Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E01: And the Reality Problem

Lisin

This does not sound like a very promising start.

No...  It takes a lot for me to do this, but I actually took this off my DVR program list.  I wanted to like it and kept hoping it would bring the funny season after season, and while I thought I was no prude, I find I tire of the raunchy jokes very quickly.  It seems that's all it really brings, and not particularly clever jokes either--and that might be great for some people, but I just realized I never enjoy this show so why was I still watching?  I realize it's probably weird I'm even commenting on it--but I will probably check in here and there to see if there is ever any improvement (but at this point, I'm guessing it's gonna be how it's gonna be.) I like the actresses, just not in this.

• Love 1

I like this show, but Yeesh!  Kardashian?  Nope.

I'm another one who will not watch this epi due to the featured guests. I refuse to watch, read, click, like, etc. anything that has to do with that famewhore family.

• Love 4

The only good thing about this episode was Caroline's haircut.  It's cute!

Waaaaaaaayyyy too much Sophie.  And I can understand about 30% of what she says.

Also, Kim K's ass needs its own zip code.

• Love 2

Thank god she was only in one scene. And her stupid line "super awkward" didn't even fit the scene. I thought Caroline's hair looked horrible at the beginning - I guess that was a wig and she cut it over the summer. It looks much better shorter with the natural wave than pin straight.

Agree - waaaay too much Sophie.

I too wondered initially why Caroline's hair looked so weird in the beginning. Duh, Beth's hair was already short and she was wearing a wig.

How does Kim find jeans? Does she wear jeans?

Max's fake Kardashian names were funny.

I see we're still giving Sophie the "Urkel" welcome.

• Love 1
IDK comparing K's assets, the K that wins is Kat, maybe I'm more of an upstairs guy..

They missed an easy joke to have Max say that if she and Kim were fused together in a nuclear accident they could rule the universe.

Edited by Chicken Wing
  • Love 3

I like that the show addressed the declining demand for cupcake shops. I wonder if in the future episodes will Max be branching out and making the bread for the $4.00 toast Han wants. She's a skilled enough baker and should be able to handle that.

I know the show has always been OTT with the sexual innuendo, but something about the story Han was telling about the toast squicked me out a bit. 

• Love 1

If Caroline got her hair stuck between the bed and the headboard because Max started to lift the bed up, why didn't they just lift the bed up again to free her? It's not like it could have gotten all tangled up in the coils or anything, it's a pretty basic (and uncomfortable looking) murphy bed, just a platform and a mattress. I do prefer the new hairstyle, but the way they got there seemed dumb. It also felt like something that had to be inserted into the episode to explain the actress's new hairstyle because it was wildly out of place with the rest of the episode.

• Love 3

If Caroline got her hair stuck between the bed and the headboard because Max started to lift the bed up, why didn't they just lift the bed up again to free her? It's not like it could have gotten all tangled up in the coils or anything, it's a pretty basic (and uncomfortable looking) murphy bed, just a platform and a mattress. I do prefer the new hairstyle, but the way they got there seemed dumb. It also felt like something that had to be inserted into the episode to explain the actress's new hairstyle because it was wildly out of place with the rest of the episode.

Yes. I wondered about that too. I've never thought about the mechanics of a murphy bed, but now that I think about it, it doesn't seem like this should've been that hard to fix.  I do not understand why TV feels the need to 'explain' why a character gets their hair cut. People in real life change their hair all the time. This is a normal activity that doesn't really require exposition. 

• Love 1

Caroline is abnormally attached to her long locks so I guess they would need a real, pressing reason for her to want/have to cut it. But I too was trying to figure out what her hair was caught on that it was so impossible to untangle it. Max cut off a decent length. I would think Caroline's whole head would have been wedged between the mattress and the wall for her hair to get caught that far up. Or maybe it wasn't tangled that far and Max just cut further up because she felt like it. :)

Edited by Chicken Wing

The only funny part was Max doing Kardashian first names, but still not as funny as when they did the same thing in Book of Mormon.

The rest of the episode was pretty dumb and as someone who pays very little attention to Kardashian Klan, I was amazed at her shape-that is truly unnatural and unattractive.

• Love 1

I decided to watch when I read that the sex tape star Kim was only in one scene (why does she insist on wearing things so tight they leave unflattering rolls on her body).  Still it was just to give a family who does nothing more of a showcase and I am so so stupid for watching and falling for it. To have an episode about this family and their show is the problem.  Keep giving this family reasons to stay in the spot light when they do nothing at all.  I uld love Max and her rant more if she stayed with her rant and didn't cave at the end. 

Good gosh can Sophie just be shipped off to Poland NEVER to be heard from again....please???  I think her character is worse than any Kardashian ever was/is.

• Love 1

I thought this was a mildly amusing episode.  It pretty much has all the elements you'd expect from this show.  I too liked them mentioning the decline in popularity of cupcakes.

Edited by Camera One