Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E14: Judgment Day

• Start Topic

The whole "It's a Boy" story had nothing negative to do with RHNJ or her castmates.  It was all about the Giudices making a buck.  For the castmates to be so upset and petty about it was ridiculous and spoke more to their envy than anything else.  They were mad IMO that Teresa was getting covers and they weren't.  Teresa got the cookbook, not Caroline, Teresa got the Vow Renewal (not Jac), Melissa and Kathy couldn't unthrone her despite all the ganging up that crew was doing. Teresa was like the Teflon Don - here she is with bankruptcy and bankruptcy fraud allegations floating around and the tabloids are STILL chasing after her.  She gets Celeb Apprentice!  Are you kidding me?! Celeb Apprentice? All from a table flip?  They are green with envy.

Teresa wasn't going to talk about her case on camera.  The quotes she gave to magazines were innocuous about the case and could be rehearsed and gone over with her lawyer if necessary.  Jac boohooing because she read a cover that "Teresa worried about Juicy Joe Going to the Big House" was just Jac histrionics, which we got a good look at the other night.  Jac was mad. But seeing how it seems to be more mad at being left out of the loop than anything else, makes the whole magazine fiasco much ado about nothing for me.  Joe and Teresa were making money any way they could.  I think Melissa is the only one who really understood this and was trying as hard as she could to jump on that tabloid bandwagon.

The story Jacqueline was quoting from had Teresa's bankruptcy attorney, Jim Kridel, saying that there was a possibility Teresa could go to prison, when the Giudice's BK was not discharged.  So Jacqueline asked Teresa about it and Teresa said-"talk to my attorney."  The story also spoke of Joe going to prison and Teresa being left without the support of her brother and his wife and the rest of the cast. The story then had quotes from inside sources essentially disparaging  Teresa and not being supportive of her.  The "It's A Boy" story was a different story.

What the group was angry with Teresa about is she continually lied about receiving money for the stories.  She lied to Andy, after there was a news item from the publisher saying how much she was paid.  Joe said she was paid, the magazine who paid her said she was paid and she continued to deny it.  I noticed one of the charges she plead guilty to was concealment of income and one of the items listed was magazine stories.  What Caroline and Jacqueline were upset about is they had continually turned down offers and in doing so they were still a part of articles and it was unflattering.

I do believe Caroline was also angry over she and her family being sued over the Punta Canta incident that Teresa started.  Obviously Caroline could not say that on camera so they used the silly cookbook quotes.

Most of all Seasons 3 and 4 I think the others felt exploited by Teresa. 

• Love 5

Did you see anyone shed actual tears? Some of them could barely hide their glee: Nicole, Richie....

Ha.  Because I'm not watching the episodes but reading along here, I'm not totally familiar with all the 'characters'.  So when I read your post, my first thought was, "Nicole Richie???  What was SHE doing there."  Duhr.

• Love 4

Is there any place more reliable saying Jac is "back"? Dina not resigning puts a damper on that storyline. The Manzo show is tanking, and considering the last few seasons of RH not exactly doing great in the raitings to begin with, the idea of giving Jac more money at this point seems very hard to believe. I felt cheated that she came back half way through, because I had said to myself at the end of season 5 I would not watch another season of Jac because my feelings on showing Nicholas, so I felt free to watch... then Boom. 

At any point in this episode did Dina mention an auction that was done? I saw Melissa had blogged about she and Joe "had a great time collecting items to auction" for the event. But I cannot recall anything being said about an auction.

• Love 1

They would have needed a lot of cameras for a live auction at a charity, I think.  I don't know that a realtime "friendly" auction would tape well.

I saw that the $50,000 check was presented from the event.  I managed a gala last year for a small nfp and we had 220 people at a gala and cleared, after expenses, almost $120K. If the venue, food, wine, auction items, decorations, "models" were all donated - that means the high rollers (give me a break) spent about $250 a piece for tickets/auction items combined.  That's not a high roller event.  The local hospital where I live grosses $500,000 at their annual gala, net of $400,000.  YAWN on Dina as a event planning benefactress.   She wouldn't last long in the nfp/event planning world with those kind of numbers.  I did a golf outing last year that netted $54,000 with only 100 golfers and we had to pay for the golf and food.  

Someone I get the impression there's always one lone camera person assigned to RHONJ.  One handheld camera.  

• Love 6

Someone said above that Joe's $ from the reunion went right to the IRS, has the IRS garnished their wages yet?  If they haven't they should, because they probably won't see any of that money.  He's going to jail and then back to Italy, he has nothing to lose by spending it.

I do believe Caroline was also angry over she and her family being sued over the Punta Canta incident that Teresa started.  Obviously Caroline could not say that on camera so they used the silly cookbook quotes.

Teresa sprayed champagne all over and some guy and his wife got wet and a big fight broke out.  Those Manzo boys are responsible for themselves.  Sure Teresa may have "started the fight."  But they don't have to jump in a break some guys jaw.  Same at Joe Gorga's Xmas party in his Lie-bary without books when Albie took it upon himself to kick out Granny Kim, no one made them to do that.  They jumped in soon enough and acted like tough guys.  Caroline can blame Teresa all she wants, but no one can make you throw a punch.  Her precious little puffs got themselves in trouble.

• Love 3

Someone said above that Joe's $ from the reunion went right to the IRS, has the IRS garnished their wages yet?  If they haven't they should, because they probably won't see any of that money.  He's going to jail and then back to Italy, he has nothing to lose by spending it.

Teresa sprayed champagne all over and some guy and his wife got wet and a big fight broke out.  Those Manzo boys are responsible for themselves.  Sure Teresa may have "started the fight."  But they don't have to jump in a break some guys jaw.  Same at Joe Gorga's Xmas party in his Lie-bary without books when Albie took it upon himself to kick out Granny Kim, no one made them to do that.  They jumped in soon enough and acted like tough guys.  Caroline can blame Teresa all she wants, but no one can make you throw a punch.  Her precious little puffs got themselves in trouble.

It was more than someone just getting "wet" and the Manzo boys did not start the fight, Teresa and Joe did that. Teresa was shaking and spraying Champagne around when it got into the eyes of the guys mother in-law (not his wife) burning/irritating/ them and when Teresa was confronted about her behavior, she mocked the woman and a fight started between Joe and that guy. His cousin jumped in to help him turning it into a 2 on 1, the Manzo boys jumped in to help Joe.  I am sure that Albie and Chris got an earful from their parents about this.

Edited by WireWrap
I would bet good money that they still are not preparing their daughters.I doubt that Teresa has faced reality yet. She probably thinks some stupid on line petition is going to get the Judge to change her mind. That woman takes Denial to never before seen heights.

I don't know that she thinks she'll get out of it. On the other hand, I TOTALLY can believe they don't plan to tell the little ones anything until after Christmas, so it won't ruin their last Christmas together.

Because having Christmas in the House of Perpetual Tension followed by a Big Talk and mom leaving for a year is so much better!

That said, I don't actually know when you'd tell somebody under 5.  At a certain point it really would be too much to put on them too soon.  They wouldn't have the capacity to savor the intermediate time, so they'd either get neurotic about it or more likely decide after a few weeks that it really isn't going to happen anyway, and get the blow a second time.  

I don't see how the girls don't already know, save Audriana, who's only 5. If they didn't hear about it from their friends or kids at school, I can't imagine Gia keeping the secret from her sisters. Not in a snitching way, but that's such a heavy burden to be placed on only one sister or daughter. Having the foresight and maturity to hold something confidential is hard enough for adults, let alone a young teenager.

Yet another reason to call out Teresa and Joe for bad parenting.

Edited by LotusFlower
  • Love 4

Just wanted to follow up on my earlier post.  I got my hair cut.  Ended up taking off about three inches or about as much as Amber did. It looks a little shorter because it curls more.  Somehow I could not get my family to join me for this momentous occasion.  The stylist also didn't make sure I was surrounded by photos of myself and fake flowers.  I am really doing something wrong.  Where is my Tiny Jim in his big boy coat to make sure my grooming rituals become major events?  Sure Dr. Muffyn commented that I looked nice, but he did not stop everything, bring in family and make my hair the entire focus of a day.  Harrumph, what is a hair cut without tears and displays of overwhelming emotion? 

• Love 10

Well shoot I can't pick up the "  " on the post above about Dina. I have to disagree about event planning/nfp not being her (Dina's) business.  Pretty sure at least in Season 1, that was her business and she had a short lived TV show about decorating for events.  Something like a made for TV nfp event should be showcasing her skills and connections.  

• Love 1

I am ashamed to admit that The Amber inspired me to donate my hair (was almost down to my waist) so I went to my hairdresser and had her do it.  I've been going to her for years, so it's only fair I chose her for my most momentous occasion. We cut a full 2 inches off..not nearly the donation The Amber made, but I'm just a little person.  We collected the trimmings (those empty Xanax bottles DO come in handy) and I sent it to my newest, bestest charity: The Rino Fund.  It's a non-profit.  It acts to furnish men without eyebrows that little extra they can then go and get rewaxed.  Men with Half-brows benefit from the gifts of hair as well.  At the end of the day, it makes me feel good to know I helped a hapless brow-challenged individual get their a

• Love 11

Post cut off...sorry, guys.  Newbie here.  Or I-Got-Eyebrows signing in.  (Does Rino NOT own a mirror or is it curved so he can't see that the back half of his brows are gone?)  This is the only thing I'm taking out of this whole season..New guy No brow guy Penis Sock guy MIL guy.  

Can I just say that this is the wittiest, smartest, and funniest group of ppl on the interwebs? You all have me laughing out loud every day.

I wish I could invite all of y'all over for wine and to watch the Reunion!

Wouldn't that be awesome! Anyone in MA? :)

Regardless of whether or not Victoria Gotti heard the  words or the rumor 12 or more years ago-why would she think it appropriate to repeat it  on film?  She can take all the polygraphs she wants but there is something really wrong with repeating or starting a rumor such as that some 12 years later.  In light of the fact Teresa and Rino remarried it just seems mean spirited or malicious as the RH like to say.  Victoria repeating it had no upside. 

The upside= air time & $$$.

I wonder if Joe will request serving his time in Italy.

Huh? Impossible.

I know, right?  I wonder if Mrs. Laurita is a fan of the movie...that would be so awesome if Dina was named after the character played by Diahann Carroll.

I'm guessing since she was born in '72 (why can't I use my time more wisely??), the name choice might have been influenced by singer/TV host Andy Williams' French wife, Claudine Longet -- who then became a murderess. I remember loving that name when I first heard it.

I am ashamed to admit that The Amber inspired me to donate my hair (was almost down to my waist) so I went to my hairdresser and had her do it.  I've been going to her for years, so it's only fair I chose her for my most momentous occasion. We cut a full 2 inches off..not nearly the donation The Amber made, but I'm just a little person.  We collected the trimmings (those empty Xanax bottles DO come in handy) and I sent it to my newest, bestest charity: The Rino Fund.

There actually is an organization that accepts hair donations (from people and dogs) to be used in hair mats that soak up oil, like around storm sewers or in oil spills.  If Amber hadn't actually said the word "wig," I would have thought that's where her collection of split ends was going.

• Love 1