Type keyword(s) to search

Sharesies? Spoilers and Speculation

Well, judging by the teaser at least two of the Castor clones will be important this season. Meh. the one with the hoodie gives me runaway clone vibes.

I was pleasantly surprised to see Charlotte, I hope they do something with her this season cause I'm kinda over Kyra being the super special child. Anyone know what Helena said? Poor girl looks rough.

I hope Rachel's back. She was terrible and terrifying, but I found her tragic and fascinating in her own way.

• Love 1

Promo pics for the first three episodes of season three have been released.

Not a whole lot to divine from these other than the great news that Cosima is looking pretty healthy. And that Donnie seems to be trying to fist bump Alison. He has met her, hasn't he?

Also, Cal is still around. If anyone really cares about him.

Knowing this show that could be one of clones pretending to be Alison. I think I'd like to see Cosima pretend to be Alison. 

Cal should stick to Game of Thrones. He's of no use on this show. Although Paul's still around as well. But I suppose he's part of the male clones in the military storyline. 

The cast of Orphan Black (minus Tatiana Maslany, which is upsetting) will be at C2E2 in Chicago April 25th. They'll be showing some clips for season 3 at the panel. 

Edited by Sakura12

From Entertainment Weekly:

Please tell me Allison is not going to leave Donnie for Jason on Orphan Black. — Ali
Allison will soon confront Jason over the kiss, and the conversation takes a very unexpected turn. While Donnie certainly is jealous, he may find himself the target of affection from a surprising new place.

That last part is about Helena, right?

(edited)

From Entertainment Weekly:

That last part is about Helena, right?

Probably the most logical assumption, what with Helena apparently moving in with the Hendrixes in this upcoming ep.  Previews and trailers and episode synopses though are notorious for sometimes being (quite intentionally) misleading.  But who knows?  It could be Luisa...Pouchy's niece.  She and Donnie seemed to have had kind of a weird vibe going on between them in the last ep.  Donnie, I think, took her aback a bit when he started speaking Portuguese.  True, he mangled the language pretty badly.  But at least he made the effort.  Luisa may have been oddly touched by the gesture.  Donnie at his most goofily lovable.  What girl could resist?  Or, hey!  Maybe it's Marci!

Edited by dampfire

This was on orphan black wikia page for episode 10

Castor and Topside force Sarah to make uneasy alliances. But there is some rest for the wicked, when Donnie gives Helena an unexpected ‘gift’, and the results of Alison’s candidacy finally come in. Even as team Leda takes a moment to breathe, change is afoot and a life hangs in the balance.

I really hope the blood all over Helena(?) is Pouchy and not Jason.

• Love 1

Spec for the season finale! Bases on my impressions and promos!

1. Allison and Donnie get in trouble for Helena's murders. There was a camera recording at the door of the drug dealers. In one of the promos we see a SWAT team approaching what seems like a school, so I'm gonna bet that Allison hears she won but is arrested before she can even say her speech. ooops.

2. Shay is shady, as we've been suspecting all along. But she's not working with Castor. Instead, she's working with the new mysterious faction. We will see her insisting to Cosima that she's got nothing to hide, then we'll get the reveal of who she is really.

3. Rachel has been taken by said new faction. In the promos we can see her being held somewhere with cameras all around her while she shouts "who's keeping me here?!", which is the classic set up for a big reveal at the end. I imagine we will see the mysterious woman again, but his time we will see her face... which is somewhat burned. Rachel will say "hello, Mother".

4. Delphine will figure out that Rachel is not the one in the coma. She will confront Nealand, who will be vague (as villains tend to be and stuff), there will be a struggle and she will kill him.

5. Maybe there will be a hint that the new faction has their own sets of clones, too? I mean. Castor had a twin called Pollux, didn't he? And the Castors seem to be dying out more or less.

• Love 1
(edited)

Spec for the season finale! Bases on my impressions and promos!

1. Allison and Donnie get in trouble for Helena's murders. There was a camera recording at the door of the drug dealers. In one of the promos we see a SWAT team approaching what seems like a school, so I'm gonna bet that Allison hears she won but is arrested before she can even say her speech. ooops.

This definitely adds fuel to my theory that Season 4 will open with Allison in prison. Her storyline this season cribbed so much from "Weeds," it only makes sense that her storyline next season would crib from "Orange is the New Black." 

I know many have rolled their eyes over how derivative Allison's storyline has felt this year, and how much we would prefer to see her more connected with the group instead of isolated...but come on. Don't you want to see Allison in an orange jumpsuit? ;) 

Edited by Fat Elvis 007
  • Love 1
(edited)

So who shot Delphine? Note: There's really no definitive answer since apparently TPTB wanted to leave their options on the table. But I think we can rule some out.

Shay: She certainly was shocked by Delphine's willingness to brutally murder her. If she had been working for Neolution/Topside/whatever all along, she would've had a different reaction. I'm totally buying her as innocent bystander - the writers were not so subtly trying to manipulate us into thinking she's shady, but this always felt like a red herring to me. Her military background should come into play, but more like she'll be killing one for the team, not of the team. Plus, Delphine was totally not surprised when she saw her killer, but she would've been if it had been Shay. So she's out.

Ferdinand: He'd be the most logical choice, being Topside's cleaner. But he gave us some tiny hints that he might not be that big a Neolutionist fan, so I don't see how he could continue to work for Topside after learning that they run the ship. Still possible, but implausible. I'd look elsewhere.

Marion: She seems to have given her daughter to foster care to what appear to be Neolutionists. Then she went back to Toronto to take care of business. Why did she do the dirty work herself? Well, probably because their go-to killer has deflected and their second choice is currently unavailable due to being dissolved in sulfuric acid. Would also be a nice way to re-introduce the character next season. The only problem is that Michelle Forbes might not be coming back at all, so you either recast her, but then the scene falls flat because we don't remember her, or you write her out. Of course you could have her kill Delphine and then die off screen, but I'm not sure that's the best solution. So, who else could it be?

Scott: He's working for Dyad, so him secretly being a Neolutionist wouldn't be much of a stretch. But the character hasn't been written that way, that would be way too out-of-left-field to work. Not to mention that he was scared as shit when Rudy threatened his cat, so it doesn't seem like he could pull off cold blooded murderer. Plus, he was at the dinner that night, and I assume the murder happened right after Delphine left Cosima, so he has an alibi.

Speaking of alibi, Rachel and her mom have a great one too, being in Switzerland at the time. Mrs. Duncan may have ordered the hit, but didn't carry it out herself. And Delphine sure would've been more surprised to see her.

Who's that guy at the top of Castor? There's a good chance he's yet another secret Neolution agent. Seems shady enough to kill Delphine too, and has no alibi. He's my top suspect, along with someone who simply hasn't appeared yet.

Are there any other realistic suspects? I think the killer must've been with or at least connected to Dyad/Topside/Neolution for a while, so that rules out pretty much the rest of the characters we know if the show isn't going to pull some ridiculous mega twist out of nowhere. My conclusion: If it's not Marion or Chief Castor, it can only be Mr. or Mrs. X. 

ETA: Totally forgot the existence of Cal, who has worked for the military in the past, so technically he could still be involved. But he's in Meereen um I mean Iceland with Kiera, so that's another no.

Vic would be a familiar face too and he's a criminal to boot, but more of the petty street criminal variety. Him becoming a hitman would a big step "up". I don't think Neolution would deem him trustworthy enough and he's probably in jail anyway - whatever deal he made with Angie would be invalid now that he couldn't deliver the Hendrixes. Like with Cal and Marion, actor availability is also a big con as he's probably going to play a bigger role on Better Call Saul.

Edited by Conan Troutman
  • Love 4

I got some spec that I wanted to share. I think it's very possible that we will get another set of clones before the series is over, made by the Neolutionists. Here's why I think so:

1. The Leda Greek Myth. I think there are clues there, which is why the Ledas were sort of Castors mother, with Kendall being the Leda original AND the Castor original. In the myth, Leda is Castor's mother. Well, as as I understand it, in the myth Castor has a twin called Pollux. Castor's father was a mortal man, the King of Sparta. Spartans were very hard core... military people. And Pollux was fathered by Zeus. So, there could be a new set of clones made by the Neolutionists, who are being "god" in a way, who want to manipulate genetics and play god.

2. Every faction has had a clone so far. The military had Castors. Dyad had Leda. The Proleatheans led by the dude who impregnated Helena had their own little clone who died. So it makes sense that the Neos would have their own. Hell, they are the ones more likely to have their own. They are really into genetic engineering. A lot of them are scientists. They have with them Susan Duncan, who helped make the first batch of clones. Their goal would probably be to make a modified human, you know, self directed evolution and all that.

3. The Castors died out, which I thought was really weird. They didn't just stop being a threat, they died (except Mark). Maybe it was to make space for new clones later.

If I am right, I hope they at least make the new clones females, though. Maybe they will be kids at this point, or maybe they will be right about to be implanted in women, or born.

• Love 1
(edited)

It occurred to me while doing some re-watching recently that Leda should really follow the lead of the Proleatheans.  They moved the science forward in the easiest way possible--by trying to create the second generation of Leda via Helena's babies.  If Keira is so special (they haven't highlighted this since season 1--but her superhuman healing abilities and possibly ESP are striking) then they should really de-emphasize trying to make Leda work. 

It occurs to me that if Rachel wanted a child so badly, she had Keira for days-weeks--long enough to harvest her genetic material and clone her...she could have had her own baby Keira within a year, no kidnapping required and no losing battles with Sarah.  Neolution probably would be very interested in Keira's superior evolutionary traits.  So I predict that they will have cloned her or tried to do something with that material.  Keira's powers are exactly what neolution would want, not the dying Leda line. 

Edited by Glade
  • Love 1
(edited)

What if each sestra actually has TWO monitors one from Leda and another from the Neo's?

• Cosima: Delphine and Scott
  • Allison: Donnie and Aynsley
  • Beth: Paul and Art
  • Rachel: Daniel and Dr. Nealon

Although Sarah was outside of Dynetec's realm but I still think that Ms. S (and perhaps Felix) are Sarah's monitors. I question why Ms. S left the UK with Felix if he was not important to "the cause". We were already told that Donnie set up Allison in high school so it is not beyond belief that Felix could have been paired with Sarah at 8 years old. He is the only person she trusts and stays in contact with and he in turn stays in contact with Ms. S.

Helena case is still confusing... who trained her? Was it really Tomas? She seems to be the only lone wolf.

That said I think it was Scott who shot Delphine.
Scott has Cosima's full trust

Scott follows Cosima to Dynatec
Scott got the book from Cosima
Scott figured out the code
Scott spent hours with Rachel supposedly playing a game
Scott organized Rachel's break out from Dynatec
Scott made sure that there was only one copy of the book

... but I think Dephine figured it out and left a message with Shay to give to Cosima after her death. There was a number on the card she gave Shay.

Edited by Hanna
  • Love 1
(edited)

"The epigenetic implications ... are just mind blowing"

This is the conversation Cosima is having at the Bubble's dinner.

The key is not in the genome (Ms. S's mother) that is just a red herring. 

The real key is ... AMELIA!!!

In genetics, epigenetics is the study of cellular and physiological trait variations that are not caused by changes in the DNA sequence; in layman's terms, epigenetics is essentially the study of external or environmental factors that turn genes on and off and affect how cells read genes.[1] Hence, epigenetic research seeks to describe dynamic alterations in the transcriptional potential of a cell. These alterations may or may not be heritable, although the use of the term "epigenetic" to describe processes that are not heritable is controversial.[2] Unlike genetics based on changes to the DNA sequence (the genotype), the changes in gene expression or cellular phenotype of epigenetics have other causes, thus use of the prefix epi- (Greek: επί- over, outside of, around).[3][4]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epigenetics

What does this mean? Well, it could mean that the reason Sarah and Helena are different and are fertile is that something happened in the womb during Amelia's pregnancy that switched off the coded DNA sequence and switched back on their fertility and supercharged their ability to heal that was passed on to Kira.

We have been given at least three hints:
1. Dr. Leekie was doing experiments on manufacturing amniotic fluid
2. The Castor boys sperm could render women infertile (outside influence could turn off fertility) so why can't the opposite be true?
3. Cosima comes right out and says it "The epigentic implications ... are just mind blowing"

However, hold on to your hats--- the reverse is also true: fetomaternal chimerism

In humans (and perhaps in all Placentals) the most common form is fetomaternal microchimerism (also known as fetal cell microchimerism or fetal chimerism) whereby cells from a fetus pass through the placenta and establish cell lineages within the mother. Fetal cells have been documented to persist and multiply in the mother for several decades.[1][2] The exact phenotype of these cells is unknown, although several different cell types have been identified, such as various immune lineages, mesenchymal stem cells, and placental-derived cells.[3] A 2012 study at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, has detected cells with the Y chromosome in multiple areas of the brains of dead women.[4]                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               The potential health consequences of these cells are currently unknown. One hypothesis is that these fetal cells might trigger a graft-versus-host reaction leading to autoimmune disease. This offers a potential explanation for why many autoimmune diseases are more prevalent in middle-aged women.[5] The other main theory is that fetal cells home to injured or diseased maternal tissue where they act as stem cells and participate in repair.[6][7] It is also possible that the fetal cells are merely innocent bystanders and have no effect on maternal health. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microchimerism

Of course this is just a television show but the basic science does exist and shows like this are just exaggerating the science 1000%

But in this vain I am going to predict that Amelie is still alive. I think she survived the stabbing because she has cells from both Sarah and Helena giving her the ability to heal rapidly.

Edited by Hanna
  • Love 1
... but I think Dephine figured it out and left a message with Shay to give to Cosima after her death. There was a number on the card she gave Shay.

The number was 324b21, which is Cosimas clone tag. The message was to prove to Cosima that she was okay with Cosima telling Shay everything.

And Donnie was recruited AFTER he was already dating Allison in college, or so he said.

I understand the logic behind people thinking Scott is Delphine's shooter but I really just want him to stay a cute, awkward, "toothy" friend to Cosima so I'm crossing my fingers it isn't him. If it's true the clones had two monitors and Art was Beth's other one then that's 2 out of 5 non clones in clone club who aren't working in the clones' best interest. I really hope the show doesn't go that way and leave Felix, Donnie & Mrs S as the clones' only allies. Although Aynsley actually being a monitor might relieve Alison of some guilt though what she did was still unacceptable.

• Love 3

I don't think there were two monitors for them. But I do think it's possible that there is something in Felix's past. Even Mrs. S's freaking mom was connected to all of this, yet we know nothing about Felix. I'm bracing myself for something. I'm no longer sure that he was just a random kid who just happened to be there.

• Love 2
(edited)

I don't think there were two monitors for them. But I do think it's possible that there is something in Felix's past. Even Mrs. S's freaking mom was connected to all of this, yet we know nothing about Felix. I'm bracing myself for something. I'm no longer sure that he was just a random kid who just happened to be there.

There are two of everything. The whole show is about duality and duplicity. That is why I think that there are two monitors because it makes sense. Cosima said herself that if she were running this kind of study she would have her subject carefully monitored. Well we know that both Dyad and the Neo's are running this study. Dyad is open and what we see however the Neo's have been in the study since the beginning it would be logical that they are monitoring also. What did Dr. Nealon say to Delphine before she killed him ... something about that they had no clue about the science that was happening? So this leads me to believe that 

Leda had TWO sets of twins - the boys Castor and Pollux and the girls - Helen (of Troy) and Clytemnestra. Each set of twins had TWO fathers - Tyndareus and Leda are the parents of Castor and Clytemnestra - Zeus and Leda are the parents of Pollux and Helen.

Zeus disguised himself as a swan to impregnate Leda, so his original identity is unknown (for now).

What we do know by the end of season 3 is that Leda is Kendall Malone (Mrs. S' mother) and that Tyndareus is Ethan Duncan. My guess is that who ever is running Topside is Zeus. Ethan and the Unknown Zeus may not actually be the biological fathers but they are the "father" of two totally different projects that are using the same clones.

Edited by Hanna
  • Love 2
(edited)

2. The Castor boys sperm could render women infertile (outside influence could turn off fertility) so why can't the opposite be true?

What would be the opposite of that?

My guess is that who ever is running Topside is Zeus.

You're probably right on that one.

I tried to read the rest of your posts, but I just can't follow right now. You just tripled the already dense plot.

fetomaternal chimerism

Okay, now I'll have to pass. I can make sense of the individual components of the sentence, but when I try to pull them together, my brain starts to hurt.

Go Ally! Go Helena!

Edited by Conan Troutman
  • Love 1

There are two of everything. The whole show is about duality and duplicity. That is why I think that there are two monitors because it makes sense. Cosima said herself that if she were running this kind of study she would have her subject carefully monitored. Well we know that both Dyad and the Neo's are running this study. Dyad is open and what we see however the Neo's have been in the study since the beginning it would be logical that they are monitoring also. What did Dr. Nealon say to Delphine before she killed him ... something about that they had no clue about the science that was happening? So this leads me to believe that

I agree that Neos have been on top of everything from the start. But that doesn't mean having their own monitors on everyone, because they infiltrated Dyad. They wouldn't really need extra monitors because they can just access the Dyad info.

I can believe that the Neos threw in some new spies when things got more interesting with the Seestras. I can imagine Scott being recruited at some point (I hope not), for example. But Art, Mrs. S, Felix, Aynsley  all being being monitors too seems like too much, even for this show.

What did Dr. Nealon say to Delphine before she killed him ... something about that they had no clue about the science that was happening? So this leads me to believe that

She said that Neolution was pop science, or something like that, and he said that wherever she thought the science was at, she was wrong, meaning that they are much more advanced that she thinks, like we saw with Rachel's eye and his wtf worm.

• Love 1
(edited)

******** Spoilers for ep 9 S4.*********

Out of curiosity I checked IMDB to see if Delphine will be appearing in the S4 finale and was kind of surprised I didn't see her listed,since she was in the very end of ep 9. But they could just be hiding the fact that she will be there. Anyone have any scoops?

nevermind

Edited by Valny

We have a penultimate episode description. 

One Fettered Slave: A devastating loss is suffered; Sarah learns that Helena has been kidnapped; Clone Club bands together to find Helena before her babies are born.

Beyond ecstatic to see Helena at the center of the climax.  A major Clone Club death also seems imminent.

• Love 1

Mrs. S orders the sisters to celebrate Felix's art opening; Sarah remains on edge with a nagging suspicion that S is hiding something.

(I think we all know what a premature celebration means. Siobhan ain't surviving that Ferdinand fight).

(edited)

I assumed someone big would die before season's end, and she was on my short list as a possibility, and yep. I'll be surprised if she doesn't die next week.

She's someone that will be a huge blow to the characters and the audience (as opposed to Rachel), but still someonr who isn't as devastating a lost as say Sarah would be for Kira/Felix/S or Helena to her babies.

My only hope is that she at least doesn't die at the hands of fucking Ferdinand. I hope she goes out with a bang and on her own terms. Poor Sarah is gonna be so upset, they've come such a long way together.

I'm guessing the thing Sarah suspects she's hiding is who her other source is (I'm guessing Mark or very possibly Ferdinhand himself somehow, though why she'd trust him after MK, I don't know), or possibly Mrs S dies because she's coming up with some big plan she knows is going to get her killed, and she's trying to keep everyone unaware.

Edited by colorbars

Final episode description.

To Right the Wrongs of Many: Helena takes shelter behind enemy lines, and Sarah and Art struggle to protect her and end the siege.

Couldn't think of a better three to tie the series.

Still suspicious of Art making it out all swell and dandy.

I didn't know where else to put this -- since the series is over it's not a spoiler, obviously. Spoilers more for a book, though it's not new either.

I finally read Dan Brown's Inferno, (author of The Da Vinci Code), and was surprised to find some similarities to Orphan Black. The book came out in 2013, which is when the show started, but I had to wonder if Fawcett and Manson were influenced for where the show went. The Neolution movement, genetic enhancement, even Coady's agenda -- all similar to elements in the book though not exact. It could be coincidence; the issues may have been in the news and they were similarly inspired, but it was interesting, especially since they both launched in the same year.