Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, SueB said:

A bad employee at the Gas & Sip? Just Kidding. 

I think they'll have to break canon for this one, unless she's over 2000 years old. Because Cas hadn't been on earth for 2000 years before he gripped Dean tight and raised him from Perdition.  So, either a really old witch or something else.  Plain human would surprise me.

Maybe she's an angel who worked for Zachariah or Naomi who participated in Cas' reprogramming stints, then fell to Earth and remained living as a human. 

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1

But if she is an angel, she shouldn't have a last name. It's the last name that is throwing me. Because even if she was an angel that had a last name as an alias, her real character name would be an angel name of some sort... which wouldn't include a last name.

3 minutes ago, AwesomO4000 said:

But if she is an angel, she shouldn't have a last name. It's the last name that is throwing me. Because even if she was an angel that had a last name as an alias, her real character name would be an angel name of some sort... which wouldn't include a last name.

Maybe they just want to release the alias she's using until the episode reveals "SURPRISE" she's an angel.

11 hours ago, rue721 said:

I doubt she's a get. I watch TWD and I don't even remember who she was on that show. To be fair, I'm not a huge fan of TWD or anything but come on.

But that's the thing. Her appearance on TWD was heavily publicized/promoted. I didn't even know who she was but, Access Freaking Hollywood was talking about her appearance on TWD as if this was a huge deal.  Imagine my surprise when her big heavily promoted appearance on TWD was a one and done.

If she was a "get" for TWD, I would think the same for SPN. I just wasn't sure since the CW has a different audience than AMC 

Edited by Morrigan2575
9 hours ago, SueB said:

A bad employee at the Gas & Sip? Just Kidding. 

I think they'll have to break canon for this one, unless she's over 2000 years old. Because Cas hadn't been on earth for 2000 years before he gripped Dean tight and raised him from Perdition.  So, either a really old witch or something else.  Plain human would surprise me.

It could be her vessel's name? I mean, Anna Milton was the name her "parents" gave her when she was reborn as a human, but Cass and Uriel called her Anna as though that was her name as an angel. We never learned her angel name, did we? Even past-Uriel called her Anna. Which now that I think about it, that's weird because he's calling her by a name she hadn't even been given yet. Hmm?

Anyway, it could be she's a bizzarro Anna, of sorts. I mean, Anna wasn't really an enemy to Cass, not really. 

Or it simply could be she is a monster of some kind we've never seen before?

ETA: Never mind, didn't see another page. I see @Demented Daisy already went there and did it in less words. I should've known! ;)

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 1

I liked Alicia Witt in Justified, she might be interesting opposite Castiel. She's not young & insipid, so she's automatically an improvement over Ladywhat'sherface. JMO

ed: Since she's not the usual CW young knockout, I hope that doesn't mean she plays a crone!

Edited by auntvi
1 hour ago, Diane said:

Sweater Dean is far more sexy than he should be.

17 minutes ago, Demented Daisy said:

Oh dear.  Are they trying to be therapists again?

Lol!  I was just thinking the same things!  

Please tell me that is not Sam tied up AGAIN.  And I guess Dean/Mom have to come rescue him AGAIN.  

1 hour ago, Diane said:

Ugh, bad humans scare the hell out of me.

I actually find the bad humans much scarier than the 'regular' monsters.  

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

Please tell me that is not Sam tied up AGAIN.  And I guess Dean/Mom have to come rescue him AGAIN.  

I actually find the bad humans much scarier than the 'regular' monsters.  

I agree with Sam. Yes, bad humans are much worse than the "regular' monsters at least to me.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, Demented Daisy said:

Oh dear.  Are they trying to be therapists again?

I think I read a spoiler somewhere that they are pretending to be social workers in this episode.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, goldy said:

I think I read a spoiler somewhere that they are pretending to be social workers in this episode.

Hmm.  Meh, whatever works.  

Anyone know when this was filmed?  How those two don't melt in all those layers is beyond me.  (Early in the season, anyway.)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Diane said:

Sweater Dean is far more sexy than he should be.

I was not looking at his sweater...LOL  O_O

Also, he's looking quite beefy as in solid.  I mean he has a sweater and shirt and his arm muscles are really popping. Dang.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1
Just now, Demented Daisy said:

Hmm.  Meh, whatever works.  

Anyone know when this was filmed?  How those two don't melt in all those layers is beyond me.  (Early in the season, anyway.)

It was filmed around the time they were doing the EW cover shoot. Around the end of August if i'm not mistaken.

10 minutes ago, goldy said:

It was filmed around the time they were doing the EW cover shoot. Around the end of August if i'm not mistaken.

Yikes.  Good thing I never pursued acting after high school (apart from some community theatre in my 20's).  I would have passed out if I had to stand there in a sweater, in August!

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, Demented Daisy said:

Yikes.  Good thing I never pursued acting after high school (apart from some community theatre in my 20's).  I would have passed out if I had to stand there in a sweater, in August!

Eh, it's Vancouver. Even when it's warm, it's cold! ;)

2 hours ago, Diane said:

I love a good creepy human story. I can't wait. Besides, those pictures have me really excited. The overall look of the show so far this season is really working for me.

But, forget about that sweater...did you notice Dean's plaid slacks? It's the little details that make them such good con-artists! ;)

• Love 3
1 hour ago, DittyDotDot said:

Eh, it's Vancouver. Even when it's warm, it's cold! ;)

I love a good creepy human story. I can't wait. Besides, those pictures have me really excited. The overall look of the show so far this season is really working for me.

But, forget about that sweater...did you notice Dean's plaid slacks? It's the little details that make them such good con-artists! ;)

Good grief not sure how I missed the pants, lol.

• Love 1

Supernatural Season 12 Episode 6 "Celebrating the Life of Asa Fox” (Episode will air on November 17th.)

http://www.spoilersguide.com/supernatural/season-12-episode-6-celebrating-the-life-of-asa-fox-guide/

When hunters gather together to celebrate the life and tragic death of one of their own, Sam (Jared Padalecki) Dean (Jensen Ackles) and Mary (guest star Samantha Smith) must take action when a demon starts picking off hunters one by one.

38 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

Does seem a tad foolish to for a bunch of hunters to gather together for anything. I mean, they have enemies, right?

It is. But the show also showed hunters gather together back in S2 at Jo and Ellen's bar "The Roadhouse" so I guess its not that unusual...

Just now, goldy said:

It is. But the show also showed hunters gather together back in S2 at Jo and Ellen's bar "The Roadhouse" so I guess its not that unusual...

It wasn't a criticism, I'm really looking forward to the episode, but I was wondering how they'd make a hunter's wake a case. They basically did the "class reunion" trope. Which should be fun, IMO.

48 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

It wasn't a criticism, I'm really looking forward to the episode, but I was wondering how they'd make a hunter's wake a case. They basically did the "class reunion" trope. Which should be fun, IMO.

Oh, I know that you didn't mean it as criticism :)  I was just pointing out that while I agree with you, the show had hunters gather together before. I guess hunters while they are very smart they are also kinda fearless which is why they don't hesitant to do so.

I also think it would be a fun episode. But I wonder how a demon would know about the hunters gathering together. Maybe it has something to do with what Toni said about some of the hunters being "compromised". I also remember reading that in this episode we will meet two new hunters; a brother and a sister working together. I wonder what role they'll play in this episode.

If Mary's back by episode 6, at least for the funeral, then do we assume she's had a change of heart and come back, or does she just show up for the funeral?  I wonder if this Asa person is actually one of Mary's peers from her hunting days, rather than the boys?  Could be interesting. 

17 minutes ago, goldy said:

I also think it would be a fun episode. But I wonder how a demon would know about the hunters gathering together. Maybe it has something to do with what Toni said about some of the hunters being "compromised". I also remember reading that in this episode we will meet two new hunters; a brother and a sister working together. I wonder what role they'll play in this episode.

It could be the demon killed the hunter being "waked" knowing a bunch more hunters would show up? You're probably right about the "compromised" hunter though. That does make sense in the context of the season. I'd forgotten about the brother/sister hunter duo, though. That could be very interesting.

Anyway, next three or four episodes are all penned by new writers. It's should be interesting to see who they are and what they bring to the show.

4 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

If Mary's back by episode 6, at least for the funeral, then do we assume she's had a change of heart and come back, or does she just show up for the funeral?  

Maybe a mix of both? I'm guessing Mary will realize she made a mistake by running off, but I'm not sure she comes back to the bunker or if they don't just happen to meet her at the funeral--or that they go to the wake simply because they think she might be there. Regardless, I'm guessing by the end of the episode they come to some sort of "we're family and stronger together" agreement.

I think what will ultimately happen is she stay with Jodi for a bit and it will be more of an agreeable for all of them. This way, she's safe and they know how to get in touch with her, but she has some space and support to help her adjust.

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm about to land so I'll make this brief:

- I think there is going to be several months (in show) between the end of The Foundry and the episode with the funeral.  I don't know if we'll get a time jump in one episode ("Dean,its been weeks since she left" kind of comment) or multiple.  

Alpha and Omega was clearly in spring.  The foundry was a week later.   We need to get to Fall. And this gives Mary time to adjust.

I think its possible that Mary's "happy ending" is back in Heaven.  I wonder if Billy takes her in the mid-season start-up to right the balance of the universe.  They may be setting up Sam and Dean to realize this is okay.  

And a hunter's funeral goes right along the theme of everybody eventually dies.  

Edited by SueB
  • Love 1

Hmm. In theory, I'd be OK with Mary choosing heaven, but not as it has been depicted in SPN. SPN-verse heaven is certainly miles better than the alternative, and provides a pleasant way to pass eternity. But it is also, at least for most people, essentially a lovely fantasy. Mary wasn't in heaven with her real family, she was in a simulation. Even the John she was with there wasn't really John, or else she would know he was a hunter. 

As with everything else, the show isn't consistent when it comes to heaven. It seemed like Amelia Novak was actually being reunited with Jimmy when she died. Ash had figured out some way of manipulating his heaven, and seemed to be able to meet new people and keep an eye on earth. But Bobby's heaven is very much a gilded cage -- he's content enough, but is champing at the bit to be a part of the real world again (and, of course, gets thrown in prison for breaking out. Which has never been addressed, by the way). 

The idea of Mary choosing to wind up living in one house in fake-Lawrence with a baby Sam and child Dean who never age is pretty horrific to me, and there is no way I'd accept it as any kind of happy ending. If she needed to die to restore the balance, that would be another issue, but in that case, I'd hope the show would depict it as the sacrifice it is. 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, companionenvy said:

As with everything else, the show isn't consistent when it comes to heaven. It seemed like Amelia Novak was actually being reunited with Jimmy when she died. Ash had figured out some way of manipulating his heaven, and seemed to be able to meet new people and keep an eye on earth. But Bobby's heaven is very much a gilded cage -- he's content enough, but is champing at the bit to be a part of the real world again

Most people aren't aware their fantasy isn't real. That's why Bobby was chomping at the bit to get out of there, he knew it was a lie. But, Ash said some people, soul mates, shared a spot in heaven. I think Jimmy and Amelia were being granted that privilege. Or, it could be that Amelia was just creating that version of Jimmy, I dunno. 

I'd be okay with Mary returning to Heaven if that was her choice, but I'd rather her come to terms with reality rather than want to go back to a fantasy. I'm still holding out hope Mary finds a place for herself on earth.

• Love 4

Jared and Jensen tease returning characters:

Although Ackles didn’t comment on Michael specifically, he teased the fans with the possibility of some familiar faces. “When you have a really good character, and not just that but a really good talented person playing that character, getting them to come back is always a treat for us, and I feel like it’s a nice little treat for you guys, as well. I will say there are plans this season to bring back a few of those, so stay tuned.”

Weren't there some rumors of Charlie's return?  I thought I had seen something to that effect.  I thought there was also some mention about Garth, if I'm not mistaken.  We know that Aaron is coming back, and most likely Jody and Donna (they're probably considered recurring at this point, though).  

• Love 1

Yeah, there's been a mention that Charlie might return. I think Felicia Day tweeted something about Charlie returning as a ghost.

And, Dabb mentioned back at Comic Con Jody and Donna will be back. And then there were all the set pictures recently of Ty Olsen and Alania Huffman being on set...maybe them too? 

If Jensen's truly teasing Michael's return, would that mean a return of Adam, too?

http://www.thetvaddict.com/2016/11/01/supernatural-photos-season-12-episode-5-the-one-youve-been-waiting-for/

Back at Comic-Con, SUPERNATURAL producer Andrew Dabb said that an early season 12 episode will be the “triumphant or not-so-triumphant” return for the Thule, who have decided to bring back Hitler. But the SUPERNATURAL version of Hitler is described as a “psychotic Richard Simmons.” Apparently “Sam and Dean are going to find Hitler,” Dabb teased. “And I think that’s opening up some interesting doors for us just in terms of doing more crazy stuff.”

The episode, titled “The One You’ve Been Waiting For”, will have Sam and Dean learning that the soul of Adolf Hitler has been trapped in a 1930′s gold pocket watch. Once the Winchester brothers learn about this, they have to act quickly to prevent the Thule for resurrecting the Füror.

SN1205b_0125b.jpgSN1205a_0017bb.jpg

SN1205b_0023b.jpgSN1205a_0303b.jpgSN1205a_0243b.jpgSN1205a_0140b.jpgSN1205a_0110b.jpgSN1205a_0497b.jpgSN1205a_0494b.jpgSN1205a_0377b.jpgSN1205b_0074b.jpgSN1205a_0370b.jpgSN1205b_0123bb.jpgSN1205b_0387b.jpgSN1205b_0344b.jpgSN1205b_0327b.jpgSN1205b_0190b.jpgSN1205b_0141b.jpgSN1205b_0130b.jpg

Edited by catrox14

the Füror

Oh, for Chuck's sake.  It's been over 70 years and it's always been der Führer.  Ridiculous.

1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

SN1205a_0140b.jpg

I scrolled too fast and had to double back to this one.  For a split second, I wondered why Robbie Williams was on Supernatural.

• Love 3