Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Quiver

Lisin
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

I couldn't get past episode 2 of Frequency. I think dragging out a 2 hour movie into 13 hours is what caused the issues for me. 

I was all for it after episode 1, and in episode 2 there were giant plot contrivances and the main character was so horrible I wanted to smash my tv.

12 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

@BkWurm1 a question about your Smallville shipping days. 

Did you at some point realise your ship wasn't going to happen or did you have a glimmer of hope to the very bitter end. I ask because I saw your comment about pain in the other thread. 

Was there a point where you knew it was dead and you weren't goingto get what you wanted. 

I lost all hope after Half Blood Prince.

I had hope until the end of season eight.  There were points early in that season that strongly suggested they were going to go all in on Lois and Clark, but also a lot of mixed messages.  The start of season eight was when Lois was retconned over the summer hiatus from inept and awful into the most highly in demand reporter at the Daily Planet.  And it had Lois after four years of treating Clark like a little brother (except for one time when she was under a love potion) see him in a dress shirt and suddenly she got the case of the hots for him.  And a random alien vixen decided they had feelings between them.  But then she went back to being a terrible reporter who makes up stories to get the headline and she was shuffled offscreen most of the time while the focus of the season was on Chloe and Clark and Brainiac and Davis aka Doomsday and then the back half was so strongly written that I actually was convinced they'd changed their minds and were going to go back to Chlark, at least for a while.  

I mean major stuff like Clark risking the universe to save Chloe, flashbacks to their most epic kiss, an excuse for why Chloe had agreed to marry someone else (she was being controlled by Brainiac) and Clark just losing it when she left to protect him. Hints that she was in a love triangle between Superman and Doomsday, trips to the Fortress.  And lines like "I will never stop looking for you" and "everything I've done, right or wrong, was for you."  

The set up was all there for a sudden reveal of suppressed feelings, down to a bunch of heroes from the future speculating that maybe the reason they'd never heard of Chloe Sullivan was because Clark had had Chloe change her name to protect her (a huge shout out to a Chloe is actually the real Lois of the story theory) only for the last five minutes of the season to end in such a way that not only was it clear that the ship was not happening, but left me HATING Clark in a way I've never even managed to hate Lois or Laurel.  

I quit the show and only went back and watched latter for fan fic reasons. But I swear, even in the final two season they still kept sending mixed messages and teases to the ship's fans.  Right down to the end there was stuff that just screamed, take me and make happy endings in fan fic land.  But Smallville ALWAYS played all it's ships at the same time, constantly giving every group their moments.  They did mind games in a way Arrow never has.  

12 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Just the last 2 seasons sporadically because their Ollie is hooooooot!!!!!! So hoooooot! Can we have him be Felicity’s love interest?

I loved him on Emily Owen MD.

The last two seasons are practically a different show and Lois radically retconned IMO.  

11 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Not really a fan of Clark. I dunno, he doesn't do much for me. Maybe because I randomly jumped in. I don't think I care for the actor very much. 

Season nine is IMO his worst season.  He's solidly a judgmental ass to everyone but Lois for most of the season and seemed just to be going through the motions as he retread the same old storylines for the fourth time in the final year.  He was a much better actor around certain other actors...who sadly were mostly gone by then.   

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2

@BkWurm1sorry for bringing up your old shipping traumas! Haha you sound like me when I get started on Harry Potter or the ending of HIMYM (which imo is the worse because I didn't ship and was fine with Ted and Robyn until they destroyed them, gave us the perfect Mother and then decided to kill her and re ignite the toxic Ted Robyn relationship after seasons of telling the audience how bad they were together. I swear worse ending ever.)!

Let's hope we have better luck with Olicity!!!!

35 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

@BkWurm1sorry for bringing up your old shipping traumas! Haha you sound like me when I get started on Harry Potter or the ending of HIMYM (which imo is the worse because I didn't ship and was fine with Ted and Robyn until they destroyed them, gave us the perfect Mother and then decided to kill her and re ignite the toxic Ted Robyn relationship after seasons of telling the audience how bad they were together. I swear worse ending ever.)!

Let's hope we have better luck with Olicity!!!!

I accept your pity and understanding.  I send you mine as well. 

Olicity is supposed to be my do over. My proof that story and characterization will trump "because comics".  I need this.  Lol.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, CooperTV said:

I was all for it after episode 1, and in episode 2 there were giant plot contrivances and the main character was so horrible I wanted to smash my tv.

No, Raimy isn't very likeable.  I'll willingly concede that.  It's something that probably would have frustrated me more if I'd been watching it week to week.   But, I guess for me, there's a lot of things that bother me in a show when I'm watching week to week that don't bother me, at least as much, when binge watching, because I'm not taking the time after each episode to think about it and pull it apart.  

Even so, Raimy could get annoying, especially when she was demanding her dad do this or do that.  But I guess for me it was more about the overall concept, which fascinated me, and what happens next, and wanting to know the end of the story.   How does it all work out?  I guess for me that was enough to keep me going through some of the not so great parts.  But yeah, I'm guessing I probably wouldn't have stuck with it if I'd been watching week-to-week.

• Love 1

Wow it so weird when you see the show through another shippers eyes haha. I never saw season 8 of Smallville hinting at repressed love between Chlark or a Clark/Chloe/Davis love triangle.

I always thought of season 8 being Clark still having unresolved feelings for Lana he was getting over while being in Lois proximity every day caused him to start to notice her in a romantic way.

I was a general watcher of Smallville  so I wasn't involved in the fandom and I didn't follow too many spoilers or interviews so I don't know if the writers had said stuff that indicated they wanted a Chlark romance but it seemed to me like they were established as friends who loved and care about each other deeply but I never got any serious romance vibes between them except the odd moment here and there which was mainly one sided from Chloe's end. 

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I accept your pity and understanding.  I send you mine as well. 

Olicity is supposed to be my do over. My proof that story and characterization will trump "because comics".  I need this.  Lol.  

I think you'll have better luck. Green Arrow and Black Canary aren't even in the same country as Clark and Lois in terms of comic legacy. They are C possibly B - minus grade characters. Clark and Lois are loved and known by more then just comic readers.

Olicity has the support and promotin of the studio, the network, the writers and DC plus a sustain central focus in the shows core storylines and Olivers heroism.  Plus the other unique factor of being the only pairing that can get chemistry from their lead actor who NOTPs with every other actress he's paired.

:) 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, LeighAn said:

Wow it so weird when you see the show through another shippers eyes haha. I never saw season 8 of Smallville hinting at repressed love between Chlark or a Clark/Chloe/Davis love triangle.

I always thought of season 8 being Clark still having unresolved feelings for Lana he was getting over while being in Lois proximity every day caused him to start to notice her in a romantic way.

I was a general watcher of Smallville  so I wasn't involved in the fandom and I didn't follow too many spoilers or interviews so I don't know if the writers had said stuff that indicated they wanted a Chlark romance but it seemed to me like they were established as friends who loved and care about each other deeply but I never got any serious romance vibes between them except the odd moment here and there which was mainly one sided from Chloe's end. 

At the start of the season the first episode was called Odyssey and there were these parallels to the one waiting and it was Chloe that in that first episode that Clark was desperately trying to get home to and find.  And an epic hug and Chloe weeping over a dying Clark.  Imagery that could have been lifted from certain comic panels.  Back in Smallville Chloe accepted Jimmy's proposal, but they also made a point about her having powers and blackouts and lost time so it seemed reasonable that she wasn't fully in control of the decision.  

And then the writers in interviews kept saying that while Clark was taken off guard, more than anything Clark wanted Chloe to be happy (which was the same kind of thing we heard in season three for Oliver and Felicity)  And on screen when Clark found out that she was engaged, he was upset she hadn't told him and went to confront her to see if it was true and they both say they don't want things to change and Clark admits they were more than friends and Chloe just about flat out asks him to give her a reason to not go through with the engagement.  

Season 8 had Lois noticing Clark, but Clark not really noticing her until the day of Chloe's wedding.   Then after Chloe was actually married (but she had no memory of the actual wedding, lol) he had his last fling with Lana.  Followed by Lois asking him to consider them going out, but he ultimately decided it wasn't what he wanted.  Then Lois was barely in the rest of the season except to show off terrible and unethical of a journalist she was.  

And they kept having Jimmy jealous of Clark and Chloe still not telling Jimmy anything and Davis brought in as a Clark stand in (even a scene where she talks about how she'd only felt this easy connection with one other person and no, she said, it was not Jimmy) only for us to find out that Braininac had been running a program on Chloe that made her act and think a certain way around Davis.  

And when Brainiac was over writing her memories, if you slowed down the scene, there were constant shots of all the romantic Chlark stuff intermixed with shots of the Superman's symbol and Doomsday's symbol.  Then there was the line from Brainiac after he'd dared Clark to kill him.  "I knew you'd never harm me in this human's skin. Why do you think I chose her?"  Which seemed significant since he had equal access to Lana, but chose Chloe instead.

And we had Clark acting jealous of Davis before they knew he was Doomsday and again when Oliver was taunting him and trying to convince him that Chloe had left because she had real feelings for Davis.  And Clark never lost his temper like that over Lana or Lois.  Those pink file cabinets never knew what was coming.  There was also a deleted scene in the episode with the fakeChloe where Clark seemed again to be more than just feeling them as friends.  

It just felt like a set up building to something big with Lois the red herring.  They even implied that when Lois accidentally used the Legion ring that she'd gotten stuck in the 30th Century.  Like I said, all the set up was there.  I swear on any other show, it would have turned out like I thought it should have.   

That I remember all of this stuff 8 years later (or rather that I can't forget) speaks to the depth of my trauma I think.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Seriously. I'm so pissed right now.

Yeah I am too I hate the Pats. So sick of them and pissed as Hell at Falcons they played like they were paid to lose 

3 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

At the start of the season the first episode was called Odyssey and there were these parallels to the one waiting and it was Chloe that in that first episode that Clark was desperately trying to get home to and find.  And an epic hug and Chloe weeping over a dying Clark.  Imagery that could have been lifted from certain comic panels.  Back in Smallville Chloe accepted Jimmy's proposal, but they also made a point about her having powers and blackouts and lost time so it seemed reasonable that she wasn't fully in control of the decision.  

And then the writers in interviews kept saying that while Clark was taken off guard, more than anything Clark wanted Chloe to be happy (which was the same kind of thing we heard in season three for Oliver and Felicity)  And on screen when Clark found out that she was engaged, he was upset she hadn't told him and went to confront her to see if it was true and they both say they don't want things to change and Clark admits they were more than friends and Chloe just about flat out asks him to give her a reason to not go through with the engagement.  

Season 8 had Lois noticing Clark, but Clark not really noticing her until the day of Chloe's wedding.   Then after Chloe was actually married (but she had no memory of the actual wedding, lol) he had his last fling with Lana.  Followed by Lois asking him to consider them going out, but he ultimately decided it wasn't what he wanted.  Then Lois was barely in the rest of the season except to show off terrible and unethical of a journalist she was.  

And they kept having Jimmy jealous of Clark and Chloe still not telling Jimmy anything and Davis brought in as a Clark stand in (even a scene where she talks about how she'd only felt this easy connection with one other person and no, she said, it was not Jimmy) only for us to find out that Braininac had been running a program on Chloe that made her act and think a certain way around Davis.  

And when Brainiac was over writing her memories, if you slowed down the scene, there were constant shots of all the romantic Chlark stuff intermixed with shots of the Superman's symbol and Doomsday's symbol.  Then there was the line from Brainiac after he'd dared Clark to kill him.  "I knew you'd never harm me in this human's skin. Why do you think I chose her?"  Which seemed significant since he had equal access to Lana, but chose Chloe instead.

And we had Clark acting jealous of Davis before they knew he was Doomsday and again when Oliver was taunting him and trying to convince him that Chloe had left because she had real feelings for Davis.  And Clark never lost his temper like that over Lana or Lois.  Those pink file cabinets never knew what was coming.  There was also a deleted scene in the episode with the fakeChloe where Clark seemed again to be more than just feeling them as friends.  

It just felt like a set up building to something big with Lois the red herring.  They even implied that when Lois accidentally used the Legion ring that she'd gotten stuck in the 30th Century.  Like I said, all the set up was there.  I swear on any other show, it would have turned out like I thought it should have.   

That I remember all of this stuff 8 years later (or rather that I can't forget) speaks to the depth of my trauma I think.  

I loved Chlark. Probably the first time I Shipped HARD. She was the best Woman In the show and for Clark IMO. 

• Love 1

Sorry, born & bred New Englander here and I can't be prouder of the Patriots for fighting until the last second to win the Super Bowl. Largest Comeback Victory Ever! That was an amazing Super Bowl! Atlanta really did give it away, but New England never gave up. I know people hate us, but you can't deny that the Patriots have achieved some extraordinary accomplishments.

#DoYourJob #NeverGiveUp and oh yeah 5x Super Bowl Champions. :)

It's been a rough couple of weeks, at least for a little bit NE can celebrate something happy again.

01de970635a04791bb5c149cb5c63f32-01de970

Also Lady GAGA was phenomenal, loved her Super Bowl performance - Professional, Political & Powerful. 

35 minutes ago, kismet said:

Sorry, born & bred New Englander here and I can't be prouder of the Patriots for fighting until the last second to win the Super Bowl. Largest Comeback Victory Ever!

Largest in the Super Bowl, but the Bills still hold the record for largest comeback victory.

As a Niners fan, seeing Tom Brady's continued success is a punch to the gut.  Brady grew up in San Mateo, he was a lifelong Niners fan, he desperately wanted to play for the Niners, he sent the Niners a tape of him before the 2000 Draft, and the Niners proceeded to pass on him.  Brady should have been a Niner.  To be clear, I like Brady, he's probably the greatest QB ever, and he seems like a jam up dude, it's just that his success is a reminder that the Niners more than anybody screwed up big time in the 2000 NFL Draft.

Edited by Jediknight
6 minutes ago, Jediknight said:

Largest in the Super Bowl, but the Bills still hold the record for largest comeback victory.

As a Niners fan, seeing Tom Brady's continued success is a punch to the gut.  Brady grew up in San Mateo, he was a lifelong Niners fan, he desperately wanted to play for the Niners, he sent the Niners a tape of him before the 2000 Draft, and the Niners proceeded to pass on him.  Brady should have been a Niner.  To be clear, I like Brady, he's probably the greatest QB ever, and he seems like a jam up dude, it's just that his success is a reminder that the Niners more than anybody screwed up big time in the 2000 NFL Draft.

Yes, I meant for the Superbowl. Sorry for the confusion.

And I do feel for the Brady Family & the Niners. Because as much as I know Tom loves the Patriots and Patriot Nation, his heart is probably with the Niners. And I know both Tom and his family would have loved to see him play for the Niners. It is sad that they did not sign him. He has mentioned it often how much he was Niner Fan and idolized Montana. Often the business end of sports interferes with the heart of the game. It's rare that athletes get an opportunity to play for their childhood teams.

Then again, it was a lucky twist of fate that Brady even got an opportunity to show his talents. If Bledsoe had never gotten injured, Brady may have warmed a bench for a lot of his career. Sometimes business and fate have a weird way of blending together. Belichick and New England definitely benefited from the Niners loss. I respect that Brady may now be the GOAT, but he wasn't always headed down that trajectory. And his early victories, I think were more about the team. Trust me, it took a lot for me to find my way into the Brady Fan Club. However, he has truly grown into an amazing QB & leader and that is a lot of his hard work but also Belichick's mentorship. And the Niners would have not had had that element.  So maybe it all worked out in the end for the Bradys.

1 hour ago, kismet said:

Sorry, born & bred New Englander here and I can't be prouder of the Patriots for fighting until the last second to win the Super Bowl. Largest Comeback Victory Ever! That was an amazing Super Bowl! Atlanta really did give it away, but New England never gave up. I know people hate us, but you can't deny that the Patriots have achieved some extraordinary accomplishments.

Congrats Kismet.  Enjoy your victory.  :)  (My Vikings tanked around game 6 so I've no horse in the race, lol)

• Love 1
10 hours ago, jay741982 said:

Yeah I am too I hate the Pats. So sick of them and pissed as Hell at Falcons they played like they were paid to lose 

Nah. The Falcons aren't generally a 2nd half team.  They usually score early and often and then try to hang on.  Defense spent way too much time on the field in the first half even with a large lead. They've done this more than once this season.  

17 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Just saw what went on on Jane the Virgin on Twitter, and all I really want is to see her new haircut.

The episode started telegraphing what was coming pretty early but it was still pretty dramatic.  I'm sure there are some very upset viewers right now.  

I think I quit watching in early season two because I got bored and after a while just forgot to go back to it. This is kind of tempting me to go back, but 

Spoiler

I fear they are going to go the Michael was a saint route posthumously.

And Xo and Rigelio are both in serious relationships with other people?

Seriously, guys, does no one have a shot of Jane's new do? I wasn't kidding about that.

@dtissagirl, I thought of you when I read the spoiler. :)

• Love 1

I'm in Boston, and we are stuck in wall to wall "it's snowing" TV coverage. But today was the last performance of one of my favorite childhood villains that was menacing from first sight to decades later. Joe Mascolo better known as Stefano on Days of Our Lives tragically died from Alzheimer's in Dec. And today I can not watch it because they need to give us minute to minute updates on what we can see outside our windows. I understand the need for news updates, but they could put it in between breaks in the episode. I'm just smad about the whole thing.

The irony is that Snow Days was when we used to be able to touch back in with Stefano and his dastardly deeds. He also was one of my Dad's fav tv characters. And even in the throws of Alzheimer's he could still recognize/remember his voice & face, he loved Stefano! A character like that can NEVER BE replaced! He was the grand manipulator. SO evil & cunning. And yet so lovable in his own way. I loved him and will always remember him. He may have been taking from us too soon, but he will rise again! He is the Phoenix. We may not see him, but he will always be there when Evil strikes in Salem.

They often say Soap actors are not the greatest. But I beg to differ for some actors. Joe Mascolo was in a higher echelon of actors. Decades of episodes, and he always brought a freshness & diabolic take on the character. We often say that writing can can make or break a character. But good actors can rise above bad writing, and like most Soaps the writing for DOOL was never the best - but that never stopped Joe from making Stefano an amazing and iconic Villain. Other actors should look to his performances to learn how to play a convincing and enjoyable Villain that can still haunt fans decades into his being and much longer after. Stefano was a once and a lifetime TV character, I am grateful to have been able to watch him for years.

http://tvline.com/2017/02/09/joe-mascolo-final-days-of-our-lives-episode-stefano-dies-date/

stefano.jpg

Edited by kismet
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

At least when it comes to the long, loose waves, that's just the new popular hairstyle on shows because it's easier to film lots of shots and angles without the hair needing to be put back into place for continuity. They probably realized that Felicity and the ponytail makes hair continuity easier as well. 

It's not just the two of them. It's the exact same hair style for pretty much every woman on TV -- loose waves, always curled away from the face on each side.

nyssa1280jpg-c745b3_1280w.jpg

legends-of-tomorrow-sarah-steind.jpg

iris-west-2.jpg

kara-danvers-supergirl-hd.jpg

Moira_Queen_Susanna_Thompson-3.jpg

ar511a_0457b.jpg

qt76krdr9wdnpgc0eavq.jpg

Supergirl-203-3-640x360.png

Dinah_Lance.png

Caitlin_Snow.png

Thea_Queen_Willa_Holland_and_Dinah_Laure

05x03-susan-williams-1.gif

Even short hair gets it:

AR315A_0140b_489ae25_54ee8cc4229c05.7492

alex-danvers-chyler-leigh-in-the-preview

AR401A_0120b-640x300.jpg

Why Everyone on TV Has the Same Hair:
http://www.racked.com/2016/3/11/11195958/tv-hair-jane-the-virgin-empire-younger

• Love 10
2 hours ago, dtissagirl said:

It's not just the two of them. It's the exact same hair style for pretty much every woman on TV -- loose waves, always curled away from the face on each side.

Oh, that's so funny! And don't forget Arrow's newest newbie...
ar513b_0176b.jpg?w=700

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Oh, that's so funny! And don't forget Arrow's newest newbie...
ar513b_0176b.jpg?w=700

Haha, yep, there they go, curls that roll away from the face. This one just feels like the hair stylist forgot to set them loose after being done with the curling iron. But the technique is the. exact. same. on every woman's hair ever on television.

• Love 1

I loved Firefly, but I think that much of its success was its cast - it's that old cast chemistry magic component that can't be manufactured or duplicated.  The original cast members have all moved on and it's unlikely that they'd all return for a reboot. And how likely is it that any reboot would be able to come up with a new cast that's just as magical? ...

Fox Will Move Forward With Firefly Reboot - On One Condition
Charlie Ridgely- 02/08/2017
http://comicbook.com/2017/02/09/fox-will-move-forward-with-firefly-reboot-on-one-condition/

According to Fox President Of Entertainment David Madden, the option for more Firefly is on the table. There's only one condition:

Joss Whedon has to be on board if it's going to get made.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, tv echo said:

I loved Firefly, but I think that much of its success was its cast - it's that old cast chemistry magic component that can't be manufactured or duplicated.  The original cast members have all moved on and it's unlikely that they'd all return for a reboot. And how likely is it that any reboot would be able to come up with a new cast that's just as magical? ...

Plus, I'm not sure I want current Joss Whedon on board trying to reboot his own past stuff. It really was a combination of capturing an instance of cast, writing, and vision during that time, and trying to recreate it purposefully, even with Joss, would not come off good either.

• Love 3

Some of the Firefly cast is not doing much these days. However FOX screwed with the show the first time, I don't want them to get a chance to do that again. 

I'd rather one of the streaming services take a swing at it. Then they'd have more freedom and at least a full season.

• Love 2

Side Effect to ditching the Flarrowverse for 2 weeks in a row means I missed all the CW promos for the return of the final season of Reign. Thus I missed watching live on friday night :(

Then again maybe its just a side effect of being a grown-up that my first instinct was to turn on PBS when the main networks had nothing on in the 830p hour. I did get to watch some documentaries on Civil Rights, so not all is loss.

• Love 1

Nate was good looking in a very conventional good looking way.

Other episode 3 Riverdake thoughts The girls continue to be the only interesting characters on this show.

Lose all the adults and their teen melodrama .

Keep the Josie and the Pussy cats.

Crazy ass spec: I totally think Betty is the killer and doesn't realise it because she has a split personality Pyscho style. 

• Love 1
16 hours ago, LeighAn said:

Nate was good looking in a very conventional good looking way.

Other episode 3 Riverdake thoughts The girls continue to be the only interesting characters on this show.

Lose all the adults and their teen melodrama .

Keep the Josie and the Pussy cats.

Crazy ass spec: I totally think Betty is the killer and doesn't realise it because she has a split personality Pyscho style. 

I think Bettys dad is the killer but I do find it possible Betty will become a Suspect maybe get as far as being arrested and put on trial before the truth comes out. I feel Sorry for her and Polly. Alice is basically Terrible

• Love 1

‘Deception’: Jack Cutmore-Scott To Play the Lead In ABC Pilot From Berlanti Prods.
by Nellie Andreeva •  February 10, 2017 11:30am
http://deadline.com/2017/02/jack-cutmore-scott-star-abc-drama-pilot-deception-1201908230/

Former Cooper Barrett’s Guide to Surviving Life star Jack Cutmore-Scott has landed the lead role in ABC pilot Deception, an FBI crime drama procedural from Chuck co-creator Chris Fedak and the Blindpot team of creator Martin Gero, magician David Kwong, Warner Bros. TV and Greg Berlanti’s studio-based Berlanti Prods.

Cutmore-Scott stars as superstar magician Cameron Black. When his career is ruined by scandal, he has only one place to turn to practice his art of deception, illusion, and influence — the FBI. He’ll become the world’s first consulting illusionist, helping the government solve crimes that defy explanation, and trap criminals and spies by using deception.

jack-cutmore-scott-2.jpg?w=446&h=299&cro

Edited by tv echo
5 hours ago, kismet said:

Magician joins the FBI, that sounds like the start of a bad joke. But hey, it might work. Stranger show premises have been wildly successful.

Making the premise work sounds exhausting.  

• Love 1
6 hours ago, kismet said:

Magician joins the FBI, that sounds like the start of a bad joke. But hey, it might work. Stranger show premises have been wildly successful.

It sounds like a remake of The Mentalist with a magician instead of a psychic. They are both illusionists is some fashion.

• Love 3

At the very end Jane and Lisbon got married.  I think she may have quit her FBI job? Can't remember.

But they dragged the Red John mystery way way too long, and it was a huge letdown (IMO) when they finally resolved it.  They tried to retool the show after that and moved part of the cast to the FBI.  But if I'm remembering right it only lasted a couple more seasons.

5 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Also anyone know if Betty and Daniel Meade ever got together? 

Who are Betty and Daniel?

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

At the very end Jane and Lisbon got married.  I think she may have quit her FBI job? Can't remember.

But they dragged the Red John mystery way way too long, and it was a huge letdown (IMO) when they finally resolved it.  They tried to retool the show after that and moved part of the cast to the FBI.  But if I'm remembering right it only lasted a couple more seasons.

Who are Betty and Daniel?

Ooh so they got married! I quit it before they were even interested in each other! It must have gone on for ages!

Ugly Betty and Daniel Meade