Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

I so don't care about the return of Robin, or Zelena.  And now I'm left wondering why Robin was so useless in 3B with fighting her.  Uh, I'm sure the Nevengers could have used any and all potential background you had on her, Locksley.  Since, ya know, we now have a whole episode to delve into how you knew her (gaudy green uniform complete w/epaulets included!).  

I'm dreading this next episode since it looks overwhelmingly Outlaw Queen centric, but part of me already knows I'll be craving almost anything after this mini hiatus coming up.  Addiction is a terrible, terrible thing kids - ha.

• Love 1

In the promo Regina is talking to someone on the phone, not believing who it is. With that Rumple/Robin spoiler in the city, he probably has him under his thumb somehow.

I'm pretty sure it's Zelena on the phone revealing to Regina that she's in Marian's body and will endanger Robin if she doesn't comply with Rumple's demands. We seem Zelena-as-Marian in front of Rumple in a hospital bed, so we know the Robin NYC story is also a flashback taking place when Gold was there. He and Zelena must have forged an alliance.

• Love 1
I'm dreading this next episode since it looks overwhelmingly Outlaw Queen centric, but part of me already knows I'll be craving almost anything after this mini hiatus coming up.  Addiction is a terrible, terrible thing kids - ha.

Ditto.  Believe it or not, i'm actually grateful for the break next week because tonight's show was sort of meh.  Gives me time to sort out through the mess that 4B has been so far.  Hey and I'll be able to focus on work two Mondays in a row!

417 had some BTS of Emma, Hook, Henry and her parents trekking the woods, probably looking for that nutjob author.  So there's always that.

I'm pretty sure it's Zelena on the phone revealing to Regina that she's in Marian's body and will endanger Robin if she doesn't comply with Rumple's demands

Very good point.  Got to love Rumple though.  Forms an alliance with the person he tried to kill because he blames her for his son's death.  I mean I know that Rumple has no morals, but still...Neal deserves a bit better than that, no matter how douchy he might have been.

• Love 3

It's occurred to me that since they've revealed that Regina was apparently actually wrong about the "villains can't have happy endings" rule and there really was free will all along, and it was just this one rogue author manipulating the story, whatever might happen to create the bizarro world we've guessed at based on spoilers may not end up having any kind of internal consistency along the lines of "villains get happy endings" or "heroes become villains" or even that it's going to be what happened if this one other thing did or didn't happen. If the rogue Author gets his quill back, he can write whatever the hell he wants, so all kinds of wacky can ensue.

• Love 2

I'm guessing that fake script was actually indeed right about at least one detail, and that the all kinds of wacky that will ensue in the last two eps will be broken by an OQ TLK. I think that was said upthread, and I concur that will happen.

• Love 1

Since, ya know, we now have a whole episode to delve into how you knew her (gaudy green uniform complete w/epaulets included!).  

Yeah, speaking of that uniform, it's looking like Robin may have been working for Zelena (or the Wizard before her). And so somehow it'll be Zelena's doing that Robin met Marion instead of Regina. The Peddler probably told Zelena to do this, too, to make the story more interesting, and she did it so Regina wouldn't get her happy ending.

I realize, looking back at my last post, that "no internal consistency" is pretty standard for this show, but what I meant was that this time it might be on purpose. We could have Lt. Jones back and him, Snow and Emma close to the same age, in spite of the fact that it took a curse and a lot of time in Neverland for them to sync up like that.

Ooh, what if the Author is taking requests? If villains/former villains are looking to undo past mistakes, we know Regina wishes she could go back and enter the tavern to meet Robin. Would Lt. Jones have stayed in Neverland with his brother so his brother could stay alive and never have turned pirate?

And how long does an Author's duty last? Are they ordinary mortals, or could Peddler Author have been around for centuries? Was the earnest young naval officer turning pirate in a fit of rage after his brother's death his idea of the story getting more interesting, or was that a free will thing?

Very good point.  Got to love Rumple though.  Forms an alliance with the person he tried to kill because he blames her for his son's death.  I mean I know that Rumple has no morals, but still...Neal deserves a bit better than that, no matter how douchy he might have been.

Also, it's hilarious that Zelena would easily let bygones with bygones since hey, it's Rumple, she's still in mad love with him.

I doubt a TLK will be involved.  I think they'll have to trap the Peddler again or plain kill him.  The Apprentice is out of the hat and there's a reason for that.  He's the one who trapped him in the first place.  

So is Lily going to be the evilest evil that ever evilled?  I mean she will be back in the EF where everyone will be with a double down on the whole darkness thing.  i'm guessing Emma will be un-Saviored by the end of the season because she'll be not all light and whatever else bullshit we heart tonight.

Also, it's hilarious that Zelena would easily let bygones with bygones since hey, it's Rumple, she's still in mad love with him.

Nothing screams love like an abusive relationship.

• Love 1

Was the earnest young naval officer turning pirate in a fit of rage after his brother's death his idea of the story getting more interesting, or was that a free will thing?

^sorry, on a tablet, so I can't quote that. This is what has my brain crying in pain over this free will vs. author cluster of a plot. Literally everything we've known to be true and canon from a certain point back is now subject to "what if." Uuuuuuugh.

Edited by Lieutenant
  • Love 2

I'm going to go with fingers crossed that Hook's story has been free will. Him turning pirate on a whim in a fit of rage and then sticking with it is consistent with his character, where Snow giving up all hope that her child would turn out okay without magical intervention and then stealing another woman's baby -- even if it is a dragon egg -- to do so is entirely out of left field.

But I could see that if someone somehow gets to take over the books and go nuts with it, people might start getting their deeply felt, innermost desires that they may or may not even consciously wish for. Regina might sigh over the picture of her meeting Robin in the tavern, but given the choice, would she actually wish for that? Would she be okay with it if she did get it, regardless? And for Hook, we know he hates the person he became and is pretty distressed about all the bad choices he's made. He traces that back to the way he reacted to his brother's death (per his conversation with Emma when she thought Snow had been killed). Even if he wouldn't really want to go back (because he seems like a move forward kind of guy), I could imagine him replaying the different choices he might have made and considered that it would all have been different if he and Liam hadn't been so quick to leave Neverland, if they'd found Pan first and found out what the cost was. Then Liam could have set up a home there, and they had the Pegasus sail, so Killian could have commuted if he needed to be back in the "real" world. And if Killian never turned pirate, there's a good chance Milah wouldn't have been murdered. He might never have met her, but he wouldn't have contributed to her death or to Bae losing his mother, and in Hook's current state of mind, I could imagine him being willing to give up knowing Milah if it meant she got to live.

And of course, all this speculation may come to nothing. Maybe we guessed wrong about the navy uniform being the outfit we haven't seen in a while. He did also have that "blacksmith" disguise from when he and Emma first met, that more fairy tale looking doublet kind of get-up that he wore when they were climbing the beanstalk.

I'm too scared to try and figure out the whole "Robin knew/worked for Zelena and apparently Rumple knew about it, yet there was no indication that Zelena or Robin knew each other in 3b" thing. I mean what the heck? Unless they both got their memories wiped?

actually, how much did robin really interact with Zelena in 3b? Why didn't he tell Regina and everyone that he knew her? Unless he had no info that would help, but still? It makes no sense. Ugh, I might have to look up his scenes in 3b, to see if there is anything at all.

So, Rumple's keeping Robin hostage? When did he start working with zelena? Why would he do that? Did he know he didn't kill her? Did he know she was Marian in disguise?

SO many questions!!!!Raaaaahhhhh!!!

It probably will be the lieutenant uniform in the finale though, judging by Colin's apparent lack of scruff in recent photos.

He does have a scruff, it's the lighting that's off, but it's there.  Even then, with his naval uniform, he had his scruff (please don't ever shave it, guys with scruffs are just yummy, that's pretty much why hubby has one).

The whole "Author role being passed down through the generations" thing seriously seems to be foreshadowing Henry becoming the next Author...

I wonder if August won't become the new Author.  I wonder if the stories are still being recorded and I'm sure August went to the Apprentice and learned the story of the Peddler from him.

I just realized that no one really cares that the Apprentice is still in the hat until they actually need him.  And I think they need him to re-trap our good buddy the Peddler back in the book.  Then they go and release the Apprentice from the hat.  Nice going, heroes, but it's too late because Peddler and magic quill = mayhem.

The Authors must have something special to be chosen.  I wonder if August won't become the next Author.  I think he makes the most sense at this point.

• Love 1

August becoming the Author would be head-desk worthy. If they have a friendly author, the next time a Big Bad is trying to destroy Storybrooke, there is no reason why they couldn't go "hey, August, could you write 'and then evil big bad decided to give up evildoing and go open a B&B in Hawaii?". Yeah, I know, free will, but are you honestly telling me if Emma&co. were in danger August would refuse to help?

The only way this storyline can end is that they definitely take away whatever powers give the author the means to alter people's behavior. Only then, *whoever* (even August) can start recording stuff without it being stupid. It's insane that someone would have that much power and people would be okay with it.

• Love 2

I'm guessing that fake script was actually indeed right about at least one detail, and that the all kinds of wacky that will ensue in the last two eps will be broken by an OQ TLK. I think that was said upthread, and I concur that will happen.

It's disgusting but it's a very real possibility. It's sad but I'm pretty sure those two are having one before Emma and Hook (I'm not even sure they would ever have one, unless it's to break the dark one curse in one of them).

It's sad but I'm pretty sure those two are having one before Emma and Hook

I don't wanna be rude, but yeah, and?  The way OQ has been built, Robin does not matter, period.  He is there to push some plot points, like the one coming up with Zelena and Rumple.  I would not trade anything Captain Swan for what OQ have.  I don't care that they had sex because having sex in a crypt is creepy as fuck.  There is nothing romantic about OQ (no offense to anyone who ships them).  Married man fucks around with girlfriend and I don't care that it's not really his wife, he doesn't know that, no one knew that when they were macking on each other.

And Robin gets called the honorable one?  Right!

Comparing OQ and CS is like comparing apples and oranges and I personally don't care for OQ's instant gratification.  

I hope OQ TLK each other to death.  That's the way the season should end.  I'll be happy, I'll throw a party, everyone is invited.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 6

August becoming the Author would be head-desk worthy. If they have a friendly author, the next time a Big Bad is trying to destroy Storybrooke, there is no reason why they couldn't go "hey, August, could you write 'and then evil big bad decided to give up evildoing and go open a B&B in Hawaii?". Yeah, I know, free will, but are you honestly telling me if Emma&co. were in danger August would refuse to help?

The only way this storyline can end is that they definitely take away whatever powers give the author the means to alter people's behavior. Only then, *whoever* (even August) can start recording stuff without it being stupid. It's insane that someone would have that much power and people would be okay with it.

I'm calling it: 4b will end (or maybe this will be the plot for 5a?) with Mission: #DestroyMagicQuill. Cause I think the quill has magic powers (like Rita Skeeter's). Thus closing the chapter on this whole author nonsense. they'll still have the book, but no one is allowed to continue writing the stories down.

I'd rather sell my soul to Rumple than have Henry be an author. Can you imagine him writing? He'd be having everyone fork over their hearts to the first person who says they'll be a true hero if they do.

Edited by HoodlumSheep
  • Love 1
Why didn't [Robin] tell Regina and everyone that he knew her? Unless he had no info that would help, but still?

He could have at least told everybody what Zelena looked like when everybody was looking for her. Then Neal wouldn't have had to sacrifice himself. Then we wouldn't have had Snowflake named Neal. Thanks a lot Robin!

He might also have spared his good friend Little John being turned into a monkey or at least been able to fill in more details when he did turn into one.

When did Rumple send Robin to Oz? Before or after he flailed him for trying to steal something to save Marian?

Is Rumple in the hospital in New York or SB? If it is SB, why aren't Team Hero locking him up. If it is New York, how did Mr. Ramen Noodle Thief afford that? I wonder if his heart is having issues because he returned to New York where Hook stabbed him the heart. Although, I do like the idea that he has turned his heart so dark that it no longer functions.

Edited by kili

It looks like Rumple sends Robin to kill Zelena or is it just me?  I'm assuming he doesn't want her to interfere with his plans of having Regina cast the Dark Curse.  

So we screamed and yelled about Hook keeping important stuff, like having his lips cursed by Zelena (still not over that silliness), everyone turned on him in that moment.  So does everyone just pat Robin on the shoulder and is like, you knew Zelena and what she was capable of and didn't tell us?  It's okay, you're honorable, we forgive you.  I might throw a tv at my chair if that happens.

• Love 1

Although, I do like the idea that he has turned his heart so dark that it no longer functions.

I like that idea too actually, his evilness seems to be reaching the point where it's starting to kill him.

Thinking it about that makes me now wonder if the same thing happened to Zoso. We know he was looking to free himself from the dagger at one point when he was trying to get the sorceror's hat (right? Have I remembered that correctly?) And he clearly wanted Rumple to put him out of his misery when Rumple became the dark one. Maybe the darkness was starting to eat him alive, and he decided to end things on his own terms?

Would the Dark one cease to be if the darkness killed him rather than someone else? Or would it latch itself onto the next person who comes by??

Also, maybe Ursula and Cruella and baby Lily got seperated when they got through the portal? Cruella and Ursula disn't seem like they had been hanging out in NY when they met back up.

i'm actually excited to see Zelena next week. I enjoyed watching RM enjoy playing her character, despite the many many flaws of 3b.

And I do appreciate that the writers seem to finally be tackling the mythos of this whole show (although opinions may vary on how well they're doing).

Gold Heart is the best promo they've had in 4B, Zelena's tripple apeparance gives me chills <3

So if Regina knows that she's alive (ie the phone call) why do they let her into Storybrooke? And how can Zelana shape -shift in "the Land without Magic". Wait then again wasn't The WIzard monkey-fied in NYC? Also the writers failed to think of poor Roland, thinking if mummy came back but nope, it's the Wicked WItch of the West.

I wonder if Lily is the next Big Bad for 5A, dark heart and what-not, and who she is in Fairy Tales.

Gold Heart is the best promo they've had in 4B, Zelena's tripple apeparance gives me chills <3

So if Regina knows that she's alive (ie the phone call) why do they let her into Storybrooke? And how can Zelana shape -shift in "the Land without Magic". Wait then again wasn't The WIzard monkey-fied in NYC?

Maybe she brought a magic shapeshifting item with her? Didn't the writers say something like magic items still work or somethin' somethin'?

Still trying to figure out walsh. I can't remember if they made an excuse for him or not. Maybe he had a magic collar on somewhere?

I'm glad we're going to Oz again. I thought they seriously under-utilized that world. Too bad it's Robin Hood going after Zelena as part of a deal with Rumple. According to the promo, it reminded me a little too much of The Apprentice with Anna trying to kill Rumple, or in Queen of Hearts when Regina sent Hook to kill Cora. I have a small hope that this episode will help redeem Robin's character a little and finally give him something to do that's not Regina-related.

It's odd they're coming off of an episode with big reveals and plot movement after a two week break to focus on characters that are totally irrelevant to what just happened. Lost did this sort of thing a few times.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

Robin looks like he got turned into a stiff wooden robot. Er... more than usual, I mean. 

Looks like Rumple is threatening the Peddler. Will is in the episode. That might make this Robin-centric slightly more palatable.

Please let Emma be angry for more than 5 minutes, TV Gods.

She seems still pissed when she leaves to go fetch Lily, and she hugs Hook and Henry but not them when she returns, so I'd say so.

Stills before press release?

She seems still pissed when she leaves to go fetch Lily, and she hugs Hook and Henry but not them when she returns, so I'd say so.

Stills before press release?

Maybe she's ignoring them entirely (fingers crossed), just having conversations with Henry and Hook.  Henry, tell your grandparents we need to stop here.

I think the press release is happening next week since there's no show in Sunday?

Am I the only one who thinks he looks kinda adorable in that outfit?

Anyways with Will in this episode...It's still so weird to see him hanging out with robin hood, mainly because we watched him meet and leave the Merry men all in the span of less than 40 minutes during Wonderland. So I'm still not used to the fact that Will was part of Robin's gang for a decent amount of time. Also, where would stealing the magic mirror be placed in the timeline concerning Mal? Before/after she befriends Regina? Before/after Snowing screws her kid over?

BTS for 417 and here

The Peddler has the magic pen, it appears. Maybe Rumple "confiscated" it from the Apprentice.

Costuming did a really good job with the Winkie suit, I might add.

Edited by KingOfHearts

Was anyone really crying out for Zelena to come back?  I feel like we've already seen this story.  Won't she just want to control Rumple and get revenge on Regina?

I'm guessing that Zelena has Gold's heart, hence "Heart of Gold."  I suppose this will help explain away why Rumple is actually redeemable--he hasn't had his heart so it was easy to choose power over Belle.  Perhaps Zelena keeps squeezing it and that's why he's grabbing his chest.  My guess is that she can't actually control him with it because there's a loop hole with being the dark one and only the dagger can control him.  Looks like Robin gets roped into getting Rumple's heart back? Who cares.

Does Henry not look out of place with the Charmings' and the Jones' on their little night time outing to the forest?

As for the Author-Peddler.  Obviously, someone else is the real author at this point because this guy was banished before Emma was born, yet Emma is in the book.  Heck, Prince Charles and Princess Leia are in the book and that just happened a couple of weeks ago.

I'm guessing the finale is re-writing history ala Regina and Robin instead of Hook and Emma like last year.  We'll find that Regina was manipulated by the author every time it wasn't Rumple manipulating her and she'll finally be the misunderstood hero she's always been.  How this effects Emma or how she forgives her parents is beyond me.

From EW

“When we met Lily, she didn’t seem like a bad person, but she was lying to Emma,” Kitsis points out. “Lying came second nature to her. What we’re going to see is: We’re all faced with choices and it’s the choices you make. What happened to Lily and how she grew up is something we’re going to really explore.”

As Emma faces the truth about what her parents did, she’ll be determined to right their wrongs. But don’t expect her to necessarily look to the Author to rewrite the past. “Sometimes you can change the past by changing the present,” Kitsis says. “They thought they killed the baby and now we realize Lily is out there, so the next step is someone has to reunite that child with Maleficent. Does that erase what they did in the past? No.” Adds Horowitz: “We’re talking about redemption, not time travel.”

“When we met Lily, she didn’t seem like a bad person, but she was lying to Emma,” Kitsis points out. “Lying came second nature to her.

Interesting.  So is this how they will be explaining Emma's inner lie detector?  

• Love 1

As Emma faces the truth about what her parents did, she’ll be determined to right their wrongs.  . . ..  Does that erase what they did in the past? No.” Adds Horowitz: “We’re talking about redemption, not time travel.”

So, it's super important that amends are made to the Maleficent and Lily for what David and Snow did to them. 

But . .  didn't Maleficent raze a village to lay claim to the perfect spot to lay her eggbaby?  Any amends going to be made there? 

If not, shut up, A&E.

• Love 4
"Does that erase what they did in the past? No.”

Of course not. Remind Regina that she murdered and raped her way through the EF, and you are the bad guy. Get tricked into sending an egg into oblivion and you are Evil for ever.

What happened to "Whatever happened in the Enchanted Forrest stays in the Enchanted Forrest" rule? Or does that only apply to one character?

ETA: Quote: But . .  didn't Maleficent raze a village to lay claim to the perfect spot to lay her eggbaby?  Any amends going to be made there?

Yes, that too. Ugh. Snowing had to step over the sheilds of some of the soldiers Mal toasted in order to get to the egg.

Edited by kili
  • Love 4
When we met Lily, she didn’t seem like a bad person, but she was lying to Emma,” Kitsis points out. “Lying came second nature to her. What we’re going to see is: We’re all faced with choices and it’s the choices you make. What happened to Lily and how she grew up is something we’re going to really explore.”

File this under more crap I could not care less about.  Please do not 'really explore' this.  Unless 'really explore' means you treat her background like you treated Snow and Charming's 'confession' to Emma.  Meaning it's 99% in Offscreen-ville.

• Love 2

But this show is stupid in so many regards.  I can see why Emma would feel responsible for this and I'm guessing she'll feel guilty for pushing Lily "forever" once she finds out she's Maleficent's kid who was banished to this world because her parents didn't have enough faith that Emma would turn out okay.  I guess it's a lot easier to forgive a rapist/a bunch of murderers than it is to forgive Snowing for what they did.

My anger at Snowing, Snow more specifically is that they are both idiots and David does whatever she wants.  I realize that Snow is rarely right.  And her sentence about how Regina is just starting to be their friend was puke inducing, so thank you for that Jane Espenson, I don't think I'll forgive you for it.

ETA -

Lily is headed to the EF in the finale.  How terrible is she going to be since she apparently holds enough darkness for two people?

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 3

I'm on my phone so I can't quote properly but someone said August may become the next author and I think it's clear who is the most specialist special to ever special: Henry.

So I bet he's the next author. Lol.

• Love 1

File this under more crap I could not care less about.  Please do not 'really explore' this.  Unless 'really explore' means you treat her background like you treated Snow and Charming's 'confession' to Emma.  Meaning it's 99% in Offscreen-ville.

Exactly. Who the eff cares about Lily?? 

• Love 1

Exactly. Who the eff cares about Lily?? 

While I agree with the sentiment because really who the eff cares, we sort of have to care since she absorbed Emma's darkness and she will be in the EF from where she was banished because well too much darkness inside of her, plus probably her magic and being able to turn into a dragon makes her very likely more dangerous than her mother.

• Love 2
While I agree with the sentiment because really who the eff cares, we sort of have to care since she absorbed Emma's darkness and she will be in the EF from where she was banished because well too much darkness inside of her, plus probably her magic and being able to turn into a dragon makes her very likely more dangerous than her mother.

And her darkness will not only be Snow and Charming's fault, but also Emma's fault, because she didn't keep in touch with some chick she spent a few hours with who turned out to have lied to her and whose lies probably had a lot to do with Emma ending up back in the system.

You know that's how it will play out. Emma will end up groveling to her because her sad life is all Emma's fault, including the parts that happened when Emma was a fetus.

• Love 4

And her darkness will not only be Snow and Charming's fault, but also Emma's fault, because she didn't keep in touch with some chick she spent a few hours with who turned out to have lied to her and whose lies probably had a lot to do with Emma ending up back in the system.

I'm guessing Emma and Lily's relationship went further than what we saw, since we there were spoilers of them filming together at a bus stop.

Looking at these brought two thoughts to mind:

1. As per usual, Snow is doing the tracking instead of Red.

Which led me this thought after seeing the pic of Will...

2. Oh wow. I just realized that Will and Red would make some cute cubs together. (Being Human reference)

Has anyone claimed the Scarlet Red ship yet (Assuming he can never get back to Ana, of course)?

Edited by Jul 68
  • Love 1

http://tvline.com/2015/03/30/scorpion-season-finale-spoilers-cliffhanger/

I’m worried that last night’s Once Upon a Time was the beginning of the end for “good” Emma. Will the Author being in Storybrooke distract her from hating on her parents, or is she guaranteed to go dark dark? –Jamie

That, I reckon, is the million-dollar question as the final episodes play out. As Colin O’Donoghue reminds, “The second half of this season is about the struggles that heroes and villains each have. And what great about the show is it’s never cut and dry. It’s never as easy as a villain is a straight villain or the heroes are pure heroes. They’ve all done something that they regret, but learn from it in a positive way.” As for the Savior specifically, Hook’s portrayer says, “We’ve seen moments where you could see where Emma could maybe become darker. Whether or not she does is a whole other thing.”

This sounds like it's dialing back the Dark Emma!  Look, Dark, Dark Dark Emma! stuff.

This sounds like it's dialing back the Dark Emma!  Look, Dark, Dark Dark Emma! stuff.

I find it more interesting that it's not A&E or the writers or JMo who are answering this, but Colin.  Although I really do think that A&E should never answer questions, ever.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 2