Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Quiver

Lisin
  • Start Topic

22 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

So I'm guessing you don't have an entire store devoted to Lindt?

Yes, seriously hard to resist. I love their truffles. I also love the dark chocolate squares with raspberry filling :P Which I'm eating right now, LOL! 

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Yes, seriously hard to resist. I love their truffles. I also love the dark chocolate squares with raspberry filling :P Which I'm eating right now, LOL! 

I've just discovered a mango white chocolate lindt ball which I will be eating on the plane today!

• Love 1

Whole stores devoted to Lindt?  Well now you've made me jealous. I still count myself lucky when I find other variety bags of their truffles beyond just Milk Chocolate, White Chocolate, and Dark Chocolate.  (Not that I'm complaining about having those three, lol)

19 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Whole stores devoted to Lindt?  Well now you've made me jealous. I still count myself lucky when I find other variety bags of their truffles beyond just Milk Chocolate, White Chocolate, and Dark Chocolate.  (Not that I'm complaining about having those three, lol)

You're in MN, right? There's one at the Mall of America!

I'm already liking the website far too much, lol.  Apricot?  Chili?  Pineapple?  And that's not even counting the truffles.  They sell them in bulk as well.  Very dangerous.  ;)

Saw Beauty and the Beast earlier today and i loved it. It's not a shot for shot remake which I really liked as there was more scenes added and new songs. Gaston is also more of an asshole than in the original film. 

Also saw Logan earlier this week. Definitely depressing but very good IMO. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, jay741982 said:

Saw Beauty and the Beast earlier today and i loved it. It's not a shot for shot remake which I really liked as there was more scenes added and new songs. Gaston is also more of an asshole than in the original film. 

Also saw Logan earlier this week. Definitely depressing but very good IMO. 

How was the singing? Were they decent?

7 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

How was the singing? Were they decent?

Yes they were. Some were better than others like Josh Gad and Luke Evans. My theater was packed and many shows were sold out. Saw it in IMAX and my friend and I barely got into the showing we saw. Audience response was very good as many people were applauding at the end. Beast and Maurice even had solo songs

• Love 3

I enjoyed Beauty & The Beast. It was very well done.

I was surprised by how much enjoyed Dan Stevens as The Beast. That was the casting I was the most skeptical about, but he really impressed me. Emma Watson not so much. At most I would say she gave a polite performance, but she was out of her depth. The auto tune bad. If she wasn't Emma Watson, I don't think she would have been cast.

• Love 1

Caught an episode of The Arrangement.  Lexa Doig and Michael Vartan are way more interesting than the two young, pretty and ooh soo bland leads but if someone wants to live the movie star lifestyle vicariously, they may get people interested.  Personally I was bothered by how the show itself was treating it's main actress.  It's only FX so their version of nudity is a lot more discrete than anything you'd see on HBO but I watched one hour and the number of times they had her naked, partially naked, having sex or begging for sex kind of started disturbing me. (And I'm not even talking about the one time where she was nearly sexually assaulted in the street and got yelled at over it like it was her fault) 

I mean, I like pretty people having sexy times and yet, there's something off.

Somehow the show's character comes off as a kind of glorified whore and the gratuitous shots of the main actress (and only her) made me want her to get a better manager.  There's an imbalance to how sexuality is being portrayed.  Maybe it was only the one episode and the rest could be fine,  but yeah, there's a vibe I don't like.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Delphi said:

@dtissagirl have you checked out ultimate beastmaster on Netflix?  I don't think it's your ting but I'm hooked and interested to know how it looks in other countries. 

I had never even heard of it until right now, but a quick look at local social media, and apparently it's big here too. It's just not for me. The Brazilian presenters are people I abhor, and muscular people doing muscular things tend to bore me rather than entertain me. :)

5 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

I was worried about that.  Just in the commercials you can hear it.  

They CGI'd her voice. It made the big musical numbers with her a little awkward because everything is working and then it goes to her and you can hear them try and work her voice. 

For what it's worth, I went with my sister and it didn't bug her nearly as much.

• Love 1

I got used to it as the movie went on (and I didn't think she was as noticeably off in Days in the Sun or her reprise song). I had the same reaction with Dan Stevens' voice during "Evermore," but as the song went on I didn't mind the tampering as much.

• Love 1

IMO the reprise song was her best musical moment (which made me happy because that's one of my favorite songs). 

I didn't notice it as much with Dan Stevens. Little moments here and there, but it was hidden better. 

Do they sing as well as the people in the movie version of Phantom of the Opera?

I really loved the cast in the movie Phantom. They weren't as great as Sierra Boggess etc but I thought their songs had sooooo much heart. 

8 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Do they sing as well as the people in the movie version of Phantom of the Opera?

I really loved the cast in the movie Phantom. They weren't as great as Sierra Boggess etc but I thought their songs had sooooo much heart. 

They were all better than Gerard Butler, I would say XD

@tv echo THANK YOU so much for all the articles, transcripts, information that you put together and post for us! You are an absolute CHAMP and I was so worried we'd lose you after the various rage inducing episodes we've gotten this year! 

*****************************************************************************************************************

4 minutes ago, way2interested said:

They were all better than Gerard Butler, I would say XD

haha ok thats fine by me because.....

I LOVED his version of Music of the Night. He was in so much pain! I've never liked that song very much despite how famous it is but I swear the bit where he sings "only then can you belong to me" makes me want to cry my heart out. And I don't even like the Phantom! Raoul fan here until they assassinated his character in the bloody sequel musical! 

Edited by Mellowyellow
Edited to add stars because I wanted to thank tv echo properly and they merged my posts! *cross*
  • Love 1

^^^ You're welcome. :) This season has certainly been a real trial to watch!

I think that what happens in the remaining episodes of this season will determine whether or not I (and probably a lot of other fans) continue watching Arrow next season.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Mellowyellow said:

They have the entire album from the movie up on YouTube if you wanted to listen.  

I want to see this movie...

Box Office: ‘Beauty and the Beast’ Smashes Records With Towering $170 Million Debut
Brent Lang  March 19, 2017
http://variety.com/2017/film/box-office/beauty-and-the-beast-box-office-1202011662/

“Beauty and the Beast,” the studio’s latest live-action update of a cartoon classic, waltzed its way to a towering $170 million debut this weekend, setting a new record for a March opening and solidifying the Mouse House’s status as the dominant player in the film business. No other company can match the streak that Disney is currently enjoying, thanks to a series of multi-billion acquisitions that put the likes of Pixar, Marvel, and Lucasfilm in its Magic Kingdom. Last year, the studio accounted for more than a quarter of all domestic ticket sales, and 2017 brings the release of sequels to “Guardians of the Galaxy,” “Cars,” and “Thor,” in addition to “Beauty and the Beast.”

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Delphi said:

They have the entire album from the movie up on YouTube if you wanted to listen.  

THANK YOU! Listening to it now! Not bad! I like Emma Watson's voice. It's not Paige O'Hara but it's pleasant enough. 

"Something There" needs more Disney pep though! Needs that Disney princess voice!

• Love 1

I really enjoyed BATB.

When the animation came out I was a 15 year old ~rebel~ [lol] and not at all into any Disney stuff, but my sister was 8 back then, and she was OBSESSED with the movie, and watched it pretty much daily once it came out on VCR [lol I'm old], so I kinda knew the entire thing by heart by proxy of sharing a TV with her. I haven't seen the animation in decades, though, and I think that probably helped in enjoying the live action movie.

This is hilarious - Dan Stevens got Ariel and Luke Evans got Elsa...

The "Beauty And The Beast" Cast Finds Out Which Disney Princess They Are

Edited by tv echo
Removed BuzzFeed quiz link because different quiz...
  • Love 2

I liked BATB. Though I watch the animated movie pretty much every time I get the flu, which means I know the (italian) lyrics of the songs by heart and there were some changes that annoyed me.  Did the songs stay the same in the original audio?

Just now, looptab said:

Did the songs stay the same in the original audio?

There were some sound editing changes (background sounds, differently edited pauses for dialogue and sound effects, etc.), but the audio is the same from the songs from the movie, changes and all. Although knowing fun facts about the changes (Days in the Sun was one of the drafts of a song for the Broadway play, Evermore had musical cues from "If I Can't Love Her," "Home" is part of the background score, the changed Gaston lyrics were additional original lyrics from Howard Ashman, same with the lyrics to the Beauty and the Beast reprise, etc.), kind of made me a bit more cool with them.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, tv echo said:

I took the quiz - and I'm Mulan! ...
Which Disney Princess Are You?
Feb. 3, 2014   Sean Fagan
https://www.buzzfeed.com/mccarricksean/which-disney-princes-are-you?utm_term=.jjDzRe47A#.py1m9AMyE

This is hilarious...
The "Beauty And The Beast" Cast Finds Out Which Disney Princess They Are

They're charming in their reactions.

But their questions are different than the quiz..... 

I got Belle, which is pretty good with me.

Yeah - I originally posted the wrong Disney Princess quiz above (now deleted). In the correct quiz that the Beauty and the Beast cast took, I got Pocahontas.

Edited by tv echo

Cinderella :) My 2nd fav of the classic Disney Princesses. Although on another Buzzfeed quiz I got Ariel, which was not bad. It wasn't even the other one linked here.

How many Buzzfeed which Disney Princess are you quizzes are there??

Edited by kismet

Watched Bridget Jones Baby today on my lazy day off... and well I truly liked it. I was laughing, crying and rooting for Mr. Darcy again. I did not believe that I would like the movie, but picked it up on a whim at the library. Having loved the original books and films, I was hesitant to watch the latest installment after hearing some of the reviews. Then again, this is not a film for film critics. I also think having zero expectations made it better. After the emotional trainwreck of the final book, I did not know if I could go into Bridget's World again only to be heartbroken. I know the main reason myself and other fans stayed away was because the final book had left a different and sour taste in our mouths. The Edge of Reason film adaptation, I think also hurt because it changed some of the story and felt less like Bridget. 

That being said, if I had spent a movie ticket for I might have been disappointed in it. It was a sweet adorable film that I enjoyed, but not sure it was worth $20. Films like this always make better at home films than dropping the crazy money it costs to go to the theaters these days. I really think there are certain genres that should just have promotions like bogo or coupons to get people into the audience. Because if audiences see it for an affordable price, they are more likely to get other people to see it. And sadly, rom-coms (& most comedies for me) fall into that category of NON-event showings, so disposable income does become a factor. There are very few rom-coms that are worth the $20, if I know I can wait a few months and spend half or even less to watch them. But give me bargain or special deal seats and I can be there no worries. I do really think the cost prohibits people.

I also did not think I was going to be a fan of the who's the Daddy plot, but somehow it worked. Both Colin Firth & Patrick Dempsey were charming and viable options. For once, I felt like everything was going to break Bridget's way. It was nice to see her find happiness again, especially considering her life had never gone according to her plan. She is relatable and lovable heroine.

It was written by Helen Fielding & Emma Thompson (I forget the 3rd person) so that I think most definitely helped. Emma Thompson also makes a witty addition as Bridget's OB. It was directed by Sharon Maguire who had done the first movie, so I think that also helped. It felt a little like coming home and authentic to Bridget, which Edge of Reason as much as I enjoyed the film felt a little too movie and not Bridget.

All I can say, is a was immensely charmed by the film and loved just about every minute of it. I highly recommend it for any Bridget fans, people looking for a fun escapist movie and most importantly anyone who was put off by either the final novel or the movie version of Edge of Reason. It made me remember why I loved Bridget in the first place.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 3