.

Airing during Supernatural‘s 13th season, Wayward follows what executive producer Robert Berens calls a “prodigal-return narrative,” as Claire, a recurring character on the flagship series, is reunited with two other familiar faces: Jody (Kim Rhodes), her caretaker of sorts, and Alex (Katherine Ramdeen), her sister of sorts. She’ll also meet the recently introduced Patience (Clark Backo), a psychic, and Kaia (Yadira Guevara-Prip), a dreamwalker. Together with Supernatural fan favorite Donna Hanscum (Briana Buckmaster), the women form the #squadgoals of supernatural hunting. That is, if Claire stays. “The core of the pilot is her internal conflict between being with the team and trying to be on her own,” Newton says.

But for Supernatural fans, the answer is obvious: Join the team! After all, when Jody first took in Alex in season 9 (followed by Claire in season 10), fans started clamoring for a spin-off. And the writers understood why. “This was the first time we looked at supporting characters, saw the chemistry, and went, ‘There’s another show here,’” executive producer Andrew Dabb says. But considering that the show’s last spin-off attempt, Supernatural: Bloodlines, failed, the writers were extra cautious about the venture before deciding Wayward was too good to pass up. By pilot’s end, let’s hope Claire agrees.

qnnzfr.jpg

• Love 2
9 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Kind of curious that Clif tagged JDM and Genevieve on a set photo.  Hmmmm

If it was just Gen I’d automatically assume she’s visiting Jared and leave it at that, but JDM doesn’t seem the type to just pop in for a random visit. Could we be getting returns of Ruby and John? Even if only for an episode via flashback? 

18 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

The Boy Who Would Be King ... Someone wants to be Cas junior haha

To be fair, that's what SPN Tape ball said. Not Alex. I think it's just a joke about being King of the World like from Titanic.

1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

So, this suggests Jack is still in Apocalypse World in 12.13? That's what they're filming right now, right?

Which, I thought it was somewhat weird Jack used the term "Apocalypse World" in The Bad Place.

Edited by DittyDotDot
27 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

To be fair, that's what SPN Tape ball said. Not Alex. I think it's just a joke about being King of the World like from Titanic.

Oh I get that! I’m just joking about because I’ll probsbly always associate the phrase “The Man Who Would Be...” with Cas haha

7 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

Oh I get that! I’m just joking about because I’ll probsbly always associate the phrase “The Man Who Would Be...” with Cas haha

Oh I made that same connection. I thought you were saying that alex was jonesing after Misha's job LOL which I was like eek I doubt it

55 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Oh I made that same connection. I thought you were saying that alex was jonesing after Misha's job LOL which I was like eek I doubt it

He does have Misha’s job? Well not Misha’s job but he’s a series regular like Misha already. I was more jokingly referring to the fact Jack has stated he sees Castiel as his father. It was a badly worded joke, sorry.  

So, there was some talk in the We Kneed to Talk About Kevin thread about Leviathan being created and locked away before humans and what the Levis ate without humans existing...dinosaurs was posited by someone a while back--sorry don't remember the thread or who it was. Anyway, perhaps "the bad place" is a universe where the Levis were never locked up and humanity was never created? Maybe dinosaurs still exist there because the Levis learned to curb their appetite? 

I don't know, just got me to thinking.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, DittyDotDot said:

So, there was some talk in the We Kneed to Talk About Kevin thread about Leviathan being created and locked away before humans and what the Levis ate without humans existing...dinosaurs was posited by someone a while back--sorry don't remember the thread or who it was. Anyway, perhaps "the bad place" is a universe where the Levis were never locked up and humanity was never created? Maybe dinosaurs still exist there because the Levis learned to curb their appetite? 

I don't know, just got me to thinking.

Creative thinking there.

• Love 1

I'm not sure who this  person is but she is a former Miss Canada and is deaf. I don't know if she's an actor on the show or just visiting the set or what. If she's an actor I wonder if she is there as a friend to Eileen? Curious.

ETA: She is an activist for the deaf community.

http://casarjacobson.com/

Edited by catrox14

https://www.cloverdalereporter.com/entertainment/video-supernatural-stars-in-downtown-cloverdale-for-day-two-of-filming/

Day two of filming for TV show Supernatural has hit downtown Cloverdale.

FOR MORE: Cloverdale gets ‘Supernatural’ as fog, film crews descend

The crew constructed a faux burger shop and a gazebo in Hawthorne Square at 5755 176 Street and on Tuesday morning, Mark Pellegrino, who plays Supernatural’s Lucifer, was seen filming close shots.

Later in the afternoon, Jensen Ackles (Dean Winchester), Jared Padalecki (Sam Winchester) and Misha Collins (Castiel) were seen on set rehearsing takes.

A small group of fans gathered on the street opposite from filming to view the action.

Supernatural fans in d/t #cloverdale checking out the action. Apparently the Devil has come to town! @yvrshoots @CloverdaleNews @CityofSurrey @creativebcs @SurreyNowLeader @DiscoverSurrey @pulse1077 @CloverdaleRodeo pic.twitter.com/iDeEG1Ion7

— Paul Orazietti (@Paradeguy) December 12, 2017

The filming is expected to move to 5780 176A Street to film exterior shots in the afternoon before wrapping at 4:30 p.m. Crew will return on Wednesday to restore the Christmas decorations on 176 Street, which they took down to film this week.

http://streaming-colo.blackpress.ca:5080/live/streams/transcoded_vods/20171212203057-1211.mp4.mp4

#Supernatural filming in downtown #Cloverdale this morning. Crew built a very nice gazebo. (Can we keep it?) pic.twitter.com/ioR1FPyTxS

— Sam Anderson (@sam_andrsn) December 12, 2017

Filming close shots of Mark Pellegrino (Lucifer) today. Bit chilly out, but we let some crew know where to get good coffee. pic.twitter.com/kHmWT4DaaV

— Sam Anderson (@sam_andrsn) December 12, 2017

Have great photos or video of the filming? Let us know by contacting editor@cloverdalereporter.com or by tweeting us at @CloverdaleNews.

editor@cloverdalereporter.com
Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter

Previous

SURREY EVENTS GUIDE for Dec. 13 and beyond

Next

Country-rockers Blackjack Billy to play ‘Raise ‘Em Up’ New Year’s Eve party

Just Posted

VIDEO: ‘Supernatural’ stars in downtown Cloverdale for day two of filming

Mark Pellegrino, Jensen Ackles, Misha Collins, Jared Padalecki spotted on 176 Street

https://www.cloverdalereporter.com/entertainment/video-cloverdale-gets-supernatural-as-fog-film-crews-descend/

9708579_web1_171211-CLR-M-film_credit.jp

Between the fog and the film crews, Cloverdale is feeling pretty Supernatural today.

The cast and crew of the hit American fantasy-horror TV series Supernatural is filming scenes for Season 13’s episode “Devil’s Bargain” on Monday and Tuesday along 176 Street in the downtown core.

Crews were on site last night to take down Christmas lights and wreaths that would have been in the shot. They hung flower baskets instead.

The popular TV series follows the Winchester brothers as they hunt the things that goes bump in the night. The two brothers, played by actors Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki, face off against supernatural creatures, from gods to monsters and everything in between.

On Monday morning, an actress could be seen rollerblading down the sidewalk past Elena’s Country Kitchen, narrowly missing pedestrians until she came to a stop by crashing into an actor holding a cake.

The series, which is filmed in Vancouver and the Lower Mainland, will be filming on site today in front of Elena’s Country Kitchen until 11:30 a.m., and will then shoot from noon to 3:30 p.m. in the alleyway behind Nana’s Antiques.