Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

I still think it's the end of 21 and it's some sort of dream while Henry is unconscious, while not discounting that it would also be right in A&E's wheelhouse as a final awkward pandering scene.

Honestly, RB in the little house is the weirdest suspicious detail to me.

10 minutes ago, Souris said:

Honestly, RB in the little house is the weirdest suspicious detail to me.

That might accord with Belle choosing to rear her de-aged son in a simple setting after Rumple's death. Or if Rumple is alive, he might finally be without magic, and choose to live a sinple life with Belle. 

3 hours ago, KateJones said:

It's all very off and I don't like it. 

I am going with this half season is all in an altered wish realm.  Regina and Emma are still stuck in a darker wish realm like Inception.  You think you're out but you're not.  As far as I am concerned the last two episodes did not happen.  It's sad because josh deserved a great episode and were it not for the last 5 mins  his episode would have been awesome.  

The whole Rumple and Bae retrocon is ridiculous.  The original cannon makes sense.  It is easy to see how Rumple became what he is, how he wanted others to suffer because they treated him badly for being a coward. Now none of the reactions from the townspeople, Bae and Rumple make sense.  They are cardboard cartoons. 

The proposal is something that Emma wants so it makes into the second wish world, and she will propose when she gets back.  

I hope this this is the last season.  I can't handle what A&E are doing to their own cannon, show and actors.  It makes no sense.  Are they thinking they lost the Evil regals and RB fans so they are trying to give those fans their wishes while destroying everything else?  

Edited by kitticup
Typos
  • Love 2

Nothing about the finale seems interesting or exciting, which is a shame for what it's likely the last episode of the series. Emma and Regina walking Henry to the school is the token fan-pandering SQ scene in every A&E episode. If it's for 6x21 it's probably the beginning of the episode, the calm bfore the storm. But, really, trying to make some sense of the spoilers is futile, nothing makes sense anymore.

8 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

I love how Zelena is still a CS shipper. She noticed the engagement ring right away and got excited. 

Lol, yeah. And I know it's petty, but I love how the SQ shippers got their long awaited hug and it was Regina congratulating Emma for her engagement with Hook. And it's such an awkward hug, Jennifer seems so uncomfortable. 

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Rumsy4 said:

That might accord with Belle choosing to rear her de-aged son in a simple setting after Rumple's death. Or if Rumple is alive, he might finally be without magic, and choose to live a sinple life with Belle. 

But it sounds like it's a 2x21 scene.  And why do you think it's a "settling down" type of moment?  That house looks abandoned and run-down to me, so it's more likely just a secret meeting place for them since Rumple is obviously going to be playing both sides, as established recently in 6x13.

Edited by Mathius
8 hours ago, RadioGirl27 said:

Lol, yeah. And I know it's petty, but I love how the SQ shippers got their long awaited hug and it was Regina congratulating Emma for her engagement with Hook.

We just wanted a hug. Think about that. Just a hug. It sucks to see gloating over people being upset when there are so many good things for CS fans to focus on.

Edited by asabovesobelow
  • Love 1

I'm also glad it seems Regina is legitimately happy for Emma. There's a difference between here and in the S5 finale when she wanted to rip out Hook's throat.

We should count our blessings - Snow got more than one line.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2
Just now, KingOfHearts said:

I'm also glad it seems Regina is legitimately happy for Emma. There's a difference between here and in the S5 finale when she wanted to rip out Hook's throat.

I wouldn't say she seemed legitimately happy; Zelena, Henry, and Snow seemed legitimately happy. It looks like Regina's still kind of bitter about her Robin situation but had to awkwardly hug and congratulate her friend because she knows that's proper social protocol. There is definitely a sadness and reluctance behind the hug.

Also, the writers are going to throw it in our faces that they KNOW what a good proposal from Hook should have looked like thanks to Henry's line about the Jolly Roger? And Snow doesn't get to hug Emma but Regina does? There are fans of Emma/Snow writers! Why don't you pander to us once in a while? 

• Love 5
54 minutes ago, RadioGirl27 said:

Lol, yeah. And I know it's petty, but I love how the SQ shippers got their long awaited hug and it was Regina congratulating Emma for her engagement with Hook. And it's such an awkward hug, Jennifer seems so uncomfortable. 

I literally came here to post this. A&E are trolls, but sometimes they are magnificent trolls.

Do I have to pretend I want Snow and Emma to have sex for A&E to finally start caring about thar relationship again?

Edited by Serena
  • Love 4

It's just more proof fans should never ask A&E for anything, because they'll just troll them with it if they do it. "You want an SQ hug? Here, it's about CS getting married! You want a CS proposal? It's quick and while Hook is keeping a secret! You want Robin back? Here, he's shady and not real! Bwahahahahaha! Take that!"

Edited by Souris
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, Souris said:

It's just more proof fans should never ask A&E for anything, because they'll just troll them with it if they do it. "You want an SQ hug? Here, it's about CS getting married! You want a CS proposal? It's quick and while Hook is keeping a secret! You want Robin back? Here, he's shady and not real! Bwahahahahaha! Take that!"

The "be careful what you wish for" season continues. I should make a list and post it after the finale.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Souris said:

It does seem like they are going out of their way to be petty and "give" all the fandoms what they want but not the way they want it as part of the season's theme be careful what you wish for.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, daxx said:

It does seem like they are going out of their way to be petty and "give" all the fandoms what they want but not the way they want it as part of the season's theme be careful what you wish for.

It's such a dick move. Though I doubt it's part of any deliberate "theme." I think it's simply pure petty jerkishness.

Which of course bodes ill for the CS wedding or any other hopes for happy endings.

Apparently, Colin's foot is in a boot brace right now? I swear if we have a repeat of 2B where the writers have to edit out some of Hook's parts in the finale because Colin can't do the physical acting they want him to...

• Love 1

Boy, CS fans sure do get their jollies on a supposed dig at a fanon group of followers.

I think Emma (not Jennifer - there are a few pics of the actresses hugging and there's nothing uncomfortable about it) looks uncomfortable because she knows it's the final nail in the coffin of the relationship she really wants.

5 minutes ago, asabovesobelow said:

Boy, CS fans sure do get their jollies on a supposed dig at a fanon group of followers.

I'm sure it's not all CS fans! But it's definitely me. I mean, it's definitely not the storylines A&E cook up that are ever going to be entertaining, at least not this season, so I'm going to have to be entertained by their pettiness.

It's such a dick move. Though I doubt it's part of any deliberate "theme." I think it's simply pure petty jerkishness.

Which of course bodes ill for the CS wedding or any other hopes for happy endings.

But we already have confirmation they get married, so I'm not too worried. Will the finale be satisfying? Of course not. But at least A&E/the writers won't write a good amount of the wedding episode, since it'll be songs, so there is a tiny bit of hope.

Edited by Serena
  • Love 1

The writers (and possibly the directors) are very tone deaf. They have a checklist of different beats to execute for each relationship. Snow has to say a line or two to Emma twice an arc, CS needs a romantic kiss every few episodes, SQ must have an intimate conversation, etc. It's their half-ass way to pander to all corners of the fandom. They think it's fan service, but it's really no service.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Curio said:

I wouldn't say she seemed legitimately happy; Zelena, Henry, and Snow seemed legitimately happy. 

I didn't even think Henry seemed legitimately happy.  He seemed pretty snarky and looked a little put out.  Snow was happy at least, so there's that.  

Regina's definitely not truly happy for her 'friend.'  Later on in the ep (or the next one) we'll probably have to hear Regina say something nasty about Hook because she's mad/upset about Not!Robin - you know, to show how happy for Emma she really is.  

7 minutes ago, asabovesobelow said:

I think Emma (not Jennifer - there are a few pics of the actresses hugging and there's nothing uncomfortable about it) looks uncomfortable because she knows it's the final nail in the coffin of the relationship she really wants.

LOL!  Thanks for laugh.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

The writers (and possibly the directors) are very tone deaf. They have a checklist of different beats to execute for each relationship. Snow has to say a line or two to Emma twice an arc, CS needs a romantic kiss every few episodes, SQ must have an intimate conversation, etc. It's their half-ass way to pander to all corners of the fandom. They think it's fan service, but it's really no service.

100% true. At the end of it all, no one's happy. CS is pissed that their ship is sidelined, OQ is pissed that Robin was brought back in a horrible way, SQ is pissed at the queerbaiting with no payoff, Snowing is pissed at the lack of screen-time/storyline, Rumbelle is pissed for every legitimate reason possible. So if they want to do CS, do it full force, throw everything behind them. If they want to do SQ, let it happen. If Robin was supposed to die, let him stay dead. Everything is touched on just enough to frustrate every single fandom.

• Love 7
33 minutes ago, Curio said:

Apparently, Colin's foot is in a boot brace right now? I swear if we have a repeat of 2B where the writers have to edit out some of Hook's parts in the finale because Colin can't do the physical acting they want him to...

According to Katmtan, he's had it for a week or so. He can clearly take it off when needed, like at the premiere last night, so it looks to be a walking boot. My Heels players keep having to wear them this season because of sprains, so that's probably what it is.

Boy needs to stop injuring himself.

Another exciting script tease.

HENRY: That's because she thinks you're the worst parts of her.
EVIL QUEEN: (intrigued) But you don't?

Didn't we watch this scene already in 6A?  

Henry, you came back just in time for some character assassination.  The Writers better not have him declaring that he likes the dark parts too.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Camera One said:

Another exciting script tease.

HENRY: That's because she thinks you're the worst parts of her.
EVIL QUEEN: (intrigued) But you don't?

Didn't we watch this scene already in 6A?  

Henry, you came back just in time for some character assassination.  The Writers better not have him declaring that he likes the dark parts too.

We did, it's the same thing over and over again.

5 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

We're probably getting another big retcon this weekend. EW said in an article with Lana that there would be a "shocking revelation" in the flashbacks.

Yup any shocking revelations or twists on this show are usually retcons.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Free said:

Yup any shocking revelations or twists on this show are usually retcons.

First August, then Hook, then Baelfire, and now... Henry Sr. or Regina, probably.

Lana called Regina, not the Evil Queen, a "bitch". That's interesting.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, KingOfHearts said:

We're probably getting another big retcon this weekend. EW said in an article with Lana that there would be a "shocking revelation" in the flashbacks.

It's so obvious that the person Regina hates the most won't be Snow, it will be herself. Shocking! Except...you know...we've done this story line like five billion times at this point.

• Love 2

Here's a thought..perhaps the BF has a change of heart and decides to try and reconcile with her son and grandson, but as she's twisted as fuck like all the Stiltskin clan she goes about it in the worst way.

Maybe she steals the pen back from Henry and has Isaac write a happy little life for her and her family..because we know those Stiltskins rinse and repeat their evil plots/retcons....

Everything is off kilter because there are so many things/memories of the townspeople that have to be meddled with to make it work. But Henry as an Author knows it is all off..again....so he gets to put it right...again. I  think that's why the BF is running around with book...so Henry can't get it. 

Rumple would want Hook gone in that fantasy life and would probably enjoy Emma/Regina being married in it. That sounds right up A&E's alley. One last massive pander.

Edited by Souris
1 minute ago, Souris said:

Rumple would want Hook gone in that fantasy life and would probably enjoy Emma/Regina being married in it. That sounds right up A&E's alley. One last massive pander.

I just threw up in my mouth, a little...

If this happens the only people watching will be the diehard Rumbelles and the SQers...so less than10000??? Yeah..those are good numbers to go out on.

I exaggerate....and probably miscounted..

• Love 1

But they don't appear to be doing flashbacks in this finale...they haven't since S3.  

And remember, Snow and Charming were in their EF forms at the town line, so this falls in line what that.

Edited by Mathius
17 minutes ago, Souris said:

I had already decided to skip the finale and this speculation just reinforces my decision. This would be the last insult to Hook and Emma's fans, both as individuals and as a couple and to their fans.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Camera One said:

Just saw the new script tease.  Hook says to Nemo, "Thank you, old friend".

Old friend?  Isn't that stretching it a bit?

Well, Emma considered Lily her "best friend" after spending maybe a day or so together and after Lily betrayed her twice. So Hook and Nemo spending a day or so together, during which time they had a bit of an adventure and Nemo was trying to help him, and Nemo ended up taking a knife for him, could qualify for "old friend." I doubt past Hook saw it that way, but present Hook looking back on it may see it that way. Nemo nearly died saving him and keeping Liam from killing him in revenge, so, yeah, "old friend" works.

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, Souris said:

Omg!!  We need to stop asking for domestic and coffee CS scenes ....because you know what we'll likely get in retaliation from A&E..

My paranoia about depths to which these showrunners will go just went off the scale.

Ok no more speculation on that scenario from me...!

Edited by PixiePaws1
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, Mathius said:

"Atmospheric smoke" and light effects to be included.  Ooooooooooo!

Also, I'm convinced the SwanMills family scene is some sort of fantasy of Henry's.  Snow with schoolchildren was filmed at the same time, so this is probably Henry envisioning the ideal life he and everyone else would live in Storybrooke if it weren't for all the crazy shit that's always happening.

Edited by Mathius
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

First August, then Hook, then Baelfire, and now... Henry Sr. or Regina, probably.

Maybe Henry Sr. gave Regina Truth Tea so she forgot she was her Own Worst Enemy. Or maybe Cora wanted to put her heart back into her chest, but Henry Sr. stopped her. It's all his fault. 

4 hours ago, Souris said:

The ep sounds like even more of a Regina overdose than usual. 

Skipping this one too.

3 hours ago, Mathius said:

Also, it seems Rumple is going full imp/DO as I posted in the Spoilers thread.  I guess this is the state he'll die in.

It could be so Belle will finally break that Dark Curse when Rumple is in Imp! mode with her TLK. Yeah--I threw up in my mouth just a little. But I've lost all sympathy for Belle. 

Great, even Brigitte Hales, one of the writers for tomorrow's episodes, says she knows there will be..."feelings" about it, in the negative sense.

It's frustrating because David Goodman is the other writer.  He's usually the best writer left on the team except for when it comes to Regina.  And this isn't a new trend, he has never done well with Regina episodes or episodes where there are significant Regina moments.  His credits include:

2x10 - The Cricket Game (The notorious "lasagna episode")
2x15 - The Queen is Dead ("I am good. I was always the Queen, it was you who added Evil to my name.")
4x08 - Smash the Mirror (Crypt sex and the follow-up talk with Snow)
4x14 - Enter the Dragon (Mean Girl shenanigans in the present, poisoning a horse in the past)
5x08 - Birth (Controlling Emma with the dagger "for her own good")
5x19 - Sisters (It was even written along with Brigitte Hales, just like the upcoming episode!)
5x22 - Only You (SQ roadtrip featuring a looong Woegina monologue)
6x09 - Changelings (Featuring Regina's most blatantly hypocritical moment to date)

He and Brigitte Hales are also slated for "Where Bluebirds Fly", so I'm not looking forward to that one either.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Mathius said:

Great, even Brigitte Hales, one of the writers for tomorrow's episodes, says she knows there will be..."feelings" about it, in the negative sense.

It's frustrating because David Goodman is the other writer.  He's usually the best writer left on the team except for when it comes to Regina.  And this isn't a new trend, he has never done well with Regina episodes or episodes where there are significant Regina moments.  His credits include:

2x10 - The Cricket Game (The notorious "lasagna episode")
2x15 - The Queen is Dead ("I am good. I was always the Queen, it was you who added Evil to my name.")
4x08 - Smash the Mirror (Crypt sex and the follow-up talk with Snow)
4x14 - Enter the Dragon (Mean Girl shenanigans in the present, poisoning a horse in the past)
5x08 - Birth (Controlling Emma with the dagger "for her own good")
5x19 - Sisters (It was even written along with Brigitte Hales, just like the upcoming episode!)
5x22 - Only You (SQ roadtrip featuring a looong Woegina monologue)
6x09 - Changelings (Featuring Regina's most blatantly hypocritical moment to date)

He and Brigitte Hales are also slated for "Where Bluebirds Fly", so I'm not looking forward to that one either.

"Some feelings" and she's retweeting a script tease of Regina/Henry in the corner.

Edited by Free

Gee, another Regina flashback episode? I wonder why she thinks some fans will have feelings. Maybe it's because it's ANOTHER Regina flashback episode.

David Goodman can be a good writer, but also remember that he's apparently the leader in the writers' room so take that into consideration as well. Although if I remember, some of his best episodes have been Hook centric so I'll hold off judgment until after I see it.

52 minutes ago, sharky said:

David Goodman can be a good writer, but also remember that he's apparently the leader in the writers' room so take that into consideration as well. 

No, A&E are the leaders in the writers' room.  David, Andrew and Jane have equal power as sub-leaders.