Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

show might actually consider losing Robert Carlyle

That would be a huge mistake to have another Dark One. I would not want to be compared to Carlyle's character in any way, shape or form. But I'm sure he's gone as soon as his contract is up.

The only acceptable alternate universe I want to see is The Omen-Once Upon version. Seriously I'm sure they can find a cute Shirley Temple lookalike to play Damien terrorizing Disney characters. Like baby Demma pushing a pregnant Aurora down a flight of stairs or something.

You know I did call the babynapping when the spoilers first came out. I said that was one of the soap operas storylines they haven't used yet. All that's left is a baby swap. I don't see it here, unless Jennifer is quitting. It'd be one way to write her out.

So since things seem to be pointing to an alternate sort of universe for the season finale, did anyone else get some weird vibe when Hook mentioned he wished he could have put the Dark One's dagger through his heart and Emma telling him that if he had done that, it would his name that would be on the dagger.

No, you're not the only one who got foreshadowing vibes from that. But my response is probably better off in the speculation thread.

So Ursula got her Happy Ending thanks to Hook and Ariel. Mal will presumably get hers when she is reunited with Lily, thanks to Regina and Emma. That takes two out of three QoD out of the equation. What will Cruella's HE entail? So far, we have little clue. If one of the main cast wronged her, it's got to be Rumple. Unless they involve Will in this storyline just to give him something.

Maybe Cruella will be the one Queen of Darkness who will stick with Rumple and the Author quest until the bitter end. Someone will die this half-season, right? Maybe Cruella will. Unless Zelena dies again (for real this time).

• Love 1

So, I noticed that Emma in the promo (ABC promo) is sitting by someone's bed.  We can even see a wisp of hair.  Anyone wants to perhaps take a stab at this?  I'm not sure that it's at the hovel.  Walls look different.

I'm slightly fangirling over the shot of Emma asleep on Hook's shoulder in the CTV promo.  Not sure what Team Darkness is going to do while the town is sleeping but I'm on board for the sake of that shot.  More CS in the CTV promo, too, and less all about Snowing seekrit.  

• Love 1

Press release is out. It looks like Ursula is still around. Young Emma is back and an adoption agent and adoptive father. For Emma or Lily?

ETA: I just checked and the same actor played Lily's father in 4.05.

Edited by MaiLuna
  • Love 1

Abby Ross as Young Emma, Barclay Hope as Adoptive Father, Michelle Choi-Lee as Adoption Agent

Interesting. The adoptive father is Lily's dad.

When a travelling peddler directs them to visit a kindly old hermit, Snow and Charming are presented with a choice that could secure their child’s goodness, but at a price that will haunt them for years to come

The Peddler is totally not the Sorcerer or Author, guys.

It looks like Ursula is still around.

Probably for flashbacks, I would imagine.

Edited by KingOfHearts

Press release is out. It looks like Ursula is still around. Young Emma is back and an adoption agent and adoptive father. For Emma or Lily?

ETA: I just checked and the same actor played Lily's father in 4.05.

I would really like it if Ursula who has had her happy ending would come back to just clue Emma on exactly what Cruella and Maleficent are looking for.  She told Hook what Rumple wants to do, but she has been friends with the other two long enough to know what constitutes their happy ending.

Also, Shady's back it seems.

And the Sorcerer is probably sending Lily to the LwM.  She probably has some kind of freaky powers, like turning into a dragon like her mother who seems to be alive since forever and a day.

Edited by YaddaYadda

I noticed Jane Espenson is co-writing next week's episode. She's normally good at character writing

Is she really? I can't remember what she wrote besides Skin Deep, Miller's Daughter and Bleeding Through, in which case I'm going to have to pass. She did write Rump and Belle well in Skin Deep and Cora in Miller's Daughter but then she turned around and destroyed Cora in Bleeding. Along with that she destroyed Snow too. I don't think that's a good record, especially seeing as how it'll be Snow and Charming set for destruction in 4x16.

This whole story along with the author stuff is pure crap. What happened to their evil isn't born but victimized thing they've been pushing? I can't tell if they're just setting Snow up to look like the biggest moron ever for believing her fetus is fated to be Damien or if they're sincerely going with Emma is evil and Snowing ensured her goodness is the only reason she's good.

• Love 1

I can't remember what she wrote besides Skin Deep, Miller's Daughter and Bleeding Through, in which case I'm going to have to pass.

The key word is normally. She's very good at incorporating development of several characters at once. I consider Skin Deep and Miller's Daughter to be some of the best characterization in the show. She also did Witch Hunt, White Out, Red-Handed, The Return, In the Name of the Brother and We Are Both. All of which I think were great stories. The Evil Queen and Bleeding Through were definitely her missteps. 

Well, Snowing's decision couldn't have haunted them too much, considering it's taken 4 seasons for this stuff to pop up.

I think the peddler is possibly the Sorcerer or author as well. Maybe if we're lucky he/she will pull an "enchantress" like in the B&B animated film. Be nice to the peddler people or else you'll get cursed!

• Love 3
I think the peddler is possibly the Sorcerer or author as well

I thought he might be the Author at first especially since he keeps popping out, but I changed my mind.  I think he's just an opportunist.  This is obviously based off absolutely nothing.

So the story goes that a tree rejected them as heroes because Snow is carrying Baby Hitler, so now they met some random guy on the road who's like, "Baby Hitler problems? I know this other random guy who can fix that." Then that random guy is like, "Go kidnap Maleficent's baby and we'll fix you right up with a Hero Baby." So Snowing think this is a good idea and do it. And we've officially proven than these two people are the dumbest couple in the world. Also, they suck.

• Love 8

So the story goes that a tree rejected them as heroes because Snow is carrying Baby Hitler, so now they met some random guy on the road who's like, "Baby Hitler problems? I know this other random guy who can fix that." Then that random guy is like, "Go kidnap Maleficent's baby and we'll fix you right up with a Hero Baby." So Snowing think this is a good idea and do it. And we've officially proven than these two people are the dumbest couple in the world. Also, they suck.

They bought whatever Maleficent told them.  Maleficent who is basically someone who should not really be trusted.  It's like several people said when that episode aired, maybe the tree rejected them because baby makes three.

The way this whole thing with Snowing is coming off is that Snow is leading the charge.  The sort of snippets that we got from the promos reminded me of when she lumped David in with her after Emma ran when her magic went all wonky.

ETA - Shady's back as Mother Superior next episode, so I'm assuming Snowing might be going to her for assistance or something, in which case, I cannot wait to see how that goes down.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 1

IF IF IF the season ends with Hook in another realm, it would be a great thing if Emma and Snowing went after him. They could repair their relationship by working to save Hook. They can leave Woegina behind in Storybrooke to look after Henry. (And Neal, since she's sooooo good with kids. Blech.) That would be ideal. I doubt it will happen, because TS, TW, but that's what I'd want.

I'm pretty sure the season is going to end with either Hook sacrificing himself to save Emma or with them in different realms. What bothers me about this is that in a season about "happy endings" Hook and Emma would end up loosing theirs while other characters less deserving of one would get theirs (I'm looking at you, Regina).

• Love 3

On the bright side, if Regina gets her happy ending, maybe she'll finally shut the hell up and next season she'll be more tolerable.

Ha, ha, I amuse myself sometimes.

• Love 7

This is so awesome. There must be after school specials in the EF that encourage you to talk to strangers as they are the answer to your problems. Why would you go to trusted resources on your team like, I don't know, the Blue Fairy when random guys are much more clearly the solution to the problem you didn't even know you had and for which you're taking the word of a woman who regularly turns into a dragon and fries other random strangers.

• Love 2

I'm assuming that Emma and Lily will be foils for each other in the finale.  Maybe Emma and Lily will be exactly who it is that they are supposed to be had Snowing not interfered with anything.  And this for me is really, really scary.  

What was the point of promoting Ursula if she left the present day that early? Is there any spoiler about her filming in Storybrooke the next episodes?

Well Ursula and Cruella (and maybe Maleficent) were all friends. What if Ursula, who now has her happy ending, is still around to try and convince the two they can get their happy endings too without the Author.

Yeah, Free-Will apparently is a dangerous concept in the EF. They want everything guaranteed.

• Love 1

When are they doing the SB filming? It was going to be two days, right?

These guys say there isn't any this week. It was just a fan on set who said they heard it there, so could have just been a rumor of misinformation. I believe they started filming the finale yesterday, though, so I guess filming will go into next week. It would be unusual for a season finale to have no outside Storybrooke scenes, no?

These guys say there isn't any this week. It was just a fan on set who said they heard it there, so could have just been a rumor of misinformation. I believe they started filming the finale yesterday, though, so I guess filming will go into next week. It would be unusual for a season finale to have no outside Storybrooke scenes, no?

It could still happen though.  Production wraps up next week, so it's not like it's too late.  I'm not sure how much they want to "spoil".  I can't make anything from what we've got so far 

Yeah, each episode usually takes about 10 working days, I think, but they usually wrap up the season shooting in studio. So all other things being equal, there could be Steveston shooting early next week... assuming it is needed for the episode.

Edited by retrograde
  • Love 1

BTS photo from today. Robin Hood on a horse in the EF. Some sort of carriage. 

I'm assuming that's the Evil Queen's carriage. I also like how this was posted yesterday and none of us have even bothered to begin speculating about what it could be about. Last year was so exciting watching the finale photos trickle in with Emma wearing Enchanted Forest clothes and Hook wearing that prince outfit. This year, the only piece of spoiler excitement I've liked is the scene of everyone in the town disappearing except for Henry. 

• Love 1

Even then, Henry doesn't even seem to be alone for all that long.  He seems to have found his way to the EF.

Also, is the whole Regina/Robin scene from Sunday and Snow being possessed for a couple of minutes is foreshadowing of Zelena and the finale.  I don't really pay attention to Regina's scenes anymore especially when they involve Robin because I can't deal with Robin, but that seemed big enough.

Last year was so exciting watching the finale photos trickle in with Emma wearing Enchanted Forest clothes and Hook wearing that prince outfit

I stopped going in the spoiler thread last year because I didn't want to read speculations or see the pics.  That was the first time I was able to exercise some restraint.

• Love 1

Or we're completely wrong about the alternate universe.  Maybe everyone gets ripped back to the Enchanted Forest because

1. They are born there

2. Maybe Rumple has succeeded in turning Emma as he hoped and they still have to go to the Enchanted Forest because that's the only place villains can get their happy ending.

3. What happens to the villains who got their happy ending in Storybrooke?  Do they lose it once they're in the EF?  Does that make them align with the heroes to get it back?

Henry technically can't go to the Enchanted Forest because he was not born there.

I think I like this better than the whole it's Regina's alternate universe that everyone has to live in.  We still have a battle between the forces of good the forces of evil.  Rumple pretty much told Regina that she as aligning herself with the winning side, so he is fairly convinced he will be winning this one.

ETA - Actually, maybe Rumple doesn't even manage to turn Emma at all or he manages for a time, but when all fails, he goes to plan B.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 1

Would Lily be wearing EF stylw clothes if she'd just been ripped back? I was dubious on the AU idea, but this kinda makes me think it is the case. Would that mean Henry is the one who has to save them?

Would Lily be wearing EF stylw clothes if she'd just been ripped back? I was dubious on the AU idea, but this kinda makes me think it is the case. Would that mean Henry is the one who has to save them?

Neal was wearing EF style clothing even though he had not been there in centuries.  I don't see why Lily wouldn't.

And please, don't put it out there in the universe that Henry saves everyone.  If there's anything worst than Regina, it's Henry and that's saying something.

*sigh*

This finale just got worst for me thinking that Henry will be all over it.

Edited by YaddaYadda
Lily's costume looks like Charming's costume to me. Did he have a black lace up vest or jacket outfit? Or am I remembering wrong?

I wanna say James, maybe?  David has something similar too in the finale last year.  I think there's a white shirt underneath, but I'm not really sure.

The others should post pics of their outfits too, just for fun.

I don't get so much of what is happening in these spoilers. So, Snowing is so stupid and ridiculous that they want to make sure their kid will become a hero, in utero? And will go to these lengths to do it? Free will? Free will went by by during Operation Mongoose I guess. 

What happened to all that "evil isn't born, its made" stuff they used to try to push? Evil is now apparently something that can be inoculated against. 

• Love 1

Never mind, Sorcerer's mansion.

I too thought it was the mansion, but why would they take him there? Maybe it's Geppetto's house? I bet August starts to turn to wood again, and then somehow gets turned back into a boy, maybe as a way to save him again.