Type keyword(s) to search

AS4, S4: Chris March

• Start Topic

He's funny, mature and a little crazy in a good way. I find him refreshingly authentic. And I love his designs.

That being said, I don't see him winning this. The judges will either love or hate each thing he sends down the runway - no middle ground - and eventually just auf him (is it still aufing if Heidi isn't there to do it?)

• Love 1

I am so incredibly excited to see Chris on this show! I watched all of the early seasons of Project Runway but then dropped off after awhile and only recently have gotten back into it.  He was definitely a favorite of mine back in Season 4. He has a great personality and put out awesome work.  He's definitely my favorite for this season!

I loved that kilt. The top didn't quite work for me but the kilt was genius. And watching him practically erupt with glee as the judges made it clear they understood exactly what he was doing and where he was going was another source of pleasure for me.

• Love 1

I think they need to create a new position and let Chris just sit in the corner of the workroom and comment on the crazy that happens.   I love that his snarky comments that are so true, but never hurtful--he has a very worldly sense of humor.

I am happy to see him--he has a very unique talent and although he sometimes goes over the top with designs, when he hits it, he does it well.

Something seems off with Chris this season. Like all the joy has been sucked out of him. There's been little snark and none of his trademark laugh. And I never thought I'd see him standing in front of the judges tattling on other designers, but really just making excuses for himself. He's always been one of my favorites, but I think he's gone to the PR well too many times. I agree with sleepyjean, he shouldn't have come back.

• Love 6

Something seems off with Chris this season. Like all the joy has been sucked out of him. There's been little snark and none of his trademark laugh. And I never thought I'd see him standing in front of the judges tattling on other designers, but really just making excuses for himself. He's always been one of my favorites, but I think he's gone to the PR well too many times. I agree with sleepyjean, he shouldn't have come back.

I blame the stupid one day timelines. His face looked full of regret last night, like "What the hell did I get myself into? What happened to the Project Runway I was on?"

I loved his Bravo show Mad Fashion.  But even there, where he usually had forty-eight hours and his madcap crew to produce his outrageous outfits, he tended to get tense and grumpy about the time restrictions. I honestly can't fathom what would draw him back to PR with its idiotically stress-inducing and creativity-stifling series of less-than-twenty-four-hour challenges. Money, I'm assuming, but I thought he was doing quite well on his own.

• Love 1

He was always kind of grumpy and bitchy, but seemed to snap out of it a little more readily.  That's what got to me watching him on this week's episode.  Like he couldn't just roll his eyes and get on with it.  He really was lucky to stay this week, that dress was awful.

I noticed that Chris seems to be sitting more than the other people, and I wonder if it's his weight.  It seems like sometimes it's kind of hard for him to breathe, and I also wonder if that also is due to his weight, or maybe just attitude.  I don't know, but he seems to be having a hard time existing.

I agree that he didn't have the same buoyant energy and humor he showed in his first run, but he remained courteous and open and, while always opinionated, he wasn't judgmental. I'm sorry his time on All-Stars was so short (and I thought Helen should have gone that particular week) but also agree that he doesn't really need AS to 'launch' his career.

His client list includes Lady Gaga, Beyonce, Meryl Streep and Cirque du Soleil. So what the hell is he doing there?

He doesn't seem like a money grubbing person, so I am assuming from his words and his actions on the show he thought it would interesting to get back into PR, seeing as that he was on it many years ago and wasn't keeping up with it regularly.

He also had a line of huge wigs made of foam for Halloween at Target.  I'm amazed at his ability to find his way in the world without losing his aesthetic.   The wigs were just so Chris March and I noticed they sold out fast.

I tried to get one last year and every Target in our area was sold out. He brings a lot of fun to style, and is not only true to himself, but encourages others to do the same.

And that gown he did for Meryl Streep was, IMO, the best thing she ever wore in public.

• Love 1

And that gown he did for Meryl Streep was, IMO, the best thing she ever wore in public.

I found photos of two he did, one black and one white, and both were way better than pretty much anything else I've seen her in on the red carpet. She should get him to dress her for every awards show.

• Love 2

Seriously, get a DVR.  It will CHANGE YOUR LIFE.  ;)

You can get an older Tivo with lifetime service for very little money on Ebay.

Ha. This is EXACTLY what my older sister said to me. And it's true.