Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

Just now, Rumsy4 said:

Emma and Archie scene filming.

“Once Upon a Time filmed a sequence of Dr. Archie Hopper (Raphael Sbarge) talking to Emma Swan (Jennifer Morrison) outside his office in Storybrooke. He keeps talking and she drives away.”

Hmm... I wonder if he told her to take a break or something. 

Well, Emma needs an episode to apologize to Regina and make her feel better.  The threat must not be not that bad (aka The Evil Queen is still skulking in the forest) if they're going for a spa date.  Maybe we'll be treated to a flashback where that brat Snow calls Regina ugly, which was the catalyst for Regina being obsessed with her appearance to hide the pain of loneliness and heartbreak.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1

Granny being there is kind of alarming. I think we've got the invasion of the heart snatchers.

Zelena is the wild card in all of that. I wouldn't be surprised if they're not recycling that double agent/spying plot they had with Regina back in 4B, but with Zelena this time.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

Granny being there is kind of alarming. I think we've got the invasion of the heart snatchers.

Zelena is the wild card in all of that. I wouldn't be surprised if they're not recycling that double agent/spying plot they had with Regina back in 4B, but with Zelena this time.

I was wondering if Granny had a side business! But there was apparently a Goldilocks on-set. Maybe Granny just needed some "me" time.

Or they'll recycle the plot from 5B with Zelena against the heroes but rejecting evil in the end.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Souris said:

Or they'll recycle the plot from 5B with Zelena against the heroes but rejecting evil in the end.

I don't know. They'll probably leave that plot point ambiguous.

Pistachio also looks much older than Do Over the last time we saw him.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I don't know. They'll probably leave that plot point ambiguous.

Pistachio also looks much older than Do Over the last time we saw him.

Side effect of Dark Swan's pregnancy-progressing onion rings? LOL!

• Love 1

So the spa actually involved Zelena, Rumple, Granny & the EQ apparently. Very odd.

Sounds like the beginning of a joke. "So the Wicked Witch, Rumplestiltskin, Red Riding Hood's grandma and the Evil Queen walk into a day spa..."

Side effect of Dark Swan's pregnancy-progressing onion rings? LOL!

Make it happen! Magical SORAS.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 4
On Thursday, August 25, 2016 at 1:25 PM, Rumsy4 said:

Hmm... I wonder if he told her to take a break or something.  

I  think after they shot the Emma/Archie scene they went on to film the CS meeting and kiss by the docks.Which looks to be night time. We don't have any context but the CS meeting appears to end with Emma walking away. The feel I get is a good bye of sorts..but she was supposedly smiling when she walked away so maybe he works there now and she just popped out to say hello or give him an update or something like that....certainly they both look pretty calm and happy...

Just my impression...

• Love 1

My guess is the CS scene is the end of the ep. I think Hook is working at the docks (in one of the pics, he appears to be tugging on the rope of a small boat) and Emma stopped by because she wanted to see him after whatever she went through during the bulk of the ep. Perhaps he isn't done with work for the day yet, so Emma leaves to go home.

And then perhaps somebody comes out of the shadows and does something to one of them ... dun dun dun, tune in next week to "Dark Waters"!

Edited by Souris
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Souris said:

And then perhaps somebody comes out of the shadows and does something to one of them ... dun dun dun, tune in next week to "Dark Waters"!

"Emma, what's wrong?"

"Archie told me that Saviors can't have happy endings because they always have to put their job before the people they love. All the past Saviors suffered like this, and so will I."

"Luv, you don't have to worry at all. You're different. Trust me, no matter what happened in the past, you have the power to control what happens now. Don't let past events haunt you."

Next week on "Dark Waters": Hook is literally haunted by past events.

• Love 4

The Dallas and Warehouse 13 alum will play the hardened leader of the Nautilus submarine, who’s a zealous believer in a cause that takes him from 20,000 leagues under the sea to the destiny that he won’t let anyone prevent him from achieving.

Captain Hook and Captain Nemo will have a brief meeting in the past while Hook is out buying groceries for Pan. They bond over the fact that they're both crazy passionate about completing their plans, no matter the cost. Nemo is on a lifelong mission to find the lost world of Atlantis because his loved one is supposedly stuck there. Hook offers to help Nemo, but only if Nemo helps Hook escape Neverland/Pan. Nemo keeps his end of the deal and helps Hook break Pan's contract, but Hook double-crosses Nemo because, "something something, my revenge on Rumple!" In Storybrooke, Captain Nemo is still pissed at Hook and there's a battle between the Jolly Roger and the Nautilus. Eventually, Hook rights the wrong he made by giving Nemo the special seashell necklace that can help find Atlantis that was randomly introduced an episode earlier, and the two reconcile. 

They use the same blueprint for every Hook centric.

Can I just get a spin off where Hook joins the 20,000 Leagues crew for a few episodes? That sounds a lot more entertaining than a good chunk of the Season 6 spoilers.

• Love 4

Captain Hook and Captain Nemo will have a brief meeting in the past while Hook is out buying groceries for Pan. They bond over the fact that they're both crazy passionate about completing their plans, no matter the cost. Nemo is on a lifelong mission to find the lost world of Atlantis because his loved one is supposedly stuck there. Hook offers to help Nemo, but only if Nemo helps Hook escape Neverland/Pan. Nemo keeps his end of the deal and helps Hook break Pan's contract, but Hook double-crosses Nemo because, "something something, my revenge on Rumple!" In Storybrooke, Captain Nemo is still pissed at Hook and there's a battle between the Jolly Roger and the Nautilus. Eventually, Hook rights the wrong he made by giving Nemo the special seashell necklace that can help find Atlantis that was randomly introduced an episode earlier, and the two reconcile. 

Meh, my tie-in with Moby Dick was better. ;) But this is probably closer to what will actually happen.

Edited by KingOfHearts

Belle probably  'did research'and found some reference to an ancient Atlantean do-hickey that they can use against. .. <insert  villain name here> .Ariel is pregnant with sea urchins so they need a submarine to get there. Killian has the object that he gave Belle that will have either come from or lead to Atlantis. Nemo is an 'unfinished story' because Hook stole Nemo's means to find Altantis or double crossed him to get the squid ink (there was a giant squid in Nemo's story) to go after Rumple.

Queue super angsty confession and apology from Killian.

LOL

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

Meh, my tie-in with Moby Dick was better. ;) But this is probably closer to what will actually happen.

Wait, I totally missed this! Was it in this thread?

10 minutes ago, PixiePaws1 said:

Nemo is an 'unfinished story' because Hook stole Nemo's means to find Altantis or double crossed him to get the squid ink (there was a giant squid in Nemo's story)

Oh, the squid ink is for sure going to pop up somehow in the episode. (And if it doesn't, that's yet another perfectly good opportunity for the writers to mine their own mythology that they completely ignore to introduce something new.)

• Love 1

Wait, I totally missed this! Was it in this thread?

It was in the Speculation thread from a few months ago:

Hook tries to help Ahab hunt for Moby Dick, which is terrorizing the waters near Storybrooke. Little do they know that the whale is actually the Nautilus from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Souris said:

My guess is the CS scene is the end of the ep. I think Hook is working at the docks (in one of the pics, he appears to be tugging on the rope of a small boat) and Emma stopped by because she wanted to see him after whatever she went through during the bulk of the ep. Perhaps he isn't done with work for the day yet, so Emma leaves to go home.

So basically we're in season 4 again -- other random stuff happens all episode long, with a brief epilogue of Emma and Hook having a romantic moment that ends up being somewhat dampened by the terrible secret he's keeping from her.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Shanna Marie said:

So basically we're in season 4 again -- other random stuff happens all episode long, with a brief epilogue of Emma and Hook having a romantic moment that ends up being somewhat dampened by the terrible secret he's keeping from her.

Well, every new spoiler makes it even more clear that all season 6 is a big re-do of season 4.

Edited by RadioGirl27

I agree all spoiler seem repetitive of stuff already saw in previous season. Honestly, this show could be ending anytime and the story will not miss anything big now. 

The only thing that can keep this show going on is the attachment of the fans for certain character and certain relationship most of the time opposite to each others. That the reason why the fervor for any specific episode is  never sharing for all the fandom. At this point the overall story seem repetitive or pointless so no one seem to care to really speculate anymore about it. Regina will have to reintegrate her evil part... 

At least the Emma and Aladdin( adding jasmine and Jafar in the mix )parallel and Nemo and hook adventure have some creative potential if doing right. Not, just a repeat of Emma last time she wanted to go away or of Hook and Ursula story.

Well, every new spoiler makes it even more clear that all season 6 is a big re-do of season 4.

Similarities:

* In the finale, someone coming back to life and arriving at Granny's diner causes Regina to be upset and creates tension for her and Emma.
* The cliffhanger involves a woman materializing.
* Regina is once again confronting her lack of happiness with artificial, nonsensical means over the course of 22 episodes.
* Emma is dealing with the strenuous job of being the Savior and the feelings that she is being taken advantage of for that fact.
* Hook's past with someone comes back to haunt him.
* Rumpbelle is coming off the heels of a major relationship event. (Getting married, getting pregnant.)
* Characters from a well-known Disney franchise are being incorporated in Storybrooke with their own independent side saga. (Frozen, Aladdin)
* The theme is "inner darkness". (Like 4B.)

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

* Regina is once again confronting her lack of happiness with artificial, nonsensical means over the course of 22 episodes.

Should we start a betting pool to see which episode they finally come to the obvious conclusion of reuniting the Evil Queen and Regina? If we go based on the Season 4 parallel, it will be Episode 20. (We can take this to the speculation thread.)

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, Souris said:

I wonder if this Hook backstory is what will cause problems with him and David and certain other characters?

Wasn't that supposed to be in an earlier episode, or is it the usual case of hinting that there might be a problem in an earlier episode, but they can't talk about it or address it yet until his centric rolls around?

20 minutes ago, Shanna Marie said:

Wasn't that supposed to be in an earlier episode, or is it the usual case of hinting that there might be a problem in an earlier episode, but they can't talk about it or address it yet until his centric rolls around?

It was kind of unclear from SDCC interviews when it would happen. They generally talk about early stuff, but they could also have been told about it ahead of time to give them something to talk about. I did notice in one interview when Josh & Colin were talking about the issue, they were sort of talking at the same time, and Colin started saying something like "It hasn't--" or "We haven't--" but stopped. I sort of figured he was going to say it hadn't happened yet. Hard to know since we haven't seen them filming together much.

2 minutes ago, Writing Wrongs said:

I'm gonna have to pull out my League of Extraordinary Gentleman and watch it. :)

Now that had the most exquisite rendering of the Nautilus I have ever seen.  If that one was lurking in Storybrooke harbour it could be mistaken for Moby Dick!

One of the articles announcing Captain Nemo's arrival on the show was stating that Hook and Nemo had some sort of rivalry in the past, but none of their sources were definite or new on that. It turned out to be just click-baity speculation. But, I have to love one of the headings in the article:

"Will Captain Nemo Silence The Wedding Bells For Hook And Emma?"

http://www.inquisitr.com/3458450/once-upon-a-time-to-introduce-faran-tahir-as-hooks-nemesis/

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2
Just now, Rumsy4 said:

Jasmine Alladin reunion in Storybrooke.

Awww... They are cute!! I suppose we are to believe one of them has been living in Storybrooke all along... Nothing will top Ingrid remaining silent until S4 though. lol

• Love 1

I suppose we are to believe one of them has been living in Storybrooke all along... Nothing will top Ingrid remaining silent until S4 though. lol

It really wouldn't be too far fetched if Jasmine was chilling in Storybrooke this whole time. Now, Aladdin with his Savior mythology... that would be a little ridiculous. I wonder what Jasmine's occupation would be.

Edited by KingOfHearts

How does this work though? If she's been there and he's been there, how are they not reunited before this?

Maybe he's arriving from the Land of Untold Stories, decided to change his clothes so that he could blend in better in Storybrooke. It's like Clark Kent and the glasses that hide how he is Superman so well!

• Love 1

It seems like based on previous spoilers, everyone from the Land of Untold Stories get a wardrobe change when they arrive in Storybrooke. I don't think we've seen any Untold Stories people in time period clothing aside from Jekyll and Hyde.

I remember an extra in the Hook & Henry play-swordfight scene in period clothing. But perhaps Aladdin is especially fashion conscious, and decided to blend in right away. ;-)

From a recent A&E interview, it seems people intentionally fled to the land of Untold stories in order to press "pause" on their lives. So, it may well be that Alladin fled there to escape being a savior.

Just now, RadioGirl27 said:

The only interesting tidbit is this:

Something shady from Charming's (Josh Dallas) past will be playing a part in Season 6. Whatever -- or whoever -- has come back to haunt him, Josh Dallas says Snowing will take it in stride. "They're going to go after it like they always go after things and try to protect the people that they love."

To sum up the article:

* Charming is getting another pointless centric.
* We'll hanging out with a relative of Belle's for about 5 minutes.
* The writers are resorting to big names for appeal again.
* One of the secondary characters is coming back because the plot just so happens to need them for something.
* The Evil Queen will unsuccessfully attempt to get Henry to be evil because it's fun.
* More ridiculous mythology riddled with retcons and plot holes is coming our way.
* Mr. Hyde is - surprise - in Storybrooke so he can do nasty things wherever the writers need dramatic tension.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

I had a happy thought: if they're going to develop the Savior mythology via Aladdin and presumably get into what makes someone a Savior and what that really means, that could mean they have to stop with the "Regina is a Savior now, too!" stuff, since it seems like there are very specific circumstances and outcomes involved. Are we going to find out that Aladdin is a street rat because he got sent alone through a portal as an infant so he could be a Savior and break a curse? Because that would pretty much exclude Regina.

Unless, of course, the outcome is that we find out that Regina has really been a Savior all along and just didn't know it because there wasn't a specific curse she had to break, and that, and not her "former" villain status is why she can't seem to have a happy ending, so that's why it's safe for her to reintegrate her Evil Queen self.

Oh, God, that's where they're going with this, isn't it? Sorry, not such a happy thought.

• Love 1

I had a happy thought: if they're going to develop the Savior mythology via Aladdin and presumably get into what makes someone a Savior and what that really means, that could mean they have to stop with the "Regina is a Savior now, too!"

They kind of already did that back in 5x02, no? Especially with that zinger from Emma about how it took Regina a while to catch on that she wasn't the Savior. Sounded like something the writers were telling the fans of "Regina is the Savior".

The writers are ridiculous with that though. They opened this can of worms they had no business opening. Even in the UW, when there was the implication of a "reverse" Savior, it turned Hook did a hell of a lot more saving people than Regina did. 

• Love 2

With the scene of Emma packing some bags into car and putting it with earlier filming scenes. .maybe Emma is having nightmares about  her time as DS and killing Killian (not at all hard to believe! ) and the house. I wonder if the bags are her trying a night or two either back in the house...after having fled from it to try and stop the nightmares or trying a short break away from it.....and Archie thinks she either isn't ready to go back or doesn't think she should give up and leave it. 

In either case i just hope CS are together on the Jolly or at Granny's. ..but not back at her parent's place ..

Then she went to pick up Killian to go wherever but he still has work to do. 

I don't she was packing for a road trip. 

2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

They kind of already did that back in 5x02, no? Especially with that zinger from Emma about how it took Regina a while to catch on that she wasn't the Savior. Sounded like something the writers were telling the fans of "Regina is the Savior".

The writers are ridiculous with that though. They opened this can of worms they had no business opening.

That's the thing, they keep teasing that and going back and forth. There was Regina breaking the memory curse and suddenly having light Savior-style magic in season 3. She had the light Savior magical blood in the AU. Emma may have taunted her about not being the Savior, except she was able to pull everyone together to fend off the Fury, and Leroy was all "you're the one who can save the town," and then in the Underworld she was supposedly doing all that saving (which amounted to her parents and a horse, so whatever).

That's why I'm worried. They already had her blood being magical in the AU. She's done all that moaning about how her villainy keeps her from having a happy ending, and thus the split with the Evil Queen, but now they're saying that Saviors don't get happy endings. So I wouldn't be entirely surprised to find out that, surprise!twist!, Regina has actually been a Savior all along, and this is why she keeps sacrificing and yet is still unhappy and losing loves. She just didn't realize it because no one told her and she didn't believe in herself and bad stuff happened to her to turn her dark (which would also tie into the bit about Snow not being able to count as a hero while she was pregnant with Emma because Emma had the potential to be either a hero or a terrible villain -- Regina is what happens when a Savior goes dark). This will be what enables her to reintegrate the Evil Queen, since she realizes that her unhappiness isn't because of her dark side (or her bad choices), but rather because she's a Savior.

The only thing that gives me hope about this is that it would require a lot of continuity and remembering stuff they wrote before, which makes it slightly less likely that they'll take it that far.

If Regina ends up being a Co-Savior with Emma, that is the point I quit this show for good. You can quote this post eight months from now and yell at me if I'm still lingering on these forums.

• Love 2