Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

I'm not a fan of "they were here the whole time!", like the cast knew them and never mentioned them. Some dangerous continuity-breaking shoehorning is on the horizon.

I'm curious what they'll do with Ursula, since Regina got the Disney version. She's almost like a whole new character from this show.

This person thought Zelena's modern outfits were super posh? She looked like the crazy aunt you pretend you don't know.

Yes I agree. I thought her wardrobe was very fitting for the Wicked Witch of the West, but it wasn't exactly stylin'.

Edited by KingOfHearts
Because no way do I see them writing Belle giving the dagger to hook if Rumple is still under its control.

It depends on how it all goes down, I guess, but I could see the two of them bonding somewhat over both being Rumple's victims and both being the ones most in danger from him if his current plot fails and Belle turns against him. Look what happened to his last wife when she defied him and left. So if Belle does find out that Rumple was scheming to get ultimate power and free himself from the dagger, using Hook's heart, and that he was using her as a front to pretend to be good with her having a fake dagger, and especially if she learns of all this via Hook, then I could imagine her looking to Hook as an ally if she's afraid of the consequences of stopping Rumple and being mad enough at him to leave. The only way Hook would survive while Rumple's in town with his powers intact is if Rumple's not in control of the dagger, and Belle might have reason to fear that she'd also be on Rumple's hit list if she defied him and ruined his plans.

• Love 1

Get ready for my latest sleeping-mind speculation horror, spurred by those Belle/Hook dagger spoilers and A&E saying the ending twist is their favorite yet: Rumple succeeds in his plan and crushes Hook's heart. Using the dagger to make him the Dark One is the only way to save him. Emma can't do the heart-splitting thing because even she can't remove her heart. Rumple keeps all the power, so Hook just has the dagger. Rumple leaves town, but finds that it's a hollow victory and returns. At the end of the season, Maleficent puts Emma under a sleeping curse. If Hook TLKs her, it will wake her, but it will also undo the Dark One curse, so he'd die. (Henry's not there and there's a time constraint to wake her up.) He sacrifices himself to wake her up.

WTF is wrong with me???

So far none of these have panned out, so I hope like hell that streak continues. I'm guessing the dream I had where I couldn't find the ladies' locker room at the gym was unrelated, LOL. Though perhaps indicative of the fact that I need to go to the gym more!

I much prefer the speculation that this is a way to show Hook's growth as he struggles with whether to exact revenge on Rumple and ultimately decides not to do anything. I just can't figure out what the big "twist" that A&E love is going to be if it's not Hook becoming the Dark One. Would they love Rumple losing his powers as a result of the hat spell?

• Love 3
Would they love Rumple losing his powers as a result of the hat spell?

I would love it. Rumple is now in the position he fears (no pwer). How does he react? Lots of scope for the imagination. Maybe he teams up with three other villains.

I just can't figure out what the big "twist" that A&E love is going to be if it's not Hook becoming the Dark One.

IDK. A villain going under a curse to become more dark seems repetative. I'd rather see a hero become the Dark One.

Maybe Belle becomes the Dark One and she gives her dagger to Hook because....REASONS.  She doesn't trust herself? She's suddenly convinced he has a pure heart? He's the only other one who knows she is the Dark One?

I still pine for the price that Neal had to pay for his dad coming back to life was that he (Neal) would be the new Dark One. I think that would have left room for a LOT of stories.

Hook becoming the Dark One is one of my nightmares. It would be so contrived and stupid, that it's something A&E would love. But I can't connect Hook being the Dark One with the cute, happy pics of Hook and Emma from episodes 12 and 13. It would make no sense, but, again, with this show, everything is possible.

Anyway, I'm more and more convinced that the heart issue is not going to be solved this Sunday, or the resolution would be anticlimactic and rushed. If the showdown between Hook and Rumple was going to be as epic and important as some people thinks it's going to be, and the climax of the episode, Colin and Bobby would be doing some promotion. Instead, all the promotion is about who would choose Robin (gagh) and the Queens of Darkness.

Edited by RadioGirl27

Don;t you have to kill the previous Dark One to become the next Dark One?

Yes, and maybe that is what the hat does? It resets the Dagger. Basically Rumple ceases to be the Dark One (could mean totally underpowered or limited magic ability) and the dagger goes blank waiting for a new owner/name to be on it.

Blurry, dark photo of Maleficent's modern duds. Is she wearing a fedora?

I like it. It's very unexpected.

Yes, and maybe that is what the hat does? It resets the Dagger. Basically Rumple ceases to be the Dark One (could mean totally underpowered or limited magic ability) and the dagger goes blank waiting for a new owner/name to be on it.

I'm hoping for something like that. What if that's why they're burying the dagger - because they don't want the Queens of Darkness or Rumple to become the Dark One.

Edited by KingOfHearts

I'm hoping for something like that. What if that's why they're burying the dagger - because they don't want the Queens of Darkness or Rumple to become the Dark One.

I can't shake off the parallels between 3B and 4B or for that matter Oz and EF.

In Oz you had The Wizard, the 3 Witches (North, South, East) and the Fourth (West) that joins in later.

In the EF, you have The Dark One, 3 Queens of Darkness and the Evil Queen.

That said, I can't shake the feeling the missing pages are from Cruella and Ursula screwing with Regina.

Sneak peek 2 at EOnline (I can't watch it "due to content restrictions")

Elsa, Anna, Kristoff, Emma, Hook, and Henry are at the town line. Some of Ingrid's magic is left over and although the ice wall is gone there's a magic shield around the town to stop people from leaving or entering. Anna tells Elsa that Hans conquered Arendelle and Elsa says to Emma that they need to find a way back to Arendelle now.

In the EF, you have The Dark One, 3 Queens of Darkness and the Evil Queen.

That said, I can't shake the feeling the missing pages are from Cruella and Ursula screwing with Regina.

What if Maleficent, Cruella, Ursula and Regina were all part of a clique (after the events of Ariel) once, and Regina left or got kicked out? You could replace Regina with Rumple, maybe.

Sneak peek 2 at EOnline (I can't watch it "due to content restrictions")

I still think the protection spell is from Rumple, not Ingrid.

Yeah, but it's not like they can just walk out of SB into Arendelle.  That scene of Anna wanting to go is all kinds of ridiculous.

Did not get that at all. They just now addressed the fact they're in a different world and can't go on foot? They didn't do that along the way or beforehand? Even Anna said in 4x09 that it was a "funny looking world". She knows how portals work apparently, too.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

How convenient that there's yet another magical barrier surrounding Storybrooke...

Yeah, but it's not like they can just walk out of SB into Arendelle.  That scene of Anna wanting to go is all kinds of ridiculous.

Could be.  That way he stops anyone from following him once he takes Henry with him.  No one will care about Belle, but they would go after Henry.

Edited by YaddaYadda

I dunno, a lot of these theories sound pretty intricate for 45 commercial minutes, given everything else that has to happen this episode. I'm just going to predict that Rumple is foiled at the last minute and Hook gets his heart back and everything is wrapped up in a relatively neat bow. At the start of next season, they think Rumple has gone, but eventually realise he hasn't and he is up to no good, so they have to retrieve the dagger from wherever they hid it. 

• Love 3

Yeah, but it's not like they can just walk out of SB into Arendelle.  That scene of Anna wanting to go is all kinds of ridiculous.

But Anna doesn't know that. One minute she was in a trunk on the bottom of the sea and the next she was on a beach somewhere with Elsa. She's never encountered travel between worlds before.

• Love 3

I don't think this has been posted yet. It's a tweet from Sean saying, "Well what would you do? Find out what happens Sunday" with a photo of Regina and Marian together. 

But here's the kicker.

It looks like Marian is lying on a cot in Regina's vault... where Regina and Robin just did it a couple days ago. Are they seriously going to wake Marian up in the same place they did the monster mash twice? These writers must seriously hate Marian or something.

• Love 3
But Anna doesn't know that. One minute she was in a trunk on the bottom of the sea and the next she was on a beach somewhere with Elsa. She's never encountered travel between worlds before.

I agree.  But Emma and Hook have realm traveled and it just seems like some plot point for something.  Anyway...there's no context for the scene so I'll sit on it.

Only really interesting thing for me is that it sounds like Regina finds out about Rumple's plan to take Henry out of town.

Why would he tell her?  Does he think she's gonna let him make away with her son especially now that they have Operation Mongoose going?  Seriously, if Rumple does that, then he is just begging to be stopped.

#whowillrobinchoose

Oh seriously!  I hope this is a blip on the radar.  And eww!!! The creepy crypt.

Edited by YaddaYadda

I don't think this has been posted yet. It's a tweet from Sean saying, "Well what would you do? Find out what happens Sunday" with a photo of Regina and Marian together.

Regina is wearing her "redeemed" outfit from 3B, it looks like. Prepare for good deeds! What's with all the candles? Did they mash again just before bringing Marian in?

I'm sensing a deux ex machina coming to unfreeze a popsicle. But wait a minute... if Ingrid died, wouldn't she be unfrozen? Where's Regina's big "choice" then? I bet Robin choosing to go with Marian will be the big "twist" that will come out of nowhere... or Regina will dump him for good maybe. Either way, Outlaw Queen was utterly pointless.

Edited by KingOfHearts

I agree. It's definitely Rumple. He wants to keep everyone in Storybrooke when he goes on his world-domination quest.

It plays as a ridiculous scene. Yeah, yeah--no one catches anyone up on anything in Storybrooke because of the plot!plot!plot! action, but it is still jarring. Hopefully, in-context the scene plays out better. Maybe they're at the town-line to check if the Ice-Wall is finally down.

These writers must seriously hate Marian or something.

...or something is right. ;-)

if Ingrid died, wouldn't she be unfrozen? Where's the big choice then?

That's when he does actually have a choice. If both his wife and his girlfriend are both alive and thawed, he has to pick one of them instead of going with the default of the one who's currently breathing.

Hook's presence with the group at the town line suggests that Emma did eventually realize that he was missing from the celebration, and unless this scene comes at the end of the episode it seems they missed the drama of her realizing he was missing, then getting the voice mail or not finding him again until Rumple's on the verge of heart crushing. But I'm guessing this scene follows on the previous sneak of Rumple ordering Hook to get Anna out of town before she and Belle have a chance to catch up. Not only does Anna know about the hat, but she'd know that Rumple knew that Anna's fate wasn't Belle's fault, that Anna was freed from Ingrid after that before whatever happened that made Elsa not know where she was, and Rumple hadn't told Belle what he knew, instead letting her prostrate herself before him and say she wasn't worthy of him because it was all her fault.

• Love 2

Hook's presence with the group at the town line suggests that Emma did eventually realize that he was missing from the celebration

That's quite optimistic. My guess is that the town border scene is right after the one with Hook and Rumple. So Hook will probably show up to the town line all nonchalantly and Emma will just be like, "Oh hey, there you are. Now Anna, what did you say about your kingdom being taken over?"

• Love 2

Emma: Oh hey Hook, do you have an extra magic bean lying around?

Hook: Nope, got just the one when i traded the Jolly Roger.

Anna: Blackbeard's ship?

Hook: WTF!?!

Nope, not going to happen, sadly.

ETA - I think the Rumple/Hook scene happens after the one at the town line, otherwise Hook wouldn't know they're looking for a portal.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 1

although the ice wall is gone there's a magic shield around the town to stop people from leaving or entering.

At some point, shouldn't this show become Under the Dome?  Where are they getting their food?  Their Diet Coke?  Their diapers for Baby Do-Over?

• Love 2

TV Line Blind Item. A main character pregnancy. The show is less than 6 years old and at least 2 years old. It comes at a time when the couple is on shaky ground.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/12/tvlines-pregnancy-blind-item.html?m=1

Please don't be Once. Please don't be Once. Please don't be Once.

Another pregnancy so soon after Snow's would be too much, but we are talking about Once, a show famous for repeating storylines, so, of course it's either Regina or Belle.

• Love 2

Another pregnancy so soon after Snow's would be too much, but we are talking about Once, a show famous for repeating storylines, so, of course it's either Regina or Belle.

We know it's not Belle because she's already married.

Imagine the twist - The Hoods leave for EF, and then Regina finds out she's pregnant. That's massive angst right there, and it's exactly what A&E would love. Poor Regina has to raise the baby herself, relying on her motherly instincts once again! Victimization at its finest.

Edited by KingOfHearts

I bet it's Regina.  It can't be Belle, because of the clue that some fans of the couple will be cheering for the next logical step -- marriage.  Belle is already married.

The only thing that makes me think it's not her is the "early in the new year" statement, because Once doesn't return until March.  But that could be loose writing.  I think very few network shows are airing new episodes in January.  And every other clue seems to fit.  It would definitely change the DNA of the series.  She and Robin are definitely on shaky ground. 

It's enough to watch her angst over Robin, I cant watch her angst over a baby.  Just can't.

Also, the whole book deal, Robin does realize his son wouldn't exist, right?  Because priorities...who wants to have a kid with that?  I actually feel bad ragging on Robin because Sean Maguire seems like such a nice guy.  Robin is Belle (Emily seems like a really lovely girl too) dressed in green.

Edited by YaddaYadda

TV Line Blind Item. A main character pregnancy. The show is less than 6 years old and at least 2 years old. It comes at a time when the couple is on shaky ground.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/12/tvlines-pregnancy-blind-item.html?m=1

Please don't be Once. Please don't be Once. Please don't be Once.

Oh god, that description matches Regina and Robin too perfectly. Way too perfectly. I can't think of any other couple on broadcast that spoiler could be describing. Please, Adam & Eddy... one baby is already one too many!

Let me guess - Regina and Robin will name their baby daughter after his wife Marian because she conveniently passes away, and then the epilogue of this series will show Marian and Neal as the new rulers of the Enchanted Forest.

• Love 2
Let me guess - Regina and Robin will name their baby daughter after his wife Marian because she conveniently passes away, and then the epilogue of this series will show Marian and Neal as the new rulers of the Enchanted Forest.

Oh gag me!  I need to step away from this because, please no.  

• Love 2

The BI description doesn't really sound all that much like Once to me. I don't think Regina having a baby would "dramatically alter the DNA of the series" nor would "the timing of which defies almost every television convention". It would also be weird to write about Regina by saying "its leading lady". She is a leading lady but certainly not the only one. 

My guess is that the town border scene is right after the one with Hook and Rumple. So Hook will probably show up to the town line all nonchalantly and Emma will just be like, "Oh hey, there you are. Now Anna, what did you say about your kingdom being taken over?"

That's what I meant, that there's not really going to be any missing Hook angst if he's right there and seemingly okay. The way it played out in my head, Emma was enjoying the celebration, then realized Hook wasn't there, went for her phone to call him but couldn't find her phone, then borrowed Henry's phone to check her voice mail and heard the one he left, so she then set out on the mission to save Hook. But this makes it look like a case of "oh, there you are" with her still not knowing that something is horribly wrong and he has only hours to live.

Snow White photobombing the Queens of Darkness may possibly be the best thing on the Internet today.

timing of which defies almost every television convention

It kind of does. The convention being back to back "baby stories" aren't usually done. Unless you're a soap opera. Which Once is but it's on primetime so it is going against the grain a bit.

dramatically alter the DNA of the series

It sure would if the Woegina baby is named the new, and real "savior." Besides these things are usually written in hyperbole to some degree.

I guess we'll see next year. Just, working backwards, I can't imagine being the reporter getting that info about Once and my reaction being "wow, that will dramatically alter the DNA of the show." Even with some hyperbole, that just wouldn't be close to my take-away, anyway. Now if someone told me, say, Jess on New Girl is having a baby, that would be my reaction, because that show is about a bunch of youngish unmarried people and their crazy antics, and adding a baby to the mix and to that character's life really would fundamentally change things.

• Love 1

Okay, you guys are making me feel a whole lot better about that baby blind item. (I don't watch Scandal, but I'd totally forgotten about New Girl. If they make Nick and Jess have a baby together, I just might have to catch back up with that show.)

Sorry, Regina fans, but when they say "leading lady" I do NOT think of Regina. And I doubt so very much they'll spring a surprise pregnancy on Emma. At the rate she and Hook are going, it's going to be another two curses before they end up in bed together anyway. Also, one of the perks of living in the Land Without Magic has to be the invention of birth control. There are more than enough babies on the show already.

I don't really watch any of the other shows on the maybe list, so I dunno what would fit, though.

From Lana's new interview

Robin and Regina consummated their relationship but he's still married to Marian? is there truly any hope for this couple?

I think so. It's funny and some people have mentioned adultery and obviously I don't support adultery. I'm married. I'm an honorable woman and playing this part has kind of forced me to think about that. I don't think it necessarily applies in this relationship with Robin Hood and his marriage to Marian. Part of that is because it's been about 29 years since he was married. It's kind of like the Castaway movie where he's stranded on this island and comes back ten years later and his wife has been remarried and has a family. I think that's an important way to look at this relationship. Regina isn't being disrespectful.

Completely agree with her. Finally someone with a brain talks about their situacion!

I don't watch Scandal

Yeah, no offense to anyone who watched but it's terrible.  If you want em characters like all the time, that's the show for you.  I call Once contrived, but Scandal has it beat by miles.

And Marian buying a clue like right after being thawed.  Grab your kid and run!  If the kid asks about his father, just tell him he died.

Regina isn't being disrespectful.

Maybe not, but Robin is because he made a choice.  He could have made it easy for everyone and told Marian that he had moved on.  He didn't.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 2

It's kind of like the Castaway movie where he's stranded on this island and comes back ten years later and his wife has been remarried and has a family. I think that's an important way to look at this relationship. Regina isn't being disrespectful.

But, the wife from Castaway was married to the new guy. Regina had just started her relationship with Robin. It's not like Outlaw Queen was going strong in the Missing Year. If they had been, the whole deal wouldn't be grossing me out nearly as much. It seems more like they're in it more for the pleasurable activities than an actual relationship, and that's how it appears adulterous to me. It's one thing to move on, but it's another to flip flop between two women.

Maybe not, but Robin is because he made a choice.  He could have made it easy for everyone and told Marian that he had moved on.  He didn't.

Pretty much this. Regina has done okay considering, but it's Robin that really grinds on me.

Script tease from Adam.  Evidently, Marian is no dummy:  http://t.co/tRhMaCLHIT

This sounds eerily like Kathryn. She went to Regina with a picture of Snow and Charming, and said something extremely similar about how they look at each other. I'm sure Marian will give them her blessing... sigh.

Edited by KingOfHearts