Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

Sounds like they are cursed again.  But then, how does Emma get out of Underbrooke/Storybrooke to go to NYC to buy the red jacket.  If this is more memory loss...

I don't think so.  I seem to recall that in a recent interview, A & E acknowledged that they'd been overusing that trope and said they were giving it a rest for a while.  Shocking, I know!

This is going to be exactly like 5x08 I think, a title that means different things. At this point though, I'm convinced that Emma is firebird. the other portion may or may not have anything to do with someone rising from the ashes because phoenix.

Yeah, I was thinking this could show Emma rising out of the ashes of her childhood. And the red jacket is "fiery." But like you said, probably it will have multiple meanings.

Edited by Souris

Emma buys her leather jacket? Sounds like another pointless flashback to me. (Unless there's something else the jacket has to do with.)

Her buying back her jacket makes no sense given how she is dressed. Her clothes except for the hoodie that looks like it belongs to Henry are the ones she was wearing when she left for the UW, and arrived in the UW. Her red jacket was ditched after episode 5x15 which I know I wondered why she was wearing that black coat now. But Snow is also wearing another coat, and different boots, so it seemed like a wardrobe thing.

She can't be in the UW if she's driving her car, can she? And she couldn't have traded her jacket in before she left for the UW because she is wearing it. And why would someone have her jacket or want to have her jacket?

Nothing adding up.

Emma buys her leather jacket? Sounds like another pointless flashback to me. (Unless there's something else the jacket has to do with.)

The red leather jacket is an iconic part of Emma's wardrobe and is like her own version of a red super hero cape. Personally, this is the one Emma flashback that doesn't seem pointless compared to some of her other flashbacks because this could show the audience her decision to switch from naive, scared, post-jail girl into a strong, badass, take-no-prisoners woman. What made Emma decide on such a vibrant jacket? Is it a signature piece to her bail bonds persona? I hope the reports are right and this isn't a weird present-day scene, because this could be a flashback that is actually showing a vital point of Emma's life shifting into adulthood.

We've already seen Regina look into the mirror and state "I am now the Evil Queen!", so this similar life-changing moment for Emma has been a long time coming after waiting 5 years. Of course, since I actually want this to be a flashback of Emma buying her red jacket and showing her post-jail life, it won't be that at all.

• Love 4

The red leather jacket is an iconic part of Emma's wardrobe and is like her own version of a red super hero cape. Personally, this is the one Emma flashback that doesn't seem pointless compared to some of her other flashbacks because this could show the audience her decision to switch from naive, scared, post-jail girl into a strong, badass, take-no-prisoners woman. What made Emma decide on such a vibrant jacket? Is it a signature piece to her bail bonds persona?

I think that's wishing for a lot from these writers, tbh. I, too, would like to see Emma's transition into a bailbondswoman, but this has the stench of iconography over actions. A&E love to use symbolism over actual storytelling. With them it would be Emma walking in a clothing store, seeing the jacket and thinking, "You know, I'm tired of not living upright... I'm going to buy this jacket to show how different I want to be!" then bam - instant badass bailbondswoman. 

We've already seen Regina look into the mirror and state "I am now the Evil Queen!"

And did we really need that?

Edited by KingOfHearts

With this writers? We are probably going to discover that her jacket was made by some leprechauns from the Enchanted Forest and that, just like with anything else in her life, she was manipulated to buy it by some fairytale character because it was really, really important for her to have that particular jacket, for reasons we would never discover.

Maybe it's the long hiatus, but I haven't been excited for any spoiler since the ones with Liam. And this Emma buys a jacket doesn't change anything.

• Love 1

With this writers? We are probably going to discover that her jacket was made by some leprechauns from the Enchanted Forest and that, just like with anything else in her life, she was manipulated to buy it by some fairytale character because it was really, really important for her to have that particular jacket, for reasons we would never discover.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure whoever she's buying it from is magical or has ties to the Enchanted Forest.

Emma is wearing her glasses in this scene. Screams young Emma. Maybe we are seeing her just out of prison. Someone on tumblr made the connection to Phoenix, Arizona, where Emma was incarcerated, and the Firebird title. So, maybe Emma is the Firebird. 

Maybe the woman took Emma under her wing and taught her the bail bonds business. The woman is critically injured chasing a suspect, and later Emma keeps the jacket as a memento like she did Graham's shoelace.

• Love 2

Maybe this woman was the person who gave her a second chance after prison. Poor Emma--how many losses she has suffered! 

On a side not, why does changing from glasses to contacts always seen as a symbol of positive transformation for female characters?? 

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 1

I find it hilarious that the only time she wore them was when she was 16 and looked like Jennifer Morrison. When she was 14 and looked like Abby Ross she didn't seem to have them.

Maybe she was never long enough in one place for someone to take her to the optometrist until it got absolutely essential for her to get one. :-(

Dang man Emma's flashback of her being homeless is going to destroy me.

If the lady whose jacket she keeps is what convinces her to be a bailbondsman I bet it was part of the plan to get her to Storybrook because this show refuses to let Emma in our world have something that has nothing to do with the Enchanted Forest.

Edited by mjgchick

Emma keeps things that are from meaningful people in her life. I doubt she stole a jacket off a woman's dead body.

It's like what was mentioned upthread. Maybe this is the person who gave Emma her second chance. Maybe this is the perso who gave Emma the speech that Emma gave Ashley later. And every perdon that meant something to Emma was from the EF.

At this point, I'm willing to wager that this person was sent to look after Emma after she left jail, or after she landed in Boston.

And Emma looks to be looking for someone in the earlier filming. Cyber dollars say she is looking for this person.

Can I just say how much I adore Pan throwing a bag over Zelena's head? I knew I loved him. 

Is Emma carrying a file with her? So she's either looking for this woman or she ruins her life by doing something. It's possible this is shot out of order. Maybe the nighttime injured scene happens when Emma is still a homeless teen and the day scene is Emma going back as an adult years later. She's then inspired to buy the red leather jacket as a reminder of the random dying woman.

• Love 1

Now Firebird fits!!! FuckWitFire destroyed Emma...burned her dreams and trust to ashes ...but she came back from it...broken in places, but back...

Now ...what is the connection/parallel to present day?

I would like to say it's Hook being reborn from his ashes. But it's this show so it's probably something related to Regina or Zelena.

• Love 1

Doesn't Emma flashbacks usually has to do with whatever is going on with her?

I think most flashbacks for all the characters try to tie in with whatever that person is feeling/going through in the present timeline. So if this flashback is showing us Emma rising from the ashes after being in jail and becoming a kickass bailbondsperson, maybe the present theme will be Emma rising from the ashes of the Underworld and ultimately defeating Hades.

They're filming 5x20, correct? Do we know if 5x22 or 5x23 will be the finale this year because of the added episode? If 5x23 is the finale, then we probably have one more episode to go before everyone leaves the Underworld and we do whatever 2-hour movie event finale the writers feel like doing this year.

Yes, they are filming 5x20 and 5x22-23 should be the 2 hour finale.

I'm guessing there will be no adventure in some realm seeing as everyone is just coming back from the UW. I'm guessing we will start getting some hints for next season here and there during 5B. The magic flying carpet follows them from the UW and wrecks havoc on Storybrooke.

Seriously...I think they might be getting back to SB in this episode. With the kidnapping of Zelena, you got to wonder what Rumple and Pan are up to. They're actually teaming up for something, so really, hell must've frozen over. I wonder if they won't be turning Pan into villain #3 for this arc. They probably have Robbie Kay now since I think he's done with Heroes Reborn.

Pan double-crossing everyone? That's never happened before. Plus are they kidnapping Zelena for leverage or are they kidnapping her trade her life in for Pan's?

I'm guessing we will start getting some hints for next season here and there during 5B. The magic flying carpet follows them from the UW and wrecks havoc on Storybrooke.

That director's cut for 5x18 showed a clip called "Desert". Now, maybe that's short for desertion, but it could also be a hint that we're getting a scene of an Agrabah desert. At least, that's what I'm hoping...

Edited by Curio
I find it hilarious that the only time she wore them was when she was 16 and looked like Jennifer Morrison. When she was 14 and looked like Abby Ross she didn't seem to have them.

I've decided that my headcanon is that they weren't real glasses, just blank lenses, and she wore them during her homeless phase to try to make herself look older so she wouldn't be immediately picked up by child services and so she wouldn't be treated like a kid. That's why she only wore them during that phase in her life and why they were in her box of memories. If she still needed corrective lenses, would she be keeping glasses in her memory box? It seemed like she was memorializing a particular phase in her life. Also, if she wears contact lenses, then how did she make it through all that time in Neverland without dealing with all the contact lens stuff?

She might still be wearing the glasses soon after getting out of prison to make herself look older and not be victimized like a child. They're like armor, a shield against the world.

I'm thinking when Emma was in foster care they covered her medical care and paid for contacts.  Once she left foster care, she just had her old glasses because she couldn't afford contacts.  If you take care of them, glasses will last several years but contacts don't.  Once she became a bail bonds person she could afford contacts again.

Or Emma didn't wear glasses until she got older.  I didn't wear them until I was a sophomore in high school.

Edited by Stuffy

Please let this be for a 2 hour CS pirate adventure season finale.

Isn't this just a casting announcement for "The Brothers Jones" episode?

Edited by Curio
  • Love 4

Isn't this just a casting announcement for "The Brother Jones" episode?

Oh, I assumed it was for future filming since that episode filmed so long ago, but maybe that's it.

I would still be down with a 2 hour pirate adventure CS movie.

Isn't this just a casting announcement for "The Brother Jones" episode?

That's what I assumed, Curio. I thought I remembered reading something during filming for 5.15 about the boys getting shipwrecked while trying to hunt down/fight a pirate. Or am I just making up AUs now? Either way, I'm so flipping stoked for that episode, I can hardly contain my fangirl urges, lol.

I am hoping Killian met Silver as a young boy and was "Jim Hawkins" like character who let Silver go when he was young and he and Liam then run into Silver as adults. It might help explain how Killian went from naval captain to pirate because as a young boy he had exposure to pirate life through Silver.

I always hoped that we would get Neverbacks of Hook and Bae that showed that kind of Treasure Island relationship. I wonder if that what the writers had in mind in the Season 2 finale.

Cleo Fox seems very much like Emma. So far this character seems very firmly "real world".

I don't think we can really stake anything on that just because of the people Emma met in the Land without Magic. I'm also assuming  your "real world" means that too?

Maybe she's someone who banished to the Land without Magic and had to work her hard to make something of herself. I will honestly be shocked if they decide that this person has nothing to do with magic and the Enchanted Forest.

I'm guessing she's Emma's mentor, and someone Emma must've related to. 

Edited by YaddaYadda

Cleo Fox seems very much like Emma. So far this character seems very firmly "real world".

She would be someone from the EF who would either betray Emma or die tragically in her arms, probably the latter. That way they can make a parallel with Hook but with a different ending:she can't save Cleo but she is able to save Hook.

Edited by RadioGirl27

Yeah I think the parallel is that she couldn't save Cleo but she'll save Hook. I'd like to hope that Cleo is from our world but I'm just so use to everyone and thing from Emma's passed has to do with the Enchanted Forest. Her baby daddy, her best friend the first person she saw as a real family in Ingrid. Henry is the only thing Emma has in our world.

Another person to die in Emma's arms? Geez. No wonder she was so worried about Hook possibly dying in 4A.

I can't tell if this is a typo and you meant to say 5A, or a sarcastic commentary on Emma's lack of interest in Hook's livelihood in 4A.

I can't tell if this is a typo and you meant to say 5A, or a sarcastic commentary on Emma's lack of interest in Hook's livelihood in 4A.

It was 4A. Emma was being standoffish to Hook then told him it was because everyone she's been with is dead. I want to say the episode was 4x03.

Edited by KingOfHearts

But Cleo Fox is such a fairy tale name. 

I'm going to throw this out there.  Cleo is the name of Geppetto's goldfish from Pinocchio. With August having interfered in Emma's life to get her sent to prison, it makes me go hmm.

Adam Croasdell may appear in 5.20. (X) and (X)

Papa Hook may appear in Firebird! I'm guessing he'll help the Nevengers escape the UW, or to thwart whatever plan Rumple and Pan have cooked-up together. Brennan vs Peter Pan--that might be interesting to see. 

• Love 1

Papa Hook may appear in Firebird! I'm guessing he'll help the Nevengers escape the UW, or to thwart whatever plan Rumple and Pan have cooked-up together. Brennan vs Peter Pan--that might be interesting to see. 

I'm excited they didn't drop the storyline! I figured it would eventually be forgotten like Will and Lily. I assume this is the episode where Hook finally reconciles with his father in the Underworld, which allows Brennan to "move on" like the other "innocent" souls. (Who knows if they'll touch on Liam 2.0's situation.)

Edited by Curio
  • Love 2