Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

I'll reserve judgement for the Hook/Rumple deal, but Hook should really know better than that.  Deals with Rumple NEVER end well.  Wasn't he on the receiving end of a deal gone bad wrong?  I seem to recall a magic bean for his and Milah's lives.  Milah died and his hand went bye bye.

But oh, Captain!  tsk, tsk! 

I sort of wonder if him wanting his hand back might not have to do with Emma's off-handed (haha!) comment about him having one hand (was it during Kansas?)  Emma doesn't make comments like that and I know a bunch of us criticized what she had said.  Almost seems like it might have been a plot point now.

That's why I think something else is going on. Hook wouldn't just make a deal with Gold for his hand. And last season, we saw what he would do if Henry's life was in danger and how important Henry was to him. So once again, unfortunately, I think Henry is somehow involved with this. If not, then it's some sort of deal to help Emma. We saw how quick he was to go to Gold when Emma's life was in danger last episode. So yea, I just can't see it happening unless he feels someone he cares about is threatened.

• Love 1

Well the Frozen arc has to end by Ep.9 since that's the number of episodes Haig was set for.

I don't think this necessarily means she'll be in episodes 1-9. The casting notice just said she would be needed for "about" nine episodes. I'm guessing that at that point, the writers probably only had the episode outlines sketched out, and there were a couple that didn't specifically involve Elsa. But that could be because there's a Marain/Robin/Regina centric in there. Or one that focuses more on the Snow Queen.   

• Love 1

That's why I think something else is going on. Hook wouldn't just make a deal with Gold for his hand. And last season, we saw what he would do if Henry's life was in danger and how important Henry was to him. So once again, unfortunately, I think Henry is somehow involved with this. If not, then it's some sort of deal to help Emma. We saw how quick he was to go to Gold when Emma's life was in danger last episode. So yea, I just can't see it happening unless he feels someone he cares about is threatened.

While I agree with you, I really don't trust the writers of this show anymore. They usually have an idea and they write everything around that idea without thinking if it makes sense or not. The same way all the Zelena storyline was writen to lead to Emma and Hook going back in time to bring Marian to the present, I'm sure all this stuff with Hook and Rumple is writen to lead to a two-handed Hook for his date with Emma. So they don't care about anything else, like if it is in character for Hook to make a deal with Rumple or for Rumple not to kill Hook and make it look like an accident.

• Love 1

Video interviews with Robert Carlyle and Emilie de Ravin. The final clip is surprisingly spoilery. I shall transcribe:

"The hat is, uh, it steals magic, essentially. So anyone who has magic powers it sucks them into the hat, stores all their stuff. It's just like a massive supercomputer of magic, I guess. And as Rumple puts it, in one handily portable device; [you put it] on your head and you're gone. So that's what it does. And each time a piece of magic goes in there, a magical person goes in there -- the whole person goes in there, by the way, not just the magic, the whole person. And one they do -- you know the sorcerer's hat has these little stars on it? -- well, these little stars, a new little star appears every time someone goes in there."
Edited by retrograde
  • Love 2

Interesting. I'm sure that there will be some misunderstandings and Elsa and/or Emma at some point will have a choice whether to get rid of their unstable powers by using the hat, not knowing they'll be gone (or maybe Elsa already did that choice, thus the urn). Of course, they'll ultimately decide it's not worth it.

Edited by FurryFury

I'll be furious if Hook asks for his hand back because of Emma's comment. So that's probably how it goes down. Ugh.

That hat is going to be a nightmare. JFC, can you imagine all the names they can pull out of that at any time?

• Love 2

I wonder if this means Rumple is the one who defeats the Snow Queen in the end, sucking her into the hat. He struggles back and forth with the dark side all half season, then finally decides to do the "right" thing blah blah blah redemptioncakes.

• Love 2

They usually have an idea and they write everything around that idea without thinking if it makes sense or not. The same way all the Zelena storyline was writen to lead to Emma and Hook going back in time to bring Marian to the present, I'm sure all this stuff with Hook and Rumple is writen to lead to a two-handed Hook for his date with Emma.

So truth.

Kristof and Anna reunited by episode 8 make me curious about what will be shooting today. Beginning of Snow Queen  final battle and maybe we will learn if Hook is really back to his pirate self 

It seems that the 1-9 will be Frozen heavy and Swon Queen Maleficien 10-11.

That hat spoiler what is a new ball game ! Is Emma or Elsa going end up there somehow or maybe it is how they defeated the Snow Queen.

Oh, Robert. Never change. (So wait, putting the hat on sucks the magical person in forever? If so, just throw that thing on any bad guy that comes their way...) 

This all assumes Hook wants his hand back in return for silence. How do we know Rumple doesn't just poof an enchanted hand on him like a briefcase bomb when Hook tries to confront him?

I'd definitely say it's more in-character for Hook to get his hand back not by his own choosing. At least, that's what I'm hoping for. It just doesn't make any sense why he'd want it all of a sudden, when we've been shown numerous times that he has no problem using his hook for practical reasons (e.g. chipping away at the ice wall, using it to save Emma and him from falling into the portal, preventing Sneezy from sneezing...) or even for fun (e.g. playing with Emma's hair, Emma flirting with it in the tavern...). Considering he still has his hook in Episode 3, the writers would have to do a hell of a job convincing me in Episode 4 that he all of a sudden wants his hand back, if that's the case.

Video interviews with Robert Carlyle and Emilie de Ravin. The final clip is surprisingly spoilery. I shall transcribe:

Good ol'Robert always free and easy with the spoilers.

I don't imagine something that powerful is going to stick around for very long otherwise every time a new magical villain arrives, and so far they've all been magical, they just have to find a way to shove the hat on their head.

Maybe it mysteriously vanishes after some of the town folk suggest using it on Regina and Rumple as punishment for their past crimes. 

Edited by patchwork

I don't think this necessarily means she'll be in episodes 1-9.

Well I'm pretty sure we've gotten filming info/pictures on her for every episode to 8. I can't imagine them having the big climatic reunion in 8 and then taking a break for 9 before going back to them. The Snow Queen is probably defeated by Elsa in 8 and that's what "Smash the mirror" refers to? That's how they defeat her and get Anna back.

The hat thing is kind of lame but thank you Robert for spilling so early. I think Rumple's the one that gets sucked in and that's what Robert meant by Rumple's in a bad situation in 9-10. Then someone, probably perpetual screw-up life ruiner Emma, will go fetch him back and in the process also release all other sorts of baddies, like Maleficent.

Edited by Jean

Then someone, probably perpetual screw-up life ruiner Emma, will go fetch him back and in the process also release all other sorts of baddies, like Maleficent.

Well, I think we know where Yen Sid and Merlin went now. Could we send Blue in there next?

I'm not really excited about the concept, to be honest. We've already seen that sort of thing already with pandora's box and Elsa's urn. When I first saw it, I thought it would be more along the lines of giving the wearer powers... real creativity, I know! I'm probably one of the four people who's actually watched Fantasia.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

I wonder if the wizard's hat is "bigger on the inside." Like, what if there's a whole hat world in there where all the big magic players are chilling? (It would be kind of hilariously awesome if 4B took place inside of a hat.)

Edited by Curio
  • Love 6

Man, Robert just gives NO SPOILER FUCKS WHATSOEVER. LOL. Never change.

Obviously somebody is going to end up inside the hat. If it's a villain (Snow Queen?), they're defeated and gone. If it's one of our regulars, there will be an effort to get them back. Though I can't see them taking somebody off the canvas for too long, so I like Curio's idea of a hat world.

Maybe Snowflake will get stuck in there, SORASed and brought out as cute Cousin Oliver now that Henry is a teen. :-) (Of course, we already have Roland for that niche.)

It's also possible that Rumple wants to figure out a way to absorb all the magic that's in the hat, so he can give up the Dark One powers that open him to being controlled by the dagger. If he was able to harness all the powers in the hat, he might be even more powerful.

• Love 2

I really like the theory that there a a whole new world Inside the hat.

Heh, maybe Jasmine and Aladdin are in there. :)

No, but I just realized something about this hat-world theory: Robert said it can only suck in magical people, right? So if one of the magical Storybrookers (i.e. Rumple, Regina, or Emma) got sucked in, then only those 3 can go into the hat to save them. So basically, we'd have a repeat of 2A where some of the main couples are separated because of a world-traveling hat.

• Love 3

I wonder if there is a great hat creator out there, and both Jefferson's and sorcerer's hats are his work. That would be in line with the hilariously stupid stuff the show sometimes likes to do.

Now I have visions of an "Other Mother"-like character from Gaiman's Coraline dropping hats she made here and there in order to lure people into her world. Now that would be a cool storyline!

When we saw the hat in the apparently empty house, I'd imagined that the Hat/House Owner (Yen Sid, presumably) was hiding inside the Hat. But if he is actually trapped in there, then it could lead to so many storylines, including people getting sucked in. Maybe Maleficent, Pan, Zelena, Zoso, and all the Dark Ones are inside the Hat. No body=no death.

It would be so like ONCE to have one of the main characters getting trapped in the Hat, so someone can go and rescue them. I really hope it's not Rumple who gets trapped inside it if that is what they are going for--it would be a redux of the Pan/Dark Vault story.

I have a feeling that Rumple may well end up losing his Dark powers for good this season. That we are getting Zoso in a flashback supports that idea. A Rumbelle True Love's kiss to fix their (otherwise unfixable) relationship issues--and this time Rumple won't control it as Belle's life would be in danger. So, he won't be the Dark One anymore. However, if he gained control of the Hat, he would be able to retain his powerful magical powers. The Dagger-associated storylines have all been played out, so it might be a good thing.

It's also possible that Rumple wants to figure out a way to absorb all the magic that's in the hat, so he can give up the Dark One powers that open him to being controlled by the dagger.

This has been my spec all along before we knew what the hat was. I too thought that wearing the hat would give you powers like in Fantasia and that's why Rumple would consider giving up the Dark Curse, to go after more power from the hat. But this way works too.

Maybe it'll be like twisted Christmas Carol and we get a parade of cameos and Rumple gets to face all the villains he killed like Zelena, Pan and Cora. They have to find some way to fill in the Frozen void.

Maybe Maleficent, Pan, Zelena, Zoso, and all the Dark Ones are inside the Hat. No body=no death.

Coincidentally, before 4A begin, I had the theory that they all went to the Nether World, since Rumple called it a place "between life and death" since they never died. That would be awesome if the hat was full of magic people. Maybe there used to be more in the Enchanted Forest, then they all got sucked into the hat.

• Love 1

Has the Flick with the HQ photos from yesterday already been posted? Coincidentally, is anyone trying to see if the scripts are readable? Not that I'd do such a thing ;)

Looking at the chest, I guess a urn wasn't big enough for both Kristoff and Anna. 

Also, I think I spy the 316 director. Forgot his name. Mario something?

Mario Van Peebles?

Edited by KingOfHearts

Emma + Frozen cast filming in Steveston. Anna and Elsa. Kristoff is also there.

I actually hope we get a least one episode with everyone in Storybrooke.  I totally okay with it taking an episode or two to figure out how to get them home after they've gotten everyone back together.

It will be interesting to see how they send Elsa, Anna, and Kristoff back to Arrendale while leaving everyone else in Storybrooke.  

It will be interesting to see how they send Elsa, Anna, and Kristoff back to Arrendale while leaving everyone else in Storybrooke.

I would prefer them to stay in Storybrooke offscreen, but sadly that probably won't happen. I'd like to know what's been going on in Arendelle this whole time. Sure it might have been cursed and abandoned, but there's still the period between Snow Falls and the Pilot, plus the Missing Year. At this point we aren't even sure if Arendelle was affected by the curse at all.

Something tells me the Snow Queen wasn't the one who owned the chest... could be wrong. Villains are predictable on this show.

Edited by KingOfHearts

I can see it now. Rumple is inside of the hat chatting up Merlin and Belle throws it into the washing machine along with a load of underpants...assuming they wear underpants. I don't know:  has Robert ever spoiled whether or not they wear underpants in Storybrooke? We could have an entire season devoted to everyone going to a magical realm to retrieve their bloomers. Regina:  *holds up sparkly pink thong* Who's is this? Gepetto:  THAT's where that went...

• Love 3

So this whole hat business.  Are we to assume that Maleficent is trapped there and gets released?  And if someone is released from the hat, does someone else have to take their place?

It also sounds sort of lame.  Yadda, lower your expectations!!!!  Never learn!

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 1

A hat that steals magical powers would be a great way to deal with that problem they have of power imbalance and some of the characters being too powerful for a lot of their plots to work when they can just handwave anything away unless they're being jerks about it. Taking magic away from people who've learned to rely on it would be very interesting. As for sucking away the people, too, can we put Regina on the list? We can rescue her later and then deal with the aftermath, but in the meantime, I think it would freshen up the show to not have to deal with her drama for an arc.

• Love 2

Colin on set today in his new outfit. He and Robert are filming a scene. Assuming it's not a pickup scene that'll be in an earlier ep, looks like he hasn't reverted to Hook's old costume.

With hook.

Poop.  I was really liking the potential plot that went along with him going back to pirate gear.

With hook.

Oh gosh. That hook looks so out of place with that new jacket. It's like a whole cyborg arm with laser gun attachments optional. Could we just get some magical contrivance where Hook can go from hook and hand by will? Wear the hand for Emma, then go around using the hook for adventures?

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

Colin on set today in his new outfit. He and Robert are filming a scene. Assuming it's not a pickup scene that'll be in an earlier ep, looks like he hasn't reverted to Hook's old costume.

With hook.

They don't film the scenes in order, so it is theoretically still possible (if unlikely).

• Love 1

Oh gosh. That hook looks so out of place with that new jacket. It's like a whole cyborg arm with laser gun attachments optional. Could we just get some magical contrivance where Hook can go from hook and hand by will? Wear the hand for Emma, then go around using the hook for adventures?

I'm going to again go with maybe it's just the angle from behind the scenes and on screen with Colin doing his usual camouflage stuff, the hook will look much better. Frankly, I'm more pissy that the person who took those photos watermarked them with comic sans. [end font nerd whining]

• Love 2

So the jacket looks different from the one he was wearing before.  Also, since he seems to be out of the pirate clothes, any chance he can have different shirts/vests or is he gonna look like he hates getting changed?

http://instagram.com/p/t8bEGhIFd-/

How I wish that blow up really does make an appearance on the show.

Why does Scott look wet? Is he attacked by Olaf or a snow monster or drenched with ice cream or something?

That being said, I LOVE that Emma is going to be able to interact with all the Frozen cast in Storybrooke.

Edited by sharky

Heh, maybe Jasmine and Aladdin are in there. :)

No, but I just realized something about this hat-world theory: Robert said it can only suck in magical people, right? So if one of the magical Storybrookers (i.e. Rumple, Regina, or Emma) got sucked in, then only those 3 can go into the hat to save them. So basically, we'd have a repeat of 2A where some of the main couples are separated because of a world-traveling hat.

Exactly.  It seems like Rumple, Regina and or Emma are the usual suspects.  I would buy Regina trying on the hat because she wants to find the writer of the Storybook.  Rumple's already been killed in a midseason finale and he seems to know what the hat does, so why would he try it on?  Emma seems the most likely to go after Regina (would anyone magical really go after Rumple in the hat?)  We need more angst for Robin/Regina and Hook/Emma anyway right?

Does anyone else wonder if the "hat" house is Maleficent's cursed house?  Maybe she's in the hat?

So the jacket looks different from the one he was wearing before.  Also, since he seems to be out of the pirate clothes, any chance he can have different shirts/vests or is he gonna look like he hates getting changed?

I thought the shirt looked a little different.  The thing is, we don't know how many days they are covering in this half season.  Emma still seems to be wearing the orange leather jacket and shirt as episode 2.  We know she changes for the date but beyond that, the last few episodes could take place all in the same day.

I can't quite figure out how Anna is surviving in a trunk in the ocean, but whatever.

I hope that Olaf balloon is a real prop and on the show you see the 3 Frozen characters walking past it. The milking of Frozen is looking mighty desperate.

I can't quite figure out how Anna is surviving in a trunk in the ocean, but whatever.

For 30 years to boot! They're just going to gloss over the whole 30 years curse thing aren't they?

I think the hat story is mainly Rumple's. For all we know twu wuv Belle is going to jump in and save him. Their love is magic so therefore Belle is magical! You know that's A&E's type of logic.

• Love 2

Belle is going to jump in and save him.

Then she can stay in the hat for all eternity.  I don't think Rumple has paid nearly enough for all the BS he has pulled.

We don't know whether Anna and Kristoff have been cursed yet.  But I don't know about the whole "well they happened to be floating by Storybrooke when..."

Colin, Robert and Emilie filmed a scene, then Colin and Robert. Source.

I find myself wondering if Hook tells Belle about the dagger in the one scene. Hard to see why else that trio would film a scene together. Though, of course, Hook would be risking insta-death!

But this isn't the first time those 3 film alone, no?  Weren't they at the house where Rumple and Belle decided to squat for their wedding night?

If he tells her, I can't wait to see what she says to him.  I'm sure she'll go on some sense rant about how he doesn't know what he's talking about because Rumple is an angel.