Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

I'm just assuming that Maleficent's outfit and makeup has changed because they want her to look like Angelina Jolie's Maleficent.  It's not for nothing that she was wearing sparkly purples and greens in earlier seasons and now she's dressed exactly like Angelina.  I think the original plan was to have Maleficent as the villain for 4a as a take off from the Angelina movie but then they saw how successful Frozen was and went that route.  Now that it's been a while since the Maleficent movie was released they've decided to up the villain quota and in case the ratings tank it won't be just the one villain's fault.  Adam can say that was always the plan but the show has been incredibly predictable since Pan.

I feel like all of the shipping spoilers they've given are just meh.  Of course Rumbelle will interact, of course it's not the end of their story (but the middle?idk).  Of course there's more history to Snow and Charming before Emma was born, maybe we'll see preggo Snow dealing with  the "Queens o' Darkness."  Of course Regina and Robin will be reunited at some point, probably before Hook and Emma even manage to have a second date since Outlaw Queen is set to lightning speed.  Of course Hook and Emma will have obstacles individually because if you put them together for more than a minute alone they start making out, we'd hate for them to have an actual conversation that didn't have to deal with the villain of the half season or her family.

I really don't have an interest in the Queens of Darkness storyline or in the book author for that matter.  I want to see where Captain Swan go, I'd like to see Emma interact with both of her parents, I'd like to see what she thinks of baby Snowflake.  I'd like to see Henry actually age up to Jared's age.  It could've been interesting if they'd done another year time jump at the half season instead of just six weeks.  I don't want to miss Captain Swan "firsts" but they could've explained that away as nothing happened because Regina can't be with Robin .**rolls eyes**

• Love 1

The whole Queens of Darkness, Maleficent is already part of the show since Season 1 (I'm also assuming she's the Black Fairy and her wand is the one that's been referred to and used in both 311 and 322), but there were a lot of visual references to Ursula/Poseidon as well and I'm not just talking about "Ariel".  Cruella on the other hand?  I have no seen anything that even hints at her.  Even when they started setting up Zelena, there were references to Munchkins and things like that and when they started setting up the Snow Queen, they started talking about FroYo and ice cream.  Yeah, I'd never think it had to do with the Snow Queen or that there was even an ice cream store in Storybrooke.

Well, Pongo has been around since the very first episode. They wouldn't have given Archie a dalmation named Pongo if they weren't planning to use it somewhere down the line.

• Love 4

Well, Pongo has been around since the very first episode. They wouldn't have given Archie a dalmation named Pongo if they weren't planning to use it somewhere down the line.

I agree with that.  We all knew she was coming eventually.  I just didn't think she was coming like right now.  And she has magic to boot which really sticks in my craw. I'm not feeling too hot about that development.

• Love 2

Longest non-spoiler ever from TVLine:

Are Once Upon a Time's Rumpelstiltskin and Belle ever going to be together again? –Ann
Or, does the pursuit of power come with a price? When I invited the series creators to take us inside Rumple’s mad-for-magic mindset, Eddy Kitsis explained, “Rumple let us know in Season 1 that he’s a difficult man to love. And he’s let us know that he always chooses power over love, that is his fault. But he began the season with honorable intentions — he really was going to give Belle the knife – but when he saw the [sorcerer’s] hat, that made him realize, ‘I did the noble thing and it ended up with my son dying and me being a slave. So if I can never have to wake up and worry about someone getting my dagger, why can’t I have everything?’ And as he learned, you can’t.” But to more directly answer your Q, Adam Horowitz offers this: “Rumple and Belle] have been through a lot together, and despite how it may have felt in the midseason finale, their story is not over.”

I assume all this "halfway through the book" "story is not over" stuff they have been saying lately is code for "Please don't stop watching, Rumbelle fans! We will get them back together in the end!"

At least we've stopped hearing about "addiction." Actually, that's weird -- I assumed Robert Carlyle got that from the writers when he was going on about it at the start of the season, but I don't think I've seen them say it once. 

Edited by retrograde

But to more directly answer your Q, Adam Horowitz offers this: “Rumple and Belle] have been through a lot together, and despite how it may have felt in the midseason finale, their story is not over.”

Coming from A&E, it sounds rather disgusting. I bet they'll be back together by the finale just judging from that wording.

• Love 1
But to more directly answer your Q, Adam Horowitz offers this: “Rumple and Belle] have been through a lot together, and despite how it may have felt in the midseason finale, their story is not over.”

How do you write lines like...

Rumple: "I don't want to lose you."

Belle: "You already have."

or...

Belle: "And I... I lost my way trying to help you find yourself. Not anymore."

or... 

Belle: "Your true love is your power."

... then not have them officially break up forever? On any other TV show that would be a permanent split. (Except maybe on a soap opera.) That scene had zero tones of them having any hope of getting back together again. When they reunite, it'll just show how much fan service has taken over this show.

Remember, this is the same character who vowed that she didn't want either her father or Rumple controlling her life and she was going to be independent of both of them, and by the end of the episode she was already accepting a job and apartment that Rumple controlled and planning a cheeseburger date with him. So, sadly, I can believe that they'll be back together again by the end of the season.

They're like those annoying friends who keep pretending that their obviously unhappy and even potentially abusive relationships are perfect, then break up and feel all liberated and want to engage in lengthy venting/bitch sessions about their exes, and then get back together with the exes and are mad at you for having said bad things about their precious darling in those venting/bitch sessions. Lather, rinse, repeat.

It doesn't help matters that these writers seem to like pandering to 'shippers so they're seldom willing to permanently pull the plug on any relationship in which both parties are still alive. I don't think they were willing to say that things were over between Neal and Emma until Neal was in the ground, and even then they keep teasing that we haven't seen the last of Neal. I don't expect these writers to ever say that things are totally over between Belle and Rumple, even if they never put them back together again. But given the usual way consequences are dealt with on this show, yeah, things will be peachy between Belle and Rumple by the end of the season and she'll be mad at Hook for having ever said anything mean about Rumple, even if he was agreeing with her at the time.

• Love 3

but when he saw the [sorcerer’s] hat, that made him realize, ‘I did the noble thing and it ended up with my son dying and me being a slave. So if I can never have to wake up and worry about someone getting my dagger, why can’t I have everything?’

I must not have been paying attention, because I don't remember this happening on screen ever. All I remember is Rumple seeing the hatbox, then being sneaky and next thing, mwahahahahaha power, cleave, crush!!!

If you have to tell us in interviews what a character's motivations are, but can't bother to show us on screen, then it doesn't count.

Edited by The Cake is a Pie
  • Love 7

How do you write lines like...

Rumple: "I don't want to lose you."

Belle: "You already have."

or...

Belle: "And I... I lost my way trying to help you find yourself. Not anymore."

or... 

Belle: "Your true love is your power."

... then not have them officially break up forever? On any other TV show that would be a permanent split. (Except maybe on a soap opera.) That scene had zero tones of them having any hope of getting back together again. When they reunite, it'll just show how much fan service has taken over this show.

They're not going to break up "Beauty and the Beast" forever, what kind of fairytale would that be?  I do side-eye at the thought that it's only the middle of their story, they have a hundreds of years history together---how long can their story last?  Rumple may be immortal but Belle isn't.

Anyone else wondering why there are zero spoilers about Will?  What was the point of bringing him on?

Rumple may be immortal but Belle isn't.

When Lacey asked Rumpel if he could keep her young forever, he said he could. He offered to turn back Bae's clock, and threatened to roll Smee's back to factory settings. So, in theory, as long as he's immortal, he can keep her alive and visably un-aged. Until they need that as some sort of plot device, at which point, he won't be able to.

Edited by Amerilla

They're not going to break up "Beauty and the Beast" forever, what kind of fairytale would that be?

What kind of fairytale is Belle getting abused forever from her own stupidity?

So, sadly, I can believe that they'll be back together again by the end of the season.

I can too, but it's fan service plain and simple. Wouldn't want to upset those Rumpbellers. The whole idea is totally absurd, so of course it's not actually a logical step in the plot.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

So, in theory, as long as he's immortal, he can keep her alive and visably un-aged.

Who says Belle would want to be immortal though? Just because Lacey wanted to be, doesn't mean that real Belle would. In fact, he would probably secretly de-age her without telling her because he doesn't give two craps about what she wants or thinks. Even if she explicitly asks him not to. Hm...

I can too, but it's fan service plain and simple. Wouldn't want to upset those Rumpbellers.

That sums up the entire relationship from a writing and storytelling POV. 

I think they should reunite Belle and Rumple at the end of the series because by the end of 4B, 3 hours will have passed since the end of 4A (please don't quote me, I'm being sarcastic).

This show travels at snail pace and let's be frank, no matter how dim Belle can be, Rumple simply doesn't deserve her.  I don't care if he's her true love.  Why would a girl like her settle for someone like that is beyond me.  It's like the abusive wife who keeps going back to her abusive husband.  Once does not project a good message when I think about it.  

• Love 3

It's not even that 4B will last 3 hours and that's why it's totally absurd that Rumple and Belle could get back together at the end. It's the Rumple will spend 2 hours and 50 minutes conspiring with the Queens of Darkness to blow shit up, then have a change of heart, Regina in 2B-style, in the last 10 minutes, and that will show Belle what an hero he is and how he's changed. Barf.

• Love 2

You know Regina was probably BFF with all these women (except probably Ursula if we go by what happened in Ariel) in the Enchanted Forest.  Cruela was her fashion designer and Maleficent was her drinking buddy.  I can only imagine the conversation, my true love blah blah blah....

I noticed that A&E have back to back episodes.  They penned both 411 and 412.  I hope 412 is less of a train wreck than 411 was because still not over it!

Oh, we already know that she has a history with Maleficent and that they were, in fact, "frenemies."  The question is what that relationship is going to be like now, given the way Regina screwed Maleficent over the way she screwed over everyone else in the Enchanted Forest.

Oh, we already know that she has a history with Maleficent and that they were, in fact, "frenemies."  The question is what that relationship is going to be like now, given the way Regina screwed Maleficent over the way she screwed over everyone else in the Enchanted Forest.

Their relationship really couldn't been all that chummy if Regina locked her in a basement as a dragon for 28 years until her death. They played Maleficent like some evil dragon, but really all she was doing was self-defense against sword-wielding gun-shooting Emma. Not justifying her past, but she was really a victim here.

Edited by KingOfHearts

Lana posted another pic of her with the Evil Trio with the caption "Evil Dream Team."

They're filming Ursula's ep right now, 4x15.

Judging by post-break spoilers about who's filming, it seems like this season is going exactly as we feared: Huge amounts of Evil Trio and Regina, very light on anybody else.

Edited by Souris

I wonder if Regina isn't a "double-agent" with the other flunkies.  

Judging by post-break spoilers about who's filming, it seems like this season is going exactly as we feared: Huge amounts of Evil Trio and Regina, very light on anybody else.

Rumple plus 3 new villains and the Regina quota to fill.  Sounds about right.

• Love 1

Some people seem to think all the pics of Lana w/ the villains indicate that Regina will go evil again. I think we can't be so lucky. She might be tempted or be "double-agenting" or something, but I cannot see the show jumping off their Saint Regina bandwagon. And I doubt Lana would be spoiling a development like that, anyway.

The double-agent theory is a good one, I can definitely see them going there. Even so, I would be surprised if they didn't have her somewhat lured by the dark side -- just she'll be pulled back by Robin at the last minute. A&E like to keep one foot in each camp when it comes to Regina, and I don't think they'll ever have her fully good or fully evil, even just for a period of time.

Edited by retrograde
  • Love 3

The double-agent theory is a good one, I can definitely see them going there. Even so, I would be surprised if they didn't have her somewhat lured by the dark side -- just she'll be pulled back by Robin at the last minute. A&E like to keep one foot in each camp when it comes to Regina, and I don't think they'll ever have her fully good or fully evil, even just for a period of time.

I can definitely seen Regina being tempted back to the dark side, especially if the trio dangle the "villains getting happy endings" carrot in front of her. Of course though, she will have a last minute change of heart and defeat them singlehandedly, proving that she is the most heroic of all the heroes, and probably do something like save Emma's life and the whole town, thereby also proving she can out-savior even The Savior.

::headdesk::

• Love 2

As much as I don't care much for what they have done with Regina and her storyline, I still love me some Regina in full snark mode, so I'd be pretty down to see her either trading barbs with the trio or snarking along with them. I'd definitely rather watch her with them than her with Emma, Henry, or Robin. 

• Love 2
I'd definitely rather watch her with them than her with Emma, Henry, or Robin.

Does that mean Emma would have overtime with Henry?  Because, please no!

It makes sense that they would try to recruit Regina given that Robin has left town with his wife and child, it makes her more vulnerable to being turned evil again.  I'm not even sure how they will be juggling all of this but I'm expecting 4B to be a hot mess.  

As much as I don't care much for what they have done with Regina and her storyline, I still love me some Regina in full snark mode, so I'd be pretty down to see her either trading barbs with the trio or snarking along with them. I'd definitely rather watch her with them than her with Emma, Henry, or Robin.

Normally, I'd agree, but The Evil Queen's last appearance (after the Shattered Sight spell was cast) was so lame and badly acted/written that I'm not sure if I'll enjoy her anymore.
  • Love 2
Normally, I'd agree, but The Evil Queen's last appearance (after the Shattered Sight spell was cast) was so lame and badly acted/written that I'm not sure if I'll enjoy her anymore.

I wonder if it's the Evil Queen we will see as opposed to Mayor Regina Mills from Season 1.  She's the one who fits SB anyway.

I agree, FuryFurry. I love me some Evil Queen or Mayor Mills, she's my favorite character, but they've shoved her redemption down our throats so much that regression would be largely uncalled for. I'm so, so tired of the possibility of her flip-flopping used as a cliffhanger. It's one area this show likes to retread... and retread... and retread.

I'm okay with Regina being the resident villain who just does whatever the crap she wants, but the more the writers hit me on the head with the St. Woegina Bible, the more I find it's an impossibility for her ever be treated as truly gray. That all being said, she and the Queens fit very well together.

Edited by KingOfHearts

They do film weekends sometime. That producer usually tweets photos she has taken in the past (often leading to great confusion and arguing amongst fans), but the wording of the tweet does make it sound like she is talking specifically about today.

Adam is trolling (and queerbaiting) again.

I am so freaking tired of Swan Queen baiting. It's ruining the whole season for me. Utter. Gag. It's appalling even to Swan Queen shippers because they're being teased for something they're not going to have.

• Love 4

Fuck you, Adam, just fuck you. These idiotic tidbits make me want to punch him in the throat, and I don't even care that much for the show any more! His attitude just bugs the hell out of me. It's not just queerbating (which is bad enough on its own), it's the practice of constantly teasing the fanbase in the cheapest and most idiotic way possible. Remember his tweet with "Hook: Swan"? This is the same. Just shut up if you can't show anything more interesting.  This is insulting. He's behaving like a 14-year old attention whore.

UPD: Ahem! I'm a bit drunk and it probably shows, but I'm genuinely frustrated with the way the showrunners behave on social media.

Edited by FurryFury
  • Love 2

Eh. I find the tiny excerpts lame, but it's his Twitter feed and people seem to respond and enjoy them. If it's working to keep people talking and tweeting about the show during the hiatus, I can't blame him for keeping it going.

Okay now here is a real spoiler. Colin is filming with Merrin today, and unless JMo flew in late last night or early this morning, she is still in LA. So good news for those hoping that Hook will be part of the Ursula plot.

Edited by retrograde
Ariel could also theoretically swim to modern-day Storybrooke (I think?), I guess.

She absolutely can.  And I re-watched some of season 3 and she doesn't need magic to do that.  She can cross between realms.  I mean when Hook lied about her going to find Eric, Regina was all "at the rate mermaids swim, she's probably already there."  Plus there was the whole "Ariel" episode.  That probably means Ursula can do the same.

I guess if someone wants to travel to the EF, all they have to do is hitch a ride with a mermaid.  

Edited by YaddaYadda

I wonder if it's flashbacks or SB.  I'm excited that he has ties to her because geez, that actually makes sense!

With our luck, she'll just be the next one in the long line of those who cursed Hook.

If the ep features both Hook and Ariel, I wonder if they'll revisit the s3's "Jolly Roger" and the consequences of Hook not helping Ariel.

Edited by FurryFury

I still think he sold the Jolly Roger to her.  There's no way he knew Blackbeard was alive, saved by Ariel and then traded his ship to him for the magic bean.  Actually Hook might just find out what happened to his ship sooner rather than later.