Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

Any chance I could get some scoop on my favorite Once Upon a Time character, Robin Hood? –Nicole

As previously hinted (and despite how Season 4A ended), Sean Maguire will be back in some capacity this spring as Regina’s soul mate. “And for the uber-observant fans,” series cocreator Adam Horowitz hints, “we’re going to shed some light on just why he might have looked different and not had a tattoo in Season 2″ — that is, back when the role was was originally played by Tom Ellis. (Do I smell a Dr. Kelly Nieman crossover?)

I mean... hopefully it's a simple "Zelena put a spell on him to disguise his identity" situation, and they don't pull something absurd out of their asses. Oh, what am I saying?

• Love 1

I mean... hopefully it's a simple "Zelena put a spell on him to disguise his identity" situation, and they don't pull something absurd out of their asses. Oh, what am I saying?

I hope he is not the real Robin Hood, but someone else in disguise. That way I can get my childhood hero back.

Also from TVLine

Do you know if we will see Emma’s childhood friend Lily on Once Upon a Time again this season? –Dee

Horowitz was a bit less forthcoming on that topic, offering only the teasey, “We sure hope so!”

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 1
Adam Horowitz hints, “we’re going to shed some light on just why he might have looked different and not had a tattoo in Season 2″

I will forgive much of Robin's D-Baggery if it turns out that he isn't the real Robin Hood and just a stand-in that Mariane found after original-recipe Robin went missing (and was presumed dead). That way, Mariane and Robin can retain their original soul-matish-ness,  original-recipe Robin can continue to be awesome and honorable (when he is found running an animal shelter in New York and feeding homeless people - I don't even need an explanation for how he came to be in New York), new-Coke Robin's fecklessness is explained and Mariane can keep Rolland because she's actually related to him. New-Coke Robin can go back to being his horse-stealing, frat boy, ne'er-do-well self without anymore angst and Regina can find out that Happy Endings aren't always what they are advertised to be as she has to use Dark Magic to once again scour the house after another one of his drunken parties.

• Love 1
we’re going to shed some light on just why he might have looked different and not had a tattoo in Season 2

So they're going to shed some light on that?  Like seriously, I didn't even notice whether he had a tattoo or not and I just assumed he had.  It's not complicated, he got his tattoo after especially since the timeline on this show is all kinds of fucked up.

This is exactly what I mean by the show enjoys wasting time on this kind of stuff, because really, who gives a rat's ass.  But hey, if they wanna make Robin interesting and say he knew who Zelena was and he dealt with her but did not say anything because *insert sob story* then fine, whatever.  He owes Rumple for the wand that saved Marian even though Rumple tortured the hell out of him.

So speaking of owing, does that mean that Rumple is collecting on that debt Robin feels he owes him in NYC.

Yeah, Robin is a moron.

• Love 2

So they're going to shed some light on that?  Like seriously, I didn't even notice whether he had a tattoo or not and I just assumed he had.  It's not complicated, he got his tattoo after especially since the timeline on this show is all kinds of fucked up.

He can't have gotten it after because he already had it when young!Regina saw him in the tavern. When we first saw Tom Ellis/Robin in S2, he didn't have it, but it was chronologically after Regina saw him.

I hope he is not the real Robin Hood, but someone else in disguise. That way I can get my childhood hero back.

That's my hope, as well. The spell was on Marian so that she'd think the impostor was her husband. And maybe fake-Robin also got a memory spell so that he remembers Marian turning his life around, which was what happened to the real Robin. The spell will break, Marian will realize she's not married to this idiot and he isn't Roland's real father, she'll find the real Robin, and the honor of Robin Hood will be restored.

• Love 3
He can't have gotten it after because he already had it when young!Regina saw him in the tavern. When we first saw Tom Ellis/Robin in S2, he didn't have it, but it was chronologically after Regina saw him.

Right.  I'll be completely honest here.  Robin, both versions made so little impression on me that I didn't even realize he was a recast.  BOOM!

• Love 1

That's my hope, as well. The spell was on Marian so that she'd think the impostor was her husband. And maybe fake-Robin also got a memory spell so that he remembers Marian turning his life around, which was what happened to the real Robin. The spell will break, Marian will realize she's not married to this idiot and he isn't Roland's real father, she'll find the real Robin, and the honor of Robin Hood will be restored.

Sure, what's some more dubious consent in this show anyway?

• Love 5

Maybe it can be like S1's prince and the pauper storyline, except James is original!Robin, David is new!Robin, George is Marian, and Midas is Zelena. Marion gets away with the switch by making a deal with Rumpelstiltskin (because he's a swell guy that didn't kill her that one time) to alter everyone's memories in exchange for the gauntlet. Also, Zelena killed original!Robin because she's BFFs with the Author and found out that Regina's true love was Robin, except the Author is tricksy fellow and fooled her into killing the wrong guy. That's how he rolls.

The "for the uber-observant fans" makes me think it is probably just a really small, throw-away line that vaguely explains why he looked different, not some huge spell/conspiracy storyline. I doubt the average viewer even remembers there was a different actor the first time around. 

• Love 1

I think his different appearance in s2 will be mentioned a temporary magic disguise for a heist or something. Although I'd totally prefer if this Robin turned out to be an imposter because I kinda liked Tom Ellis' version.

Also, I can't believe somebody's out there is calling this Robin "their favorite character". The mind boggles.

Edited by FurryFury
  • Love 2

Why does the difference need an explanation? We're smart enough to understand a recast.

That being said, what if it's a Dread Pirate Roberts situation? We know how much Adam and Eddy like Princess Bride. Perhaps Marian's true love was a previous Robin Hood or the next Robin Hood, and this current Robin Hood isn't her true love.

• Love 2
Also, I can't believe somebody's out there is calling this Robin "their favorite character". The mind boggles.

No kidding. I like Sean Maguire well enough, but he hasn't been given enough material for Robin to be a character to like (and the scenes he has been given make him a pathetic sop). All his "character" does (for totally inexplicable reasons) is salivate after a mass murderer while saying things like "you're not evil, you're bold and audacious". Oh ya, sure, much character. *rolling my eyes*

• Love 6

As I'm watching the Glenn Close 101 Dalmatians, it makes me wonder how Cruella fits into the Enchanted Forest setting. Is she going to be magical in this version?

She is going to have special powers. A&E said it had to do with "what's on her back" and that it would be dark. I'm guessing she can shapeshift into the animals her fur comes from.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

She is going to have special powers. A&E said it had to do with "what's on her back" and that it would be dark. I'm guessing she can shapeshift into the animals her fur comes from.

Hmm, wondering if there is another Lost shout out coming since she has a very combination black bear / polar bear looking sweater type thing in a few pics.

• Love 1

Hmm, wondering if there is another Lost shout out coming since she has a very combination black bear / polar bear looking sweater type thing in a few pics.

Look for those Dharma symbols!

Oh. So that was her as the puppy?

Maybe. Either that or she can control animals.

I will scream foul and bloody murder if they decided to already redeem Rumple.  The heroes running to Rumple for help next season is just a big no-no for me, like no way.  This may very well be the straw that breaks the camel's back for me.

• Love 2

It could easily be Belle and Regina against Rumple, asking him to call off his dogs so to speak. ;-) At least that's what I'm hoping. It would be nice if this Belle-Regina-Good Guys alliance lasted past the first episode back.

That chick they cast is totally grown up Lily then. I want to see if those SQ shippers who "totally" shipped Emma and Lily when Lily was just young!Regina in their eyes still ship them now that she's a grown up and an "actual" rival for Regina (not really, but you know what I mean).

*sigh*  It was bound to happen.  They don't know what to do with the characters they already have and Lily is definitely magical.   So recurring for 3 episodes, she gets her own backstory.  They're setting up season 5 with her.

I'm going to call it right now, Wednesday, Feb 18 at 12:56PM, Lily is the Sorcerer's daughter. 

• Love 4

I don't think Lilly would blame Emma. She might use her guilt to manipulate her, though. I am interested to see who the character ends up being. I agree probably a relative of the sorcerer and/or author. If he/she saw the curse coming, it makes sense they would have sent her to the land without magic, too.

I'm really trying hard to keep a lid on on my frustrations, but gggrrrrah!! This is THE LAST character I care to see anything more about. Why oh why is it so hard for tptb to focus on their main characters?! Ya know, the ones I somehow still have some emotion and interest invested in? *cries*

• Love 7

Why is everyone assuming the entire episode will be a Lily back story? Maybe she met Emma later in life. Maybe it's an Emma flashback and Lily is going to interact with Emma in Storybrooke. Maybe the fact that Emma actually wanted to watch the video of her with Lily means they somehow became friends again and we'll be able to see Emma interact with a person the way she did with Elsa. Plus it's episode 19 so it could be setting up season 5 and we know nothing about that yet.

I know we can't always trust the writers -- believe me I know -- but do we need all the negativity for each spoiler when we haven't even seen 4B yet?

• Love 9

Why is everyone assuming the entire episode will be a Lily back story?

Because it's These Writers and This Show

I know we can't always trust the writers -- believe me I know -- but do we need all the negativity for each spoiler when we haven't even seen 4B yet?

That's cute, but I've watched 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B, and 4A. I expect crap because all we've gotten is crap.

It's not being negative it's called being realistic. There's a difference.

Also, episodes 19 &/or 20 of the seasons are historically the worst episodes produced by these show writers.

At this point into the series and season of This Show the question isn't "will it be bad?" but "how bad will it be?"

Edited by FabulousTater
  • Love 7

So Lily?  In the flashback we got in 405, was she just some really angsty teenager going through her my parents don't love me, don't understand me phase or is it so much more than that?  Is this what Emma's heart needs saving from (no, not like that)?  Emma seemed to have regrets in the way she "behaved" towards Lily, so does that make easier for Lily to manipulate Emma?

I expect crap because all we've gotten is crap. It's not being negative it's called being realistic. 

A lot of people responded to just about every 4A spoiler with "THIS IS THE WORST I HATE THIS SEASON ALREADY" but ultimately, the season and its storylines were pretty well received overall (the finale not withstanding).

Here is what we know about 4.19 so far: It will probably have Lilly in it. 

Sure it may end up sucking, but I don't think the argument "This show always sucks so surely this storyline -- whatever it is -- will suck too" adds much to the conversation. 

Edited by retrograde
  • Love 4

Lily wasn't an interesting character, just an angsty/creepy teenager that was there to be a stand in for Regina (they even casted an actress that looked like Lana Parrilla). Noone, except the Swan Queen shipper who saw in her a proof that Emma is actually gay/bi and has a thing for Latinas, liked her. And they are bringing her back for three episodes so she is not going to be a supporting character in an Emma's flashback.

I'll take whatever I can get that has more Emma in it.

Well, I don't know. If they are going to give us another 4x05, thanks but no.

I'm mad because I only care about three characters and two of them are just going to be a pretty background while the other is in a serious risk of character assassination.

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 6
A lot of people responded to just about every 4A spoiler with "THIS IS THE WORST I HATE THIS SEASON ALREADY" but ultimately, the season and its storylines were pretty well received overall (the finale not withstanding).

That's entirely subjective. I didn't like 4A. I haven't liked an overall arc of this show since season 1. There are scenes and maybe episodes here and there that are good, but in terms of season arcs? CRAP ON A CRACKER. Total SHITFEST. Because historically I have found it crappy, I get to use that information to then deduce that the episodes that follow will also be crappy especially since it's the same show writers. I'm basing my information on past history of the show not on hopeful thinking based on nothing.

ETA: If you think everything the show produces is rainbows and puppies, good for you. Seriously, I'm happy for you. You can talk rainbows and puppies and sunshine and daises about the show all you want. But I don't think it's great. And since there are no rules on the boards about "Positive  and Wishful Thinking ONLY" I get to state my opinion as well, one that doesn't involve rainbows, puppies, or sunshine and daisies.

Wouldn't it be nice if there were an ep called "Emma"?

And THIS. So much THIS.

Edited by FabulousTater
  • Love 1
Will the last episode of this season be 4.21? The one-hour ep has thrown me off. If yes, then I assume the Lily character will be in the finale?

We should be getting 422.  Smash the Mirror is regarded at 408 as a whole 1 show as opposed to two like Snow Drifts and There's no Place Like Home.

Wouldn't it be nice if there were an ep called "Emma"?

Of course it would be but that's not happening.

Well, I don't know. If they are going to give us another 4x05, thanks but no.

405 was complete crap.  But I didn't have a problem with the Lily/young!Emma scenes.  I had a problem with the Emma/Regina scenes and what that idiot writer said.

• Love 1

FWIW, I hated everything in 4x05, Lily/Emma scenes included. Lily felt like a young Regina to me, only not real young Regina, but a young version of current Regina, if it makes sense. I actually liked real young Regina, she was interesting and not too whiney. 

I'm not sure, at this point, what could make me want to continue watching. I hate Robin and Outlaw Queen - and we'll get more of that. I hate how Regina's redemption has been handled and how everyone bends over backwards for her - and we'll get loads more of Regina and her flashbacks. I don't care about older Disney stuff, especially villains - we get not one, but THREE of Disney villains. I hated Lily - we get Lily. I didn't care about August - we get August. 

At this point it really feels like they are consciously trying to make me quit watching.

• Love 7

Lily was a character from one of the worst episodes of the season/show, and actually part of a completely crap storyline. I don't think the reaction is because she's not a main character. I can tell you I wouldn't have reacted like that if the episode had been called "Mulan".

• Love 10

So now we're getting episodes dedicated to characters who are merely passing through?

Ariel. Queen of Hearts. The Snow Queen. Lacey. Tiny. It's a pretty common trend.

FWIW, I hated everything in 4x05, Lily/Emma scenes included.

I didn't care for the Lily/Emma scenes either. That story felt so cliche, too much of a Swanfire repeat, and largely irrelevant. It wasn't even a compelling story on its own. I really don't care about Emma's encounter with a bratty compulsive liar teenaged girl. I could see it as a backstory for a villain or something... but it's this show. They couldn't get enough Woegina so they had to cast another one.

Maybe adult Lily will surprise me, but I doubt it. Is it me or was everything non-Frozen in 4A merely setup for 4B? That explains why almost nothing happened. It's nice that spoilers like these reassure we're going to be focusing on core characters again.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2
Why is everyone assuming the entire episode will be a Lily back story?

Well, let's see.

Past episode titles and their content:

• "Dreamy" was all about Grumpy (aka Dreamy).
  • "Tiny" was all about Tiny's story.
  • "Lacey" was about Belle's alter-ego, "Lacey".
  • "The Evil Queen" was about Regina, (geez, that title should've been a giveaway that these idiot writers see the EQ as not Regina...GAH! FU, writers! Regina doesn't have multiple personality disorder! Regina is The Evil Queen! They are one in the same person! ) But I digress... 
  • "The Doctor" was all about Doctor Whale.
  • "Ariel" was about Ariel.
  • "The Snow Queen" was about The Snow Queen.

...I can go on, but what is it about those past episodes and titles that would make you think an episode titled "Lily" isn't all about Lily? Come now, it's These Writers. It's This Show.

Edited by regularlyleaded
...I can go on, but what in heavens about those past episode titles would make you think an episode titled "Lily" isn't about a Lily backstory?

Maybe it is about Phoebe Buffay's adopted Mom, Lily - she apparently comes back to life as a cat name Julio. Maybe Lily is really animal shape-shifter Cruella!  Bonus, Julio lives in New York where all Fairytale characters go to live.

That plot might actually make more sense than some of the ones that are leaking lately (the entire author plot, for one).

• Love 2
Maybe it is about Phoebe Buffay's adopted Mom, Lily

Lily effin' Potter just because HP was brought up like several times in 405 and then in 410.  The girl who came from a non magical and ordinary family but somehow had powers.

ETA - I'm curious to see if we're done with the flunkies after Cruella's backstory.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 2

well I'm feeling more confident this means that Emma will be featuring heavily in the last few eps of 4B - I didn't really care for Lily in 4x05 but I'm interested to see how A&E will bring her into the QOD storyline - I'm guessing she'll be tied into Cruela'a story as Cruela's backstory is 4.18, so whatever the big reveal is at the end of that episode could easily lead into 4.19.