Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, catrox14 said:

it make a me wonder if Cas won't be subjected to another reprogramming stint under the guise of Joshua going him so he can't even get out of heaven to help. oh maybe Dean has to try and save Cas from Heaven? that might be interesting.

That would be interesting because it would give Dean something exciting to do. On the other hand it could be aggravating because we'd be getting yet another segment of the angels and their neverending punishment of Cas. Also it would suck if Joshua turns out to be another dick angel after he seemed so nice when he was shown before.

• Love 1

I firmly believe Joshua is a good guy. I think they used his name to lure Cas in and it's not going to be good.  If he's not there for the confrontation w/ Kelly then he's likely trapped and being punished.  I'm seriously concerned about what happened to him.

I'm not REMOTELY worried Misha will be off the show.  

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, DeeDee79 said:

That would be interesting because it would give Dean something exciting to do. On the other hand it could be aggravating because we'd be getting yet another segment of the angels and their neverending punishment of Cas. Also it would suck if Joshua turns out to be another dick angel after he seemed so nice when he was shown before.

No, sorry, I meant that Kelvin was lying about Joshua. Not that Joshua was bad.

3 hours ago, catrox14 said:

No, sorry, I meant that Kelvin was lying about Joshua. Not that Joshua was bad.

Ok but that would also suck because Kelvin would be yet another angry angel out for vengeance. It seems that when you factor in any storyline involving angels and Cas it always turns out to be torture and/or blame to go along with it which is unfortunate. I'm hoping that they won't go down that road yet again but considering how none of my hopes have panned out this season I don't think that this one will either.

3 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

I saw a post on Tumblr that said the Witch Twins will be back for episode 20.

I wonder if they will be in the BMoL's sites - if they are going after all witches after they finished with the vampires and werewolves in the area?  Or if they join up with the BMoL as hunters?  I hope they don't die like poor Wally.  (RIP Wally.)

• Love 1

You know......what really bugs me is that Sam and Dean aren't, evidently even bothering to research the BMOL. I mean seriously. Shouldn't they  have put Donna and Jody on some kind of recon? Seriously, this is so stupid when I think about it. Why are they just taking them at their word for any of this?

• Love 3
8 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

I saw a post on Tumblr that said the Witch Twins will be back for episode 20.

I liked the twins but I hope that they're not brought back just to kill them off because of their relation to a witch. I'm so sick of interesting characters being killed just to further the plot.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, catrox14 said:

You know......what really bugs me is that Sam and Dean aren't, evidently even bothering to research the BMOL. I mean seriously. Shouldn't they  have put Donna and Jody on some kind of recon? Seriously, this is so stupid when I think about it. Why are they just taking them at their word for any of this?

Well, they did try to do some research earlier in the season - when they found that one redacted document.  I guess they just gave up then?  "Welp - hit a brick wall, guess there's nothing else to see here."  I agree it seems ridiculous that they're not still trying to find out more about them.  

• Love 2
On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 8:35 AM, Diane said:

I couldn't remember where this was being discussed, but found this on:

http://supernatural.wikia.com/wiki/Season_12

This is the first season to have 5 series regulars as Mark Pellegrino has been promoted as of Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell.  This season marks his first season as a series regular, since he was a guest in all his previous appearances.

Diane, I'm your friend, listen to me. Don't go on Super-wiki!!! You'll never come out. I've been there all week!

Edited by Mick Lady
there, they're, their
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Mick Lady said:

Diane, I'm your friend, listen to me. Don't go on Super-wiki!!! You'll never come out. I've been there all week!

Lol, walk away from the Super-wiki!!! I am ok been working at JCPenneys at night so no time. 

• Love 2
On 18/03/2017 at 1:26 AM, DeeDee79 said:

That would be interesting because it would give Dean something exciting to do

Dean wouldn't even attempt that alone and of course Sam would want to help. So it it comes about it wouldn't just be a story for Dean. Why does every story concerning Cas have to just involve Dean? Dean and Sam are BOTH Cas's friends. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Geordiegirl1967 said:

Dean wouldn't even attempt that alone and of course Sam would want to help. So it it comes about it wouldn't just be a story for Dean. Why does every story concerning Cas have to just involve Dean? Dean and Sam are BOTH Cas's friends. 

Since I presented the idea, Dean wouldn't need Sam especially if Sam and Mary are busy with the BMOL, primarily. What possible difference does it make if Sam does his thing with Mary and Dean does his thing with Cas.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Dean wouldn't need Sam

Why wouldn't Dean need Sam? Why on earth would he attempt a dangerous rescue mission to heaven on his own for no reason? There is also no reason to think Sam will be going off with Mary and without Dean anyway. But even if he did, there's no way he'd ignore a call from Dean to help rescue Cas. 

4 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

What possible difference does it make if Sam does his thing with Mary and Dean does his thing with Cas.

Because it doesn't make any sense in the context of the show and it would require characters to act in ways that don't make sense. 

And the 'difference it makes' (speaking for myself) is that this isn't the show I want to watch or (IMO) the show the writers, Js etc want to give us. There is not a big audience out there for a show where Dean works with Cas/Crowley/Benny/or any other version of not-Sam while Sam works with Mary or alone or whatever. Sam and Dean's chemistry and relationship is still I believe the main draw of the show and the reason it is still on the air after 12 years. They are not going to change the premis of the show at this stage. And if they did I'd be out of here along with lots of others.

Just now, Geordiegirl1967 said:

Why wouldn't Dean need Sam? Why on earth would he attempt a dangerous rescue mission to heaven on his own for no reason? There is also no reason to think Sam will be going off with Mary and without Dean anyway. But even if he did, there's no way he'd ignore a call from Dean to help rescue Cas. 

Because it doesn't make any sense in the context of the show and it would require characters to act in ways that don't make sense. 

And the 'difference it makes' (speaking for myself) is that this isn't the show I want to watch or (IMO) the show the writers, Js etc want to give us. There is not a big audience out there for a show where Dean works with Cas/Crowley/Benny/or any other version of not-Sam while Sam works with Mary or alone or whatever. Sam and Dean's chemistry and relationship is still I believe the main draw of the show and the reason it is still on the air after 12 years. They are not going to change the premis of the show at this stage. And if they did I'd be out of here along with lots of others.

Not all viewers watch for the same reasons. It's good there is variety for everyone. 

IMO I think Sam might be tempted to utilize the BMOL and given their mission of ridding the world of supernatural creatures, I think Cas would be in more danger if Sam were involved.  IMO this needs to be a Dean stealth mission.  YMMV

• Love 2

Mod Note:

A reminder for everyone to be respectful of their fellow posters; a few posts that were contentious have been hidden. If you feel a post has violated our Be Civil rule please report it rather than respond. If you find another poster's opinions irritating then we'd like to suggest using the ignore function.

• Love 3

In regards to separating the brothers, I think I've said this before but my opinion is as follows. 

It has been written into J2s contracts that they are to get more time off to spend with their families. They've said as such at cons so a decreased Sam and Dean focus is going to occur no matter what. Fans just have to accept that and respect Jensen and Jared's decision. 

Therefore, to accommodate for this the writers have two choices. 

1) Have multiple separate storylines in episodes that feature all, or at least the majority of the main cast, i.e J2 and M3. So there would be a Sam and Dean storyline, a Cas storyline and a Lucifer and Crowley storyline or some other variation. I'm not necessarily opposed to this approach for some episodes, but the sad fact is most of the attempts to do so have flopped. Mainly because the storyline themselves have been boring or the characters they've bought in to support the Cas and Crowley storylines have been generic and sub-standard. So this approach could work, but so far the writers haven't displayed the skill required to make it do so.

2) Seperate the brothers more often and allow for a more mixed interaction of the main cast be it scenes with Sam/Dean, Dean/Cas, Dean/Crowley, Sam/Cas,  Sam/Crowley Dean/Lucifer Sam/Lucifer and Crowley/Lucifer. This approach would mean we should have more scenes involving J2 just they wouldn't both be in all the scenes. So instead of say 20 minutes of Sam and Dean and then the other 20 focused on Cas, Crowley and Lucifer. We could have 30 minutes worth of scenes which star at least one brother minimising the leads complete absence from the narrative. 

In my opinion this approach has worked well in the past for episodes such as First Born and Free to Be You and Me or ensemble pieces like Abandon All Hope and Stuck in the Middle (With You). So until the writers prove they've learnt how to make approach one work, approach two is definitely my preferred method of dealing with the decreased J2 issue.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Wayward Son said:

It has been written into J2s contracts that they are to get more time off to spend with their families. They've said as such at cons so a decreased Sam and Dean focus is going to occur no matter what. Fans just have to accept that and respect Jensen and Jared's decision. 

They negotiated this years ago. I don't think there is any evidence that, apart from for the births of their babies this season, this will get any worse than it has been for the last 3 or 4 years.

As for your 2 options

1) Have multiple separate storylines in episodes that feature all, or at least the majority of the main cast, i.e J2 and M3. So there would be a Sam and Dean storyline, a Cas storyline and a Lucifer and Crowley storyline or some other variation. I'm not necessarily opposed to this approach for some episodes, but the sad fact is most of the attempts to do so have flopped. Mainly because the storyline themselves have been boring or the characters they've bought in to support the Cas and Crowley storylines have been generic and sub-standard. So this approach could work, but so far the writers haven't displayed the skill required to make it do so.

I agree they have not done this well. Partly because they long ago ran out of ideas of what to do with Cas, and Crowley's story potential is limited as he is still a bad(ish) guy. Same goes for Lucifer. It would have been easier if they hadn't killed off loads of the good characters with potential; Bobby, Rufus (could watch them bicker all day), Ellen and Jo and Ash, Pamela, Kevin, Charlie....I could go on and on. 

2) Seperate the brothers more often and allow for a more mixed interaction of the main cast be it scenes with Sam/Dean, Dean/Cas, Dean/Crowley, Sam/Cas,  Sam/Crowley Dean/Lucifer Sam/Lucifer and Crowley/Lucifer. This approach would mean we should have more scenes involving J2 just they wouldn't both be in all the scenes. So instead of say 20 minutes of Sam and Dean and then the other 20 focused on Cas, Crowley and Lucifer. We could have 30 minutes worth of scenes which star at least one brother minimising the leads complete absence from the narrative. 

However this is my worst possible option. I would rather watch 20 mins of S&D together then 20 mins of boring filler than 40 mins of 'Sam does X while D does Y'. It is possible to separate them and it still be focused on their relationship. Good examples include The Benders, Scarecrow and Time after Time. The first 2 eps of this season had the potential for the boys to be separated but for it still to be enjoyable for those of us that watch for their relationship - but Dabb blew it IMO. That wasn't because he didn't have the Js for enough time. It was because the eps were poorly written. Same went for while Dean was in Purgatory, but again Carver made it a destruction of the bond and Sam's character rather than an opportunity to showcase it. The brothers relationship has been poorly served this season IMO but not because of the availability of the Jared and Jensen, because of the poor writing. Many scenes they were both in have been wasted.

I know I am speaking from my perspective about what I want to watch and that not everyone shares that. But if the various factions in the fandom have proved anything over the years it is that that we are prepared to live on scraps. One decent, moving, true to character, emotional scene between the brothers every 3rd or 4 ep would keep me going. Fans of Cas/Dean have been surviving on 2 or 3 scenes a season for years. All the writers need to do is put some quality effort into the writing, use their imagination and give everyone a bit of what they want. For example 2 people (Sam and Dean, either of them with Mary, either of them with Cas etc) can have an emotionally meaningful conversation over the phone. I would love 2 or 3 eps a season focused on Sam and Dean as children / teenagers. No need for Jared and Jensen but still focused on the brothers. I'd happily watch, say, a flashback ep of Bobby and Rufus or Jodie, Donna and the girls or a whole ep of Cas's backstory if I got some decent brotherly stuff in between. 

In my opinion this approach has worked well in the past for episodes such as First Born and Free to Be You and Me

Got to disagree with you here. Apart from the appalling 'I nearly gave up on the show' awfulness of Citizen Fang, FTBYAM is my least favourite ep in the whole 12 seasons of SPN. I cannot stand it. AAH was great though.

1 minute ago, Wayward Son said:

I feel like I'm missing a joke? Haha

I took Sue's remark to be "it's been too long since we've had some new good spoilers to speculate upon" 

I built on that with the 'SOON' meme and I added the 84 years meme from Titanic.

At least that's what I was going for LOL. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I took Sue's remark to be "it's been too long since we've had some new good spoilers to speculate upon" 

I built on that with the 'SOON' meme and I added the 84 years meme from Titanic.

At least that's what I was going for LOL. 

Ooohhhh 

Now I feel stupid -hides off in corner- 

And yes I hate the lack of spoilers to discuss thanks to the hell that is hiatus

• Love 1

I took Sue's remark that the post were not spoilers or speculation about spoilers.  My take is the post had wondered off topic and she was looking for spoilers (on topic).

Edited by Diane
I can't type today
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Diane said:

I took Sue's remark that the post were not spoilers or speculation about spoilers.  My take is the post had wondered off topic and she was look for spoilers (on topic).

IMO, discussing the potential direction any plot or character arcs might take or arise because of actors schedules and filming falls under speculation. To me those posts were more speculation built off my speculation as to what role Dean might have going forward WRT go to Cas going to Heaven but not telling anyone he did that.  YMMV

• Love 2
1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

IMO, discussing the potential direction any plot or character arcs might take or arise because of actors schedules and filming falls under speculation. To me those posts were more speculation built off my speculation as to what role Dean might have going forward WRT go to Cas going to Heaven but not telling anyone he did that.  YMMV

I agree with YMMV but having gone back and read almost a page worth of post, my point of view little to no spoilers and mostly speculation was all I was saying. I am only guessing at what Sue meant.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Geordiegirl1967 said:

I am probably being really dense here and will kick myself when you tell me - but what does this stand for?

No worries, I had to ask at the beginning too. Your mileage may vary.

26 minutes ago, Diane said:

I agree with YMMV but having gone back and read almost a page worth of post, my point of view little to no spoilers and mostly speculation was all I was saying. I am only guessing at what Sue meant.

I've never taken Spoilers With Speculation to mean ONLY speculation of specific spoilers but rather more like Spoilers go here and the speculation  includes spoilers and general speculation.  I guess to me that's just part and parcel of this thread given the precious few spoilers we really do get about this show.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I've never taken Spoilers With Speculation to mean ONLY speculation of specific spoilers but rather more like Spoilers go here and the speculation  includes spoilers and general speculation.  I guess to me that's just part and parcel of this thread given the precious few spoilers we really do get about this show.

I'm not saying anyone is doing anything wrong, nor do I think that's what Diane was saying. I just read SueB's comment as Diane did, "off topic chatter."

BTW, there is a speculation only thread too.

• Love 1
Just now, DittyDotDot said:

I'm not saying anyone is doing anything wrong, nor do I think that's what Diane was saying. I just read SueB's comment as Diane did, "off topic chatter."

You are correct I was not accusing anyone.

2 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

It's a spoiler free zone. If there is any discussion of potential filming schedules, actor use,  etc that would be considered spoilery so it would still end up back in the Spoilers with Speculation thread, theoretically.  

• Love 1

I have to agree with @catrox14 that speculation that involves mention of actor usage and the direction of the show belongs in this thread. 

IMO it is understandable that the speculation vs spoiler ratio is unbalanced at the moment. Due to hiatus, we aren't receiving new weekly promos, stills etc so there's no new spoilers to speculate about. 

(edited)

...these are not the droids you're looking for... move along, move along....

1) I meant it as Diane AND catrox suggested. First that there was nothing but pure speculation (which IMO really wasn't what this thread is for) and two, that it has been a long time..... so, my post was LAYERED.  Like an onion. Or Ogres.

2) My love of movie and TV references has NO BOUNDS.

3) I agree with DDD... move along...

UPDATES from Ibelieveinthelittletreetopper:

Episode 12x18 

Title: The Memory Remains

Written by: John Bring

Director:  Phil Sgriccia

Got the episode title.

Episode 12x21

According to a tweet from Jason Fisher, a big shocker is coming in this ep. (x)

Jason Fischer tweet shows a picture of the script cover that says E#1221

DAMN! Brace accordingly. #supernatural #spnfamily

Currently filming.  I'm betting the shocker is about what happened to Cas in Heaven.  It's B-L, so it's likely to have mytharc implications. And likely to be over-packed.

I think we already knew Toni is back and Kelly Kline is in the last episode.

Personally, I think they will wrap BMoL (IF it wraps rather than morphs...) in 12x22 and cliffhanger Lucifer's Demon Love Child in 12x23.

Edited by SueB
  • Love 1

Potential unpopular opinion here, but if Lucifer's demon love child morphs into some good old fashioned, conniving, evil Crowley plotting, I'm entirely on board. More unpopular opinion: I don't mind Lucifer... especially if he turns into a pawn for Crowley, because 1) new direction for the character and 2) it should bite Crowley in the ass later... hopefully through the "denim clad nightmares."

And I want the BMoL gone (I'm sick of this Sam is a naive dupe plot) way more than Lucifer. I'm actually interested to see if they are going to make Lucifer's child evil or not, what Crowley's plans are, are Sam and Dean going to figure it out before it's too late, or will Crowley just get too big for his britches, or maybe (and even better) both. Oh... and what will happen with Rowena? What will she think of all of this and whose side will she fall on?

Basically if that's the direction - i.e. wrap up the BMoL and onward with Lucifer's spawn - then I'm buying that train ticket ... woo woo. Save me a seat in the dining car.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, AwesomO4000 said:

Potential unpopular opinion here, but if Lucifer's demon love child morphs into some good old fashioned, conniving, evil Crowley plotting, I'm entirely on board. More unpopular opinion: I don't mind Lucifer... especially if he turns into a pawn for Crowley, because 1) new direction for the character and 2) it should bite Crowley in the ass later... hopefully through the "denim clad nightmares."

And I want the BMoL gone (I'm sick of this Sam is a naive dupe plot) way more than Lucifer. I'm actually interested to see if they are going to make Lucifer's child evil or not, what Crowley's plans are, are Sam and Dean going to figure it out before it's too late, or will Crowley just get too big for his britches, or maybe (and even better) both. Oh... and what will happen with Rowena? What will she think of all of this and whose side will she fall on?

Basically if that's the direction - i.e. wrap up the BMoL and onward with Lucifer's spawn - then I'm buying that train ticket ... woo woo. Save me a seat in the dining car.

Red or White wine?  I'll pre-order for us.

Actually, I'm hoping that this BMoL plot MORPHS rather than just goes away.  I'd like to see some variant where Sam takes over some elements of centralizing lore and sharing it with hunters ala BMoL.  Something that improves hunter's chances of survival at a minimum.  I want Dean on-board and helping.  And maybe making some devices.  I want the Brits back on their own soil and simply cooperating with us.  And, for dessert, I want genocide and cruel techniques OFF the table.  The boys may know they exist but I'd like them to NOT spread Monster WMD's to random hunters.  This seems like a BAD idea.  

• Love 2

Since Mick Scrappy Doo`s along in the episode after the one with Claire, it seems pretty much a given he will be convinced to not follow BMOL protocol and kill her instantly. She will be either saved or live as a werewolf like Garth but my money would be on saved to impress Mick more. That`s probably also why he goes and not Ketch. That guy doesn`t need to learn any kind of ropes of hunting and he would gleefully kill Claire.   

6 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Since Mick Scrappy Doo`s along in the episode after the one with Claire, it seems pretty much a given he will be convinced to not follow BMOL protocol and kill her instantly. She will be either saved or live as a werewolf like Garth but my money would be on saved to impress Mick more. That`s probably also why he goes and not Ketch. That guy doesn`t need to learn any kind of ropes of hunting and he would gleefully kill Claire.   

I hope so.  I don't want Claire to die to prove a point to the boys.  They would be motivated by the other dead bodies left behind if they only knew about them. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, AwesomO4000 said:

While I don't want Sam to be made to look foolish, I would be fine with the BMOL storyline continuing into next season.  I'll pretty much take anything over Lucifer being around for another year.  He's already made half of this season's episodes pretty much unwatchable for me, and I don't want that to happen next year, too.  

32 minutes ago, SueB said:

I hope so.  I don't want Claire to die to prove a point to the boys.  They would be motivated by the other dead bodies left behind if they only knew about them. 

So much no, do not want times infinity.

Do we know the gender of the devil spawn yet? I'd say they can't possibly do another evil little girl story, so if it's a girl chances are good it's fine, as in not evil but who knows.

*waits patiently for @SueB to sprinkle some optimism dust my way*

• Love 2
Just now, trxr4kids said:

Do we know the gender of the devil spawn yet? I'd say they can't possibly do another evil little girl story, so if it's a girl chances are good it's fine, as in not evil but who knows.

It's a boy. Dagon confirms she's carrying a son during Family Feud.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, trxr4kids said:

I can't oblige.  I HOPE Dabb has learned the lesson post Charlie but there's no guarantee.  I really hope she's okay.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SueB said:

I don't want Claire to die to prove a point to the boys. 

I'm not sure if it's just me tying to be hopeful here, but...good grief, I hope not. I just assumed they'd find a solution which would show the Brits that you don't need to kill EVERYTHING, sometimes you can save them.

Or as Dean told Krissy, "Hunting isn't always about killing."

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

I'm not sure if it's just me tying to be hopeful here, but...good grief, I hope not. I just assumed they'd find a solution which would show the Brits that you don't need to kill EVERYTHING, sometimes you can save them.

Or as Dean told Krissy, "Hunting isn't always about killing."

Killing Claire would put Cas on a path to go after the BMOL.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, SueB said:

Actually, I'm hoping that this BMoL plot MORPHS rather than just goes away.

1 hour ago, MysteryGuest said:

While I don't want Sam to be made to look foolish, I would be fine with the BMOL storyline continuing into next season.

I should clarify that it's the BMoL storyline in it's current form that I most object to... so I guess if it morphs I might be alright with it. However, it would have to morph a lot - along the lines of how SueB described - or it won't work for me. I'm also not sure how those changes can be made without somehow making Sam look like a rube first. It's going to be a very thin line for me in that regard.

And as for Lucifer, I will also clarify that I am liking him in reference to Crowley's story. I don't think I'd want him out and about on his own, but as long as he's being used somehow by Crowley for some nefarious plot, I'm all for that. For me Crowley is Crowley, and I don't think he can handle being this "fluffy" and helpful, before it just goes too far against his nature and bad Crowley rebels... I think that time is a comin'. And I say bring it on.

• Love 1