Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, Shanna Marie said:

And that's the kind of thing I signed up for when I started watching this show, some crazy mash-up weirdness putting fairy tale characters in unexpected situations.

Exactly!!! I don't want to see them traveling to stupid CGI lands or acting like SB is the EF... "Cinderella with a Shot Gun" looks like good bad TV!

Why is that annoying kid Henry still clinging on to the adults. Send him off to school so we only see him occasionally.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, Mitch said:

I don't want to see them traveling to stupid CGI lands or acting like SB is the EF

Or worse, acting like they're normal, everyday Americans in a small town in Maine. We need to see fairy tale characters living in a small town in Maine. Like Cinderella with a shotgun. Sword fights on Main Street. So, that's one area where this arc may have promise, if the Untold Stories people are walking around town in their usual clothes and being their usual selves instead of being totally cool with this new world. Some of the filming videos suggest that there's some culture clash weirdness going on.

• Love 1

Some of the filming videos suggest that there's some culture clash weirdness going on.

The culture clash potential on this show is marvelous.

Or worse, acting like they're normal, everyday Americans in a small town in Maine. We need to see fairy tale characters living in a small town in Maine. Like Cinderella with a shotgun. Sword fights on Main Street.

It would be great if the fairy tail characters were trying to act like everyday Americans, but with their true nature bleeding through anyway. I'd like to see them try to fool motorists or lost tourists driving through town. That was fun in 2B (when Greg was in the hospital) and in 3B (with memoryless Henry.) What would be even better is if We Are Both actually had any part of it.

Maybe Cinderella borrowed the shotgun from Davy Crockett or another LoUS character?

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

they had them walking through NYC last season in the finale.

Zelena, the Wicked Witch, Snowing White, Prince Charming and Captain Hook went out to search for Rumplestiltskin. Zelena lived in NYC for a few weeks and Hook was there twice, but Snowing never went to a big city. Missed opportunity.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

Zelena, the Wicked Witch, Snowing White, Prince Charming and Captain Hook went out to search for Rumplestiltskin.

And we didn't get to see it. None of them were acting like fairy tale characters in New York. They were just ordinary people in New York. Violet was only mildly impressed and reacted more to pizza than she did to the city. These people from a medieval world reacted less to New York than I did my first time there, and I live in a major metro area and had already been to Paris before I went to New York. Even the ones with cursed memories had never left Storybrooke.

So the Land of Untold Stories people will probably barely react to Storybrooke, though at least we'll get some visual weirdness with them walking around in costume.

• Love 1

Evil Queen has other plans for the residents of Storybrooke aside from raining fireballs on the town. “She’s going after everybody,” Josh Dallas says. “She’s taking no prisoners. She’s really doing some mental manipulation with everybody, and it’s going to turn everybody inside of themselves. They’re going to have a lot internally to deal with.”

Of course EQ!Regina is not going to start killing people left and right. I'll be surprised if EQ!Regina will have a body count at all.

. “She’s taking no prisoners. She’s really doing some mental manipulation with everybody, and it’s going to turn everybody inside of themselves. They’re going to have a lot internally to deal with.”

Let's hope she doesn't attempt to masquerade as Pure!Regina. That trick is so old. If she went around saying, "I'm totally not the Evil Queen," the heroes would believe it.

Edited by KingOfHearts
5 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

Let's hope she doesn't attempt to masquerade as Pure!Regina. That trick is so old. If she went around saying, "I'm totally not the Evil Queen," the heroes would believe it.

Yeah, well. They're not exactly bright.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, KingOfHearts said:

You just know they're going to pull that stunt at least once...

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Rumsy4 said:

Of course EQ!Regina is not going to start killing people left and right. I'll be surprised if EQ!Regina will have a body count at all.

I am actually glad to hear this! I loved Mayor Mills of S1 manipulating everyone is sight while acting like her sh*t don't stink...(My favorite line ..when framing Sydney....."I feel personally VIOLATED!")  I think the EQ is a bore..huffing and puffing and throwing fireballs...(note to the heroes..has anyone thought of just shooting a magic person???Even Scott Evil knows that...)I would love to see her back to screwing with everyone's mind while having that smug look on her face...(if only it was Mayor Mills returning and not the EQ.)

My problem with EQ playing mind games is that she was never really good at it. She only really succeeded at manipulating Sydney, but he got her back in the end. Pretty much everyone else saw through her. Mayor Mills had a gigantic handicap because the townsfolk magically worked for her and she knew everything inside and out. Plus, there was enough "Pure!Regina" to add to her subtly. The Evil Queen is about as discrete as a freight train.

• Love 1

A&E compared the EQ and Henry to Dart Vader wanting Luke to go over to the dark side. Dart Vader loved Luke even though he was evil, and the EQ loves Henry just the same way.

Some things to look forward to (not).

3 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

A&E compared the EQ and Henry to Dart Vader wanting Luke to go over to the dark side. Dart Vader loved Luke even though he was evil, and the EQ loves Henry just the same way.

Some things to look forward to (not).

Vader actually somewhat cared about his son. He wanted to be with him and didn't want him to get killed. His feelings for Luke weren't not an element of his dark side. (No pun intended.)

36 minutes ago, Rumsy4 said:

Does this mean EQ will cut off Henry's hand?

Can we substitute his heart? *crosses fingers*

The way they talk about the Evil Queen/Regina split makes less sense the more they talk about it. 

It's starting to sound like Operation Mongoose. It makes no sense, the writers don't know how it works, and it's about Regina's freebie redemption. Lovely.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 3

The way they talk about the Evil Queen/Regina split makes less sense the more they talk about it. In the Jekyll and Hyde story, Jekyll wasn't an evil man to begin with. The story merely showed that even good men have a beast within, but that beast is important for balance. Separating the beast didn't make the "good" side a better man, just a weaker one. At the same time, the beast without the conscience was dangerous. But Regina was evil and has a strong dark side even now. The Evil Queen side of her should be evil without any restraint, which should mean that even if she loves Henry, she'd still be willing to kill him in order to get what she wants, given that with whatever conscience or restraint her "good" side gave her, she still was willing to murder the father she loved. If the Evil Queen wants to punish Snow or Emma and believes that murdering Henry is the best way to do that, she'd do it. With the Vader analogy, she'd have to be Vader without the remnant of good Anakin within that turned against the Emperor to save his son. Meanwhile, good Regina without any Evil Queen in her shouldn't be saying snarky things with no regard to people's feelings, shouldn't be resentful or want payback or vengeance because those would be the parts split out.

• Love 1

The problem with a connection to Wonderland is that the connection or any in dialogue reference to in Wonderland will be lost on most viewers. 

That being said, that house is beautiful and the town crier is there which already doesn't bode well for a quiet moment. 

"We're under attack","we're under siege","the curse is coming","there's an old crone in that house","what are you 2 doing here? Do your parents know where you are, Emma?"

• Love 2

I'm sure it will be an interrupted quiet moment because the plot is the savior doesn't get rest, the savior is used up by those around them. The savior doesn't get her happily ever after.

• Love 3

That being said, that house is beautiful and the town crier is there which already doesn't bode well for a quiet moment. 

28 minutes ago, daxx said:

I'm sure it will be an interrupted quiet moment because the plot is the savior doesn't get rest, the savior is used up by those around them. The savior doesn't get her happily ever after.

Sigh. I agree. But very pretty location.

Edited by Rumsy4
1 hour ago, mjgchick said:

How is Leroy not the sort Emma hates? lol

Maybe he's that unnamed dwarf she secretly despises.

Poor Hook and Emma always having their dates interrupted. Can't they just have a romantic B-plot that doesn't involve crazy hitches?

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

Well, it sure look like episode 3 will  have a lot of CS feelings. So, I guess they have a cute moment Leroy cbomes to screw it and remember Emma that the savior can have nice thing. Not sure for any Wonderland real connection because the actors are not there and what they did with Will when he was on the show.

At this point, how is not Leroy an asshole? lol He's stalking them to interrupt their dates. Maybe he's secretly in love with Hook. Hey--maybe we'll find out that he's been secretly bribing villains to cause mayhem whenever CS are hanging out alone.

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, daxx said:

I'm betting that's what the alleged Netflix moment is going to be about, too, that the Savior never gets a break and the Savior doesn't get a happy ending. Meanwhile, the resolution to the Evil Queen arc will be Regina sacrificing to save everyone else by reabsorbing the Evil Queen, facing the fact that villains don't get happy endings, so she's giving up her happy ending in reincorporating her evil side.

So, the Savior (hero) doesn't get a happy ending and meanwhile villains don't get happy endings, and this is a show about hope. Yay!

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, Shanna Marie said:

I'm betting that's what the alleged Netflix moment is going to be about, too, that the Savior never gets a break and the Savior doesn't get a happy ending. Meanwhile, the resolution to the Evil Queen arc will be Regina sacrificing to save everyone else by reabsorbing the Evil Queen, facing the fact that villains don't get happy endings, so she's giving up her happy ending in reincorporating her evil side.

So, the Savior (hero) doesn't get a happy ending and meanwhile villains don't get happy endings, and this is a show about hope. Yay!

Is it a sacrifice though for her to be reabsorbing her other half? 

All of a sudden she has another person in her life to contend with as Henry's mother. She and Emma found a middle ground on this one, but is she going to find a middle ground with the EQ who probably thinks that Regina just handed over Henry to Emma because she's so weak (she obviously didn't but from the EQ's perception, she probably did). She called her weak and a disappointment. The EQ isn't just after Emma and Snow, she's also after Regina, so it's like she's getting a taste of her own medicine, and the things she did to Bandit Snow or even Emma when she came to town.

What kind of happy ending is that? It's not a happy ending, it's one massive disaster. I think Regina will realize that she probably had it better when the EQ was part of her, at least she could keep her on a leash even though it got hard at times. 

As far as I can tell from the interviews, and this is obviously my own interpretation, the EQ is a massive oopsie because she can't be killed and I'm willing to bet that she's also immune to magic the same way Hyde is. 

She should talk to Hook and Emma without being so condescending about how her pain is more painful than everyone else's pain. 

• Love 2

Is it a sacrifice though for her to be reabsorbing her other half? 

The show's likely to paint it that way because Regina. It will be a grand and heroic gesture rather than admitting that it was a bad idea.

• Love 3

The house/garden in those photos is also where they filmed Cinderella's house in season 1, I believe. That would make more sense, as it's her episode, though not sure why modern-day Emma and Hook would be there. Anyway, I don't think there's anything in the photos to indicate Leroy interrupts anything. 

• Love 1

Yeah, I looked at the ouat wiki page and confirmed the house as Cinderella's . It would have been in the enchanted forest. Perhaps Emma, Hook and Leroy enter the storybook to help finish the story somehow?

So instead of flashbacks we get storybacks. I saw someone on tumblr mention them being placed in the story by the author but I think it's the storybook doing it now that all these unfinished story people are in town.

• Love 1

Or maybe the Land of Untold Stories bled into Storybrooke, but well. The Count of Monte Cristo seems to arrive in town in his flying ship. I don't think it would be a stretch that Cinderella's house would have been transported along with its occupants from a part of the Land of Untold Stories, or during one of the many curses like the Sorcerer's mansion was.

I'm assuming Henry has a lot to record in the book, and we see him handing it over to Regina in the 6x02 filming. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, retrograde said:

The house/garden in those photos is also where they filmed Cinderella's house in season 1, I believe. That would make more sense, as it's her episode, though not sure why modern-day Emma and Hook would be there. Anyway, I don't think there's anything in the photos to indicate Leroy interrupts anything. 

Why would Leroy be there otherwise? It's a running joke that he interrupts things.

None of the actual houses or mansions from the EF were transported with the Dark Curse. Even the so-called Sorcerer's mansion was too modern to have been the same building. I assumed it got changed by the Curse. So it's puzzling why Cinderella's house would be transported as is. It's probably just a location being reused, though the fact that the episode is Cinderella centric is confusing.

5 hours ago, daxx said:

Yeah, I looked at the ouat wiki page and confirmed the house as Cinderella's . It would have been in the enchanted forest. Perhaps Emma, Hook and Leroy enter the storybook to help finish the story somehow?

So instead of flashbacks we get storybacks. I saw someone on tumblr mention them being placed in the story by the author but I think it's the storybook doing it now that all these unfinished story people are in town.

I like this idea. Maybe it's like Harry and Dumbledore visiting memories using the Pensieve. They can visit, but not interact or tamper with things. Emma and Hook are inside the book to look for clues, and Leroy accidentally tagged along to, you know, co*kblock. lol

Actually, I am more interested in the Hydes and J.  storyline. That was mostly the best part of the final.

But, it is so hard to know what story line will be overall important, but the EQ and the savior- cannot have- a -break that I can understand how everything else seem like a side story.

I often like the one off story better than the long arc who are non creative or just bad cartoon.

I already know I will find all things EQ versus Regina too cartoonist and repetitive of all we already saw in 4b about Regina and her Happy ending quest.

So, my personal hope to engage me in the new season are with : Cinderella, Jekyll, Aladdin and all the other side character. I do believe the hope for originality will be with them.

Hoping the savior arc is a good one and captain Charming bring some laugh and good scene. I am still sad that Snow seems sidelining from the good CS story line as usual. I really want some good scene between her and Hook and overdue heart-to-heart with her real daughter.

Edited by maryle
spelling
  • Love 1

This was the last paragraph of an article:

It is unclear if Belle's backstory will focus on her relationship with her parents or if a long-lost sibling or another relative will be revealed.

I thought it was funny because this is a show where a long-list sibling or another relative would come up. That's just to be expected now.

2 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

I thought it was funny because this is a show where a long-list sibling or another relative would come up. That's just to be expected now.

Lol. Where did that spec even come from?

4 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

http://christiantimes.com/article/once-upon-a-time-season-6-spoilers-victor-frankenstein-returns-belles-backstory-to-be-told/60296.htm

This article. It doesn't have anything we haven't seen already. It just talks about how Belle is going to get more backstory and will be out of the box soon.

Thanks for the link. And yeah--I agree that a long-long sibling is not a far-fetched speculation at all! lol

25 minutes ago, Rumsy4 said:

I agree that a long-long sibling is not a far-fetched speculation at all!

Let's see, we already have David and James, who didn't seem to know about each other for most of their lives. Then there's Zelena and Regina. And Hook and 2.0. I feel like there's been at least one more, maybe in minor characters, but it's eluding me. So there's room for a few more. They're not going to stop until everyone on this show is somehow related to everyone else.

The Belle part about long-lost sibling is such a click bait. 

It always bugs the hell out of me when the show brings in new characters to give someone more story. Belle and her father is still one of those relationships that the show doesn't really care to look into unless they want to push Belle further into Rumple's arms in which case, Mo is usually turned into an even bigger asshole. Fix that relationship before you give her a long lost sibling where Mo cheated on his queen, then decided to not acknowledge his bastard because he was probably half human, half ogre. That's really the whole reason the ogres kept attacking that kingdom, Mo dishonored one of theirs.

Belle is also fucked in the head, and needs to see a therapist ASAP. And not the one who performed her wedding ceremony.

• Love 2

The rumbeller really hope Mo turn up to actually lie about Belle mother dead . some believe he killed his wife and cover up.  But, they also want Rumple's mother this year.  I can maybe see one of those wish granted but not both. 

There already so much going on and Rumbelle storyline seem obvious at first. It is after Belle is awake I am unsure what they will do with Rumple character? It is too soon to have him play happy family with Belle so... 

Will he be back scheming...again and getting caught....