Type keyword(s) to search

Kenya Moore: Gone with the Wind Fabulous

Kenya came into the world of reality TV on RHoA. Her first season, she was really out of her element. I know production told her to come up with a storyline, and the way she went about it was silly. She had a guy she knew come on and pretend to be her boyfriend, and it went downhill from there. He went on the radio telling the world how fake the whole show was. I was surprised to see him pop up now and then in the background, I really thought Bravo would have refused to let him film.

Second season, she came back with a different attitude. It was like watching someone say "OK, I get it. I get the program. I know what to do. Bring the drama, hold nothing back, be crazy."

I think that's what she's doing on this show. She is a professional reality show pot-stirrer. I take everything she does or says with a big grain of salt. She's an accomplished producer, actress, etc... and why she wants to roll in the dirt on reality scripted shows, it's beyond me.

• Love 2

I never saw more than a few minutes of any of those Housewife shows (it's one of the areas of TV I stay away from militantly), but I do recognize the type--constantly putting on a performance for the camera. She might be perfectly nice when she believes there are no cameras on her.

I'd contrast that with Geraldo. Who also is putting on a tude for the cameras, but who I always get a gut sense is a jackass when the camera is off too (there may be subtle differences in how that manifests, but I think its certainly true he thinks highly of himself no matter what).

• Love 3

Responding to a post in the episode thread regarding Kenya being attacked on the set of RHoATL...

It was during the reunion show. Seated left to right was Porsha, Cynthia and Kenya. Andy in the middle, and to the right of Andy was Nene, Kandi and Phaedra.

Things were going along fine until out of left field Porsha says something to Kenya about something regarding a man that had NOTHING to do with the conversation. Porsha attacked, Kenya responded. She had a scepter that she was waving around (actually more within Cynthia's space than Porsha's) and asked her how to spell the word. Porsha kept yammering and Kenya also had a bullhorn as a prop. I cannot remember which came first or last, the scepter or the bullhorn or the exact words that brought Porsha to her feet, but she got up, grabbed Kenya by the hair and knocked her down. It was a physical assault.

Porsha throws herself onto the floor, crying, and NeNe puts her hands over Porsha's mouth to stop her from saying anything damning (Porsha's not the brightest bulb), and Phaedra was helping her. It was pretty easy to figure out that NeNe and Phaedra had put Porsha up to going after Kenya on camera. And it backfired. If you Google the fight on YouTube, you will hear both NeNe and Phaedra saying "We talked about this days ago, we talked about this...."

Kenya calls 911, the police came and arrested Porsha. After Andy had gone to her dressing room to see if SHE was OK. She was invited back to the show this season, even with the charges still against her. Kenya publicly forgave her, they hugged.

• Love 1

Thanks for the update.  I still don't like her and fail to see her as a smart, high functioning woman.  :>)

wings707 - I've watched that show since the beginning, and see absolutely no indication that Kenya is intelligent or high functioning.  I can't stand her, either.

• Love 5

You have to remember that these women are told how to act, behave, be jerks, etc. on their respective shows. Kenya isn't drunk and inappropriate, at least. They are paid a LOT of money to act ridiculous and if they broke character anywhere it might jeopardize their contract. I'd never sign up for such a farce, but that's just me.

• Love 3

Responding to a post in the episode thread regarding Kenya being attacked on the set of RHoATL...

It was during the reunion show. Seated left to right was Porsha, Cynthia and Kenya. Andy in the middle, and to the right of Andy was Nene, Kandi and Phaedra.

Things were going along fine until out of left field Porsha says something to Kenya about something regarding a man that had NOTHING to do with the conversation. Porsha attacked, Kenya responded. She had a scepter that she was waving around (actually more within Cynthia's space than Porsha's) and asked her how to spell the word. Porsha kept yammering and Kenya also had a bullhorn as a prop. I cannot remember which came first or last, the scepter or the bullhorn or the exact words that brought Porsha to her feet, but she got up, grabbed Kenya by the hair and knocked her down. It was a physical assault.

Porsha throws herself onto the floor, crying, and NeNe puts her hands over Porsha's mouth to stop her from saying anything damning (Porsha's not the brightest bulb), and Phaedra was helping her. It was pretty easy to figure out that NeNe and Phaedra had put Porsha up to going after Kenya on camera. And it backfired. If you Google the fight on YouTube, you will hear both NeNe and Phaedra saying "We talked about this days ago, we talked about this...."

Kenya calls 911, the police came and arrested Porsha. After Andy had gone to her dressing room to see if SHE was OK. She was invited back to the show this season, even with the charges still against her. Kenya publicly forgave her, they hugged.

And you don't see any possibility this was all a setup for the publicity/cameras?

I know the lady from New York is really going to Prison, but other than that I've rarely seen any indication that anything from ANY of these shows is above suspicion for fakery.

And you don't see any possibility this was all a setup for the publicity/cameras?

By set up, do you mean was Kenya in on it as well? Because IMHO definitely, *definitely* not. As cook'sdelight mentioned, Porsha was more than likely encouraged by NeNe and Phaedra to do something but I think even they were genuinely surprised when Porsha full on snapped over Kenya's props went for a physical assault. It seemed very real and I find it almost impossible to believe that it was any sort of PR stunt. Andy and Cynthia in particular looked incredibly freaked out and Porsha seemed humiliated and was mainly thinking about herself and her future and didn't seem concerned about Kenya at all. I still think Porsha thinks she was the big victim in that whole incident. I'm just not seeing the signs that this was a publicity stunt that was deliberately set up for the cameras. It ended up being a pain in Bravo's ass and Andy had to tap dance when people were understandably wondering how Ramona and others have been able to get away with their bullshit over the years while Porsha was seemingly held to a different standard.

As for Kenya on CA I find it irritating that she was even given this opportunity in the first place considering what an awful person she has revealed herself to be on RHATL. At the same time, I appreciate how much she irritates Brandi and how good she is at pressing Brandi's buttons. They're both horrible and like with Geraldo, I'm basically rooting for them to get fired and told about themselves before they go. 

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 3

For the sake of clarity, Kenya was waving a scepter in Porsha's face until she grabbed it and tossed it out of reach, followed by Kenya whipping out a bullhorn and calling her a whore, causing Porsha to assault Kenya.

So how is Kenya doing thus far?

• Love 3

....with Cynthia caught in the middle. Remember the look on her face? :)

Kenya has won money for her charity as project manager in a task that involved Ivanka's shoe line. Which is more than NeNe did. She quit, remember, before winning a dime for the charity that later was revealed not to be a charity at all.

Kenya is playing for the Detroit Public School system.

• Love 3

That may be the only redeeming factor for me. Lord knows they can use it. (Will they get all of it? And how much do they use for classroom stuff? Does anyone know?)

• Love 1

As far as I know, they get all of the money she won. Which I believe for that one task was $25,000. Did Ivanka put any extra money in the way other businesses have? I hate they don't show the check presentation anymore, it would be nice to hear feedback from the school system as to how they plan to use the money.

• Love 4

Kenya has won money for her charity as project manager in a task that involved Ivanka's shoe line. Which is more than NeNe did. She quit, remember, before winning a dime for the charity that later was revealed not to be a charity at all.

Off-topic, I'm afraid, but I went looking but couldn't find anything but vague comments on stories; what's the scoop on NeNe's charity being bogus?

I cannot remember the name of her various charities off the top of my head (I'd have to dig through RHoATL threads) but during Kenya's first season on the show, NeNe hosted a shoe show for a charity in Atlanta. She was playing for a different named charity on CA. Neither of them were ever registered with the state of Georgia, but were supposedly based in Atlanta. There was an office in a strip shopping center where one charity was supposed to have their headquarters but the office was empty. I could never find any 501.C registration for anything associated with NeNe having contributed.

• Love 1

For the sake of clarity, Kenya was waving a scepter in Porsha's face until she grabbed it and tossed it out of reach, followed by Kenya whipping out a bullhorn and calling her a whore, causing Porsha to assault Kenya.

I wouldn't call it waving the scepter in Porsha's face.  Cynthia was sitting between Porsha and Kenya while Kenya pointed the scepter in Porsha's direction.  Since there was only one person between Porsha and Kenya, it was fairly easy for Porsha to grab the scepter.  Kenya pulling out a bullhorn didn't cause Porsha to assault Kenya.  Porsha had many options if she didn't like what was happening.  She could have asked to be moved, she could have refused to continue with the reunion, she could have gotten up and stood by the side of the couch, she could have not interrupted and insulted Kenya which led to their verbal exchange, etc.  Porsha is 100% responsible for physically attacking Kenya.  There are lots of things people are going to say to others that they don't like, but none of them are justifications for violence.

• Love 2

I cannot remember the name of her various charities off the top of my head (I'd have to dig through RHoATL threads) but during Kenya's first season on the show, NeNe hosted a shoe show for a charity in Atlanta. She was playing for a different named charity on CA. Neither of them were ever registered with the state of Georgia, but were supposedly based in Atlanta. There was an office in a strip shopping center where one charity was supposed to have their headquarters but the office was empty. I could never find any 501.C registration for anything associated with NeNe having contributed.

Save Our Daughters.  Here is an article about them.  A note-this particular blogger lives in Atlanta and has a lot of sources there.  She tends to be a bit direct and often times insensitive but more often than not her information is valid.  http://tamaratattles.com/2014/02/20/the-truth-about-saving-our-daughters/

• Love 3

The scepter was first followed by the bullhorn. What set Porsha off was Kenya saying that she "heard" that Porsha cheated on Kordell when they were married. The story was that Nene, Phaedra and Kandi counseled Porsha prior to the reunion to not "react" to anything Kenya does/says. LOL Big time fail!

....with Cynthia caught in the middle. Remember the look on her face? :)

Funny how the amount she "donated" was the exact amount she won as PM! LOL And Nene has yet to match the donation as promised.

• Love 3

I don't watch any of the Housewife shows but of course saw the Kenya and Porsha footage over and over again on various entertainment shows.  I'm not sure that Kenya was completely blameless but obviously Porsha lost it.  I actually have enjoyed Porsha on Dish Nation so I'd like to think she learned from what went down but who knows.  Kenya is definitely irritating but Brandi more so.  I'll be happy when both Kenya and Brandi are eliminated. It is pretty obvious why they are on the show.....gotta have some bad blood to make things interesting.

• Love 1

Save Our Daughters.  Here is an article about them.  A note-this particular blogger lives in Atlanta and has a lot of sources there.  She tends to be a bit direct and often times insensitive but more often than not her information is valid.  http://tamaratattles.com/2014/02/20/the-truth-about-saving-our-daughters/

Kenya organized a fundraiser on The RHoA for Saving Our Daughters and to honor NeNe, but NeNe's organization was called Twisted Hearts.  Reportedly, it was shut down because it wasn't registered.

• Love 1

Kenya organized a fundraiser on The RHoA for Saving Our Daughters and to honor NeNe, but NeNe's organization was called Twisted Hearts.  Reportedly, it was shut down because it wasn't registered.

That's it!! Thank you, I could not remember NeNe's non-existant charity name. And why Save Our Daughters kept being mentioned.