Type keyword(s) to search

David Rose: Has Had Enough Of This Schitt

• Start Topic

(edited)

I can't get over how hot Dan Levy is. It's like he took his father's genes and then massively improved them.

I'm normally annoyed at fey-acting characters, but this guy just rocks the part.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 11

I can't get over how hot Dan Levy is. It's like he took his father's genes and then massively improved them.

I'm normally annoyed at fey-acting characters, but this guy just rocks the part.

Major crush from my view as well. OMG.  Although the mysterious nature of David's sexuality is confusing.  I can't tell if I'd want him as my best friend or as my boyriend.  Either way, I guess. He's super appealling on both levels.  Smart, fun, comfortable, and kind at the core.

• Love 4
On 5/9/2015 at 8:00 PM, methodwriter85 said:

So true!  He is very very gorgeous. 

• Love 2

I saw Dan Levy on Stephen Colbert this year.  He's actually prissy in real life.  He does the hand thing when he talks, but it's exaggerated on the show.  But then everything is exaggerated on the show and that's what makes it so funny.

I didn't even recognize that Moira was the Home Alone mom until my niece pointed it out to me.  She's rocking the Moira character. 

It is one comedy show on TV that makes me laugh out loud every week.

• Love 5
(edited)

Seems to me that we saw his true nature just once in this show.

Can you guess in which episode I think that happened?

Spoiler

It was the episode with the Amish. David just does not do well at life when he is on his own. Despite the way he seems to reject his family, it appears that he really needs them badly in order to survive.

21 hours ago, Evagirl said:

I saw Dan Levy on Stephen Colbert this year.  He's actually prissy in real life.  He does the hand thing when he talks, but it's exaggerated on the show.  But then everything is exaggerated on the show and that's what makes it so funny.

I didn't even recognize that Moira was the Home Alone mom until my niece pointed it out to me.  She's rocking the Moira character. 

It is one comedy show on TV that makes me laugh out loud every week.

I never before realized just how talented Catherine OHara is.  She is a huge talent. In many ways, I think she "makes" this show.

IMHO, it wouldn't be very good at all without her (and her amazing wardrobe).

Whoever designed her wardrobe is hugely talented. It's oh so fabuloso!

On 2015-05-09 at 8:00 PM, methodwriter85 said:

Please? Can anyone tell me what does "fey-acting" mean?

I Googled for it. But all that came back were pages about Tina Fey. Surely it doesn't mean anything like that. Does it?

Edited by LauraAnders
3 hours ago, LauraAnders said:

Please? Can anyone tell me what does "fey-acting" mean?

I Googled for it. But all that came back were pages about Tina Fey. Surely it doesn't mean anything like that. Does it?

I'm assuming it means "acting gay".  A straight guy who acts like a stereotypical gay is acting "fey". It's not a word you hear very often.

• Love 1

I don’t know if anyone watches the Goldberg’s on here, but I swear David looks like the love child of Barry Goldberg and Ryan Reynolds. Which I would’ve never thought would be super hot, but apparently... it is.

• owned a gallery where he worked with a Brooklyn based performance artist (who's a big deal) named Janet Kempfluugen. She would walk into the space wearing a clay mask of a fawn, remove her clothing, and breast feed members of the audience. It was a commentary on income inequality.
  • area of expertise: has good taste (ideal for a job in art curating or trend forecasting)
  • bought a cologne in Japan that was supposed to smell like the aftermath of a car crashing into a cedar tree
  • was always on the fence about the sweater Jared Leto gave him
  • first job was a Gap Kids campaign when he was 6
  • had a friend who was fired by Alexander Wang for wearing Curve Pour Homme
  • has a hard time with Australians
  • learned to never accept a first offer thanks to The Good Wife
  • had a subscription to Cosmo Girl when he was 16
  • played a boy who got abducted from a grocery store on Dateline
  • hasn't bedazzled anything since I was 22
  • not so secretly loves Avril Lavigne and has paid very close attention to her battle with Lyme disease
  • managed several galleries and never once looked at the paperwork
  • dated Sebastian Raine for almost three months (four if you include the month that Sebastian was seeing other people)
  • ate mall pretzels and watched Bridget Jones's Diary every day for a year after being dumped
  • followed Lilith Fair for two summers
  • normally doesn't share beverages with people
  • recently discovered that he's allergic to pitted fruits
  • like Beyonce, he excels as a solo artist and was also dressed by his mother well into his teens
  • dated a birthday clown who painted his face in the night and was literally never seen from again
  • had a female prison pen pal named Tony for several years
  • loves Julia Stiles
  • wanted a nose job for his bar mitzvah but got a basketball court from Johnny
  • before Patrick, only said "I love you" to his parents (twice) and at a Mariah Carey concert
  • Love 6

Just finished binge-watching this show over the past week. Love everything about it, but I especially love this character.

However, is it possible to love watching David and Patrick together, yet still ship David and Stevie? I mean yes, I feel bad that it would break Patrick's heart now that he's come out of the closet, but Stevie is, by far, my favorite character and I'd like to see her happy.

But Patrick's proclamation to David that "I'm your Mariah Carey" was just too cute. And yes, I love how happy David seems to be with Patrick, but every time I see Stevie and David together I just totally feel for Stevie.

• Love 5

I know this is for discussion of David Rose, whom I adore, but I just wanted to say that I am going to eagerly watch for what Daniel Levy does after Schitt's Creek as this is just one of my most favorite shows ever.  I love the humanity and warmth of the show.  Now, to ensure that I do discuss David Rose (as this IS his strand), I love the growth he has experienced.  And, his story line with the Blouse Barn is just wonderful-especially how he helped get more for the name rights, was rewarded, and then able to start his own business.

• Love 4

David is just the right amount of snobby without there being any real meanness to it. He is my favorite. I follow Dan on Instagram and he is just the cutest. I'm eager to see what he does after too. Netflix has brought this show a wider audience that didn't know about it, of which I am one, and I'm very glad about that.

• Love 9
On 11/21/2020 at 1:07 PM, Csg2006 said:

Hello,

Can someone please tell me the slogan written on one of the tops worn by David Rose (Daniel Levy) which said 'Beauty & in the front and I can't seem to recall what it said on the back?

Thank you

Hi! I know this is a super late response but I just watched this episode, S05E09 The M.V.P.

The front of David's sweater says "Beauty &" and the back says "& Youth".

18 hours ago, buttersister said:

Watching Singles Week for the hundredth time. David talking to Ted about Alexis, cheering when T and A get back together and telling Patrick that he loved him—sniff—so much growth paying off in one episode.

Completely agree. Every character in the show grows in that episode except maybe Johnny and Stevie, but they're not in it much

Easily my favorite episode of the series. 

Plus, I get to use this all the time!

hey-its-me-dan-levy.gif

• Love 2

How ironic. I was just watching a Hollywood Graveyard video on YT, and one of those featured was a man who wrote the themes for both "Little House on the Prairie" and "Bonanza" named...David Rose! 😋 Apparently, the more famous David Rose also wrote the instrumental song, "The Stripper" (You'd know it if you heard it!) and was apparently, per the video, the first husband of Judy Garland!

Well, Moira was into acting. Maybe it's how David got his name? 😎

• Useful 3