Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E13: The Greater Good

Ok, seriously, DB's daughter did not shoot that guy in the head? A lot? It's not like she had to strike and escape - she sat around afterwards and talked to Hostage Girl's Dad Cop while turning her back on him. And now, of course, he's on the looose!

So, so stupid. She has the presence of mind to drop clues and scrape off paint chips, and she doesn't realize you make sure the bad guy is down for the count.

• Love 3
So, so stupid. She has the presence of mind to drop clues and scrape off paint chips, and she doesn't realize you make sure the bad guy is down for the count.

The double tap rule doesn't just apply to zombies (thank you Zombieland)

By letting one of the twins get away, they are going to continue to drag out this story line for at least another episode -- enough already, these two have to be the most boring serial killers in the 15 seasons of this show.

Bad cop being extorted by a serial killer to do his bidding -- how unoriginal ?  D.B.'s daughter knowingly being used as bait, and she has mad CSI skills yo, leaving a trail for daddy's team to follow. Sure, whatever.

The stupidest part was when D.B.'s daughter stayed in the bad cop's car when he went inside a building -- that was the biggest tipoff to bad cop that it was all a setup to get the twins (she was being kidnapped and delivered to a serial killer -- realistically, she should have ran).

• Love 4

The stupidest part was when D.B.'s daughter stayed in the bad cop's car when he went inside a building -- that was the biggest tipoff to bad cop that it was all a setup to get the twins (she was being kidnapped and delivered to a serial killer -- realistically, she should have ran).

That part was okay because she was on a mission to get to the other guy. And I think they even implied with the car talk after that that he knew that she knew, and she knew that he knew that she knew.

Everything else was stupid.

• Love 1

That was a steaming pile of crap.

I was so disappointed Zach Morris got away - I thought we were going to be done with this crap storyline and no ... on it rolls like a driverless car.

I remember really liking DB the first season. I feel like adding Finn ruined his character and the writer's just lost their minds.

• Love 9

I agree with the other posters (except I actually did watch the entire pile of dreck while I was checking something on my computer) and that was one of the worst episodes of the season.  We seriously have yet another serial killer with a grudge out to get the CSI's?  yawn.  I dread that this is foreshadowing how George/Nicky will be written out of the show.  

I did cringe with the Hodges scene when he was referring to his "mentor" Grissom.  Seriously dude, Grissom barely tolerated your ass. And why was he at the crime scene anyway?  He'd gone out on sight with what's her name, Morgan, before that waste of space, the Finnster, brought him out.  Which served no purpose whatsoever of course.  (At least that's how I remember it, I could be wrong.)  I irritated me no end.

I could not believe they (the writers) let serial killer get away; it's been such a tedious storyline; I was hoping that this episode would finish it off.  No such luck.

I predict bad cop will hunt him down and kill him after the threats made about bad cop's daughter Amy. 

• Love 1

Gig Harbor Killer part 3. Detective Daniel Shaw did wrong with the helping of Paul Winthrop, but we see he was holding his daughter Amy Hayley Lowell hostage. He did try to stop him, finally. He took out Jared Briscoe. Must be Winthrop had a vest on? But Maya was brave and stabbed him in the back.

It almost seem that Winthop set up his brother Briscoe at the end. Sure he got him Maya, he had to know it could go wrong?

Who tied Rebecca Lowell's sister and Amy(IMDB calls her Hayley)'s mom to the bed and let her die? Was it Shaw? Was she tortured, is that why she was tied to the bed?

Maya did a great job of keeping Shaw talking and then when she stabbed Winthrop to protect Haylay. D. B. Russell had to be proud. Maybe have her replace Nick when he leaves?

Thought maybe Greg and Nick were off this night, until we find they are out with LVPD following Shaw's car. Wonder how he figured out the bug? Then to have the recording of his"story" ready to play?? Or did he play along to hope he had back up?

It was interesting that Morgan brought Hodges to the crime scene. Then it seemed she left him there alone? Hope there was LVPD outside. He startled Finn being in the dark. But he told that his friend Grissom taught him. Nice to hear his name at times. I do think we should hear Ray or Catherine's name to at times.

With the wounded Paul Winthrop escaping they need to call the BAU. He has become a serial killer. Shaw should have shot at his face. He should have known Winthrop may have a vest on. I think that Finn will try to help Shaw's case. That is why she was in the hospital to see him.

Edited by webruce

This episode, this story-arc, the procedural/police investigation stuff in it, was poor on so many levels and another example of why, nowadays, this show just makes me really, really sad. I used to love it. Loved it from the beginning when I cared about the characters but now, it seems to me this is a prime example of egomaniacal writers who believe they know better than anyone else what "their" show needs - I'm sorry, but fifteen years of support and viewing and devoted fan 'investment' means we can easily spot where they are so very wrong.

Can't do anything about actors who have chosen to leave over the years - some of their replacements have worked okay, some haven't but, right now, apart from the very appealing, very talented, Ted Danson, the *only* characters I care anything about are from the original team. Fin (Shu, with her 'look-at-me' acting) and Morgan (with her 'could-I-wear-any-more-make-up or swish-my-potentially-contaminating-tresses' ridiculousness) have been forced down our throats with storyline after storyline - is anyone out there interested in them at all? Really? The cases have become weak, the 'family' of characters horribly reduced. Fifteen years is a long, long time and yes, the show has probably just run its course (possibly some seasons ago) but the writers/show runners have made some truly terrible decisions that have impacted badly on how even the most devoted of the fan base will remember it in future.

I am so, so sorry for George Eads - he has a talent that has been utterly wasted in the recent years (I can't believe some of that neglect isn't some kind of 'punishment') and I can entirely understand why he would feel he has to leave. Here in the UK, Channel 5 are still using what are evidently *very* old clips to promote the show in which he says how he loves the show and the story lines...it's so painfully ironic. I will watch until he goes, in the desperate hope that the writers might finally give him and his character his due and an appropriate story to leave on, and then I'm out too.

Sad! 

• Love 2

That part was okay because she was on a mission to get to the other guy. And I think they even implied with the car talk after that that he knew that she knew, and she knew that he knew that she knew.

Everything else was stupid.

I don't get why Bad Cop had Maya drive or why Maya calmly drove to the location after he took off the wire.  She dropped a ring and some flecks of paint, but how did she expect the police to be able to follow her - to know which way they went?  The only explanation I can come up with is that they both knew that his plan was to save Maya, but then why did they take off the wire?  And why switch cars? 

So she had to be thinking he was a bad guy, which comes back to the question of why did she drive so nice and calmly.  Drive erratically and lay on the horn so that you draw attention to the car - if you are speeding down the road, he probably won't shoot you because that would crash the car and could kill him.

I can handle stuff like them seeing a couple of flecks of paint in a dark parking lot, and using the paint chips and tire treads to know exactly what kind of car it was, but I have trouble when they have something ridiculous happen that could have been easily handled in a more logical way --- It is ridiculous to have the hostage drive (were Bad Cop's eyes getting tired?). I guess the writers wanted the Maya to have the key so she could scratch paint off the car, but if she could scratch it off with keys, she could scratch it off with her ring (maybe use a differently looking ring) or with a rock that she picks up in the parking lot. 

Edited by needschocolate
  • Love 1

Dear needschocolate, as a professional information finder on my lunch break when it's too cold (5°F and -15°C minus wind chill) to leave, how can I resist answering...

...I don't get why Bad Cop had Maya drive...

If he was really a Criminal Minds kind of guy, she would have been in the trunk. Having her drive allows him to threaten her with a gun but not look like a really bad guy to the audience.

...The only explanation I can come up with is that they both knew that his plan was to save Maya, but then why did they take off the wire?  And why switch cars?...

This must be the Pelant syndrome from Bones. Pelant was able to do superhuman feats of computer coding despite being a mere mortal villain. He was able to spy on people anywhere at anytime even while being locked up without Internet access. I know. It didn't make sense on Bones, and it doesn't make sense here. But what do you expect on this show at this point in its existence?

• Love 2

At this point the "CSI in jeopardy" plotlines have run their course. In fact, the "wicked smart" serial killer storylines have run their course. Combining the two makes for awful TV. CBS does not have to keep upping the ante in terms of violence or complicated plots. What they need to do is simply write plausible mysteries where the characters use their skills to solve crimes. This show could run 100 seasons using that formula regardless of who the cast contains.

For this episode in particular, I kept wondering why DB would put his daughter in danger, why the PI didn't just level with everyone and bring them in so they could set up a plan together and why twins would be serial killers. Do they both have the same pathology? If so, why? None of that was explained.

Finally, I think we all get that Shue works out and has nice arms. Do all of her outfits have to sleeveless? Who would walk into a bloody crime scene with that much skin exposed? She looks out of place.

• Love 3

Finally, I think we all get that Shue works out and has nice arms. Do all of her outfits have to sleeveless? Who would walk into a bloody crime scene with that much skin exposed? She looks out of place.

Catherine used to wear a lot sleeveless tank tops as well. Drove me nuts. Still does.  

Edited by wlk68
  • Love 2

Catherine used to wear a lot sleeveless tank tops as well. Drove me nuts. Still does.

Does anyone remember the weird crossover episode of Two and a Half Men?  Charlie looked at the "Catherine" character and asked if her tank top was regulation issue.

• Love 2

Sleeves don't stop bullets.

Having worked with people that wear bulletproof vests, its better to have sleeves because the vest can chafe those bare arms badly.

Yes, Shue and Catherine were big offenders with the tank-top vest combo.  All of the Bruckheimer women of the multiple CSI's seem to have a problem with wearing sleeves with their vests.  I'm not going to bother myself to watch the Cyber version to see if The Arquette wears one.  The commercials are already grating on my nerves.

• Love 2

What I want to know is how the dirty cop managed to remove the wire without giving any sign - surely there ought to have been a WTF? over the bug, even if he managed to somehow pass it off as something innocent (which would be some trick!). Did like the fact that the dirty cop admitted that he was going to jail once he got out of hospital, because having your daughter kidnapped doesn't get you  free pass on kidnapping others (well, this time anyway!).

Glad to see they actually took down one of the brothers, though the other escaping was pretty inevitable. I guess even a roomful of cops can't prevent the final showdown happening in the Season Finale!