Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

🟡 Yellow Light: Community Check-In This sub-forum is currently under a Yellow Light status. While we celebrate the vibrant discussions happening here, there is room for improvement to meet our community standards for respectful and inclusive dialogue. Here's our focus:

- Improvement Period: We have until 4/6/24 to elevate the quality of our conversations. Without this improvement, the Topic (and potentially forum) will be audited at a deeper level, red lit, and potentially scheduled to close. 

- Guidance: Let’s highlight what’s working and improve on what’s not. Constructive, respectful dialogue that values all voices is our goal. Please use the tags in this document to demonstrate the changes happening of more intentional community conversations.  

-Assistance: Unsure about how to contribute in a healthy way? Check out our DEI Resources for tips and best practices. Use tags: #RespectfulDebate, #kindness, #globalcitizenship to highlight areas you are seeing improvement in the overall culture of this Forum!

- Your Contribution: Your voice matters. Help us steer these discussions back on track and aim for a Green Light. Together, we can ensure this forum is a welcoming space for all. Your insights and respectful participation are key to our success!

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

From the Well, We Knew This Was Coming Department: Sandoval will infest Season 3 of The Traitors. Look for this to re-air on Bravo at some point. (Dorinda Medley and Dolores Catania are also in the cast.) 

Alan Cumming is a delight.

I’m looking for interest to drop off. Law of diminishing returns and all that.

Why is Alan Cumming hosting a show that they cast with D-list TV performers? I have not watched The Traitors yet, but isn’t Alan an award-winning A-lister?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Why is Alan Cumming hosting a show that they cast with D-list TV performers? I have not watched The Traitors yet, but isn’t Alan an award-winning A-lister?

He’s been the host since the start. It’s filmed in Scotland, and Alan is an absolute hoot. No pretense about the man at all. In fact, he has a cabaret-style show with Ari Shapiro of NPR and the group Pink Martini. They did a concert last winter at a venue near me, and I wish I had gone to see it. I think he and Kate Chastain (she was on the show) have become good friends, too.

I like The US Traitors. There is also an Australian, UK, and New Zealand version. The Australian and UK versions aren’t as top-heavy with celebs as the US version. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I watched the first season because they had Cirie from Survivor on it and I absolutely adore her. But frankly the cast consisted of too many jerk housewives and Bravolebrities that I can't stand on Season 2 so I never watched.  Sandoval is the reason I won't watch Season 3.  I will predict that he will be made a Traitor right off.  

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Oh you have to start watching this show!!  Alan is delicious in a campy kind of way.  It's seriously addictive!

• Like 5
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

I watched the first season because they had Cirie from Survivor on it and I absolutely adore her. But frankly the cast consisted of too many jerk housewives and Bravolebrities that I can't stand on Season 2 so I never watched.  Sandoval is the reason I won't watch Season 3.  I will predict that he will be made a Traitor right off.  

He would be sussed out so fast.

Frankly, the overseas versions I think are better because they have people from all walks of life. One (I think Australia, been awhile) had a supermarket checkout clerk as a traitor.

• Applause 1
3 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

One (I think Australia, been awhile) had a supermarket checkout clerk as a traitor.

In the first season they had regular folk mixed with Reality "Starz".  I'd rather want a regular people on this - a la the original "Mole."  

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I’m seriously pissed. I love that show. He’s going to ruin this season for me. I may have to bow out this season. Luckily they have other versions. UK is really good. Haven’t watched Australia yet.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
11 minutes ago, Jennifersdc said:

I’m seriously pissed. I love that show. He’s going to ruin this season for me. I may have to bow out this season. Luckily they have other versions. UK is really good. Haven’t watched Australia yet.

Same.  Season 2 was fantastic and Alan Cumming is the perfect house.  Fingers crossed they vote Sandoval out first. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
(edited)
47 minutes ago, Jennifersdc said:

I’m seriously pissed. I love that show. He’s going to ruin this season for me. I may have to bow out this season.

My first thought was the same as yours.  But I look forward with glee to the Housewives joining forces with the Big Brother women to circle Sandoval like hungry wolves stalking their prey, make him weep in terror, and then vote him out first.  That would be delightful.

Either that or the Survivor dudes will eat Sandoval alive and he'll vote himself out.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 2
6 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

He would be sussed out so fast.

Frankly, the overseas versions I think are better because they have people from all walks of life. One (I think Australia, been awhile) had a supermarket checkout clerk as a traitor.

I keep thinking it'll be like S1 when everyone was so convinced that Kate had to be a traitor but they kept voting other people out. I still do not understand that strategy.

And I didn't mind having the reality people on in S1 but I realized in S2 that you do need non-reality people in the mix. S2 kind of turned into the Sharks (Bravolebrities) vs the Jets (Viacomtestants) and it was not nearly as entertaining to me.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
4 hours ago, KristenR said:

I keep thinking it'll be like S1 when everyone was so convinced that Kate had to be a traitor but they kept voting other people out. I still do not understand that strategy.

And I didn't mind having the reality people on in S1 but I realized in S2 that you do need non-reality people in the mix. S2 kind of turned into the Sharks (Bravolebrities) vs the Jets (Viacomtestants) and it was not nearly as entertaining to me.

They managed to cast the many of the Bravolebrities I loathe so I didn't even watch.  Can't stand MJ, can't stand Phaedra, can't stand Sheree and wasn't that asshole Reza on as well.  Nah.  Done.

Wonder if Lala or Scheana is going to bitch that they've had this dream of being on "The Traitors".....

• LOL 6

Okay. I just watched a couple seconds on Facebook of Ally Bally and James. She’s singing at one of his gigs. 

James seems to attract ulterior motive Stepford Wife energy. 

• LOL 3
4 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Okay. I just watched a couple seconds on Facebook of Ally Bally and James. She’s singing at one of his gigs. 

James seems to attract ulterior motive Stepford Wife energy. 

Trust me, we are all going loathe her quickly. I give you Exhibit A: Raquel

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

It’s insane on Facebook and reddit. Billie Lee is feuding with Sandoval and his girlfriend. Supposedly, before Sandoval departed for The Traitors, they had been partying hard and sleeping in until maybe dinner time? Victoria and Sandoval argue a lot. She wanted Ariana’s possessions out of that house. 

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

It’s insane on Facebook and reddit. Billie Lee is feuding with Sandoval and his girlfriend. Supposedly, before Sandoval departed for The Traitors, they had been partying hard and sleeping in until maybe dinner time? Victoria and Sandoval argue a lot. She wanted Ariana’s possessions out of that house. 

Girl, I say this with affection, all those minutes you spend reading this tripe, you're gonna want that time back at the end of your life. For real!

• Sad 1
  • LOL 2
On 6/6/2024 at 2:50 PM, laurakaye said:

My first thought was the same as yours.  But I look forward with glee to the Housewives joining forces with the Big Brother women to circle Sandoval like hungry wolves stalking their prey, make him weep in terror, and then vote him out first.  That would be delightful.

Either that or the Survivor dudes will eat Sandoval alive and he'll vote himself out.

My first thought: Well, I won't be watching. Then I see Boston Rob, Bob the Drag Queen, and Dorinda Medley? Oh, I'll be watching. Sandoval thinks he's this super unique, compelling guy—and he's the epitome of medicre failure to launch. Being around anyone who has any brains, game, creativity, and—in Dorinda's case, the ability to both make it nice and also make it not well, bitch—he's going to be the most extra cringe, and now I'm kinda low-key excited. 

Scheana has revealed who she is so many times and it continues to be boring. I look forward to reading Summer Moon's tell-all when I'm in assisted living...

Billie is so messy but she's looking really great. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Stiggs said:

Scheana has revealed who she is so many times and it continues to be boring. I look forward to reading Summer Moon's tell-all when I'm in assisted living...

lol! Summer is one of the cutest kids I've ever seen. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, surfgirl said:

Girl, I say this with affection, all those minutes you spend reading this tripe, you're gonna want that time back at the end of your life. For real!

I have no life!!!! 🙃

• LOL 2
5 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Now Kyle Chan and Victoria are claiming that Billie asked Sandoval if he would be her sperm donor, and can her child use his last name.

Wait. What?!? I don’t mean to be insensitive…especially during Pride month and as the parent of a trans/nonbinary kid myself… But what is Billie Lee going to do with a sperm donor? She does not have a womb and the other necessary equipment to use said sperm. Totally none of my business but they put this out there so now they’re making me evaluate the practicality of the matter; depending on the extent of Billie’s transition, she could potentially be her own sperm donor (though maybe not without going off hormones) and technically needs to secure herself a surrogate. Again, no disrespect. There just seems to be some technicalities in Kyle and Victoria’s story here. Though, if she’s also securing a surrogate, then the scenario would make sense.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

I just saw that Victoria/ Kyle interview.  What a mess!  Victoria I think claimed that BL attempted to roofie Tom, but BL made that same claim about Kyle….?  Victoria says she slurs her words, not because of drugs but because of a brain injury, and she doesn’t work because she takes care of her dad who also has a brain injury.  Kyle is playing the nice guy and while making these claims about BL is asking everyone to be kind to her and he won’t sue her for slander.  They both also showed text messages that don’t prove anything.  And Victoria implied that there was video proof of some conversation but wouldn’t give a straight yes or no that it really existed.

• Mind Blown 3
12 hours ago, Stiggs said:

My first thought: Well, I won't be watching. Then I see Boston Rob, Bob the Drag Queen, and Dorinda Medley? Oh, I'll be watching. Sandoval thinks he's this super unique, compelling guy—and he's the epitome of medicre failure to launch. Being around anyone who has any brains, game, creativity, and—in Dorinda's case, the ability to both make it nice and also make it not well, bitch—he's going to be the most extra cringe, and now I'm kinda low-key excited. 

Billie is so messy but she's looking really great. 

You are correct. I won’t be able to pass up Bob the Drag Queen and Mariano. 

Except for Phaedra (who was fabulous) I wasn’t terribly impressed by the HW’s though last season. I have high hopes for Dorinda. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

These social media posts are indicative of Vanderpump Rules cast and cast-adjacent individuals spiraling. 

They are claiming ridiculous stuff and are contradicting themselves and what we are privy to. 

If Victoria and Sandoval are already arguing all the time, it’s one of the shortest honeymoon phases in history.

• Like 2
49 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

These social media posts are indicative of Vanderpump Rules cast and cast-adjacent individuals spiraling. 

They are claiming ridiculous stuff and are contradicting themselves and what we are privy to. 

If Victoria and Sandoval are already arguing all the time, it’s one of the shortest honeymoon phases in history.

The timing is funny too - this all happened when he had to go off radar while filming Traitors.  Did they start this knowing that he won’t be able to respond for a while?  Did Tom himself set something in motion, hoping they could start enough drama to inspire production to pick up a bit sooner, since he desperately needs the money?   

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Jennifersdc said:

You are correct. I won’t be able to pass up Bob the Drag Queen and Mariano. 

I have really done a 180 on Rob Mariano - I used to loathe the guy but he's grown on me over the years.  And I give him full marks - that thunderbolt love at first sight with Amber was the real deal.  He is really the master manipulator in these situations - but my guess is that like Tommy the Turd, his reputation precedes him and he'll be gotten rid of at the first opportunity.

A tad off topic but I wonder why Russell Hantz hasn't managed to finagle his way onto another show (or has he and I've mercifully missed it?) 

On 6/7/2024 at 8:14 PM, Stiggs said:

My first thought: Well, I won't be watching. Then I see Boston Rob, Bob the Drag Queen, and Dorinda Medley? Oh, I'll be watching.

Now I will be too! 😄. Can you tell me when and where I can find this show?

17 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

A tad off topic but I wonder why Russell Hantz hasn't managed to finagle his way onto another show (or has he and I've mercifully missed it?) 

I believe he was banned from the Survivor universe after he was caught selling spoilers - maybe that's why others don't want him either.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, princelina said:

I believe he was banned from the Survivor universe after he was caught selling spoilers - maybe that's why others don't want him either.

I wondered if that blackballing from the Survivorverse was the reason.  Also he has all the charm of a cobra and is full of himself.  His nephew was just as bad.  

• Like 1
4 hours ago, princelina said:

I think it’s on Peacock. I believe they are filming now. Not sure when it will be on - I got distracted by the cast and ignored the rest. 🤣

• LOL 1

It’s Peacock. Peacock is surprising good even if not big Bravo fan. I ended up choosing it over the other two main network apps after free trials. Who doesn’t need Law & Order with no commercials whenever you feel the urge?

• Like 2
(edited)
On 6/7/2024 at 4:31 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

I happened to watch a YouTube podcast by this failed comedienne last night and was going to ask about this. I think I lost intelligence watching it because the hostess would run five seconds of an interview and then repeat it in a funny voice and then rewind back to it and repeat what she did later. 🙄  

I have no idea why Billie Lee is feuding with Sandoval and Victoria, nor why the former is bad-mouthing Sandoval. at least I think that's what was going on. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Gharlane

I started to watch that video before realizing it was almost 3 hours long 😂 then I found a 15 minute video by this YouTuber I watch, she puts together these funny VPR montage videos (there is a 40 minute one on her channel devotes to Jo and holy crap I had no idea exactly how stalkery her behavior was, but it’s exactly what Schwartz deserves, the way he treats women.  Speaking of what the Toms deserve, here’s the 15 minute one about the Victoria/ Billie mess: 

• Useful 1
16 hours ago, Jennifersdc said:

It’s Peacock. Peacock is surprising good even if not big Bravo fan. I ended up choosing it over the other two main network apps after free trials. Who doesn’t need Law & Order with no commercials whenever you feel the urge?

Seems like most people's favorite is Netflix, but because I love my Housewives and whatnot, I'm a Peacock girl. There really is indeed a ton on there other than Bravo stuff. 

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Jennifersdc said:

Except not all seasons (or at least last time I checked).  I ended up buying Seasons 1-4 on Amazon because they weren't on Peacock.  Mostly because Michael Moriarty has been my TV boyfriend since I first saw him do Glass Menagerie with Katharine Hepburn (and ironically, Sam Waterston, who replaced him on L&O).  

2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Seems like most people's favorite is Netflix, but because I love my Housewives and whatnot, I'm a Peacock girl. There really is indeed a ton on there other than Bravo stuff. 

Nope, you're not alone - Peacock is my #1 too.  I do a binge of Dateline or an old season of Housewives every so often.  

• Love 1

A random podcast popped up right after I finished final reunion episode with Ronnie and Ben (they nailed BlahBlah and her BS perfectly). It was an interview with Jo and some VP Rules recappers I’m not familiar with. I could only get through less than 30 minutes. They were kissing each other’s ass. I guess she’s the only “cast member” they can get.

Whatever Jo may say now she was obviously a fan girl. Went on and on how she’d been listening to their podcast since the beginning (they’ve been doing it since Season 5) and how Erika Jayne is her favorite housewife. Who admits that (Erika)? Bye girl…

Like Rachel (who Jo also declared was her “best friend”) there is something just off with this girl. I really think she had this fantasy of joining the show as Schwartz’ girlfriend, being welcomed with open arms and a future Season revolving around their wedding. Kind of sad actually. Except that she seems quite determined to haunt Schwartz for the foreseeable future. That’s pretty well-deserved. You go girl…

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Jennifersdc said:

A random podcast popped up right after I finished final reunion episode with Ronnie and Ben (they nailed BlahBlah and her BS perfectly). It was an interview with Jo and some VP Rules recappers I’m not familiar with. I could only get through less than 30 minutes. They were kissing each other’s ass. I guess she’s the only “cast member” they can get.

Whatever Jo may say now she was obviously a fan girl. Went on and on how she’d been listening to their podcast since the beginning (they’ve been doing it since Season 5) and how Erika Jayne is her favorite housewife. Who admits that (Erika)? Bye girl…

Like Rachel (who Jo also declared was her “best friend”) there is something just off with this girl. I really think she had this fantasy of joining the show as Schwartz’ girlfriend, being welcomed with open arms and a future Season revolving around their wedding. Kind of sad actually. Except that she seems quite determined to haunt Schwartz for the foreseeable future. That’s pretty well-deserved. You go girl…

Jo just keeps flapping her mouth. The more she talks, the worse she looks. It’s odd, because I actually thought she and Schwartz did make a good couple. She’s weird, and he gets a kick out of how weird she is. 
But of course, we find out that she’s a congenital liar. 
And I agree that Schwartz deserves some conflict in his life.

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Jo just keeps flapping her mouth. The more she talks, the worse she looks. It’s odd, because I actually thought she and Schwartz did make a good couple. She’s weird, and he gets a kick out of how weird she is. 
But of course, we find out that she’s a congenital liar. 
And I agree that Schwartz deserves some conflict in his life.

Thank you for talking about the actual show! Jo is digging a bigger hole daily. She really seems mentally unstable. Rhis show seems to attract unstable people: Doughty, Billie, Raquel/Rachel/Rocky/Raquel, Jo, and then all the nutter Pump waitresses whose names I've forgotten.

• Like 2
(edited)
13 hours ago, surfgirl said:

Thank you for talking about the actual show! Jo is digging a bigger hole daily. She really seems mentally unstable. This show seems to attract unstable people: Doute, Billie, Raquel/Rachel/Rocky, Jo, and then all the nutter Pump waitresses whose names I've forgotten.

Last night I watched Season I, Unseen Footage, which I somehow never watched before. After LVP became the breakout star of the RHoBH, they wanted to cash in on her popularity by giving her a spinoff. They first thought a show focusing on Villa Blanca made sense, since LVP shot so many of her scenes there. But LVP said that SUR was much more dramatic. They auditioned everyone who worked there. When they found out how many of them had had sex with one another, and how many of them were feuding, they thought that they hit the jackpot.

I originally thought Jax was really handsome and resembled my gorgeous college boyfriend. But watching this footage of Season I, I don’t think he was as attractive as he thought he was.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2

Billy Lee seems insane.  From these podcasts, etc I glean that Billy Lee fell in love with Sandoval, and really tried her best to win him over but ended up going crazy because she is in the friend-zone with him.  

She wanted him to donate sperm but I’m unclear how she would get pregnant, maybe a surrogate.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Last night I watched Season I, Unseen Footage, which I somehow never watched before. After LVP became the breakout star of the RHoBH, they wanted to cash in on her popularity by giving her a spinoff. They first thought a show focusing on Villa Blanca made sense, since LVP shot so many of her scenes there. But LVP said that SUR was much more dramatic. They auditioned everyone who worked there. When they found out how many of them had had sex with one another, and how many of them were feuding, they thought that they hit the jackpot.

I originally thought Jax was really handsome and resembled my gorgeous college boyfriend. But watching this footage of Season I, I don’t think he was as attractive as he thought he was.

They really did hit the jackpot with the chuckleheads. 

When I first saw just a bit of the show many years ago, Jax was the only man I found attractive. I thought the Toms were too pretty/metrosexual, and James looked like a kid. As much grief as he got for being an “old man,” I liked that Jax looked like a man despite being a goodlooking guy who modeled. I can appreciate the Toms’ looks more now, and James’ looks have really matured despite the fact he probably wears a smaller size of jeans than my skinny woman ass can fit into. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Billy Lee seems insane.  From these podcasts, etc I glean that Billy Lee fell in love with Sandoval, and really tried her best to win him over but ended up going crazy because she is in the friend-zone with him.  

She wanted him to donate sperm but I’m unclear how she would get pregnant, maybe a surrogate.

She must have fallen really hard for Sandoval. Despite knowing what he did to Ariana, how he recorded Rachel without her consent, she found him irresistible and worthy of her love. She had to listen to him for months complaining about Ariana, Lala and Scheana. She had to see photographs of him with various women. She probably even went to his concerts. What a huge investment of time, energy and patience. For him to friend-zone her is humiliating. 

My sister advised my trans niece to freeze her sperm before she began transitioning.

Billie will have to pay for a donor egg and a surrogate. Very expensive.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
On 5/28/2024 at 9:34 AM, Carolina Girl said:

I tend to agree - the amount of media whore-ness going on, having that video or having even a claim to seeing that video would guarantee you at least five minutes on TMZ or Entertainment Tonight.  And these folks and many others will take that five minutes.  

All of them would be sued if they posted, or aired that video.

• Like 1
On 6/1/2024 at 12:43 AM, RealHousewife said:

I could have sworn Lisa said in her interview on Call Her Daddy that what she wants is some time and then possibly bring the show back with some new cast members. 

The Valley has nothing to do with Lisa except for the fact it has cast members from her show, correct? If it does go the direction of the Vanderpump Rules cast either heading to The Valley or off reality TV, I'm sure that will be a huge disappointment to Lisa. 

I see a new cast if the show continues.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
On 6/7/2024 at 11:59 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Now Kyle Chan and Victoria are claiming that Billie asked Sandoval if he would be her sperm donor, and can her child use his last name.

Humor Boomer GIF

On 6/10/2024 at 6:30 AM, Kiki777 said:

I started to watch that video before realizing it was almost 3 hours long 😂

Sorry about that! It was running live when I stumbled upon it.

On 6/10/2024 at 11:26 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Jo just keeps flapping her mouth. The more she talks, the worse she looks.

I call it "VPR Syndrome" because everyone on this show appears inversely good with the amount of time they get camera time.

• LOL 3
On 6/6/2024 at 11:57 AM, Carolina Girl said:

In the first season they had regular folk mixed with Reality "Starz".  I'd rather want a regular people on this - a la the original "Mole."  

Yes! I enjoy it a lot more when it’s just everyday folks. Bravo should stop being lazy by going to its own stable of shows and Survivor for casting. 

Looking to finish Australia Season 1 tonight, and can’t wait to see how it plays out. 

4 hours ago, ZettaK said:

I see a new cast if the show continues.

Are you talking about VR or The Valley? Came in late to the discussion. 

On 6/8/2024 at 9:16 AM, Kiki777 said:

The timing is funny too - this all happened when he had to go off radar while filming Traitors.  Did they start this knowing that he won’t be able to respond for a while?  Did Tom himself set something in motion, hoping they could start enough drama to inspire production to pick up a bit sooner, since he desperately needs the money?   

It could be, but it seems to me they are all assholes.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

What floors me is that Billie claims to have been Sandy's "best friend" and on the show Schwartz claimed the skeevy Max is his "best friend".  I thought the Toms were best friends?