Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

Benny, Claire and Charlie. Could not give less of a shit about any of them.

Same here. I do not give a damn about their issues, angst, whining, feelings and opinions. I especially do not want Charlie or Benny to save the day.

If Sam ends up winning the game of double and triple crosses, that would be very nice indeed. But if the writers have Sam screw everything up so Dean can suffer and angst some more with his 'better brother', that would turn me right off. I've had enough of Dean's angst to last me another ten seasons of SPN.

• Love 1
(edited)

I think #1 on Rowena's hit list is Dean.  The only way IMO she would help Sam remove the curse is so that Dean can be killed.  And at this point, she's probably fantasizing 1001 way to torture Dean before death.  She said "Winchesters" but it was Dean who turn Crowley around on her.  In her book, he SO needs to die.  Even more than Crowley. Because killing Dean would hurt Crowley.  More importantly, because of Dean, she lost her ludicrous gold tea set, being called Queen Mother, and access to Crowley's wealth for those gorgeous frocks.  This shit matters to Rowena. I've never seen a character embody "wanna-be Royal" as much as she has.  And of course Crowley has some of that in him. The little up-pinky with tea came from Rowena. Calling himself "King" of Hell.  He could have gone with High Overlord of Evil ...but he went with King.  Because that is the value system he and Rowena grew up in.  

Anyway, if Rowena is helping Sam, it's tied to killing Dean and getting MoL secrets.  And I don't think killing Dean is at least an equal goal.

I keep thinking Purgatory was unplanned.  Because if Dean was intentionally going to Purgatory, he wouldn't have shown up empty handed. He looks like he just popped in there and Benny hands him a blade.  

I'm really curious about the blonde girl.  Who is she and how does her story fit?

Edited by SueB

I think #1 on Rowena's hit list is Dean. The only way IMO she would help Sam remove the curse is so that Dean can be killed. And at this point, she's probably fantasizing 1001 way to torture Dean before death. She said "Winchesters" but it was Dean who turn Crowley around on her. In her book, he SO needs to die. Even more than Crowley. Because killing Dean would hurt Crowley. More importantly, because of Dean, she lost her ludicrous gold tea set, being called Queen Mother, and access to Crowley's wealth for those gorgeous frocks. This shit matters to Rowena. I've never seen a character embody "wanna-be Royal" as much as she has. And of course Crowley has some of that in him. The little up-pinky with tea came from Rowena. Calling himself "King" of Hell. He could have gone with High Overlord of Evil ...but he went with King. Because that is the value system he and Rowena grew up in.

Anyway, if Rowena is helping Sam, it's tied to killing Dean and getting MoL secrets. And I don't think killing Dean is at least an equal goal.

I keep thinking Purgatory was unplanned. Because if Dean was intentionally going to Purgatory, he wouldn't have shown up empty handed. He looks like he just popped in there and Benny hands him a blade.

I'm really curious about the blonde girl. Who is she and how does her story fit?

I think Dean is in Purgatory on purpose.

He looks mission oriented.

OHHHH maybe Cas took the FB to Purgatory and gave it to Benny to keep,thinking Dean would never go to Purgatory again and some how Dean figures it out and decides to go get it.

I'm presuming it wasn't the "hero" car as they had 3 on duty.  So...he takes his dog to the set?  I didn't know that.  I wonder if the dog stays in Vancouver for most of the year?  

re Purgatory: I'm wondering if Dean is truly in Purgatory or if it's a manifestation of "the box"? It could be a hallucination of sorts. And the girl, could be a young Rowena or something like that? I haven't worked out all the kinks, but I was thinking of something akin to Dream A Little Dream of Me...this is supposed to be in the episode about "the box", right?

• Love 1

Well, maybe a young Charlie, then? I don't know. Could be someone else trapped in the box too? I'm just saying, that may not really be Purgatory.

I don't know about this whole magical box idea. It's bugging me because it feels like it could end up being the Deus Ex Box(heh xbox). Oh gods, now I'm terrified that it will be a video game that Dean will have to go through to get rid of the Mark akin to Charlie's game to help her cope with the death of her mother. Maybe going back to Purgatory is part of the game.But I really hope that is not true.

I wonder if Dean's trip to Purgatory is real and is possibly part of his own trials to get rid of the Mark. That would be cool. But I really hope he's going after Lucifer. Oh my crack theory is that Dean has to go through Purgatory again to get into Hell to get to Lucifer. But he finds out that the human portal won't let him through because it senses he's still a demon.

I'm excited because there are so many possibilities.

And just because the boys aren't together doesn't necessarily mean they aren't working together. :)

Edited by catrox14

But I really hope he's going after Lucifer. Oh my crack theory is that Dean has to go through Purgatory again to get into Hell to get to Lucifer. But he finds out that the human portal won't let him through because it senses he's still a demon.

That's what I'm hoping. Or at least, that he's going through Purgatory to get to Hell, I don't think/hope that he'll be trapped in Purgatory for any real length of time. They did bring up Metatron's "go back to the river's source" thing in this past episode, so even though Metatron now denies that it meant anything (which I don't put any stock in, because Metatron just tells whatever story he thinks will benefit him the most at any given time), clearly the show hasn't forgotten about that idea -- I think it's likely to still be important.

How would Dean breaking into Hell to see Lucifer affect Crowley's storyline, though? Earlier in the season, they had that whole thing about a revolt brewing in Hell, but then they just dropped it. What if Dean gets into Hell, and it's total Pandemonium (badda BING :P) down there?

Anyway, I like the idea of the show doing a Pandora's Box storyline, because I've always loved that myth. And *hope* also came from Pandora's Box, as well as all the (other?) bad stuff. So I think that something good, or at least hopeful, might come of opening it.

Tbh I'm also interested to see Sam and Rowena interacting. He's generally very good with smart, sharp women. I think Rowena and Sam might actually get along better than Rowena does with anyone else! :P

I think Purgatory and Benny are just hallucinations or "trapped in your mind" things brought on by Magnus` alarm system. No labyrinth is harder to navigate than being trapped in one`s own head.

Lucifer may come in in the Finale since they have now dropped hints a second time but until then my money is one "trial and error" when it comes to the MOC. We had Cain and he couldn`t or wouldn`t help (it`s unclear if he could have taken the Mark back the same as he has given it), Rowena and her magic didn`t work (granted, she didn`t try to destroy it rather than Dean wholesale but still).

Next ep has Charlie and the Book of the Damned. Obviously, that, too, will fail. Then we have Rowena again and Magnus`box. Obviously, that will fail also. Next seems to be Cas`family melodrama with Claire. After that maybe one more "standalone" in terms of "oh, lets try this...gee, didn`t work."

IF Lucifer is to come in the picture, it won`t be until the final episode or at least the penultimate one for my money. And Dean is the one person not on board with doing crazy stuff to remove the MOC because he thinks it will all fail (spoiler alert: at least until the Finale he is most likely correct) so he would have no reason to go through Purgatore into Hell or any such plan that would qualify as "crazy Mrk removal plans".    

That's pretty much the same height difference between Genevieve and Jared IRL.

I just can't stop laughing at the mental picture, she's 5' 3" according to IMDb and he's 6' 4".

I know a lot of real life couples that have major height differences.  But it must be a pain to have to sit or stand on boxes all the time.  :)

I know a lot of real life couples that have major height differences.  But it must be a pain to have to sit or stand on boxes all the time.  :)

Not just the women in the show either.  I was watching clips from various cons and Richard Speight Jr. does a very funny bit on having to stand on boxes. He even acts out the BTS action on one of his first scenes with both the boys. 

• Love 1

That's pretty much the same height difference between Genevieve and Jared IRL.

Really, I didn't know that. Speaking as a short person, I'm 5' my husband is 5' 8" I just feel bad then for poor Genevieve, the neck cricks alone. Maybe she has a good massage therapist.

Yeah Gen is 5'4" so pretty much the same. 

I am a terrible person. I was looking at some pics of Jensen and Gen at Jared and Gen's wedding and I thought they look so good together. And then Danneel is like 5'7" and looks good with Jared...and well...

suddenly I thought they are married to the wrong people LOL.  Stupid Padackles family messing with my head.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1

You maybe right catrox14.  Though I'm sure none of them see it that way. ;D

Speaking from personal experience, the height difference between 5'4"(ish) and 6'1" is still a PITA or rather a PITNeck.  Still, better than a *foot* difference.

You maybe right catrox14.  Though I'm sure none of them see it that way. ;D

Speaking from personal experience, the height difference between 5'4"(ish) and 6'1" is still a PITA or rather a PITNeck.  Still, better than a *foot* difference.

I KNOW! How rude that these people marry these people that I did NOT approve before hand.  It's almost like they don't even know I exist! /harumph.

I'm 5'3" and dated a 6'1" submariner and 6'2" gymnast (OMG the shoulders on that guy) but my two long serious relationships where with 5'9' and 5'10' respectively

From the media thread.  Jared posted a video on FB saying they were finishing up the final episode.  Someone noticed that Jared is now sporting a tattoo on his arm that has not been there before.   Is this a Sam tattoo or is Jared leaving the show because he said he would never get a tattoo because it's too hard to cover up everyday.

Speculate away.

https://www.facebook.com/JaredPadalecki

tumblr_inline_nmnup0HT2V1r5n9bz_540.png

I KNOW! How rude that these people marry these people that I did NOT approve before hand.  It's almost like they don't even know I exist! /harumph.

I'm 5'3" and dated a 6'1" submariner and 6'2" gymnast (OMG the shoulders on that guy) but my two long serious relationships where with 5'9' and 5'10' respectively

From the media thread.  Jared posted a video on FB saying they were finishing up the final episode.  Someone noticed that Jared is now sporting a tattoo on his arm that has not been there before.   Is this a Sam tattoo or is Jared leaving the show because he said he would never get a tattoo because it's too hard to cover up everyday.

Speculate away.

https://www.facebook.com/JaredPadalecki

tumblr_inline_nmnup0HT2V1r5n9bz_540.png

Snicker.  Very rude.

I spent 20 years (child bride I tell ya, ;D ) with the 6'1" guy.  And he was not the tallest guy I've had a relationship with.  That would be the 6'8" guy.  Talk about a pain in your neck!  And a pain in his back.  It didn't last too long though. My tall girlfriend give me grief over that.  Say I should stick with guys 5'8" and under.  Whatever.

I'm thinking the tattoo is for in show reasons, 'cause I can't see the show being renewed for season 11 if Jared wasn't locked in.  Or maybe he's changed his mind about the tattoo thing.  Placement is such that it wouldn't be visible most of the time. It's rare that the guys aren't in long sleeves and/or jackets.

Edit to add, I know they were planning to do something about Sam getting his "No Demons Allowed" tattoo replaced, but had to drop that when Jared had his "accident".  Wonder if this is what they are doing instead.  Placement would make "burning it off" again a little more difficult.

Edited by Altered Reality

It looks like he has another tattoo though on his forearm. That would be less easy to hide.  

http://www.enstarz.com/articles/78296/20150405/supernatural-season-10-spoilers-sams-dark-side-to-rise-again-jared-padalecki-talks-seasons-final-arc-video.htm

I was just reading this article, and Jared says

"We are filming the final arc of season 10 right now and it's one of those really intense final arcs, I mean it's probably the most intense I can remember since like season five or something like that," Padalecki said said while in Seattle.

MEEP.

Edited by catrox14

::snicker:: Maybe Jared got those tattoos out of a cereal box and were put on by his kids? ;)

Actually, I'm really bad with this sort of stuff, but is that not the Men Of Letters insignia? Wait. No, I think that has a circle around it. I got nothing.

Someone brilliant on Tumblr posted a picture showing how similar it is to a removable tatoo picture they found on line.  I think that lends credibility to the show-driven theory.  I swear, I think Sam is going the way of "controlling Dean".  

The men of letters logo according to superwiki, it's an Aquarian Star. I've always though it's really similar to the Devil's Trap. 

400px-Aquarian-Star.jpg

Didn't someone on Tumblr also say it was a Texas star.  So it could be Jared's own personal tattoo.

Hmmm SueB....interesting.

I've been speculating all season that Sam would get something that would represent Abel in the story. Maybe this would be the Star of Abel or something and that's why the episode will be my Brother's Keeper.  That Sam tries to tat Dean with an opposing mark to control him

Did Jared pull a Jensen and stealth spoil us with that tattoo? I think it would be brilliant if Jared purposefully showed the tattoo but acting all casual about it.

Edited by catrox14

Considering the wardrobe department puts them in about 15 layers at all times on SPN, a tattoo on the upper arm wouldn`t interfere with day-to-day filming much. Now if Stephen Amell came to the Arrow set with a huge new tattoo on his chest, there would probably be tears of recrimination.      

I think contracts have been negotiated some time ago, probably with MORE time off for both Js for next Season. Shouldn`t even be possible unless it`s guest star hours but considering this Season, I think it was and is a big stipulation. Not to mention the CW already blew minds this week by announcing a lead actress leaving a show. 

Tatoo-wise, I think this is a personal one and has nothing to do with the show.

Edited by Aeryn13

OH gods.  So "THEY GO THERE"

--one of the main 4 really most sincerely dies. And honestly....It's probably Cas :(.  But man, if Jensen or Jared is getting a movie role...maybe one of them.

--Destiel happens (bwhaahahahah fat chance)

--Dean kills Crowley, Cas and Sam just like Cain said and he becomes the King of Hell. Oh wow. Maybe that's why Rowena might not kill Dean. She wants to rule Hell with him....0_0.

-- Crack theory of the day:

Dean kills Crowley and Rowena because reasons like them convincing Sam to make a deal with Lucifer that frees Dean of the Mark. Then  Dean kills Cas because Cas is trying to stop him from killing Sam. Dean kills Sam to stop him from fulfilling Cain's prophecy and becoming Lucifer's pet again.

As a result Dean becomes a Knight of Hell in actual demon form and sees John in Hell being tortured by Alistair.  Fade to Black......

Edited by catrox14

Nope, nope, nope... Alastair is dead dead. Sam killed him capital D Dead and that's the story I'm sticking with. I do not want John back in hell - for Dean reasons especially. Besides I think if that were the case, some demon at some time would've mentioned it to torment Dean with at least, or Crowley would have used it at some point as leverage.

I'm hoping not, but it's probably Dean makes some sort of sacrifice to save Sam... again... ::sigh:: Unless they want to switch it up, and surprise us with Sam actually goes there and kills Dean this time to keep him from becoming what Dean doesn't want to become... except that it doesn't work and actually makes Dean stronger somehow, and yet also damns Sam as well - because Sam has luck like that.

I just have this awful feeling that Sam is somehow going to screw up so badly, since that's what they've been setting this whole thing up for for like half a season now, and I don't see them not going through with it now... especially with those Sam / Rowena scenes, because why would they ever have Sam go there unless it was all going to go horribly wrong?

Those Charlie and Claire storylines they're going to somehow shoehorn in here at the end of the season are going to drive me crazy, because I'm just going to be thinking "Why are we wasting time on this? I don't care about any of this."

My crack theory:

- I'm 100% convinced Sammy is going at least partial darkside if not full-n.  Further, I'm convinced he's going to do some no-no magic to "save" Dean.  

- "THEY GO THERE." combined with the episode title "My Brother's Keeper" suggests to me one of the brothers kills the other, but in classic Supernatural twist - not so much. I'm going to guess Dean goes rabid (going there) and Sam's uses some magic to turn things around.  And Sam literally becomes Dean's keeper.  

- I think both Cas and Crowley survive the season.  

- Cas with the busted face... man, that's a "Goodbye Stranger" moment if ever I saw one. IF there is anything Destiel, it'll be then.  But Dean is in no position to do anything but possibly stop beating Cas to death would be my guess.

- I think Crowley kills Rowena. 

"They go there" definitely screams Dean killing Sam to me. I'm thinking Dean is going to make his way through everyone with Sam being the last one, just like Cain said. Now, as this is Supernatural I'm sure there will be some twist to that. Especially with Death seen on set. I could see him reversing everything. But that's a total theory.

People need to STOP with everything equalling destiel. It's so annoying. People say it (and seriously think it) with every season and every finale. I can't roll my eyes any further up into my head.

Those Charlie and Claire storylines they're going to somehow shoehorn in here at the end of the season are going to drive me crazy, because I'm just going to be thinking "Why are we wasting time on this? I don't care about any of this."

I am right there with you.

Edited by kimrey

Woot!  Death in the House!

**relooks at what I just posted**

"Sometimes I shouldn't say words." - Xander Harris

Seriously though...THIS IS AWESOME.  Only Death has the big-time mojo to do something.  But I don't think he'll fix Dean.  No way do we get a happy ending...everything has been "tears" "trauma" "cliffhanger", etc..  

So, just to listen to him snark.  I can't wait.  

My crackpot theory...they go there, as in Dean sacrifices himself somehow instead of killing everybody. Maybe he decides being a demon is better than killing Sam? Or maybe they figure out the one way to kill Dean without him becoming a demon, then Sam summons Death to try and get him to bring Dean back. And Death is like, "Nope. Not your personal fixer."

Seriously though, even if they kill everybody, that means little on this show. I expect all of them to be back next year, personal tattoos or not.

Edited by DittyDotDot

Re:  Tattoo-gate.  10 tattoos here -- I have a little experience in the matter.  Wish I had been around yesterday, but these things happen.  Anyway, that is a plain ol' nautical star.  They are incredibly popular tattoos to get, so much so that our artist in Germany refused to do them anymore back in 2007.  They are always black and another color, most commonly yellow or red.  I think it's a personal tattoo, but jeez, Jared, you really should have consulted with me first.  ;-)

Re:  THEY GO THERE.  Didn't Jensen say something similar last year?  I would not be surprised if they paralleled last year's finale.  I think Dean will probably be dead by the end of the episode, possibly by Sam's hand in an attempt to save him.  Death's appearance links to the S9 premiere....  Dean summoned an angel to save Sam. What if Sam figures out how to summon God to save Dean?

I know, I know.  Horrible deus ex machina.  But they could put a twist on it -- maybe God brings Dean's loved ones with him and, in a parallel to the S10 premiere, tells Sammy to let him go.  He chooses Death.  God accepts.  Dean says goodbye to Sam and then BAM!

Dean's back on earth, the Mark gone.  It took the ultimate self-sacrifice to save him.  And, in a way, Sam and Dean get to share the save.  ;-)

• Love 2

So the note reads "Dear Sam, Take care of Baby; I'm summoning Death"? Then he hits up Culvers for some deep fried cheese curds and summons Death and waits with his bribe? What the heck. I'm good with that.

• Love 3

You know, I was thinking about it.  I'm really going to be surprised if either brother kills the other.  That seems like an awfully big risk to take with the fandom.  I can't imagine any group of fans being happy that their favorite killed the other.  Even if it's to "save" him.  I imagine cries of "character assassination" would break the internet.

Meanwhile, if Dean kills Castiel, the Destiel shippers will revolt en masse.  They'll probably claim that TPTB did it as a big middle finger to that particular facet of the fandom.  True or not is irrelevant.  Humans love conspiracy theories.

All of it seems like a giant risk to take -- the "murder" of a character by another.  Especially when it involves one of the mains.  But, hey, maybe they're not too worried about fan service these days.  ;-)

• Love 1

I dunno. Killing Dean and turning him into a demon was literal character assassination, which as we know, I was apoplectic about. Some of the audience thought it would happen but that doesn't make it any less shocking.  Then once he ws a demon there was a rift for those that thought it ended too soon and those that were happy he was gone.  So I guess for me going that far with Dean, and trotting out Cain and Abel,IMO they are almost compelled to follow through with the lore in the show that Cain prophesied.

I think they will do it. LOL I've theorized for a while now that Jared and Jensen want to call it a day but fandom won't let them go. This might be the way they finally kill their own show.  I'm mostly being facetious but I have wondered at times...