Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion

Lisin
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, BeautifulFlower said:

Don't really expect pics of Candice from him even if she was filming. For some reason, this dude hates Candice. It's heavily rumored due to not getting an autograph from her.

Good to know. I won't bother visiting his blog again. I am not giving clicks to haters.

• Love 1
On 2/3/2019 at 8:09 PM, SimoneS said:

I listened. She said that the casting call was for twin babies and thought that if they were used it would have been for episode 16. Do we have a synopsis for episode 16? I don't recall.

If this is for The Flash, then it should be a flashback/flashforward. I wonder how that would fit in the episode?

We probably won't get the synopses for 15, 16 for another week.

• Love 1

The last episode I went in with low expectations, and the show greatly exceeded them; I hope that they continue the hot streak with 5.13. Both the A-plot and B-plot sound like they could be really good, but the best episodes are usually not the ones where Barry and Iris are separated. But I'm just going to keep my expectations low, and try to remember that this one may be mainly setup for 5.14, which sounds like it will be a good Iris/Nora/Cisco episode.

• Love 1

"Cause and XS" promo:

So it won't really be a time loop; but Nora will keep trying to change events over and over by time traveling.

It looks like Iris, Ralph, and Sherloque get attacked by Cicada.

I hope they thought out a really good reason for Barry not being involved. Because even if Nora wanted to fix the situation by herself, when he realizes she needs help, Barry would be the first person for her to go to.

Edited by Trini
Changed video link
  • Love 1

The fact that Nora has essentially taken over the show this season as the main character was a huge mistake, imo. I was excited when she was first introduced but I NEVER thought that would happen. 

It makes me think the writers are just tired of the original characters altogether and prefer to write for new ones or something. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Trini said:

"Cause and XS" promo:

So it won't really be a time loop; but Nora will keep trying to change events over and over by time traveling.

It looks like Iris, Ralph, and Sherloque get attacked by Cicada.

I hope they thought out a really good reason for Barry not being involved. Because even if Nora wanted to fix the situation by herself, when he realizes she needs help, Barry would be the first person for her to go to.

Apparently, Barry has still never sat her down and told her about Flashpoint -- or the lecture he got from Jay about the dangers of repeatedly trying to "fix" the timeline.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

Apparently, Barry has still never sat her down and told her about Flashpoint -- or the lecture he got from Jay about the dangers of repeatedly trying to "fix" the timeline.

Some kids have to learn the hard way, legal. ::shrug::

In any case, this has the potential to be this season's "Enter Flashtime"; come through, Helbing!

• Love 2

I keep wondering: Why is Nora scheming with Thawne to kill Cicada? How does this stop Barry from disappearing? In the article, Barry is fighting with the Reverse Flash when he disappears. I think that Thawne must be doing this to escape. I wonder if he will kill Nora in front of Barry or Nora will sacrifice herself to protect Barry like HR with Iris. This sets off the crisis next year instead of in 2024.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 2
39 minutes ago, Trini said:

Photos for 5.14 are out: http://flashtvnews.com/flash-photos-cause-and-xs/32350

With Cisco in the B-plot, and everyone else in the A-plot, it looks like Barry will be by himself and unavailable, for ... reasons.

I'm hoping that with the multiple time resets by Nora, there will also be multiple iterations of Cisco's date. It could be a source of levity to balance the serious/tense A-plot.

----

FLA514a_0341b.jpg

FLA514b_0437b2.jpg

FLA514b_0313b.jpg

FLA514b_0202b.jpg

Why is Killer Frost, the so-called "key to defeating Cicada" and the "weapon" lying seemingly dead on the ground? Writing makes no sense.

ETA: It's like DP is like, "I'd rather lay sprawling, face splat on the ground than have eye contact with CP in the same scene." Ha!

Edited by adora721
  • LOL 1
14 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

I keep wondering: Why is Nora scheming with Thawne to kill Cicada? How does this stop Barry from disappearing?

Catching Cicada is not about keeping Barry from disappearing. It's about removing this one tarnish from the Flash's legacy. Recall that in Nora's Flash museum memory of 5x12, future Singh says in the video that because the Flash never caught Cicada,  "And the way the city saw the Flash, his legacy, it was never the same." Todd Helbing said that one of the main themes of S5 is legacy. Nora is trying to remove this blemish from her father's legacy. She might also rightly blame herself for making Cicada arrive early, too.

That's not to say she doesn't want to stop Barry from disappearing, but I think she's multitasking to catch Cicada, too.

2 minutes ago, adora721 said:

Catching Cicada is not about keeping Barry from disappearing. It's about removing this one tarnish from the Flash's legacy. Recall that in Nora's Flash museum memory of 5x12, future Singh says in the video that because the Flash never caught Cicada,  "And the way the city saw the Flash, his legacy, it was never the same." Todd Helbing said that one of the main themes of S5 is legacy. Nora is trying to remove this blemish from her father's legacy. She might also rightly blame herself for making Cicada arrive early, too.

That's not to say she doesn't want to stop Barry from disappearing, but I think she's multitasking to catch Cicada, too.

If teaming up with her father's greatest enemy is about removing this one tarnish from Barry's legacy as The Flash, Nora is a bigger fool that I thought. She has already made the situation with Cicada worse and she knows this, yet she won't stop.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, ruby24 said:

It makes me think the writers are just tired of the original characters altogether and prefer to write for new ones or something. 

They're writing the same plots and beats, though. They're not really exploring new territory. The writing is stuck in its own time loop with different faces acting out the same things as before.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, adora721 said:

They're writing the same plots and beats, though. They're not really exploring new territory. The writing is stuck in its own time loop with different faces acting out the same things as before.

We need new writers .

• Love 3

I just had a horrifying thought -- is it too early for a team setback? Because with the time travel aspect in the next episode, what if Nora rewinds back to before Iris finds out Cicada's weakness? Maybe Nora decides to prevent Iris from following up on Orlin? We would literally be taking two steps back with this tedious Cicada arc. Please, no.

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, Trini said:

I just had a horrifying thought -- is it too early for a team setback? Because with the time travel aspect in the next episode, what if Nora rewinds back to before Iris finds out Cicada's weakness? Maybe Nora decides to prevent Iris from following up on Orlin? We would literally be taking two steps back with this tedious Cicada arc. Please, no.

I don't think that will happen because it would also mean that Nora's plan to distract Sherloque with Irene would be erased.

• Love 1

It's unusual that Carlos/Cisco has missed episodes, but I don't know why some are assuming the worst with the least amount of information. And people talking about it like it's a fact, is another issue.

What exactly is the director spoiling? It just seems like she is promoting her episode with no additional info.

And since Killer Frost is in many of the photos released, we know that Caitlin isn't in the lab working with Barry.

Edited by SimoneS
20 hours ago, SimoneS said:

There are lots of rumors swirling that Carlos is leaving at the end of the season. I hope this is just chatter because he missed a few episodes.

I feel like Cisco missing episodes is misdirection to make us think he's leaving. The writers wouldn't telegraph such a huge loss of a main character like this; it would spoil the shock of Cisco dying or leaving.  Of course, I reserve the right to be wrong.

I wasn't so involved with fandom back in S1, so I don't know if those who knew about BTS happenings anticipated Eddie's death. I know I was shocked and completely surprised that he shot himself to save Iris and the team. 

I really miss Cisco and Joe so I hope that they are integrated back into the show when they return. I want Cisco to have his romance, but I don't like he isn't the main story. He feels sidelined this season. In part, I blame Nora for sucking up a lot of airtime. I have to admit that I will be relieved when she is gone, hopefully at the end of the season.

• Love 1
On 2/9/2019 at 3:01 PM, SimoneS said:

There are lots of rumors swirling that Carlos is leaving at the end of the season. I hope this is just chatter because he missed a few episodes.

I'm somewhat surprised he may leave but they've given him next to nothing to do this season and he seems bored. Since COIE is right around the corner they should convince him to stick around the first half of s6 and kill him in COIE since they need a big dea

1 hour ago, Primal Slayer said:

I'm somewhat surprised he may leave but they've given him next to nothing to do this season and he seems bored. Since COIE is right around the corner they should convince him to stick around the first half of s6 and kill him in COIE since they need a big dea

I really hope Carlos isn't leaving, but if he is, I definitely don't want them to kill Cisco. I just think that is too dark for The Flash. They could bring Gypsy back for a couple of episodes, have them reconnect, get married, and move to Earth 19. If the earths do merge after COIE, the show can say that Cisco and Gypsy survived and are living somewhere on this earth. This way  Carlos can come back for guest stints like Kiernan Lyons does with Wally.

3 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

I really hope Carlos isn't leaving, but if he is, I definitely don't want them to kill Cisco. I just think that is too dark for The Flash. They could bring Gypsy back for a couple of episodes, have them reconnect, get married, and move to Earth 19. If the earths do merge after COIE, the show can say that Cisco and Gypsy survived and are living somewhere on this earth. This way  Carlos can come back for guest stints like Kiernan Lyons does with Wally.

The Flash has killed people off before but they shouldn't shy away from doing dark things at times just because they aren't Arrow, that's what helps these shows become stale because they don't try to change things up because they want to stay in their lanes. Arrow/Flash need shakeups from their status quo every once in awhile. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Primal Slayer said:

The Flash has killed people off before but they shouldn't shy away from doing dark things at times just because they aren't Arrow, that's what helps these shows become stale because they don't try to change things up because they want to stay in their lanes. Arrow/Flash need shakeups from their status quo every once in awhile. 

I think losing Cisco without killing him does shake up the status quo. The show will have to add a new mechanical engineer to add the to Team Flash. This will definitely change the dynamic in Star Labs. 

2 hours ago, SimoneS said:

The show will have to add a new mechanical engineer to add the to Team Flash.

I hope they don't add a new Mechanical Engineer, unless it's Wally, who was majoring in Mechanical Engineering back in S2. If not Wally, then not adding another "Cisco" would force Barry to be more like the inventor he is in the comics.  Lessening the dependence on the team would be a positive move forward, so losing would be a gain in other ways. I don't want Cisco dead, but if he's going to be gone, I'd rather Barry compensate for him.

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, adora721 said:

I hope they don't add a new Mechanical Engineer, unless it's Wally, who was majoring in Mechanical Engineering back in S2. If not Wally, then not adding another "Cisco" would force Barry to be more like the inventor he is in the comics.  Lessening the dependence on the team would be a positive move forward, so losing would be a gain in other ways. I don't want Cisco dead, but if he's going to be gone, I'd rather Barry compensate for him.

As much as I am looking forward to Barry inventing Gideon, Barry in the inventor means that we will get even more of the Star Labs sets and even less of the CCPD and CIS sets. And characters stuck in the Star lab sets having the same conversations over and over again has contributed to the show feeling stale at times.

28 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

If he does leave, they should move Curtis to The Flash. It'd suit his character much better than Arrow currently does. 

The Arrow can keep Curtis. Goodness knows it needs the humor. Besides the actor who plays Curtis is one of the many mediocre actors on that show. Other than Danielle Panabaker, The Flash has a solid cast and it should stay that way. 

Edited by SimoneS
7 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

If he does leave, they should move Curtis to The Flash. It'd suit his character much better than Arrow currently does. 

Ew, no thanks.  Curtis is the most annoying character on Arrow and in the entire Arrowverse to boot.  Besides, where is everyone getting the idea that Cisco is leaving?  Has everyone forgotten that the reason he's not at STAR Labs is that he's been working at Caitlyn's father's old lab in the Arctic to perfect a meta cure?

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, legaleagle53 said:

Besides, where is everyone getting the idea that Cisco is leaving? 

He was missing for a few episodes, which is a first for him. It's mostly a lot of fearmongering, IMO.

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, legaleagle53 said:

Ew, no thanks.  Curtis is the most annoying character on Arrow and in the entire Arrowverse to boot.  Besides, where is everyone getting the idea that Cisco is leaving?  Has everyone forgotten that the reason he's not at STAR Labs is that he's been working at Caitlyn's father's old lab in the Arctic to perfect a meta cure?

There have been comic sites reporting that he may leave.

• Useful 1
5 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

There have been comic sites reporting that he may leave.

Part of the fearmongering I was talking about. Those sites don't have any more information than we do. (They're just picking up on fan chatter, and now it's this circle of negativity.)

If I had to guess on who would leave either by choice or get written out, I think Jesse L. Martin is the most likely candidate.

Edited by Trini

Honestly, I hope that no one leaves other than Nora. Before this season, I would have added Ralph to the list, but he has really grown on me. I won't bother mentioning Killer Frost because she is obviously going nowhere. I still think that there are too many metas on Team Flash, but I just prefer everyone other than Barry lose their powers. 

• Love 2

I just read that Felicity on the Arrow is pregnant.

What does this mean for Iris? I have been so convinced Iris will be pregnant by the end of the season. I really hope I am wrong because you just know that the crossover will have those babies being born on another show and they probably won't show it because you know who will jump in and ruin the moment.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, SimoneS said:

What does this mean for Iris?

Nothing? Maybe it lessens the chance of Iris being pregnant at the same time; if the showrunners don't want similar storylines on both shows. Otherwise I don't think Arrow stuff affects the writing here.

If they're inserting Oliver into Barry's Crisis story in the crossover, as I suspect, then Felicity might end up with the role of grieving widow with a fatherless child instead of Iris, for maximum emotional impact.

10 hours ago, ruby24 said:

Guessing it won't happen, probably. Iris and Barry don't even have sex, so I don't know how it would happen anyway.

I'm sorry, but I had to ask: Do you think Barry and Iris bathe or shower? Since we don't see them doing that either, it must mean it's not happening, right? They just change clothes, but don't clean themselves.

I mean, they have evidence of a fully grown human being they conceived, but you're certain they're not currently having sex? I mean, I'm sure they're using protection at the moment, but they are an amorous couple as shown in previous seasons.

1 hour ago, Trini said:

Nothing? Maybe it lessens the chance of Iris being pregnant at the same time; if the showrunners don't want similar storylines on both shows. Otherwise I don't think Arrow stuff affects the writing here.

If they're inserting Oliver into Barry's Crisis story in the crossover, as I suspect, then Felicity might end up with the role of grieving widow with a fatherless child instead of Iris, for maximum emotional impact.

Felicity getting Iris' role would piss me off so much. 

• Love 3

I wouldn't like it either, but just acknowledging the possibility since they've done stuff like that before.  ::SIGH::

---------

Not sure if this counts as a spoiler since it's pretty unreadable, but more BTS stuff from the director:

CW and inclusivity?! Maybe for white women when DP's bestie Kreisberg wasn't preying on the women on the set. Whatever. It isn't like DP can fuck up more than the usual directors. The bar is low on a CW show.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 2
On 2/11/2019 at 7:39 PM, Trini said:

Part of the fearmongering I was talking about. Those sites don't have any more information than we do. (They're just picking up on fan chatter, and now it's this circle of negativity.)

If I had to guess on who would leave either by choice or get written out, I think Jesse L. Martin is the most likely candidate.

It wasn't based on fan chatter.  The first article claimed they had a specific inside source in the know even though it had yet to be confirmed officially.  For all we know nothing will happen and it's some contract negotiation thing but it wasn't just sites picking up random spec.  

I find it highly suspect that this "news" comes out only after some have worked themselves into a frenzy about Cisco's 3rd absence from an episode just last week. And a "source" that says it can go either way anyway. I doubt it's negotiation tactics; this is Carlos' first Hollywood job, he doesn't have the leverage. Has that site had any other articles based on insider info from The Flash? Plus, insider sources or not, if someone wasn't coming back next season, I don't think we'd find out this early. There are just several things that seem sketchy to me.