Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

Yeah just look at what they did to poor Rapunzel. Wasn't Tangle very popular also? I got so excited that they hired a black actress to play her but they did nothing with her. I'm still not even sure if she was real or not because I refuse to watch the episode more than once.

I'll be interested to see how they spin the block party.  What's the impetus there?  Emma's evil, time for a neighborhood celebration to lighten the mood?  I have visions of her swooping in Regina style to Snow's wedding where everyone's partying and then all activity ceases as they stop and stare when she enters the scene.

• Love 1

Wait, is Regina wearing a red jacket? The savior's jacket? Boooo.

Can't wait to see this block party though. I was just thinking, "not a lot of Dark Swanning going on". We'll see what the new spoilers bring.

Wait, is Regina wearing a red jacket? The savior's jacket?

Can we please, for the love of Granny's grilled cheese, have one thing of Emma's that isn't gift-wrapped and handed over to Regina? It's becoming a running joke now it happens so often.

• Love 4

It's a bright red blazer. There's no precedent here - Regina's worn red clothing many of times before. (In fact, she have worn that particular blazer before.) She's dressed pretty much how she always dresses.

I do like Belle's green dress. Very pretty color.

• Love 1

While it might just be a bright red blazer, it's obvious the costume department is showing us some strong symbolism that Regina is indeed the new savior. I've been rocking back and forth in my little corner here praying that the spoilers have been misleading and that everyone will get to be saviors in 5A, but it looks like I'm going to be proven wrong.

(Actually, it would be pretty funny if the whole Nevenger crew wore matching red jackets and became a big unified Emma-inspired savior team. Now that I could get on board with.)

• Love 3

Yeah, Regina has worn red before and I'm pretty sure she has a red blazer in her wardrobe. What she's wearing is not unfamiliar that's for sure.  Sneezy was practically wearing Emma's jacket and beanie during the 5x01 shoot.

I don't know how hot Vancouver is right now, but I feel bad for anyone wearing a jacket, leather or an armor during this shoot.

it's obvious the costume department is showing us some strong symbolism that Regina is indeed the new savior.

I so refuse to go in that head space right now.  Just can't because it will ruin my excitement for the Camelot arc, CS and the whole Dark Swan and I really wanna enjoy this.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 1

It's a bright red blazer. There's no precedent here - Regina's worn red clothing many of times before. (In fact, she have worn that particular blazer before.) She's dressed pretty much how she always dresses.

I do like Belle's green dress. Very pretty color.

No, believe me, I'm an eternal optimist. It just struck me as significant. But when you think about it, Killian's vest in the last spoilers was red. So, who knows!

I love green and Belle's dress is lovely from what I can see.

Edited by ABitOFluff

Keep that optimism, ABitOFluff. I'm too lazy to upload them, but I looked at Google Images (Search Lana Regina Red), and she's definitely worn it (or something very much like it) before at least twice. Mary Margaret and Belle both wore red coats and jackets at different points in S3. So, sure, they may be signifying Regina is the new Savior. Or they may just have a cast of leading ladies that look exceptionally beautiful in red. 

With Regina in bright red and Belle in bright green, I'm interested to see what Snow is wearing. I wonder if they want the Nevenger women in bright colors to contrast with Dark Swan if she crashes the party?

Edited by Amerilla

So about the rose that we discussed here and how A&E mentioned it's something that would come into play or is something of an Easter egg (I can't remember exactly)

So I've sort of had a thought about this. What if the rose symbolizes the Dark One?  So with every Dark One that has done an evil deeds/horrible deeds, the rose wilts and so now it's basically a race against the time because the rose could be nearly dead like Rumple's heart was nearly turned into a lump of charcoal.  If the rose dies, the Dark One just takes over completely like if the rose had died in B&B, the prince would have remained Beast forever.

I'm too lazy to upload them, but I looked at Google Images (Search Lana Regina Red), and she's definitely worn it (or something very much like it) before at least twice. Mary Margaret and Belle both wore red coats and jackets at different points in S3. So, sure, they may be signifying Regina is the new Savior. Or they may just have a cast of leading ladies that look exceptionally beautiful in red.

Regina definitely has red in her wardrobe (multiple Enchanted Forest dresses have red details in them, the blouse she wore in Neverland under her blue blazer is a fuchsia red, her crypt sex blouse is a brownish red, and there's the vibrant red dress she wore during the Season 3 finale when she pulled white magic out of nowhere), but lately, the costume department has mostly been dressing Regina in either black or cobalt blue blazers, so I definitely think it's significant that her blazer color has changed to an entirely different primary color. Maybe it doesn't mean she's the new savior, but it's basically a visual anvil telling the audience Regina is Good with a capital 'G' now. That's probably why Snow has a very similar red jacket in her wardrobe because she's on Team Good Guy and she's Emma's mother, and Belle is also considered "good."

Damn it Breaking Bad, why did you train me over-analyze clothing to death?

Edit: On a different clothing note—I really need to see a Camelot knight struggle to eat cotton candy with his metal face guard constantly getting in the way. This block party has the potential to be epic.

Edit Again: 

the title of episode 5x05 "It starts with a D, ends in an R and is 12 letters long

Doppelgänger?

Edited by Curio
  • Love 1

Eh, I'm not reading too much into the red blazer. She's worn red before and her wardrobe generally consists of black or grey with a bright pop of color. I don't think it's any more significant than Snow wearing that bright red overcoat last season.

Edited by Scovies

I think they are purposely brightening Regina's wardrobe but it's probably because Emma's wearing dark colors. Didn't Regina wore red in s3 while Zelena was in her dark colors?

I'll cringe the moment she puts on a red jacket to get ready for battle though. Don't play with me Adam and Eddy.

I'm confused on why they'd have a block party while their sheriff is off five finger discounting families out of their homes.

If this means we can see Bae/Neal in a flashback, I actually wouldn't mind.

The dreamcatcher was more of an Emma thing, wasn't it?  Maybe they do a Henry centric with this one seeing as he has something of a crush on the Violet girl.

How is everyone from Camelot in Storybrooke?  

5x02 and in 5x03, they're feeding the people. It almost like the curse that didn't tear Camelot out into Storybrooke has actually worked and everyone is there now. It makes no sense that the people have followed as well.  Arthur, Gwen, a couple of knights in SB in one thing.  What looks like a whole population? Not so much!

The dreamcatcher was an Emma-and-Neal thing. I think it was shown as being significant to both.

I know Neal kept it or kept one.  And she used one to extract Pongo's memories after Archie was "killed".  I think for Neal and Emma it was more significant in terms of finding home. I've always identified it more with Henry for some reason though especially since she was likely pregnant during that dreamcatcher bit.

Edited by YaddaYadda

So...Emma and her loved ones lose their happy ending because she takes on the most Evil of All Evils to save them and the town throws a party....!!

"Yeah...thanks Ems & Co....so glad you dealt with that little bit of impending doom. Sorry you lost your Light and now your love and family are in agony. Hey folks..let's party hard. Maybe you can do us some fireworks tonight. .they'll look good against the background of all that darkness you took on."

Yes...I know. ..don't know the context ....still seems a bit 'off'.

Yes...I know. ..don't know the context ....still seems a bit 'off'.

At this point I have stopped trying to make sense of the spoilers. They are all over the place.

Henry and a girl.

Oh great, when her mother is the Dark One is the perfect moment to show us Henry's first love.

David's Advice: If it's true love, you never give up and you'll always find her.

Hook's Advice: Does she make you want to be a better person and you'd literally do anything and everything in this world or any other world or any other timeline for her and you'd literally die for her? Then you know she's the one.

Robin's Advice: Don't be afraid to test out a few cars before you buy one. 

• Love 12

I just hope he has enough sense not to go to Robin.

He sure didn't in the AU world. Let's hope the trend continues. lol

Sean is a good guy and I've liked him in most things he's been in and that includes Eve the rappers show. But the writers do him nasty as Robin.

Edited by mjgchick
  • Love 2

At this point I have stopped trying to make sense of the spoilers. They are all over the place.

It will probably make even less sense after it airs.

Of course he would go to Robin, LOL. He is that "clever".

Psh, yeah! If he's able to score a perfect woman like Regina, he has to have some kind of wisdom up his sleeve. Henry doesn't approve of Hook, but it only took one glance at Robin to see how cool he is!

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 4
Robin's Advice: Don't be afraid to test out a few cars before you buy one.

And even after you have bought one, if it needs repairs, you can always test out another car instead of figuring out how to get your own car fixed.

Edited by kili
  • Love 6

Henry was the protagonist in the filming yesterday (the girlfriend, the horse). So, if they were really filming episode 5, the one that is a "heartbreaker",  maybe whatever happens is related to him.

Word is JMo isn't filming tonight.

What a shame. I was expecting Dark Swan to burst into the fair and start destroying things. But maybe this is what turns her completly dark, all her family having fun in a fair while she is dealing with darkness ;-)

It will probably make even less sense after it airs.

Oh, I know.

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 2

So I think this episode might be a Henry episode after all. I'm not sure that anything happens to him, however. It would be nice to have a title for speculation sake. 

I would imagine that Henry has a lot of guilt coming from all kinds of places over what happened to Emma and him snapping the quill.  It sort of reminds me of that line he had in 4x02 when he told Emma he was down one mom and he won't go lower than that.  I'm not sure that Emma has gone dark as much as her keeping away for everyone's safety. I don't think she's living in SB, period. 

And now Henry has his first crush, maybe even first love depending on how this stuff with Camelot is going to go. I'm pretty sure I saw a BTS of her giving him a kiss on the cheek. 

The other interesting character that wasn't there is Rumple. Is he still comatose or is he just staying away from people in general because they're probably not his biggest fans right this moment, or ever?

ETA - It doesn't seem like anything too horrible went down between A/G. if there was an affair, he looks to have forgiven her or the whole thing just won't be happening on Once.

Edited by YaddaYadda

Having seen the latest photos I'm wondering if it's a street fair to celebrate the original curse being broken. 

I'm not sure how long it's been, probably closer to 2 years than 1 but with all the re-cursing and going to live in the EF this could be the first time they've been in Storybrooke to celebrate. 

A bit inconsiderate considering the Dark Swan situation but as it's Emma and not Regina I wont be surprised if the world didn't screech to a halt. 

*edit* Having seen more pics it looks like a welcome party for the Camelot people.  

Edited by patchwork

Henry is a huge walking plot point. If they want him to have a love interest, it's because there's a reason that will probably end up informing some other situation. I think it might end up being a blip on the radar.

I'd rather see Henry find a legitimate friend his age before jumping into puppy love. I mean, he honestly has no friends besides the adults in town. Henry's going to be that clingy, needy boyfriend whose only friend in life is his girlfriend. Maybe the writers will subvert our expectations and this new girl will be a platonic friend and nothing more, but I can already see the writers salivating at the thought of making them destined star crossed lovers who will be forced to separate by the season arc's end when she goes back to Camelot and he stays in Storybrooke.

• Love 5

Why is Lancelot not in Storybrooke? Did he book it for good? Maybe Arthur and Guinevere reconciled after he died.

Merida and Gwen are dressed in the same style, except for the colors.

I hope Henry's romance with Violet is less cringeworthy than his crush on Wendy!

That street fair just looks fun! I'd go to that, especially with all those beautiful people walking around. It is odd though. I wonder if it's some kind of morale booster for the town's residents. Seems strange for it to be a welcome party for the Camelot people. I wonder how long Arthur is going to walk around in his armor? I love Hook's popped collar, but where is Emma? Everyone seems too normal for Emma being off somewhere as the dark one.

ETA nevermind, just some more photos from filming, with the Welcome banner and all the Camelot people. Guess it is for them.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ClemyPige/media

Edited by pezgirl7

Everyone seems too normal for Emma being off somewhere as the dark one.

Yeah, this. It's really weird that Henry, Snow, Charming and Hook seem to be so relaxed in those pics. Maybe Emma has been gone for so long now that they are trying to rebuild their lives. What if the heartbreaking thing that happens here is Emma watching from the outside how her family is trying to go on without her? If you look at this pic (something I highly recommend), Colin's hair is really long, and his beard thicker than ever, so maybe some time has passed.

Edited by RadioGirl27

I can't tell their state of mind at the fair. Except for Henry and the horse riding and the kissing (letting him ride an horse may be something they're doing to try to distract him from DS?), I can't tell if it's the cast goofing off or filming...

I wonder how long Arthur is going to walk around in his armor?

I saw a pic of Liam and Colin standing together.  Arthur is in something other than the armour. He has a coat on (EF type of coat).

This whole thing is weird. I thought it was also weird that the bug is there with Cruella's and I think it was Rumple's car.  Rumple's car, at least I can say taht Belle drives it. She did it while he was away. But the bug? Unless Emma is living outside the town line and Hook has learned to captain that particular vessel and drove in for the day, I don't see why the bug would be there without Emma.

It's like the more stuff that comes out, the more confusing it gets. In a way, it's not a bad thing because figuring everything out ahead of time makes the show very predictable.

So I do have a few questions and the biggest one is;

Why in the world is Camelot in Storybrooke? Arthur coming to town, I can see, he's helping.  His wife showing up too? I can bend my mind and accept it.  A kingdom arriving right along the king and queen? I'm not sure about that. 

Is this a result of Camelot not having been torn apart by Regina casting the curse? 

I've been thinking that Camelot was protected by enchantments and magic from outsiders this whole time and that people from Storybrooke showing up might've undone that.  I just didn't expect to see SB's population double.