Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

Yeah no way is RH leaving the show. Sean just probably wants something to do over the 4 month hiatus then do simply cons.

Also him removing "Robin Hood" from his bio is not a cause for concern. According to the many that tracked Sean, he removed Robin Hood basically before Christmas.

He probably removed it simply because it would appear more professional or generic. All the rest of the castmembers just have "actor" in their bio. Not the name of the character they play.

So we have at least TWO Regina flashbacks, including one for the 100th episode? Because obviously she's the main character of this show and everyone -- including Emma -- aren't important. The whole point of this show is following Emma Swan's story. So why is this important episode focused on Regina?

I think I know the Once writers well enough to guess how this is all going to play out.

In the Enchanted Forest flashback, it will be the Evil Queen's birthday and she's all depressed because she has no friends and just can't fathom how someone who kills villages for fun has to celebrate this special day all alone. I mean, she still has her father, but he's useless and doesn't count in her eyes. Cue a Percival 2.0 situation where someone seeking vengeance on the Evil Queen attempts to assassinate her as the "perfect birthday gift," but he fails and Regina kills him on the spot. But there'll be an almost tear in her eye because it's like so depressing having to kill someone on your birthday, ya know? But she had to do it, y'all. There was no other choice. Except there totally was.

In the Underworld present day, Regina comes face to face with this Percival 2.0 character again, and he's still out for vengeance. But Regina has changed now! She has to convince this guy to just let go of the incident back in the Enchanted Forest because revenge will always leave an empty hole in your soul. Emma, Snow, Charming, Robin, and Henry sit Percival 2.0 down and tell him all of the ways Regina has changed and convince him to move on to the light. (Maybe there will even be a PowerPoint involved.) He finally sees Regina for the true saint she is and all of Regina's unfinished business is dealt with...until later on in the arc when she has to deal with the Zelena drama.

It's rather disheartening to know that this is clearly the writers' attempt to bookend Emma's birthday from the Pilot. 

• Love 5

It's the 100th Episode of Regina, what did you expect? At the end of the day, it's really all about her.

I see there's no sign of Neal in the press release. Could they be concealing that still?

Edited by KingOfHearts

I see there's no sign of Neal in the press release. Could they be concealing that still?

I don't know that they would conceal it especially with what Mark Isham posted. Neal will be back for sure at some point.

I guess the good news in all of this is that the dwarfs won't have to throw tacos as Dopey anymore. It doesn't sound like he's a tree anymore from the press release.

I have to say, I was expecting the Blue fairy to be making a comeback for this episode. I'm kind of disappointed.

Umm I feel like the gift has to do with the poison apple. The Blind Witch is back and she had the apples, right? I bet they try to sell it as "here's the moment the iconic EQ is born, when she decides to do the apple thing"

100th should have been a Snowing flashback IMO.

Edited by Serena
  • Love 1

The 100th episode is 5x11. They messed with the numbering to make this work as episode 100.

It said the title of the episode was "Souls of the Departed", so it was indeed referring to the premiere.

Edited by KingOfHearts

Regina's birthday sounds like some sort of parallel with Emma's 28th birthday from the Pilot. They've indicated that 5B will be a lot like the first season (yes, I know, they always say that) and this time I think they may be telling the truth. We'll get some sort of retcon about the Evil Queen's birthday and that will feed into the rest of the season.  Honestly, I figured 5B was going to be about Regina and facing her past while the other characters do the same to a lesser extent. While I find it annoying that an episode that should celebrate all characters (including side characters we rarely see) is going to instead be heavily Regina-centric, at least it's not Zelena. This mid-season focus on Zelena with lots of Oz and some sort of Zelena/Hades love story or whatever has been really off-putting to me, so I'm actually happy to see Regina in this case. 

Regina's birthday sounds like some sort of parallel with Emma's 28th birthday from the Pilot. They've indicated that 5B will be a lot like the first season (yes, I know, they always say that) and this time I think they may be telling the truth.

You're right, it's very similar. Main character(s) goes to creepy town, meets residents, has to break curse. Premiere starts with protagonist's birthday. 

in the photos from 12 feb shoot...Emma looks to have that ubiquitous anti-magic cuff over her left sleeve. Now, Killian, David and Robin are there ...and anyone of them could remove it...couldn't they? Otherwise ...maybe she has to voluntarily wear it for some reason.

Edited by PixiePaws1

in the photos from 12 feb shoot...Emma looks to have that ubiquitous anti-magic cuff over her left sleeve. Now, Killian, David and Robin are there ...and anyone of them could remove it...couldn't they? Otherwise ...maybe she has to voluntarily wear it for some reason.

Maybe Cruella wants a fair catfight?

Cruella might want to ask Regina, Hook and Lilly (She can't ask Tamara because she and Greg are probably in hell hell.) how it feels to catch them hands from Emma because unlike the other people who has magic Emma actually can fight.

Edited by mjgchick

Perhaps the cuff is a condition that Hades sets – Emma has to figure out a way to save Hook & get them all out of the UW without using magic. That would be like Hercules losing his powers in the Disney movies.

I'm really, really tired of the show removing Emma's magic from her. It's too much of a cheat. I really hope that's not the case here. I guess we're really stuck with 3B redux if Emma's been stripped of her magic again. It's also something that is not interesting in terms of Emma's character because the magic isn't important to her. It would be infinitely more interesting if Regina were powerless (when others have power, not when everyone is equally powerless), but they aren't ever interested in exploring the most fascinating aspects of Regina's character.

• Love 4

I'm thinking we should expect Regina to fart out some light magic again. 

Emma with no magic, except she doesn't lose it as much as it is suppressed for some reason. I think Hercules didn't have his strength in the movie, right?

Hades is Rumple, except that Zelena doesn't seem to need a dagger to control him.

Pistachio is Do Over since they seem to be using the baby plot in some capacity.

2 hour finale? Time travel, but to the future instead of the past?

• Love 3

Perhaps the cuff is a condition that Hades sets – Emma has to figure out a way to save Hook & get them all out of the UW without using magic. That would be like Hercules losing his powers in the Disney movies.

Yes..that is my thinking, too. Interesting (in an not to me 'cos I don't care about her) but why is Regina not involved in what looks like the Baby Hood rescue drama? Is this one of Hades' hoops that only a magic-supressed Emma can perform? Seems unlikely. .. unless they need all of the non dead people to leave as a unit or they can't leave at all. Perhaps Cruella is trying to kidnap the kid to force Hades to let her leav, too because of his attachment to Zelena. If Emma &co are doing the saving...what has happened to Hades and Zelena or is this SB snd they're stuck in the UW??

It would be infinitely more interesting if Regina were powerless (when others have power, not when everyone is equally powerless), but they aren't ever interested in exploring the most fascinating aspects of Regina's character.

I'd love to see a magicless Regina. I remember Emma gave Regina her gun when she was initially going to New York on her own so could you imagine Regina with a gun? Plus Regina doesn't seem to know how to fight. Snow and Emma has easily taken her down when she didn't use her magic. Maybe someone could teach the queen how to fight with her hands and that person can't be anyone from the Whites/Nolans.

I'd love to see a magicless Regina. I remember Emma gave Regina her gun when she was initially going to New York on her own so could you imagine Regina with a gun? Plus Regina doesn't seem to know how to fight.

I used to think Regina was super clever and smart when she was "powerless" in S1. But later I realized it was the curse doing everything for her. She wasn't seducing people, she wasn't the master of manipulation. She just had 28 years of practice and huge handicap. Other than magic she's not that useful.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

I used to think Regina was super clever and smart when she was "powerless" in S1. But later I realized it was the curse doing everything for her. She wasn't seducing people, she wasn't the master of manipulation. She just had 28 years of practice and huge handicap. Other than magic she's not that useful.

Which is why I wish the writers would actually challenge the character. I wonder if Regina has a magic cuff on as well or not.

So Henry Sr. is a valet in The Underworld? Heh.

Henry Sr. has always been called a "valet" since 1x02. Apparently all the evil sorceresses in the Enchanted Forest get one. Maleficent had one too until Ursula got to him.

What I find interesting is that if the script tease is not a flashback, it means that in all the time Cora and Henry Sr have been in the UW, they haven't even crossed paths.

Which, I have to admit, is a funny idea. I still loved that moment in 4x20 when he's shocked to see her and she says, "Yes, hello again Henry, get out."

mjgchick, on 14 Feb 2016 - 3:30 PM, said:

Henry, that poor sap. Cora did not treat him well. On another show they'd make something of it because its usually the other way around. Just like the men being the rape victims on this show is ignored.

It's kinda like the AU from s4, with bandit Regina and EQ Snow. It's the men who are rape victims or 'damsels in distress' (Hook), rather than the women who are the aggressors or the rescuers.

It's episode 18, and it's still 8:20?? That doesn't bode well... Now I'm starting to wonder if the Nevengers won't be able to leave the UW until the presumptive 2-hr Season Finale. They could be trapped in a "It's a Wonderful Life" kind of scenario which no one can escape until they get the epiphany that without Regina no good thing would have happened in their lives.

It's episode 18, and it's still 8:20?? That doesn't bode well... Now I'm starting to wonder if the Nevengers won't be able to leave the UW until the presumptive 2-hr Season Finale. They could be trapped in a "It's a Wonderful Life" kind of scenario which no one can escape until they get the epiphany that without Regina no good thing would have happened in their lives.

I suspect this is exactly what is going to happen. Spin wheels in the underworld 5b until something super special shows up then bam, adventure. Oh, we must thank Regina for ruining our lives. Regina and Hood share a TLK and all is back to normal as Emma spends a 30 sec scene sharing her soul to get Killian out of the underworld then rushes to celebrate with her bff.

This has got to be hilarious. I hope it's not too much like David fighting himself in the Rapunzel episode. So, James is apparently still a d-bag. Maybe he is trying to get Charming to take his place in the Underworld so he can return to the world of the living. If David had high hopes after witnessing Killian reuniting with his brother Liam, his own sibling reunion must be very disappointing! lol  

• Love 1

I hope this double-Josh fight is more entertaining than the double fight we got in "The Tower."

I hope James is in more eps. I want others to meet him!

Me too! Why is it that only Regina's sister is allowed to become a series regular, but James and Liam are one-offs? (Heck, James's actor is technically already a series regular...) Edited by Curio

So, they are pic of Emma looking so sad at the cimentary with some stuff she use to speak with Hook??

So hardware to have a clair picture I tough we saw Emma,Hook and co. fighting Cruella and this epidode.

Looks like Gold got it from Pan and gave it to Emma. Gold doesn't seem to be with the group when Emma is pouring out the potion (?) on what must be Killian's Grave. Henry looks upset in one still--looks like Robin is comforting him. 

Also, a couple of the Regina & Cora pics seem too happy like it's the actors and not the characters. 

Love Snow's cloak in the last still. Are we getting a flashback to the infamous Doctoberfest incident? hehe