Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

Just now, Wayward Son said:

I wouldn’t blame Jack for the rift opening the first time as that was apparently some sort of instinctual thing, but if he purposely opens the portal a second time (which the synopsis suggests he and Kaia will) then the blame for fallout of that opening lies with Kaia and Jack. They made the decision to reopen it no one else. 

I still don't blame Jack though because he's trying to make Sam and Dean happy by getting to Mary. Of course it will have unintended consequences. I guess I just don't get your argument that Jack is there to make the boys squeaky clean. I mean it's already been said that Jack is messed up because of Dean. Doesn't sound like Dean is getting out of anything. And we don't know yet what plans Billie has for them. They might both end up as reapers LOL

2 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I still don't blame Jack though because he's trying to make Sam and Dean happy by getting to Mary. Of course it will have unintended consequences. I guess I just don't get your argument that Jack is there to make the boys squeaky clean. I mean it's already been said that Jack is messed up because of Dean. Doesn't sound like Dean is getting out of anything. And we don't know yet what plans Billie has for them. They might both end up as reapers LOL

Gonna reply in the bitter spoilers thread just to be safe. 

From the Ratings thread regarding the possibility of a crossover event if Wayward Sisters gets picked up...

7 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

If Wayward gets picked up and the two shows run concurrently, I predict at least 1 x-over episodes per Season. It`s a studio/network dream and probably the production crews` nightmare.  :) 

I guess that depends on a number of factors, one being that Wayward Sisters ends up being set in the same universe as Supernatural. I mean, it's in the Supernatural verse, but there's been some speculation that Wayward Sisters might be set in an alternate reality. Personally, I hope not for the same reason that Bobby in the alternate did basically nothing for me--it wasn't our Bobby. But, they may set it in an alternate universe as a way to explain why Sam and Dean aren't showing up all the time when shit hits the fan in Sioux Falls, North Dakota where their good friend Jodi lives. I don't think they need to make it that complicated, myself--Jodi is competent and I can imagine Sam and Dean thinking she can handle things and will call if she can't--but this show has a tendency to do just that at times.

• Love 1

I think it would be a network mandate in which case it would happen no matter what. The writers would simply be tasked with a "make it work". 

Fox made it happen with one of the craziest pairing up of shows ever so a mothership and spin-off show are prime hunting ground.

I`m honestly a bit surprised, considering the DC-verse has the literal Multiverse with different Earths where all kinds of shenanigans can take place, that they haven`t argued for - at least all the Warner-produced - shows to do a mega x-over. The Earth where Supernatural is happening could easily be part of that multiverse.  And both Arrow and Legends have magic in them. I wonder, considering they are going to do Scooby-Doo, if they will at least do a wink wink nudge nudge to the idea that Earth Supernatural is like Earth 82 of the multiverse or something.  

Then again, the vampire shows would have seemed like an even more likely option and they never went there. 

Edited by Aeryn13
4 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

I think it would be a network mandate in which case it would happen no matter what. The writers would simply be tasked with a "make it work". 

Fox made it happen with one of the craziest pairing up of shows ever so a mothership and spin-off show are prime hunting ground.

I`m honestly a bit surprised, considering the DC-verse has the literal Multiverse with different Earths where all kinds of shenanigans can take place, that they haven`t argued for - at least all the Warner-produced - shows to do a mega x-over. The Earth where Supernatural is happening could easily be part of that multiverse.  And both Arrow and Legends have magic in them. I wonder, considering they are going to do Scooby-Doo, if they will at least do a wink wink nudge nudge to the idea that Earth Supernatural is like Earth 82 of the multiverse or something.  

Then again, the vampire shows would have seemed like an even more likely option and they never went there. 

Yeah, when they introduced magic on Arrow, I remember saying to a friend that they could totally do a crossover with Arrow now and it make perfect sense. They have similar tones to their shows already so it wouldn't be that much of a stretch for fans from either side, IMO. The Flash/Legends of Tomorrow might be more difficult simply because they're more science-driven, but can still happen if they wanted.

Anyway, I'm not suggesting it can't happen at all with Wayward Sisters if they are in an alternate universe, but they might be trying to set it up so they can't just cross back and forth too easily for many different reasons. 

My personal thought is that if the show gets picked up they shouldn't do any crossover events for the first season. I think the new show needs to establish itself separately first and prove it can stand on it's own two legs before it starts doing that sort of thing. But, that's me

http://tvline.com/2017/11/17/the-good-doctor-season-1-spoilers-fired-leaving/

Alexander Calvert is doing a smashing job in the role. —Karen C
Ausiello: Although Jack is focusing on himself after this week’s episode, he hasn’t forgotten about his pals the Winchesters and their quest to free Mary from the apocalypse world. “You’re definitely going to see Jack try [to open up the portal],” Calvert shares. “He knows, ultimately, that the thing that’s driving Sam and Dean is their mother, and the way that Jack can be of service to them is to open that up and help Sam and Dean complete their journey.”

Well it won't work, as as far as we know Mary is still staying in the AU world and won't be freed yet. Because Kevin and Bobby are expected back, as are other's but neither have showed up yet. And I haven't heard of Sam Smith on set. Whatever Jack does is the problem that will happen for the spin-off build up. 

I'm wondering if she will stay trapped much longer until the last 7 episodes or later?

None of this is really all that surprising.  We knew Jack would re-open the rift at some point.  It's been so pleasant  this season not having to deal with Lucifer that I'm really not looking forward to the AU portion of our story.  But there has to be some higher purpose for Jack then just sidekick to Sam and Dean, so I think he'll be charged with getting the AU straightened out by season's end.  What else are they going to do with him?  He's too powerful to just hang out in the Bunker for the rest of his life.  

I like the character, and I'm actually enjoying the mentoring by Sam and Dean way more than I thought I would.  I almost wish that Jack were just a human whose family had been killed or something, and he was determined to exact his revenge and learn to be a hunter, so Sam and Dean take him in.  More in keeping with the whole AMOL that some of us hoped they'd explore this season.  

I can't say I have any interest in the ultimate smack down between Lucifer and new Michael.  Ho hum is all I have to say to that.  The AU isn't a terribly interesting place, and watching a bunch of fighting will get boring pretty quickly, as least for me.  But my guess is that will take up most of the second half of the season.  

• Love 2
6 hours ago, nightwing877 said:

And I haven't heard of Sam Smith on set.

Samantha Smith actually posted a tweet about being in Vancouver around the time episode 9 was filmed (it was filmed between October 13 to November 3) so it is possible that we'll see a brief scene of Mary in the AU.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, nightwing877 said:

Well it won't work, as as far as we know Mary is still staying in the AU world and won't be freed yet. Because Kevin and Bobby are expected back, as are other's but neither have showed up yet. And I haven't heard of Sam Smith on set. Whatever Jack does is the problem that will happen for the spin-off build up. 

I'm wondering if she will stay trapped much longer until the last 7 episodes or later?

We know Lucifer gets out of the AU by mid-season because he and Cass make a deal not long after we come back from the mid-season hiatus. And, they've talked about Michael crossing over as well, so I wouldn't be surprised if to see Mary back in our universe by then too. However, I also wouldn't be surprised if she is still trapped over there until the end of the season too. With Michael gone, maybe there's a power shift in the AU for the humans?

Anyway, I think Jack might be too successful in opening the rift.

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 1

According to the spoiler sheet   AU-Kevin Tran will be in the next episode. Since it`s gonna feature a scene of AU!Michael t orturing Lucifer and Lucifer subsequently escaping, Kevin is probably gonna be involved somehow, shedding some more light on the AU world. Then Lucifer already gets back - somehow - because he interacts with Cas in, I presume, our world. 

Don`t quite know about the logistics of it. From the promo we also know the brothers will be fighting some more angels. And possibly Asmodeus flunky demons. 

Since Alex Calvert is listed for the ep, we will also see Jack on his "find myself" quest. 

6 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Don`t quite know about the logistics of it. From the promo we also know the brothers will be fighting some more angels. And possibly Asmodeus flunky demons. 

I live for angels and flunky demons, so bring it on!!!  Seriously, you'd think if they'd have learned one thing in 13 years, it's that the whiny ass demons and bitchy angels are boring as hell!

Poor Cas, his flaunted return is sort of a dud, and then he immediately gets to make another deal with Lucifer.  Please let it be a deal where Cas doesn't just sacrifice himself for the cause.  I want him to actually be clever and get the upper hand.  Is that too much to ask?

• Love 1

Poor Cas, his flaunted return is sort of a dud, and then he immediately gets to make another deal with Lucifer. 

I don`t get how Lucifer gets back already. But if the two actors interact, how else is that gonna happen? Unless there will be some Empty!Cas reveal after all. That should be one entity who has the power to move between worlds. But in that case, why make a deal with Lucy unless it`s a ploy?

Oh well, it`s Bucklemming, why am I searching for logic in it? This is the definition of crazy. 

• Love 1

I'm presuming that Cas doesn't have the power to fight Asmodeus and that's why he goes to Lucifer, because they will have to work together to save Jack. It's possible they go to Heaven to enlist Heaven's help to rescue Jack. I am also not going to be the least surprised if Cas sacrifices himself for Jack.

16 hours ago, MysteryGuest said:

I live for angels and flunky demons, so bring it on!!!  Seriously, you'd think if they'd have learned one thing in 13 years, it's that the whiny ass demons and bitchy angels are boring as hell!

Poor Cas, his flaunted return is sort of a dud, and then he immediately gets to make another deal with Lucifer.  Please let it be a deal where Cas doesn't just sacrifice himself for the cause.  I want him to actually be clever and get the upper hand.  Is that too much to ask?

I don't think Cas's return was a dud at all--it was a good, solid episode and a good reunion and the ratings were very strong for his advertised comeback. 

• Love 2
On 18/11/2017 at 8:15 PM, goldy said:

Samantha Smith actually posted a tweet about being in Vancouver around the time episode 9 was filmed (it was filmed between October 13 to November 3) so it is possible that we'll see a brief scene of Mary in the AU.

Aww thanks. So looks like we will see her in the AU, but pretty certain she isn't freed. Otherwise she would of been on set for the latest episodes filming now. And she wouldn't just disappear and take off again after having returned, but it wouldn't be a surprise if she did. 

21 hours ago, DittyDotDot said:

We know Lucifer gets out of the AU by mid-season because he and Cass make a deal not long after we come back from the mid-season hiatus. And, they've talked about Michael crossing over as well, so I wouldn't be surprised if to see Mary back in our universe by then too. However, I also wouldn't be surprised if she is still trapped over there until the end of the season too. With Michael gone, maybe there's a power shift in the AU for the humans?

Anyway, I think Jack might be too successful in opening the rift.

Or perhaps Mary decides to stay in the Au to help the humans and doesn't leave for now. With Michael Gone, maybe she wants to help them. Because if Jack is successful in opening why would she not leave, unless she is dead and or the rift closes before she makes it out. 

But wouldn't surprise me if she stays trapped. Because they kept saying how we will meet plenty of other dead characters in the AU. And only Kevin has been confirmed and appeared. So we may meet more in the back half. 

20 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

According to the spoiler sheet   AU-Kevin Tran will be in the next episode. Since it`s gonna feature a scene of AU!Michael t orturing Lucifer and Lucifer subsequently escaping, Kevin is probably gonna be involved somehow, shedding some more light on the AU world. Then Lucifer already gets back - somehow - because he interacts with Cas in, I presume, our world. 

Since Alex Calvert is listed for the ep, we will also see Jack on his "find myself" quest. 

Aww so we do see Kevin Tran next week. 

We have gotten so much Jack for the first half, that his character is most likely going to be less frequent in the second half. Seeing as so far he misses only 2 episodes according to this spoiler sheet. I'd be surprised he appears in more than 13 episodes. That leaves only 6 episode's for him to appear in the rest of the season, but he might be in more than the usual 13 for supporting cast.

I've had a sneaking suspicion, that Jack, Lucifer and Mary willvbe involved in the spinoff. And Jack may actually join the spinoff a series regular when can float between it and the mother ship.

I thought it was curious that one if the Js said he had a big responsibility which sounds like a bigger thing than just Lucifer's son.

I think Jack is going back to the lake house to try to open  the rift again but won't be able to do it. I think he'll go check on the sheriff's son and that he will know the girl who can cross dimensions. 

Or he tries to open the rift and this girl shows up because she sensed his attempt.I think The sheriff will know Jody and somehow Jack ends up with interdimensional girl in Sioux Falls. Then he somehow does something to open a rift in Sioux Falls.

Samand Dean go there to help Jody. jack opens the rift and the boys go through with Cas to save Jack and Mary.

I think that's why it's being said that the spinoff will be 'what happens when the Winchesters are not in this plane of existence.

Did they actually say that the spinoff would be in an AU?  Or just that the ep(s) where it's being set up is at a time when the boys are "not in those plane of existence" (I'm assuming *they're* in the AU) so the Sisters have to fight on their own without Winchester help?  TBH, I can't imagine Jody and her crew being stuck permanently (willingly or not) in an AU, or the boys leaving them there.  They're just not experienced enough, ApocalypseAU is way too grim/dangerous, and if they're going to go the more normal CW route, they'll need normal teenage angst instead of relentless fighting.

37 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

one if the Js said he had a big responsibility

I don't remember this (but a lot of posts lately have just zipped past me).  Which J said it and when (and in what context?)

The other thing that no one seems to be talking about (for the rest of this season, at least, and possibly the setup for next year's Big Bad)  the Shedim (?), since they made such a big fuss about them being so bad, and that Asmodeus wants desperately to free them.  So maybe Cas and Lucifer make a pact to work together to get rid of Michael this season and are faced with Asmodeus and his Shedim minions next season (can't you see Cas, in the very last scene of the season, instead of crying out "Leviathan!", now calling "Shedim!1!"?)  :( 

19 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

Did they actually say that the spinoff would be in an AU?  Or just that the ep(s) where it's being set up is at a time when the boys are "not in those plane of existence" (I'm assuming *they're* in the AU) so the Sisters have to fight on their own without Winchester help?  TBH, I can't imagine Jody and her crew being stuck permanently (willingly or not) in an AU, or the boys leaving them there.  They're just not experienced enough, ApocalypseAU is way too grim/dangerous, and if they're going to go the more normal CW route, they'll need normal teenage angst instead of relentless fighting.

No, they didn't say it would be set in the AU nor did I intend to imply that. Sorry if I did. 

I'm saying that  I think part of the spinoff will be launched via the AU story, which is why I mentioned the boys going into the rift to take them off the playing field so that Jody & Co have to up their game as hunters. 

3 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

No, they didn't say it would be set in the AU nor did I intend to imply that. Sorry if I did. 

I'm saying that  I think part of the spinoff will be launched via the AU story, which is why I mentioned the boys going into the rift to take them off the playing field so that Jody & Co have to up their game as hunters. 

Sorry, it's not you.  I may be misunderstanding (I haven't been paying very close attention to a lot lately :) ) but I thought I'd heard WS being in the (or *an*) AU discussed by others here.  I'm probably just hallucinating! :)

7 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

Sorry, it's not you.  I may be misunderstanding (I haven't been paying very close attention to a lot lately :) ) but I thought I'd heard WS being in the (or *an*) AU discussed by others here.  I'm probably just hallucinating! :)

There's been some speculation that Wayward Sisters might be set in and alternate universe. Not necessarily the alternate where Mary currently is, but that Jack opens a door to a completely different universe that has this different show. I'm not sure I buy this yet, but can see why others are thinking it. And, it makes a certain amount of sense if they want the show to be mostly independent of the mothership. Still, Jodi and Company wouldn't be our Jodi and Company, so I'm not sure they'd do that... .

I think it more likely that, like @catrox14 says, the mid-season finale will be Jack opening the rift and Sam and Dean ending on the other side long enough for Wayward Sisters to happen in this universe. 

Edited by DittyDotDot
5 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

No, I can see how what I wrote was a bit confusing LOL.

I think the speculation  came about because of the comment of  'Winchesters not on this plane of existence" which was said by someone attached to the show.  I can't recollect if it was Dabb or one of the other producers or who. I think that got viewers to wonder if that meant WS was in the AU vs the AU SL being the catalyst for the WS to have to take up the hunter role more expeditiously. I think it's the latter.

I would not be surprised if Wayward was attached to an AU -- what would be the point of a interdimensional rift character plus Billie's warnings if not to make that more of a 'thing'. And it explains why Sam and Dean are not there.  Bobo Berens said as much in an interview (maybe the iTunes thing?) a while back.

Edited by SueB
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, SueB said:

I would not be surprised if Wayward was attached to an AU -- what would be the point of a interdimensional rift character plus Billie's warnings if not to make that more of a 'thing'. And it explains why Sam and Dean are not there.  Bobo Berens said as much in an interview (maybe the iTunes thing?) a while back.

I think I would hate that, aside from the obvious "no Sam and Dean potential visits."  But from the women's POV, I'd be awfully homesick to be trapped someplace where I know nobody, with no way home (unless that's the point of the show, trying to get home; but that seems to go against the monster hunting theme they're pushing.)  At least most of the girls are orphans, but Patience, Jody and Donna still have family and connections in our world, and I don't think they'd be happy somewhere else, even if it's *almost* ours (like the French Mistake's Bizarro world, only this time with monsters.)  Or are you thinking there'll be multiple interdimensional incursions, and the women wind up (or travel to) different AUs  to fix things?  Hasn't that been done many times already...though without the monsters?  :)

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, SueB said:

I've been thinking it might be a multidimensional rift since they have the girl that can walk between worlds and allows them more "space" to find stories and more people and things that can come through the rift, too.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

I think I would hate that, aside from the obvious "no Sam and Dean potential visits."  But from the women's POV, I'd be awfully homesick to be trapped someplace where I know nobody, with no way home (unless that's the point of the show, trying to get home; but that seems to go against the monster hunting theme they're pushing.)  At least most of the girls are orphans, but Patience, Jody and Donna still have family and connections in our world, and I don't think they'd be happy somewhere else, even if it's *almost* ours (like the French Mistake's Bizarro world, only this time with monsters.)  Or are you thinking there'll be multiple interdimensional incursions, and the women wind up (or travel to) different AUs  to fix things?  Hasn't that been done many times already...though without the monsters?  :)

They've said it's a "hellmouth" (a Buffy reference).  I'm thinking that it's a spot in OUR universe that requires constant monitoring to prevent incursions between other universes and interdimensional travel IS required.  BUT I think the boys can't just sit in one spot managing this spot.  If they can't close it for good, they have to have someone stay on top of it.  And that's Jodio (Jodes, Jodie, Sheriff Mills)... sorry, went into Donna Hanscombe mode.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, SueB said:

They've said it's a "hellmouth" (a Buffy reference).  I'm thinking that it's a spot in OUR universe that requires constant monitoring to prevent incursions between other universes and interdimensional travel IS required.  BUT I think the boys can't just sit in one spot managing this spot.  If they can't close it for good, they have to have someone stay on top of it.  And that's Jodio (Jodes, Jodie, Sheriff Mills)... sorry, went into Donna Hanscombe mode.

Well, that makes more sense (I guess.)  The show has already talked about "hellgates" (supposedly doors directly into hell) but I'm not sure what they'd do about interdimensional universes (they're some kind of cosmic TSA agents, or police at some Men in Black checkpoint to keep out any intergalactic/interdimensional trespassers?)   I'm a little dubious about how that would work or how interesting it would be to watch, especially if there has to be a crisis every week.  

I'm also assuming it's due to another "rift" caused by Jack (or a consequence of something he did) which means he should be angsting over closing it, which also doesn't really appeal to me.  But maybe I'm wrong!

1 hour ago, ahrtee said:

I'm thinking it's going to be like Torchwood. They had a rift in space and time in Cardiff, Wales and various entities from dimensions and worlds came through the Rift. The Torchwood team would have to deal with those on a weekly basis in Cardiff and Wales. Which I dunno was fun for Torchwood.

The problem is making it so Dean and Sam can't go and help them all the time nor the reverse. So I'm wondering if they might do something like Sam and Dean trying to get back from the AU results in Jack's powers  accidentally putting  South Dakota and Kansas into separated universes essentially, like they no longer can no longer cross between SD and KS. That forces WS to  become full hunters on their side. Sam and Dean continue to hunt on their side but they can't help each other without opening the Rift which could have dire universe calamity if they try to do it.

If my scenario happens it would be interesting if the Apocalpyse World is accessible by both sides.

Edited by catrox14
40 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

Well, that makes more sense (I guess.)  The show has already talked about "hellgates" (supposedly doors directly into hell) but I'm not sure what they'd do about interdimensional universes (they're some kind of cosmic TSA agents, or police at some Men in Black checkpoint to keep out any intergalactic/interdimensional trespassers?)   I'm a little dubious about how that would work or how interesting it would be to watch, especially if there has to be a crisis every week.  

I'm also assuming it's due to another "rift" caused by Jack (or a consequence of something he did) which means he should be angsting over closing it, which also doesn't really appeal to me.  But maybe I'm wrong!

Maybe naming Spawn "Jack" is a nod to Jack Harkness, and the rift is similar to the one in Cardiff that allows all manner of strange things to happen in its radius. *g* The Wayward Whatevers are the new Torchwood.

Ha!! @catrox14  great minds! I was typing when you posted, I swear lol.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

The problem is making it so Dean and Sam can't go and help them all the time nor the reverse. So I'm wondering if they might do something like Sam and Dean trying to get back from the AU results in Jack's powers  accidentally putting  South Dakota and Kansas into separated universes essentially, like they no longer can no longer cross between SD and KS

Hmm...more like Minnesota and SD, considering who we're dealing with.  But I think residents of Wyoming or Nebraska might notice if a few states were missing :) 

Personally, I don't see why they have to be in other universes.  The boys won't drop everything every time something happens, or it would seem kind of patronizing to keep checking on them.  The fact that Sam called Jody to take care of a monster by herself shows--or I assume was the setup to show--that the WSs can handle things on their own, and will only call on the boys when they need backup or for an emergency, like other hunters.  I can see the boys dropping in too often in the beginning, and Jody telling them in no uncertain terms that "we can handle ourselves very well, thank you very much, and we'll call if we need you."  

1 minute ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Maybe naming Spawn "Jack" is a nod to Jack Harkness, and the rift is similar to the one in Cardiff that allows all manner of strange things to happen in its radius. *g* The Wayward Whatevers are the new Torchwood.

Sorry, never watched Torchwood, so I'll have to take everyone's word for the similarities! :)

I just wish people would come up with *new* ideas instead of reinventing the wheel.  

9 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Ha!! @catrox14  great minds! I was typing when you posted, I swear lol.

LOOL that's really funny!! Great minds indeed! 

OH MAYBE that's how we'll get a John Barrowman appearance in SPN LOL

Just now, ahrtee said:

Hmm...more like Minnesota and SD, considering who we're dealing with.  But I think residents of Wyoming or Nebraska might notice if a few states were missing :)

I don't understand. Doesn't Jody live in Sioux Falls, SD? Did she move to Hibbing?

I'm not saying the states go missing. I'm saying that they get isolated from each other via the Rift. Like Kansas is still there but they can't get to it anymore. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

Personally, I don't see why they have to be in other universes.  The boys won't drop everything every time something happens, or it would seem kind of patronizing to keep checking on them.  The fact that Sam called Jody to take care of a monster by herself shows--or I assume was the setup to show--that the WSs can handle things on their own, and will only call on the boys when they need backup or for an emergency, like other hunters.  I can see the boys dropping in too often in the beginning, and Jody telling them in no uncertain terms that "we can handle ourselves very well, thank you very much, and we'll call if we need you."  

I don't want the boys to be told to stop trying to help and I don't want them to come across as patronizing by saying "OKAY YOU ARE HUNTERS NOW".

IMO it's better to split them artificially without making either side weak or overbearing to do it.

1 minute ago, Wayward Son said:

And then I can get my wish of John Barrowman playing a Castiel love interest :D 

BOOOO! NO NO NO NO! Destiel4Ever(seriously my shipper heart disapproves!)

Maybe JB will be show up from the Scottish Men of Letters ChapterHouse to find out what happened to an entire division that just disappeared. LOL

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

! NO NO NO NO! Destiel4Ever(seriously my shipper heart disapproves!)

Sorry, but you know even if canon Destiel were a thing, I’d rather Cas got with someone who’d put him before anyone else. 

And no I don’t expect Dean to change. Sam will always be his number one and it’d be OOC for that to suddenly change. Doesn’t mean I can’t want different for Cas though ;) 

5 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I don't understand. Doesn't Jody live in Sioux Falls, SD? Did she move to Hibbing?

I'm not saying the states go missing. I'm saying that they get isolated from each other via the Rift. Like Kansas is still there but they can't get to it anymore. 

Sorry.  I was thinking, with Jody in SD and Donna in MN right next door, that if any states were to get "cut off" it would be those two, especially since they *are* right next to each other.  

But I still think people would be puzzled if all of a sudden they couldn't get to either state.

I don't want the boys to be told to stop trying to help and I don't want them to come across as patronizing by saying "OKAY YOU ARE HUNTERS NOW".

IMO it's better to split them artificially without making either side weak or overbearing to do it.

See, I think it's the opposite.  I have no problem with them being available to be called for emergencies (kind of like Bobby);  but once Jody and the others feel confident enough, they wouldn't want someone checking up on them all the time.  IMO that's patronizing, by not allowing them to say, "I know what I'm doing, and I'll call if I need help," and then trusting them enough to do that.   

I understand that it's more dramatic to have them *unable* to call for help; but IMO that's a cliched trope that just insinuates that they wouldn't be able to work on their own without frequently calling for help OR that the boys wouldn't trust them to do things right.  Neither one shows any trust in the women's abilities to manage on their own unless they're *forced* to.  JMO.

10 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

Sorry, but you know even if canon Destiel were a thing, I’d rather Cas got with someone who’d put him before anyone else. 

I'm just gonna say agree to disagree (not about canon Destiel cause that won't ever happen) but the rest of it and leave it at that :)

• Love 1

I'm just gonna say agree to disagree (not about canon Destiel cause that won't ever happen) but the rest of it and leave it at that :)

Fair enough. 

Although honestly my stuff about Dean isn’t an extremely an anti-Destiel based thing or even anti-Dean. IMO neither Sam or Dean are capable of forming healthy long term relationships due to the messed up and all consuming nature of the bond between them. Relationships need commitment, trust and a willingness to put your partner first neither brother is capable of providing. 

I’ll stop here since we are off topic for this thread, but if anyone wants to discuss further please feel free to reply in the relationships thread :) 

Just now, ahrtee said:

I understand that it's more dramatic to have them *unable* to call for help; but IMO that's a cliched trope that just insinuates that they wouldn't be able to work on their own without frequently calling for help OR that the boys wouldn't trust them to do things right.  Neither one shows any trust in the women's abilities to manage on their own unless they're *forced* to.  JMO.

I think the artificial separation eliminates either side coming off badly. Like that totally out of left field comment to Patience from Jody when Dean is just giving a noob sound advice to take a normal life if you can get it which was twisted into "Don't listen to him if you don't want to". 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, ahrtee said:

But I still think people would be puzzled if all of a sudden they couldn't get to either state.

Yeah, I don't know how the rest of the country would be oblivious to a state or two going missing. I certainly hope they just leave it to Jodi to handle and don't try to over-complicate it and put it in a different universe. Jodi is competent and smart enough to know when she needs reinforcements and to act otherwise is a disservice to her as a character. 

12 hours ago, catrox14 said:

I think the artificial separation eliminates either side coming off badly. Like that totally out of left field comment to Patience from Jody when Dean is just giving a noob sound advice to take a normal life if you can get it which was twisted into "Don't listen to him if you don't want to". 

Well, I think Jodi was right, Patience doesn't have to listen to Dean or anyone else. Dean gave her his opinion, but he's not the boss of her nor is anyone else. She's basically an adult and needs to start making decisions for herself and I think that was a very positive message Jodi gave Patience, myself.

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

It might work that way for some minor issues, but I still think it's cliched and unnecessary. So, agree to disagree.

18 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Like that totally out of left field comment to Patience from Jody when Dean is just giving a noob sound advice to take a normal life if you can get it which was twisted into "Don't listen to him if you don't want to". 

Yeah that irked me a bit. Dean wasn't trying to tell her how to live her life just giving his opinion. Since he has basically been hunting since he was a kid I don't think that he was out of line for saying it. Jody's "don't listen to him" was annoying because it was good advice. She could have told Patience to make her own decision without discounting what Dean had to say.

Edited by DeeDee79
  • Love 4

I wonder if Donna is going to move to Sioux Falls, or is she going to remain a supporting character like Cas and not be in all episodes. I can't see all six women being in every episode. Bobby lived in the town too, so I fully expect him show up in flashbacks or even a past case like he did with Rufus. I just know Bobby's history has a connection to this town too. 

I really hope that sherif from benders returns. I'm surprised she wasn't at the sheriff's retreat in 911?

I could see Jack showing up on WS from time to time. Knowing CW they will pair him up with one of the girls as a love interest. I hope not, but this is CW. I can also see Cas showing up. I don't think the boys have to pop up so often, if they needed help maybe the boys sent Jack or Cas to help, maybe even Mary if she isn't dead by then.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Wayward Son said:

I can’t help but defend my beloved Buffy Summers, but I’d feel that description only applies to the earliest seasons of the show. By the end of season 3 and most certainly by the beginning of season 5 she had fully embraced her status as the Slayer and actively embraced her life. She was no more “woe is me” than Sam and Dean are “woe is me” in the face of personal and hunting/slaying related issues IMO.

As I mentioned in a post above I actually think there were two aspects of that conversation. Should Patience enter the hunting life and should Patience embrace her gifts? IMO Jody was referring to embracing her psychic abilities since she states 

Your gift… or maybe you’re right, maybe it’ll go away. But if it doesn’t? You try to force it down to make someone else happy, you will only make yourself miserable. It’s your choice.

Her gift isn’t a hunting life nor does embracing ones psychic abilities equally mean you have to use them to hunt down monsters. I’d agree Dean advising not to become a hunter is sound advice. However, the advice she just ignore the psychic abilities and hope they go away not so much. At the very least she should try to learn to control them rather than spend the rest of her life unexpectedly and unwillingly zoning out all the time to have a vision. 

I liked Buffy as well but did get tired of the whining after awhile. 

The problem that Dean and her dad saw with Patience using her natural gift was exactly what happened in her episode and in all of the psychic episodes of Supernatural. It attracts evil things or turns you evil so while it's all well and good to say, "you be you girl! and ignore that tyrannical male figure trying to change you," the episode blatantly explained why Dean was right about suppressing her "gift" if she wanted any kind of normal, AKA die bloody, die early like your grandmother life. Jody who knows how many people Dean has lost and lost a few herself, early and bloody as hell, like her son and husband, was being very unrealistic, naive, and placing feminism above reason and experience with the stuff she was selling right in front of a devastated, grieving hunter while talking to a girl who just lost her grandmother in a similar fashion to save said girl, theoretically. So if it wasn't a recruiting platitude, Jody was being damn irresponsible IMO. That's what I found wrong with it and yet this is what a lot of women see as "feminism" and a great lesson for young women today IMO. Feminism shouldn't equal proving men wrong at all costs, including intelligence and self-preservation instinct. 

Of course, I might just be hoping too much for the return of Old Supernatural where hunting was actually a dangerous career that couldn't be learned through luck and the internet.

• Love 5

As a reminde- this is a SPOILER thread, ie, a p,ace to discuss stuff that hasn’t happened yet. This is not the place to rehash old episodes. If you want to do that go to that specific episode thread. Lots of posts removed for being off-topic.