Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

with the help of a locator spell, Emma and Elsa search desperately for Anna.

You mean to tell me all this time they could have used a freaking locator spell? Why didn't they go back to look for the necklace in the ice wall?!

That's because Tumblr is still convinced, against all odds, that Blackbeard will turn out to be Hook's secret daddy.

So Hook just casually killed his dad? That's just... Oh wait, I forgot what show this is.

And so is Hans.

Hans! You must come to Storybrooke and confess your secret love for Regina!

In Arendelle, Anna and Kristoff awaken to find that their kingdom is once again in danger,

I'm guessing Anna, Kristoff and Hans all melted at the same time (maybe because the Snow Queen left?), and then Hans proceeded to chest the other two and take over Arendelle. Then maybe he has Blackbeard take it, and somehow it falls into the water, and thats how its in Storybrooke?

Edited by KingOfHearts

I've wondered the same thing upthread.  You know, Arendelle doesn't seem like it was part of the first curse.  Blackbeard doesn't seem to have been in Storybrooke ever.  So if he went to Arendelle and took Anna and Kristoff, maybe he had them on the Jolly Roger stashed away after he took ownership of it and maybe they were freed after the new owner (whoever Hook sold his ship to) came into its possession.

I was thinking something similar. At first I thought the time line didn't match up, but I don't think we know how long Anna and Kristoff were frozen. They could have been frozen for 30 years, and only unfroze during the last year, which is when Blackbeard found the ship. I speculated before that I thought Arendelle experiences a flood due to the melting ice, and they hop in the trunk to use as a life boat. But maybe they hop onto the Jolly instead, and somehow end up in the trunk.

Edited by pezgirl7

Tyler Jacob Moore  made some wonderfully awful spoilery puns on Twitter:

Happy early Thanksgiving! You might be able to say you"s-thaw"me on @OnceABC if you tune in this Sunday 8/7C... I'm"ARRGH!-ready"excited! ;)

Seems like he may end up working/having a run-in with Blackbeard, I'd say.

A special sneak peek gift coming for all of the #OnceUponATime fans tomorrow morning. Plus scoop from the amazing @LanaParrilla!

Oh look, the very last person from OUAT that I would ever want a scoop from... No offense to Parrilla, but STFU, Regina. Unless this is about Regina crawling into a hole and dying, I have negative interest in what she has to say.

• Love 4

A Tumblr filming tidbit about Sunday's ep, dealing with Blackbeard I would imagine:

I was just texting with the Ann(e)’s and this was the episode they were also filming on the Jolly Roger. We physically saw them filming on it at the studio in Van while we were there. They were filming it against a green screen so I’m assuming they will CG the paint to make it look like a different ship. We don’t know who was filming on it, we just saw them doing it

I was just texting with the Ann(e)’s and this was the episode they were also filming on the Jolly Roger.

So I'm guessing Anna and Kristoff are with Blackbeard in the Missing Year. Maybe he periodically took them out of the chest and used them as ship slaves or something. Then whenever they would port, they'd trap them again. So in 3x17, they were in the chest. Maybe one of the crewmen tossed them overboard before the new management could find them? I kind of doubt Hook would just throw away Blackbeard's things without opening them to look for valuables. Pirates are pirates, after all.

A special sneak peek gift coming for all of the #OnceUponATime fans tomorrow morning. Plus scoop from the amazing @LanaParrilla!

She's probably just going to puff up Outlaw Queen more or discuss that Evil Queen dress spoiler.

And Hook was a depressed emo pirate during the missing year.  I like how Anna and Kristoff being thrown overboard brings them to Storybrooke via the current of the ocean.  Seriously, who needs magic beans to get back to the Enchanted Forest or get out of it.  If that's what happened obviously.

I'm guessing they were brought over with the curse. They've just been off the coast underwater this whole time.

Edited by KingOfHearts

Pirates are pirates, after all.

And Hook was a depressed emo pirate during the missing year.  I like how Anna and Kristoff being thrown overboard brings them to Storybrooke via the current of the ocean.  Seriously, who needs magic beans to get back to the Enchanted Forest or get out of it.  If that's what happened obviously.

• Love 1

My theory is the Blackbeard went to Davy Jones' locker and mentioned that he had been killed/ forced to walk the plank by one Killian Jones, which gets Davy's attention. Blackbeard makes a deal with Davy to bring back his son for Blackbeard living on the high seas.

I think that Anna and. Kristoff might also have been dumped at sea by Ingrid and found by Davy Jones. I am not sure how they fit into this.

while Belle and the fairies work together on an antidote. Gold, with Hook as his reluctant servant, sets about an exit strategy of his own.

Why do I think this means that Gold's exit strategy is to escape using the hat? The Snow Queen stated that he could live outside of Storybrooke if he finished the spell with the hat. So, have Hook top up the hat with magic and then use his heart to finish the spell.

Taken with the first sentence, the obvious thing is to have Hook fill the hat with fairies because why would Belle suddenly be hanging with the fairies? She could be working quietly on her own in the library as usual (if those two noisy boys have left and Robin/Regina aren't trading in the crypt-capades for library-capades) and the fairies could be absent/uselesst as usual. The fairies must be there to be hatted and of course Belle is there so that she can once again see how rotten to the core Hook his with his black-black heart.

Now, I will laugh like a loon if Hook comes to hat the fairies and Belle whips out her dagger to call Rumple and nothing happens. How funny would it be if Hook's threat to convince Belle that the dagger is fake comes true because Rumple took his heart and forced him to do his dirty work? Hoisted on his petard.

Edited by kili
  • Love 4

Why do I think this means that Gold's exit strategy is to escape using the hat? The Snow Queen stated that he could live outside of Storybrooke if he finished the spell with the hat. So, have Hook top up the hat with magic and then use his heart to finish the spell.

He can't complete the spell because he also needs Emma. And since the Snow Queen has all her "sisters" ribboned, Rumple can't do much about it.

Why do I think this means that Gold's exit strategy is to escape using the hat?

Agree with everything you posted.  And this means that Gold is on borrowed time because he thinks DQ is about to get everything she wanted and it probably means he would be affected by the curse.  The fairies are his next best bet.

He can't complete the spell because he also needs Emma. And since the Snow Queen has all her "sisters" ribboned, Rumple can't do much about it.

I don't think he needs Emma per se.  I think the opportunity presented itself and he decided to take it.  Plus I'm guessing Emma's powers would be enough to power the hat whereas he needs a whole bunch of magical people to get to the level of Emma's powers.  Born out of true love, Savior magic, Light magic and so on and so forth.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 2

I don't think he needs Emma per se.  I think the opportunity presented itself and he decided to take it.  Plus I'm guessing Emma's powers would be enough to power the hat whereas he needs a whole bunch of magical people to get to the level of Emma's powers.  Born out of true love, Savior magic, Light magic and so on and so forth.

Yeah, that could be so. The mechanics of the hat are still very foggy.

Why do I think this means that Gold's exit strategy is to escape using the hat? The Snow Queen stated that he could live outside of Storybrooke if he finished the spell with the hat

Could you elaborate on that please? I thought the Snow Queen was either bluffing or didn't realize Rumple wanted Emma. She knew about the ribbons, and that she could defeat Rumple with them, so her whole "you can have the world" seemed like a scam.

Edited by KingOfHearts
I don't think he needs Emma per se.

Yeah, I got the impression from the way Ingrid talked that she thought he could do the spell with the hat as it is and Hook's heart. It's just that Rumple wants all the power and is going to try to use Hook to get every magical person in Storybrooke before he does the spell, which is what's most likely to lead to his downfall, since he'll be caught before he gets around to doing the actual spell. He could have been free from the dagger and maybe had some power if he'd just grabbed Hook. It's trying to get more power that's going to trip him up.

• Love 2

I think that Anna and. Kristoff might also have been dumped at sea by Ingrid and found by Davy Jones. I am not sure how they fit into this.

Perhaps the 'Arendelle is once again in danger' bit from the press release means that Blackbeard will show up in Arendelle? If he does end up in possession of Anna and Kristoff that could be how, perhaps working with Hans. If Davy Jones were to show up this episode he probably would have been listed among the guest stars.

Rumple needs enough magic to power-up the Hat (not Emma's magic specifically), but that still won't free him from the control of the Dagger--he will need to crush the heart of someone who knew him before he became the Dark One. Who knows if Ingrid was telling the truth about the last part, but Rumple seems convinced. 

The Blackbeard spoiler is interesting. I think Anna and Kristoff were two of the many people he had kidnapped and secreted away (like Prince Eric) during the missing year. I wonder how they all get thawed back in Arendelle without an act of True Love..

Edited by Rumsy4

Rumple needs enough magic to power-up the Hat (not Emma's magic specifically), but that still won't free him from the control of the Dagger--he will need to crush the heart of someone who knew him before he became the Dark One. Who knows if Ingrid was telling the truth about the last part, but Rumple seems convinced.

So, he'll probably have to hat Regina, Elsa, Ingrid, Blue and the rest of the fairies. Not sure how that would play out.

I noticed Roland is on the Press Release but Marian is not. Things are about to get intensively awkward.

Edited by KingOfHearts
I wonder how they all get thawed back in Arendelle without an act of True Love..

Maybe the Apprentice thawed them out before winking back to the Sorcerer? If he's supposed to be such a nice guy (sorcerer doesn't make deals with bad people like Ingrid who wasn't all that bad at that point - she'd accidently killed her sister, Hans deserved to be iced, told a few lies and locked up Anna who was thinking about using the hat on her), he shouldn't leave them all frozen there like that.

Or maybe Franz really loves his brother and saves his ice statue from Blackbeard (who just goes around being evil - Blackbeard was probably going to use Hans to make frozen daquaris for this crew. Franz throws himself in front of the blender). Who am I kidding?  Franz is probably working with Blackbeard. Anybody who makes Hans look like the nice brother has to be a piece of work.

Whatever happens, Blackbeard stuffs Anna and Kristoff in his magic trunk. I wonder if that's Blackbeard's hostage trick. He says that he left Eric on some island which sounds like something that even mere mortals could get around. What if he dumps them in trunks in the ocean and only he knows about it (his men thinks he just likes tossing trunks overboard). The trunks keep the victims in stasis. Ariel is able to find Eric because she is a mermaid who finds the trunk (somehow) and rescues him. The Anna/Kristoff trunk got sucked up with the last curse and Elsa/Emma use their magic to draw it to the surface.

Rumple probably sold Blackbeard the trunks. He's like that.

Edited by kili

I wonder how they all get thawed back in Arendelle without an act of True Love..

I don't think they're under the same Freezing Curse as Marian. Otherwise, they'd probably be dead by now. There also seems to be a difference from what froze Helga because she dissolved into crushed ice.

Of course, knowing Once's habitual inconsistency, it's probably all the same curse. It just changes depending on what the writers want that day. When it comes to killing Marian for Regina's happy ending, they went with the lethal flavor.

Edited by KingOfHearts

Welp, looks like the Blackbeard/Hans/Kristoff/Anna spoilers panned out. I'm LMAO at Mario Van Peebles (the director) wearing a pirate hat.

Sniffle at Emma crying. I wonder if they'll lock Snow & Snowflake in the jail cell to protect the baby? Though clearly they get out at some point before the reunion.

• Love 2
Looks like people are saying their goodbyes just in case.

Lots of kissing going on.

What is Robin doing with the arrow and Roland? Probably telling Roland about the birds and the bees and how Regina is his new Mommy because Robin can't keep his arrow in its quiver.

Hans and bros are defnitely aligned with Blackbeard. Hans looks a little bad for a millisecond about putting Anna in the trunk. How does Blackbeard have the Jolly at that point? It should be in Neverland. Possibly they didn't get defrosted until the missing year? But Hans's brothers should look older. A ship that just looks like the Jolly? Nobody seems to have noticed that the Aoprentice just gave Glinda's door a new paint job and a bit of gingerbread.

I'm hoping Kristoff at least getst to headbutt Hans. Anna has gotten to punch Hans already, so it's Kristoff's turn. It looks like Hans is taunting Kristoff again (or the actors are just having fun).

LOL at Elsa and Emma chilling on the beach. Speaking of chilling, I notice the rescue diver is in a dry suit but the rest of the guys are in regular clothes. It doesn't matter what time of the year that was filmed, that water is going to be COLD. Really cold.

Is anybody else tired of these so-called sappy goodbyes? They have one every time "the biggest disaster ever" hits which is every other episode. And everyone knows everything will be solved by the next episode with zero change and on to the next disaster. It seriously cheapens the entire thing. Are they just lazy? Their copy and paste buttons must be broken by now.

Way more interested in what happens to Anna/Kristoff in the past and the scenes on the beach. Hopefully those 2 stories get the bulk of the airtime and not the goodbyes. Why are they wasting the Frozen crew when they're almost gone. They should be milking that baby for all its worth. They can have their usual goodbye scenes on any random regular episode.

• Love 5

Hans and bros are defnitely aligned with Blackbeard. Hans looks a little bad for a millisecond about putting Anna in the trunk. How does Blackbeard have the Jolly at that point? It should be in Neverland.

I thought that maybe Blackbeard moved his possessions to the Jolly Roger after the second curse brought it back to the Enchanted Forest.  We actually see part of the chest in one of the stills.  For one thing, I don't know how Anna and Kristoff didn't age a day in more than 28 years.  For another, if they were locked away in the chest this whole time...

Looks like people are saying their goodbyes just in case.

So, what exactly are they doing to protect Roland? I find it odd that Henry is there for some reason.

Those pics don't clear up how the chest gets into the water at all.

Is anybody else tired of these so-called sappy goodbyes? They have one every time "the biggest disaster ever" hits which is every other episode. And everyone knows everything will be solved by the next episode with zero change and on to the next disaster. It seriously cheapens the entire thing. Are they just lazy? Their copy and paste buttons must be broken by now.

Amen. I'm still scarred from Going Home... best ending ever, and they undid it in the next episode. If someone was actually in danger of dying, I could understand the goodbyes. But let's be real - all the main cast is safe.

Edited by KingOfHearts

Got a chuckle out of the director wearing a pirate hat!

**throws confetti** Blackbeard! Huzzah!

Emma's definitely teary-eyed/ crying in those last few pics. Can't tell about Killy though, he looks fine. Maybe this will be what tips Emma off about his heart being missing? If she was using any common sense, she would know that Killy would be curled up in a ball on the floor sobbing instead of being somewhat emotionally detached (? Hard to tell from the pics).

Those pics don't clear up how the chest gets into the water at all.

THIS! IS! ARENDELLE! - boot to the chest.

I see Emma has Snowflake. I hope he turns into Baby Stewie when he gets hit by the "Curse'O Truths That Need to be Heard".

• Love 3

Well, I'm going to be contrary and guess that the inclusion of Blackbeard is just a fun cameo for the episode and it doesn't necessarily connect to some larger story or Hook's backstory. 

But I'm still happy to see Blackbeard back. And Hans. And his hot brothers.

Also, I hope they Storybrookites don't prepare too well for the spell, because it'd be a let down if we don't see them turn on each other a little. I mean, I know we see the dwarves and Granny fighting, but eh. I wanna see Regina and Robin turn on each other.

But I'm still happy to see Blackbeard back. And Hans. And his hot brothers.

Seconded on Hans, although I hope we see him get his comeuppance. Again.

Also, I hope they Storybrookites don't prepare too well for the spell, because it'd be a let down if we don't see them turn on each other a little. I mean, I know we see the dwarves and Granny fighting, but eh. I wanna see Regina and Robin turn on each other.

We'd probably end up liking them better that way.

"You murdered hundreds!"

"You were dumb enough to think it was 'bold' and 'audacious'!"

• Love 1

I wanna see Regina and Robin turn on each other.

Or Robin joins her and they decide to rid the town of anyway who could possibly be in the way of their happiness. Evil killer duo. Now if he weren't Robin Hood, that might have been fun to see.

I fear we're not even going to see the Shattered Sight spell this week. :(

Edited by KingOfHearts
I wanna see Regina and Robin turn on each other.

Didn't we kind of see that from Regina in the missing year. All the comments about smelling like forest, bathing in rivers and using pine cones for money?

Marian also tends to throw truth bombs without needing a curse, so I guess she can skip this one. Grannie and Grumpy are always pretty blunt, so I'm not sure what new we are going to get from them. Charming should be fun.

The Evil Queen with her equally evil lover? I'd be down for that. Sadly, Regina is being redeemed or something so that won't happen.

I am disappointed that the shattered sight spell is going to be the slowest moving spell ever.  We'll get at most 15 minutes of the dark truths spell. What a let down.

• Love 1

The Evil Queen with her equally evil lover? I'd be down for that. Sadly, Regina is being redeemed or something so that won't happen.

But if she's cursed with the Shattered Sight spell, it doesn't matter if she's redeemed. ;)

Grannie and Grumpy are always pretty blunt, so I'm not sure what new we are going to get from them. Charming should be fun.

I actually have no idea what some of them are going to say. I hope the writers use it for character development and not just comic relief.

Edited by KingOfHearts

Hans and bros are defnitely aligned with Blackbeard. Hans looks a little bad for a millisecond about putting Anna in the trunk. How does Blackbeard have the Jolly at that point? It should be in Neverland. Possibly they didn't get defrosted until the missing year? But Hans's brothers should look older. A ship that just looks like the Jolly? 

I'm guessing that the Elsa/Anna portions of the Frozenbacks (the day before Anna/Kristoff's) wedding took place shortly before George came to get David to impersonate James. Then Elsa ended up urned and Arendelle frozen right before "Snow Falls," for the urn to be in Rumple's dungeon at the time of Captain Swan's time-traveling jaunt.

Unless they're saying that Arendelle was affected by the first curse, then they had to stay frozen throughout the curse. Which doesn't explain why Hans' brothers don't look 30 years older, unless they were in Arendelle and frozen, too. Or, possibly and sadly more likely, the show just doesn't care about that problem.

Edited by Souris

Didn't we kind of see that from Regina in the missing year. All the comments about smelling like forest, bathing in rivers and using pine cones for money?

True, but that was all fairly harmless. I guess I just want to see Regina call him out for choosing his wife then still showing up at her place for booty calls, and him call her out for killing his wife.

• Love 4

I thought Ingrid froze all of Arendelle after she froze Anna & Kristoff. That seemed like that was the show's way of preserving the entire kingdom while Elsa was in the urn. Whatever unfroze them all was probably fairly recent given Blackbeard's appearance especially if that is the Jolly Roger he's on. That would make it happen early in the Missing Year, right?

• Love 1

I thought Ingrid froze all of Arendelle after she froze Anna & Kristoff. That seemed like that was the show's way of preserving the entire kingdom while Elsa was in the urn. Whatever unfroze them all was probably fairly recent given Blackbeard's appearance especially if that is the Jolly Roger he's on. That would make it happen early in the Missing Year, right?

That's a good theory, but I'm not sure how Anna and Kristoff have been able to live in a sunken chest in Storybrooke all this time. The chest must have some sort of preservation magic like the urn.

Edited by KingOfHearts

Maybe the Arendelle stuff isn't in the past? It could be concurrent. The only thing that makes sense to me as to why Arendelle would all of a sudden thaw out is that Ingrid finally got her wish when she stuck those ribbons on E&E's wrists. That's why BoPeeps' staff can't locate Anna in another realm. Or maybe it thawed when Elsa was de-urned.

And yes that chest is totally another way to jump realms to Storybrooke.

That's a good theory, but I'm not sure how Anna and Kristoff have been able to live in a sunken chest in Storybrooke all this time. The chest must have some sort of preservation magic like the urn.

Looking at the photos of Emma and Elsa on the beach, it almost looks like they are looking up into the sky and then get blown back and land on their bums. Maybe they use Anna's necklace to do some magic, and the chest pops up on the beach.

Maybe the Arendelle stuff isn't in the past? It could be concurrent. The only thing that makes sense to me as to why Arendelle would all of a sudden thaw out is that Ingrid finally got her wish when she stuck those ribbons on E&E's wrists. That's why BoPeeps' staff can't locate Anna in another realm. Or maybe it thawed when Elsa was de-urned.

And yes that chest is totally another way to jump realms to Storybrooke.

The Arendelle fairybacks have to be in the past because they occur before Belle went to live in Rumple's castle and thus before the casting of the original Dark Curse. Once the curse was cast, though, even if the citizens of Arendelle weren't transported to Storybrooke they still could have been frozen in time, like the people in the Coradome were.

If that were true, Franz and co would look 30 years older. They fled the kingdom when Ingrid told them to go so they would not have been frozen. They should have aged. Unless they were in Storybrooke for the first curse and then hoofed it back to Arendelle in the missing year.

I think that the curse doesn't reach Arendelle (Hook had to have somewhere to go to outrun the curse and the curse didn't effect Eric/Ariel on Hangman's Island). Anna, Kristoff and Hans get unfrozen shortly after Ingrid leaves (her leaving, the work of the Apprentice or some deal Franz makes with Rumple) and Anna/Kristoff end up in stasis in the trunk (like Elsa in the urn).

I demand to know where Sven is. Something better have happened so that he is around to attend Anna/Kristoff's wedding after all he's been through.

I was thinking about the snow falling in the street that seems to be what breaks people out of the Shattered Sight spell. I wonder if that is a result of DQ dying? Her death could also unfreeze Marian. So that would happen in ep 10. Maybe she's so upset that Elsa and Emma bring Anna back that she poofs into snow, LOL.

And yes, Sven must be OK!

• Love 1

I'm not talking about all of Arendelle flashbacks already shown, I'm saying the one for Ep.9 specifically could be in present time, the "awakening" part. The press release didn't indicate Arendelle past like they usually do.

It's possible that Arendelle was frozen for 30 odd years and just got thawed. That seems to be the easiest way to keep the world separate from the curse and still have the kingdom be in stasis. That way Elsa/Anna being gone for 30 years would just be a footnote and they can go back to their own lives and not deal with the 30 years later stuff with the kingdom.

I'm seeing a picture on Twitter Emma/Hook where Emma is wearing a gold ring on her left ring finger. I don't see it in the official pics. Is that a manip, 'cause it looks pretty authentic to my eyes. I'm not sure where that came from.

Photo or it didn't happen! Can you post the link? I haven't seen it, and I'm always on tumblr!