Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

WRT Sonny Corleone's hair...I think we're pretty close to when it'll be over. I think Freddie cut it around the time Chandler was about to (or started to) tape so...another couple weeks maybe? THANK GOD.

I think Sonny is just in love with being in love and married w/kids. He's in love with the dream of happily ever after, etc...

Edited by swtrgrl
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, JBC344 said:

I think that Roman was happy to get back to married life with Kate but I think he would of also been ok with the idea of he and Marlena being back together and pregnant with a new child. 

Not to mention, that when Roman came back from the dead. He insisted that he and Marlena have another child, since he missed out on 7 years with the twins.  They were a few weeks old, when he died.  Unfortunately, for him, John got to Marlena first and created Belle..

1 hour ago, swtrgrl said:

WRT Sonny Corleone's hair...I think we're pretty close to when it'll be over. I think Freddie cut it around the time Chandler was about to (or started to) tape so...another couple weeks maybe? THANK GOD.

I think Sonny is just in love with being in love and married w/kids. He's in love with the dream of happily ever after, etc...

Paulson is only getting together as a plot point. Two previous writing regimes never cared to build them up as a couple.  Sonny was in Paris and Paul was never given anything substantial to do as a character.   So, this is the calm before the storm and they will not survive it. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I missed most of the episode today so I won't be able to make lengthy comments. It was nice to see Sonny and Paul in bed but I'm still not feeling them as a couple. Them getting engaged feels like it's coming out of nowhere even though they have supposedly been dating for months. I feel like we missed all of the major relationship milestones somehow. Of course, since the show decided that Paul and Sonny had this elaborate backstory that we never got to see play out, I can't help but wonder if this relationship was always going to be doomed because the audience would never get the chance to see them fall in love together for the first time.

That is a perfect description of Paulson. It is obvious that Paul was meant to be an interloper for Wilson.  Somewhere along the way, Ken Corday decided to make Will like Sami, despite the fact that he had none of the traumas that Sami had had to become the woman that she had become. The writing by Sherry Anderson, that led to Sami becoming the darker version of her aunt Samantha was outstanding..

• Love 2
8 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Deidre and Judi are really giving me a deeper appreciation for the incredible subtleties Eileen Davidson brings to all of her doppelgangers.

Please be kidding. I will agree that Davidson is able to differentiate clearly and consistently between Kristen and her various doubles, but no degree of subtlety, in my humble opinion, can be found in anything to do with Kristen. Peoples' mileage will vary, obviously. But I am so, so, so bloody tired of Kristen and her endless parade of tics, tricks, and campy shrieking.

Edited to add: I figure the Sonny-Sparkle nuptials are being timed just so they can be in the long Salem tradition of weddings interrupted by the shocking return of ... well, you all know the drill.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 4
31 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Please be kidding. I will agree that Davidson is able to differentiate clearly and consistently between Kristen and her various doubles, but no degree of subtlety, in my humble opinion, can be found in anything to do with Kristen. Peoples' mileage will vary, obviously. But I am so, so, so bloody tired of Kristen and her endless parade of tics, tricks, and campy shrieking.

Edited to add: I figure the Sonny-Sparkle nuptials are being timed just so they can be in the long Salem tradition of weddings interrupted by the shocking return of ... well, you all know the drill.

I think for Eileen the "subtleties" more come into play when she is playing the Banks quads, more so than the difference between Kristen and Susan. 

1 hour ago, JBC344 said:

I think for Eileen the "subtleties" more come into play when she is playing the Banks quads, more so than the difference between Kristen and Susan. 

Exactly! I never understood why Susan never evolved beyond zany camp. I never understood why the show had her come back looking the same. Why didn't she ever fix her teeth to be able to fool Stefano into thinking that she was Kristen during the years that Kristen was a part of that harem and was raising EJ.  Personally, I feel that Kristen/Susan should never have come back. Their stories were done. Kristen was  punished for her evil and Susan got her happily ever after with EJ and her man.  The show is too fixated on their past and not enough time is spent on creating the Kristen and the Stefanos of this era for the legacy children. Instead of constantly bringing  back villains of the past.  I love Kim and Shane, but, Emma their main antagonist was not constantly brought back to wreak havoc in their lives. She played a role in exposing the cracks in their relationship. Once she did that, the story shifted in how Kim and Shane were going to pick up the pieces of their lives and overcome the damage that she brought to their lives.  The show is incapable of doing that with the characters now. The villains are the protagonists and the heroes are the supporting players in the stories. It should be the other way around..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

So I watched a few of the most recent episodes last night, and I must admit, it is getting a little bit better.

Abe is the counterfeiting partner in crime?  I'm not really buying it either, and I get where he's coming from when he says Dario must have set him up, but who knows.  At least it finally gives Abe a storyline!  I liked how Val threw the jewelry on the floor.  I'm also kind of liking Eli; at least the actor is decent.

Which brings me to non-decent actors.  Ugh.  Can't Lani just go already?  She's bringing JJ down too.  He was half-decent when he was younger, running around with Rory and Paige, but playing off of Lani, he's getting worse as well.

Both of the doppleganger stories are a bore.  Hattie, seriously?   How can John and Roman not see straight through her immediately??  They both seem to have a bit of a clue, but honestly they both should have known immediately.  Plus, didn't Hope tell people that Hattie helped her in prison, so they should all know she's around!  

Glad to see Chad and Abby back together.

Oh, which made me just realize why I think these episodes weren't so bad... no Gabi!! (Can it please stay this way?)

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Exactly! I never understood why Susan never evolved beyond zany camp. I never understood why the show had her come back looking the same. Why didn't she ever fix her teeth to be able to fool Stefano into thinking that she was Kristen during the years that Kristen was a part of that harem and was raising EJ.  Personally, I feel that Kristen/Susan should never have come back. Their stories were done. Kristen was  punished for her evil and Susan got her happily ever after with EJ and her man.  The show is too fixated on their past and not enough time is spent on creating the Kristen and the Stefanos of this era for the legacy children. Instead of constantly bringing  back villains of the past.  I love Kim and Shane, but, Emma their main antagonist was not constantly brought back to wreak havoc in their lives. She played a role in exposing the cracks in their relationship. Once she did that, the story shifted in how Kim and Shane were going to pick up the pieces of their lives and overcome the damage that she brought to their lives.  The show is incapable of doing that with the characters now. The villains are the protagonists and the heroes are the supporting players in the stories. It should be the other way around..

When Susan returned a couple of years ago, my wish was that we would get a more "polished" version of her.  I like "zany, campy, outrageous" Susan just as much as the rest but I agree with you she shouldn't be exactly the same person she was twenty years ago.  If Susan does return I would love to see her a little more worldly.  We know from EJ's backstory that she has had to come to some sort of "happy medium" with Stefano during EJ's formative years in order to share custody.  We also know that she is still with Edmund, who we need to see ASAP. 

I agree we don't need a retread of 90's Susan but an updated version would be nice.

• Love 2

Plus, didn't Hope tell people that Hattie helped her in prison, so they should all know she's around!

True. They originally had a scene of Hattie confronting Andre in the Square as the final epilogue to her story a few months back. I guess they cut it because they wanted Hattie to fly under the radar after her release... but realistically, hope should have given had a credit for saving her life in prison where she otherwise would have died. I'm looking forward to seeing a Hope & Hattie scene in the midst of all this.

What I'm confused about, though, is how had she was even released in the first place if Hope agreed not to tell the authorities it was Andre who had committed a crime and let her take the fall for it. Hope agreed not to turn Andre in in exchange for Andre agreeing not to reveal how Roman and Rafe broke the law to help her. So wouldn't Hattie have stayed in jail if there was no concrete evidence that she wasn't involved in the crime she was convicted for?

Gah...these details are hard to keep track of.

Mostly I'm just annoyed that Hattie, a character who isn't exactly evil, is now doing these rather evil cruel things for no intelligent reason. She had her freedom and she could have easily taken a shot at Roman. I understand this is Ron trying to salvage whatever the original crappy Anjelica story was by playing up the camp, but it all feels like a very weak Kristen Susan Marlena situation only times two, with Adrienne and Bonnie thrown into the mix. I like that the actresses are having fun with it but I'm baffled when people say this their scenes are "hilarious". Haven't laughed once. It's just a little less uptight than normal. I'll take it of course, but in watching old Hattie/Bonnie scenes online, this isn't half as entertaining.

Please be kidding. I will agree that Davidson is able to differentiate clearly and consistently between Kristen and her various doubles, but no degree of subtlety, in my humble opinion, can be found in anything to do with Kristen. Peoples' mileage will vary, obviously. But I am so, so, so bloody tired of Kristen and her endless parade of tics, tricks, and campy shrieking.

Post-Rape Of Eric Kristen was definitely a different creature then the Kristen I had grown to love. She was more generic bitchy villainess manipulating her way into people's lives...but Eileen made it watchable. If you're saying that you don't really care for the performance she gave the last few times around I'm not going to argue that, but the writing wasn't exactly stellar either. She made out with and nearly slept with Dan for pity's sake....

I meant more that she's really good - or was really good - at playing Susan-playing-Kristen. She was also really good at playing Kristen-playing-Susan. Deidre can't do stuff like that and I'm questioning now whether Judi can either. Is it just at the directors are failing them and not telling them that they need to turn the performance up or down? Small examples: Bonnie should not be able to summon up tears as easily as Adrienne does. That's just Judi acting as Judi does and always has. Also, Hattie should not blink and flit her hair the way Marlena always does. She should have her own physical tics. Those are the kinds of things Eileen is really good at cracking down on. Maybe it's because, as pointed out, the Susan character has always been a bit more of a cartoon, but I'm still going to give her credit for making it so easy to tell which woman is which. Susan even has different vocal intonations than Kristen. When Susan Banks was on the show the last time I listened to see if there were any moments where it sounded just like Kristen doing an impersonation and it never did. Eileen can give the characters very specific movements and deliveries and that makes all of the doppelgangers such fun to watch.

When Susan returned a couple of years ago, my wish was that we would get a more "polished" version of her.  I like "zany, campy, outrageous" Susan just as much as the rest but I agree with you she shouldn't be exactly the same person she was twenty years ago.  If Susan does return I would love to see her a little more worldly.  We know from EJ's backstory that she has had to come to some sort of "happy medium" with Stefano during EJ's formative years in order to share custody.  We also know that she is still with Edmund, who we need to see ASAP. 

I agree we don't need a retread of 90's Susan but an updated version would be nice.

Absolutely. Yes, please. I really want to see Edmund.

I think the detente between Susan and Stefano was a very minor plot point in a storyline that it was ultimately changed. When she returned, she certainly was frightened of Stefano's voice. She said that she just let EJ live with Stefano because she knew he gave him access to a grander way of life then she could offer.

I wouldn't mind seeing her be a little bit more refined and worldly but never to the point we'll lose her twangy almost juvenile nature. Edmund loved her for who she was and I don't see her having to change much.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 2
33 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

True. They originally had a scene of Hattie confronting Andre in the Square as the final epilogue to her story a few months back. I guess they cut it because they wanted Hattie to fly under the radar after her release... but realistically, hope should have given had a credit for saving her life in prison where she otherwise would have died. I'm looking forward to seeing a Hope & Hattie scene in the midst of all this.

What I'm confused about, though, is how had she was even released in the first place if Hope agreed not to tell the authorities it was Andre who had committed a crime and let her take the fall for it. Hope agreed not to turn Andre in in exchange for Andre agreeing not to reveal how Roman and Rafe broke the law to help her. So wouldn't Hattie have stayed in jail if there was no concrete evidence that she wasn't involved in the crime she was convicted for?

Gah...these details are hard to keep track of.

Mostly I'm just annoyed that Hattie, a character who isn't exactly evil, is now doing these rather evil cruel things for no intelligent reason. She had her freedom and she could have easily taken a shot at Roman. I understand this is Ron trying to salvage whatever the original crappy Anjelica story was by playing up the camp, but it all feels like a very weak Kristen Susan Marlena situation only times two, with Adrienne and Bonnie thrown into the mix. I like that the actresses are having fun with it but I'm baffled when people say this their scenes are "hilarious". Haven't laughed once. It's just a little less uptight than normal. I'll take it of course, but in watching old Hattie/Bonnie scenes online, this isn't half as entertaining.

Post-Rape Of Eric Kristen was definitely a different creature then the Kristen I had grown to love. She was more generic bitchy villainess manipulating her way into people's lives...but Eileen made it watchable. If you're saying that you don't really care for the performance she gave the last few times around I'm not going to argue that, but the writing wasn't exactly stellar either. She made out with and nearly slept with Dan for pity's sake....

I meant more that she's really good - or was really good - at playing Susan-playing-Kristen. She was also really good at playing Kristen-playing-Susan. Deidre can't do stuff like that and I'm questioning now whether Judi can either. Is it just at the directors are failing them and not telling them that they need to turn the performance up or down? Small examples: Bonnie should not be able to summon up tears as easily as Adrienne does. That's just Judi acting as Judi does and always has. Also, Hattie should not blink and flit her hair the way Marlena always does. She should have her own physical tics. Those are the kinds of things Eileen is really good at cracking down on. Maybe it's because, as pointed out, the Susan character has always been a bit more of a cartoon, but I'm still going to give her credit for making it so easy to tell which woman is which. Susan even has different vocal intonations than Kristen. When Susan Banks was on the show the last time I listened to see if there were any moments where it sounded just like Kristen doing an impersonation and it never did. Eileen can give the characters very specific movements and deliveries and that makes all of the doppelgangers such fun to watch.

Absolutely. Yes, please. I really want to see Edmund.

I think the detente between Susan and Stefano was a very minor plot point in a storyline that it was ultimately changed. When she returned, she certainly was frightened of Stefano's voice. She said that she just let EJ live with Stefano because she knew he gave him access to a grander way of life then she could offer.

I wouldn't mind seeing her be a little bit more refined and worldly but never to the point we'll lose her twangy almost juvenile nature. Edmund loved her for who she was and I don't see her having to change much.

Yeah, I never understood Hattie's release from jail.  I'm going to assume that Hope was able to turn in a portion of the evidence that would free Hattie but not incriminate Andre.  I also am not happy with the idea of making Hattie evil.  She was never a "saint" but her impersonating Marlena now after all that she has been through over the years seems a little outdated.  Like others have said I would of much rather seen Hattie charm Roman as her own self while also simultaneously annoying John and Marlena.  I would of also liked to see her continue her friendship with Hope. 

Hattie's saving grace was always the fact that she didn't ultimately go through with impersonating Marlena  20 years ago.  I would much rather see her in Salem trying to get with Roman, annoying John and Marlena, seeking revenge on Andre, and hanging out with Hope. 

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Bonnie, too.  She was never an evil character.

Amen, she was always a little rough around the edges and duplicitous but she really did love her children and Mickey.  I can see the idea of her going to prison is what hardened her and she resents that but I don't know if we will get that perspective.

• Love 4

The doppelganger story is an epic failure. How does Bonnie know enough about Adrienne to be able to play her. She has never met her. Bonnie was never meant to be her double. Just like the actor that plays Roman used to play Chris on the show who liked Marlena and took Kayla's virginity. I think the original sanitorium story with Marlena and Samantha worked because Sam was an actress and her twin.

I think that Ron should have had Marlena's disappearance connected to you know who that is coming back in the fall. Anjelica should have come back for Alex, wanting a  relationship with him. Alex could have rejected her as his mother. That could have been the impetus for old resentments to come back. Anjelica still wanting Justin makes no sense.

This is just my opinion. I feel that the best actors to have played dual roles in daytime were David Canary as Adam/Stuart,Kate Collins as Natalie/Janet on  All My Children and Anne Heche as Vicky/Marley on Another world.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5

Yes to all those three but big thanks for mentioning

Kate Collins as Natalie/Janet on  All My Children

because I watched that years ago but never remembered the actress' name! She was creepy but human as the brunette sister...

Anne Heche was incredible as Vicky/Marley. I wonder if people still talk to her about that role..

• Love 4

Ooh, Theo's attack on Abe was heart breaking.

Ugh, I cannot stand Julie.

Dammit, with Abe in jail, Brandon should be in town.

Loved Bonnie's reaction when Steve said the people at Statesville is a bunch of lowlifes.  :D

I guess nobody cares that Steve lied about Ava's murder, legal-wise.

Butt out, Jennifer.

"Didn't think enough about how this would affect Theo."  Then you weren't thinking at all, were you, Abe?

Joey's goodbye should have been a Friday episode.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I meant more that she's really good - or was really good - at playing Susan-playing-Kristen. She was also really good at playing Kristen-playing-Susan. Deidre can't do stuff like that and I'm questioning now whether Judi can either. Is it just at the directors are failing them and not telling them that they need to turn the performance up or down? Small examples: Bonnie should not be able to summon up tears as easily as Adrienne does. That's just Judi acting as Judi does and always has. Also, Hattie should not blink and flit her hair the way Marlena always does. She should have her own physical tics. Those are the kinds of things Eileen is really good at cracking down on. Maybe it's because, as pointed out, the Susan character has always been a bit more of a cartoon, but I'm still going to give her credit for making it so easy to tell which woman is which. Susan even has different vocal intonations than Kristen.

You know, I don't actually disagree with anything you say here. I just find that, at least in Kristen's most recent appearances, the show has abandoned anything this complex, and simply written Kristen as broadly, loudly and campily as possible. I don't enjoy that. Susan always was a little bit more of a cartoon -- personally, I always found the teeth a bit unnecessary; we get it, she's a hick! And certainly no one involved in the show seems interested in paying attention to the details that make, say, Bonnie a fully realized character in her own right, to say nothing of giving her an emotional and physical distinctness from Adrienne. Then again, it's not like Adrienne has a lot of layers her own self right now. A lot of history, yes; but once more the show seems content to coast on what the characters used to be. That might just be the problem right across the board.

3 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

"Didn't think enough about how this would affect Theo."  Then you weren't thinking at all, were you, Abe?

That sounds awfully out of character for Abe, really.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 2

the show seems content to coast on what the characters used to be. That might just be the problem right across the board.

Oh definitely. Adrienne has been on this show for several years now but I have no clue who she is as a person. I guess I'm supposed to root for her and Justin because they were once hot for each other 25 years ago? If you say so.

So I just watched Monday's episode in its entirety and was surprisingly moved at Nicole's confession and the flashbacks. It never occurred to me that Deimos would have been the one to push for Holly to go into foster care. I don't buy that he would want to change her diapers and raise her, mind you, but its a good explanation to motivate Nicole to kill him while drugged up. Plus we already knew that judge was corrupt because he was the one who granted Kristen bail when she was first dragged to court for raping Eric.

• Love 2

Bye Joey. Guess you'll be back a few months from now as a re-cast.

The whole family had to come to the Brady Pub - even Aunt Julie?

Hattie would have been better off coming to Salem, looking up Hope and then being introduced to Roman - as Hattie. Maybe he can like her for who she is and not a lookalike for his ex-wife.

Liked Abe working with Eli in terms of maybe bringing Raines down. Too bad about Theo, though. His criminality as far as he knows, is nothing on his dad's!

Bonnie will slip up and has already. 'Adrienne's' behaviour has been a bit odd.

• Love 3

I teared up seeing Steve and Kayla kiss and hold their little boy, Joey, their miracle child . He was really the last chance of them of having a family.  Steve and Kayla were robbed of having a family first with  Stefanie and then with Joey. Tripp was so unnecessary and I am not looking forward to Kayla making peace with him, just to make Steve happy.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I teared up seeing Steve and Kayla kiss and hold their little boy, Joey, their miracle child . He was really the last chance of them of having a family.  Steve and Kayla were robbed of having a family first with  Stefanie and then with Joey. Tripp was so unnecessary and I am not looking forward to Kayla making peace with him, just to make Steve happy.

Who says it'd just be to make Steve happy?  If she does make peace with him, it'd be because she will be happy to do so, not just because she wants to make Steve happy.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Star Aristille said:

Who says it'd just be to make Steve happy?  If she does make peace with him, it'd be because she will be happy to do so, not just because she wants to make Steve happy.

Kayla always gives in to Steve and it always backfires on her. Tripp is just the latest example..

• Love 3

I'm glad the actual murderer has been revealed, and I'm cool with it being Nicole. 

I'm glad Chad and Abby are reconciled even if it has been rushed. I've become a pretty big fan of MM. She makes me care about Abby. I'd love to see how she'd play it if she ever had to revisit all that shady EJ affair shit that Abby pulled back in the day. 

I'm glad this Joey/Ava murder crap is wrapping up, but it's just so ridiculous that Trip was all psycho avenger when he thought Kayla was guilty, and, now that he knows it was Joey, he's all, "that's totally cool, bro." WTH? 

Shut up, Theo. 

Bonnie sucks at being Adrienne, huh? I guess she's not very intuitive. I mean, if you were going to impersonate someone, and you're caught off guard in certain situations, try being a little more vague and noncommittal and less abrasive for heaven's sake. I guess we're just supposed to think she's just stupid?

Edited by Rowan
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, Sandman said:

YES.  One more YES.  Hell, make that a hundred yeses.  ED is very good on Y+R, and once upon a time was good on Days.  It's not her fault that the writing and characterization sucks on Days for her characters, but it does.  Kristen, while repellent, is passable, solely due to Eileen, but nothing, nobody, can make Susan anything other than cringeworthy.  

If, by any chance, she can take out the Corleone wannabe and his breath mint groom, permanently, then she'll at least have served a purpose.

• Love 2

Breath mint groom -> ROTFL.

I'd love to see how she'd play it if she ever had to revisit all that shady EJ affair shit that Abby pulled back in the day.

Me too. I really liked that glimpse of bitchy Abby we saw when Abigail was reading Kate the riot act about her preferring Gabi for Chad and reminding her that she was staying in their house (As if Kate hadn't been living there long before they ever moved in). I really want to see MM tap into bitchy Abigail again, but if it's about the EJ affair I really don't want to see her back paddle on it or get all weepy and flimsy. Kate Mansi made it very clear how much Abigail believed she and EJ were soulmates. for Abigail to randomly decide that the whole thing was just some minor misstep would severely piss me off. As far as I'm concerned Chad was the one mature enough to overlook it. Abigail should still definitely feel drawn to EJ and maybe even be proud of the fact that she managed to boink him so many times.

Dang. Now I'm picturing Marci and James in confrontation scenes together and how much that would rock.

Kristen, while repellent, is passable, solely due to Eileen, but nothing, nobody, can make Susan anything other than cringeworthy.

Boes, I thought I liked you, I really, really, really did. Butcha know what? You know what Mr Boes? You're as mean, mean, mean as that vampire Kristain, yes sir. Yes you are! And I don't want any of that evil around these here nice message boards! So you go evil! You just go!

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Breath mint groom -> ROTFL.

Me too. I really liked that glimpse of bitchy Abby we saw when Abigail was reading Kate the riot act about her preferring Gabi for Chad and reminding her that she was staying in their house (As if Kate hadn't been living there long before they ever moved in). I really want to see MM tap into bitchy Abigail again, but if it's about the EJ affair I really don't want to see her back paddle on it or get all weepy and flimsy. Kate Mansi made it very clear how much Abigail believed she and EJ were soulmates. for Abigail to randomly decide that the whole thing was just some minor misstep would severely piss me off. As far as I'm concerned Chad was the one mature enough to overlook it. Abigail should still definitely feel drawn to EJ and maybe even be proud of the fact that she managed to boink him so many times.

Dang. Now I'm picturing Marci and James in confrontation scenes together and how much that would rock.

Boes, I thought I liked you, I really, really, really did. Butcha know what? You know what Mr Boes? You're as mean, mean, mean as that vampire Kristain, yes sir. Yes you are! And I don't want any of that evil around these here nice message boards! So you go evil! You just go!

Ugh NO it was a nightmare...Mansi was so delusional, this storyline was disgusting and a gross mess and the trashiest of the trash..James loathed it by the way (and he was damn right), his character was out of character at its worst and did not have any real pov. It was character destruction and a total wrong move from this soap tptb. Doing that whereas it is the last year of their two most popular actors (JS and AS)..pathetic.

And it was not even worthy to call it an 'affair' it was two repulsive hook ups.

Moreover Sami would eat her at breakfast, she is not in her league and never will be ! 

The Abby's character is a failure and the epitome of hypocrite with these type of stories..if we talk about the Ej's fiasco let's talk about Austin too...she believed he was her soulmate too..

Let's just forget this abomination, thank you. And she did not boink him so many times..nah just two times and using threats and blackmail to succeed..not something to be proud, after that Ej became Ej again and rejected her again and again.

This story made many of us say goodbye to this show so not a good move talking again about this trash (no other words for it).

Edited by pau
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Star Aristille said:

I don't think her motivation for something that hasn't happened yet is clear, one way or the other.  But it is a pattern for them that Kayla forgives people who have hurt her, for Steve's sake.  Steve always wants his family whole, no matter the cost.  She's already let him off the hook for his crimes against her, but I don't think it was because it made her happy.

Today's scenes were a mixed bag for me.  I liked the idea of Steve crossing into the Bonnie story, and I liked the idea of Steve and Kayla reminiscing over Joey's birth.  Stephen and Mary Beth are great.  But the writing for the Steve/Kayla drama just felt like a lot of people nagging Kayla instead of really airing the situation out, and Steve and Kayla set aside their problems without making real progress.  I'd rather have seen more dialogue about Joey himself, than Joey guilting his parents about their relationship again.  Bonnie was funny, but it didn't match up all that well with the other material.

Did other things happen?  I liked the "twist" with Eli and Abe.  And the Bonnie/Justin/Lucas stuff has potential, but it still feels like Lucas/Adrienne are the rooting couple, which I will never understand.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, lska said:

I liked the "twist" with Eli and Abe.

I did, too.  And it even seemed like Hope was also in on it, based on how calm she was with Julie when she was reaming her out for arresting Abe.  Also, did anyone catch the total stink-eye she gave Raines behind his back in her scene with him and Eli?  She totally knows what's what.

3 minutes ago, lska said:

And the Bonnie/Justin/Lucas stuff has potential, but it still feels like Lucas/Adrienne are the rooting couple, which I will never understand.

I don't get it, either.  On absolutely zero boards that I peruse are Lucas and Adrienne being rooted for.  The writers can't possibly think that this is what the fans want.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Star Aristille said:

I did, too.  And it even seemed like Hope was also in on it, based on how calm she was with Julie when she was reaming her out for arresting Abe.  Also, did anyone catch the total stink-eye she gave Raines behind his back in her scene with him and Eli?  She totally knows what's what.

I don't get it, either.  On absolutely zero boards that I peruse are Lucas and Adrienne being rooted for.  The writers can't possibly think that this is what the fans want.

As much as I loathe the doppelganger story, I think that Ron is using Bonnie to show that Lucas/Adrienne are not soulmates. I think that Justin will figure it out as time goes on. Not to mention, this type of story does not fit Justin/Adrienne, it fits Marlena and John to a T.  

• Love 3
On 8/18/2017 at 3:39 PM, Apprentice79 said:

You would have to look it up on youtube, if it is still there. They have been purging videos of Days off of it.  Look up the John/Marlena/Roman triangle. Isabella was dead and Kate in the form of the wonderful Deborah Adair was there..

this is hard to believe!

hate chad and abby together. . hate hope. 

and the thing i remember most from yesterday was jennifer's hair. is melissa reeves in some weird cult like religion where they are forbidden to cut or color their hair? give the girl a damn wig then. she looks horrible! she can not possibly think that looks any kind ok. i just am baffled. i want to know why she keeps her hair grayish,  long,  stringy, and greasy stuck to her head looking. it's not even retro. it's witch like.

11 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Bonnie will slip up and has already. 'Adrienne's' behaviour has been a bit odd.

I'd say that Naydrienne's behaviour has been more than odd. The scene in the Brady Pub between Jennifer and Bonnie made me think that Bonnie isn't supposed to be that bright -- or possibly her social skills are more limited than Theo's. Jennifer can be, er, a bit self-righteous -- but she's telling (as far as she knows) her friend and colleague Adrienne about how heartbroken her brother is, and Naydrienne's response is "You seem pretty mad." And then she tells Jennifer's that she's not to be judged, because she's not the one hooked on pain pills. Bonnie has absolutely no reason to say such a randomly cruel thing, let alone Adrienne. That made absolutely no sense. Is Bonnie supposed to be developmentally delayed in some way? Has she never interacted with adults before? (I don't count Dumb Hattie and Miss Piggy, obviously.) There is a difference between "I don't have a relationship with these people" and "I was raised among wolves." This is some crappy-ass writing.

The scene in Bonnie's hotel room was worse -- I admit I laughed at "What is he, a pirate?" but the tone of the scene was off -- Steve was pouring his heart out to his "sister," and it was being played for laughs, complete with weirdly jaunty circus music on the soundtrack. Freaky Friday didn't have a scene about a cousin going to prison for murder for a reason, show! Damn.

46 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Also, did anyone catch the total stink-eye she gave Raines behind his back in her scene with him and Eli?  She totally knows what's what.

Indeed. As soon as Eli made that crack about someone using a high public office for his own gain and Hope side-eyed Raines, I knew Abe was part of a sting operation. Even Eli's scene with his grandmother was so restrained I thought that Eli was saying a whole lot less than he knew. Though for once, I couldn't fault Julie's logic: Abe didn't have anything to gain from being a counterfeiter, except money, which he does not need (I'm sticking to my idea of Abe's being a Mary Kay rep on the side, though).

Did anyone catch the messed-up line the showrunners left in? Instead of saying "If he's the kind of man you say he is," Eli said "if you say he is the kind of man he is," which makes the kind of sense that's not. I don't think the fellow playing Eli is a good actor.

Speaking of not good, Joey's leaving felt sort of random, since Lastovic couldn't muster even a flicker of emotion for the occasion. Too bad. Evans and Nichols were working their tails off, as usual.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 3

And it was not even worthy to call it an 'affair' it was two repulsive hook ups.

Three: Cabin, gym shower, storage closet.

On absolutely zero boards that I peruse are Lucas and Adrienne being rooted for. 

I would feel a lot better about this if Anne were to show up at some point soon. I'm really hoping she's the one that Lucas rebounds with, but Ron hasn't written a single scene for her yet.

is melissa reeves in some weird cult like religion where they are forbidden to cut or color their hair?

Depends on what you think of Christianity. A bit off topic, but didn't Melissa Reeves support Chick-fil-A during their scandal few years back? some people still refer to her by referencing Chick-fil-A but I've forgotten exactly what those details were. In any event she's quite religious and has brought a severe church lady vibe to the character for years. I don't mind a woman on the show going gray naturally and look forward to seeing Deidre embrace that if she ever chooses to, but I agree that something should be done about Jennifer's look. It's not sexy.

21 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Three: Cabin, gym shower, storage closet.

Seriously ? Ugh no the storage closet scene they never went all the way..even talking about it make me want to vomit so i will stop here..there were several awkward make out sessions indeed in this vain and trashy storyline but not many all the way hook ups, only two actually and it was already too much..

And all these scenes were disgusting even outside the trashy context, because Abby looked like a child next to Ej and the actress acted like she was in a porno..it was distasteful and filthy to say the least..

ps: the one who had this storyline idea should be hanged tbh and don't even get me start on Corday who greenlight these type of stories..

Edited by pau
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, pau said:

Seriously ? Ugh no the storage closet scene they never went all the way..even talking about it make me want to vomit so i will stop here..there were several awkward make out seasions indeed in this vain and trashy storyline but not many all the way hook ups, only two actually and it was already too much..and all these scenes were digusting because Abby looked like a child next to Ej and she acted like she was in a porno..it is distasteful and filthy to say the least..ps: the one who had this storyline idea should be hanged tbh and don't even get me start on Corday who greenlight these type of stories..

Not to mention, Kate Mansi's awful faces that she made when she was simulating sex with EJ as Abby...She was an awful actress.  The show should have made Abby embrace her inherent nastiness and go for broke. They tried to make her into a heroine like Jennifer and Hope back when they were rootable heroines and they failed..

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Not to mention, Kate Mansi's awful faces that she made when she was simulating sex with EJ as Abby...She was an awful actress.  The show should have made Abby embrace her inherent nastiness and go for broke. They tried to make her into a heroine like Jennifer and Hope back when they were rootable heroines and they failed..

Yeah i don't know what was the actress's problem..but she had one..big time..it was totally gross and wtf.

And after that they wanted the audience to root for this character and she was supposed to be an 'innocent heroine'..ugh..lol.

Edited by pau
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, pau said:

Yeah i don't know what was the actress's problem..but she had one..big time..it was totally gross and wtf.

And after that they wanted the audience to root for this character and she was supposed to be an 'innocent heroine'..ugh..lol.

Exactly!  Abigail was not a heroine at all. 

• Love 4

To be fair, I think someone can still be very sexually active and be a hero or heroine. I don't think her having gratuitous sex scenes should make her less rootable. I think the problem was that she always went after unavailable men and played mind games with them and still acted very judgmental towards everybody else. And entitled. I'm still not over the fact that she thought she deserved a designer dress for her wedding and refused to settle for anything less. Shut up!

• Love 5
Just now, DisneyBoy said:

To be fair, I think someone can still be very sexually active and be a hero or heroine. I don't think her having gratuitous sex scenes should make her less rootable. I think the problem was that she always went after unavailable men and played mind games with them and still acted very judgmental towards everybody else. And entitled. I'm still not over the fact that she thought she deserved a designer dress for her wedding and refused to settle for anything less. Shut up!

Being sexual is not what I am saying. She was sleazy in the way that she went after Austin and EJ.

• Love 3

A drunk Lucas is very amusing. "Have a talk with Bloody Mary" and his dig at Eric at the end. If it means BD has more screen time falling off the wagon then so be it.

• Love 7
31 minutes ago, rcc said:

A drunk Lucas is very amusing. "Have a talk with Bloody Mary" and his dig at Eric at the end. If it means BD has more screen time falling off the wagon then so be it.

The Kate/Lucas dynamic has always been fascinating to me. They only had each other for years. Their bond should have been very strong, yet, it is fractured. Lucas was right today, Kate has always felt that Lucas was a disappointment. Kate's strength as a character for me comes in her role as a mother. She has a different dynamic with each of her kids. It is what drew me to her initially, when she was played by the incandescent Deborah Adair. Sherry truly made her a sympathetic character, even, when she did some underhanded things. There was a heart underneath there. I no longer see that, she is just a welcome mat, for men over 50.. Sad!

• Love 4

I was liking drunk Lucas until it seemed that he was just walking all over town with a bottle in his hand announcing that he had fallen off the wagon. That's when it became a bit cartoonish. Someone page Anne! You have a window of opportunity here girl!!

This was a good episode. I like seeing Andre start to get evil again. I really hope Ron and Sheri can come up with something good for him to justify this extremely slow burn that he's been on since he came back to town.

if Brady was smart he would immediately find a place to destroy the talisman. Why stash it in a drawer with no lock on it?

I'm glad to see Jennifer's reluctant about Abigail and Chad remarrying. It's way too fast and Abigail is nowhere near stable enough to get back into that rocky boat.

Since I heard that Ron and Sheri rewrote the end of the Deimos murder mystery story, who you think the original killer was?

• Love 3

I kind of love that despite the allegedly epic love of Chad and Abby, no one seem enthralled that they're back together.  Both Kate and Jennifer seem worried that Chad and Abby are moving to fast by getting re-engaged so quickly--if the Chabby is so "meant to be" then the moms should be crying tears of joy, not doubting them.  Awesome :):)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

It was Victor via Xander..

How do you know?

If Xander did originally do the deed then does that mean the flashback conversation we saw between him and Victor where he said he wanted more money was a rewrite and a reshoot?

5 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

How do you know?

If Xander did originally do the deed then does that mean the flashback conversation we saw between him and Victor where he said he wanted more money was a rewrite and a reshoot?

I read it somewhere, that was Dena's ending and Ron changed it to Nicole. We are currently seeing Dena's pile of shit that Ron has tweaked to flow into his stories in September.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

So Brady's brother is marrying Brady's cousin?  That's... not actually incestual, but sure sounds like it.  This show is so messed up; everyone is related to everyone. 

They've run out of new characters.  Don't forget that Will and Sonny were married, and they were both cousins to Abigail and JJ.

• Love 2

For some reason, I don't hold the Austin stuff against Abby as much as I do the EJ affair. I can't remember exactly, but maybe it's because Carrie had a case of the hots for Rafe's boring ass at the time. I honestly can't recall if Carrie had already started feeling Rafe yet, but maybe also because I still considered Abby's youth as a factor in her bad decision making.

Now, the EJ stuff was sleazy, and KM and JS just didn't have enough chemistry to help mitigate that.  However, MM's Abby is almost a completely different animal, and I do think it would be interesting to see her deal with some of Abby's past recklessness. As much as I like Chad/Abby, I'm down for any interesting story that arrives organically. She screwed his brother. That's something to be mined. Oh well, it's just spitballing on my part. 

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Rowan said:

For some reason, I don't hold the Austin stuff against Abby as much as I do the EJ affair. I can't remember exactly, but maybe it's because Carrie had a case of the hots for Rafe's boring ass at the time. I honestly can't recall if Carrie had already started feeling Rafe yet, but maybe also because I still considered Abby's youth as a factor in her bad decision making.

Now, the EJ stuff was sleazy, and KM and JS just didn't have enough chemistry to help mitigate that.  However, MM's Abby is almost a completely different animal, and I do think it would be interesting to see her deal with some of Abby's past recklessness. As much as I like Chad/Abby, I'm down for any interesting story that arrives organically. She screwed his brother. That's something to be mined. Oh well, it's just spitballing on my part. 

How about Mia coming back when Abby  was presumed dead ? she could have become obsessed with Thomas and Chad by extension, due to losing, their daughter Grace, all those years ago. Perhaps, Gabi becomes concern and they clash, this could have been the beginning of a true love story between Gabi and Chad.   They could have done that story, instead of creating a fake backstory between Gabi and Chad.  Mia had history with  Nicole, Sydney, Sami, Will, Gabi and Chad.  Why does this show ignore their rich history.. I will never not be astounded by that fact.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Rowan said:

Well no..Ej and Sami (and JS/AS)  have been used enough in order to prop and give storylines to other characters, particularly Abby..even if the Abby recast is less a disaster (i don't know, i don't watch this show anymore but it could never be worse than Kate Mansi slutty, trashy version) And she was not the original adult version, it was Ashley Benson who is now pretty famous for pretty little liars. 

So i say leave Ej and Sami alone and if Abby and Chad are interesting characters, they should manage to get interesting storylines without using others imo..

• Love 3