Type keyword(s) to search

Ratings And Scheduling: I Can't Do This Alone

kimrey
  • Start Topic

Just now, SueB said:

NGL... I HATE the no-hair sides.  Grow it back honey.

My fantasy brain always think "secret movie role" when he does this lol.

6 minutes ago, Wynne88 said:

Jared posted this on Twitter yesterday:

Not sure he would advertise the end of the show as 'something exciting'.

6 minutes ago, Wynne88 said:

Jared posted this on Twitter yesterday:

Not sure he would advertise the end of the show as 'something exciting'.

My money is on this being another AKF campaign.

(edited)
11 minutes ago, Wynne88 said:

Thanks for all the love today y'all! Something exciting comin tomorrow :)

I think he's referring to fan tweets on the 2 yr anniversary of his breakdown. There's speculation that there's a new AKF campaign coming.

edit: like catrox14 said

Edited by auntvi
jinx
2 minutes ago, Demented Daisy said:

I've been pushing for a Jodi/Mary/Rowena spinoff since last summer, I think.  I would love to see those interactions.  

Oh, and Donna for comedic relief!  :-)

GRUMPY OLD HUNTERS!!!

I don't care that it's totally unlikely, I will not stop.

• Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Isn't it the Scooby Dio Episode?

Best typo ever? Because Scooby as God would be hilarious. :)

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Diane said:

I LOVE the two toned baseball shirt.  I have the original edition. That is literally my "go to" shirt when I want a comfy shirt and I'm staying home**. I'm not buying ANOTHER one, but I highly recommend the two-tone baseball shirt.  It's a winner for me.  

** I'm 55 and generally don't wear statement T-shirts with handsome men's faces on them because I have an inner old-fogy soul. I mean, if it's just AKF or LOVE I'll wear it, but somehow it feels wrong for an old married woman to publicly wear a handsome man (who is not her husband) T-shirt.  There. I said it.  Now you know my inner grandma.    Doesn't mean others shouldn't.  Just means I can't bring myself to do it.  *mutters about kids and lawns as she wanders out of the thread**

38 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Best typo ever? Because Scooby as God would be hilarious. :)

I kinda need that, like AIR. 

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Wayward Son said:

So is it safe to say there won't be any final season or spin off announcements today? 

Not according to Variety, 10 Things We Learned From CW’s Upfront: http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/cw-upfront-presentation-2017-dynasty-lucy-hale-1202433977/

The only comment on Supernatural was: 

6. Or maybe, “Supernatural” is the CW’s secret weapon? Heading into its 13th season, Pedowitz still made time for the long-running drama at the Manhattan event, making a point to showcase the “indestructible” series, as he called it. Stars Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki walked out on stage with the perfect greeting: “Yep, still here.”

Spoiler

And coming up next season? An animated Scooby-Doo crossover episode. Seriously.

Edited by ahrtee
decided to hide the spoiler just in case.
  • Love 2

The earlier time slot may be part of the reason the ratings have dropped a bit. I can't watch new episodes of Supernatural when the sun is still shining outside. My family just DVRs the episode and watch it at 9.

Then again, I haven't really liked the Men of Letters storyline, hated Crowley being and utter moron this season, and I've loathed Mary. So maybe there are like-minded folks out there that don't feel as motivated to watch.

Still, its amusing that no matter how much Supernatural has dropped... its always one of the highest rated shows the network has and keeps on making WB money.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, DittyDotDot said:

GRUMPY OLD HUNTERS!!!

I don't care that it's totally unlikely, I will not stop.

I would totally watch a show based on Bobby, Rufus, Jody and Donna. A more ensemble show of hunters.

• Love 3
(edited)

I my area we were dealing with severe storms and what sounded like apocalyptic lighting and thunder (not even kidding, the shaking the house and windows kind).  There also could have been some weather interruptions.  The weather guys were breaking in and we also had power outages.

https://tvline.com/2017/05/19/scandal-ratings-season-6-finale-renewed-final-season/

The CW’s Supernatural did 1.75 mil (its best audience since Feb. 16) and a 0.6, followed by 1.65 mil/0.6, up a tenth in the demo in both cases to a 6-week high. Average reader grade: “B+.”

Edited by Diane
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Wayward Son said:

Interesting drop from 1.74 to 1.65! The first episode didn't seem to go down well with Neil son viewers based on that. 

I don't think you can necessarily draw that conclusion. It is a tiny fall, the demo didn't change and it may just be that more people DVRed the second ep. 

Good ratings. I am pleased with where we ended up.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Unfounded prelims

Supernatural ... 0.586 (0.570 .. 0.601)
Supernatural ... 0.567 (0.562 .. 0.571)

Thanks. Interesting that the episodes themselves ticked up at the half hour but fell episode to episode. Thinking about it though, I started live as usual but this time quickly got ticked off enough to shut it off. Turned it back on when it was far enough I could fast forward through commercials. Neither was good enough for me to sit through commercials. Only thing I loved was Jensen's acting. His acting is why I started SPN and the only reason I am still here.

4 hours ago, Diane said:

I my area we were dealing with severe storms and what sounded like apocalyptic lighting and thunder (not even kidding, the shaking the house and windows kind).  There also could have been some weather interruptions.  The weather guys were breaking in and we also had power outages.

We had bad storms, too. No interruptions, though. Actually, during the commercial breaks, the local news kept running a commercial saying we should stay tuned to see a story on the Scooby Doo crossover! LOL

I think that the drop is probably because people didn't really plan to be watching SPN out of its "normal" timeslot. If I weren't on this board, I wouldn't have even known it was a 2 hour finale, let alone planned on watching HOURS of SPN. That we retained as much as we did is pretty impressive IMO. But personally, I think that S12E22 was a strong episode, so I'm not surprised that people stuck around :)

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, Idahoforspn said:

Interesting that the episodes themselves ticked up at the half hour but fell episode to episode

I think people are reading too much into the drop between eps. It was tiny and within the margin of error in Nielsons methodology probably. The ratings stayed more or less stable across the 2 hours and finished up almost exactly where they started at 8pm. 

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Idahoforspn said:

Did I hear correctly that SPN finished behind Flash, Supergirl, and Arrow in finale ratings?

Final episode ratings were 

Name of Show - Viewers - Rating

The Flash - 3.04 - 1.1

Supergirl - 2.12 - 0.6

Arrow - 1.72 - 0.6

Supernatural - 1.70 - 0.6 (back to back episodes average)

Legends of Tomorrow - 1.52 - 0.6

The Vampire Diaries - 1.15 - 0.5

Riverdale - 0.96 - 0.4

Jane the Virgin - 0.96 - 0.3

The 100 - 0.91 - 0.3

Frequency - 0.79 - 0.3

Crazy Ex Girlfriend - 0.58 - 0.2

Overall season averages were

Name of Show - Viewers - Unrounded Average (Rounded Average)

The Flash - 2.84 - 1.06 (1.1)

Supergirl - 2.36 - 0.72 (0.7) 

Legends of Tomorrow - 1.81 - 0.64 (0.6)

Arrow - 1.76 - 0.63 (0.6) 

Supernatural - 1.68 - 0.60 (0.6)

Riverdale - 1.04 - 0.38 (0.4)

The Vampire Diaries - 0.99 - 0.38 (0.4)

Jane the Virgin - 0.96 - 0.34 (0.3)

The 100 - 0.95 - 0.34 (0.3)

The Originals - 0.94 - 0.31 (0.3) (Not finished airing)

Izombie - 0.91 - 0.31 (0.3) (Not finished airing)

Frequency - 0.93 - 0.28 (0.3) 

No Tomorrow - 0.80 - 0.28 (0.3)

Reign - 0.69 - 0.20 (0.2) (Not finished airing)

Crazy Ex Girlfriend - 0.56 - 0.2 (0.2)

Thanks for the info. That`s how I figured, the DC-verse shows claim the top spots (with Arrow losing steam and Legends gaining some respectively and the Flash leading the pack) and SPN takes the fifth spot. 

These are really the only five shows working for the network even though I personally think 100 and Originals provide quality and entertaining writing respectively so I`m happy the network gives them chances despite being so low-rated. However, their picks for next year are downright insane so I don`t see a new star rising there. 

I wouldn`t be surprised if the top five spots stay the same next year.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Aeryn13 said:

Thanks for the info. That`s how I figured, the DC-verse shows claim the top spots (with Arrow losing steam and Legends gaining some respectively and the Flash leading the pack) and SPN takes the fifth spot. 

These are really the only five shows working for the network even though I personally think 100 and Originals provide quality and entertaining writing respectively so I`m happy the network gives them chances despite being so low-rated. However, their picks for next year are downright insane so I don`t see a new star rising there. 

I wouldn`t be surprised if the top five spots stay the same next year.

4 in finale but 5 for the year. I actually expect Arrow to lose more steam. Whether it falls below SpN depends on what kind of a disaster Dabb gives us and how far SPN falls next year.

1 hour ago, Idahoforspn said:

4 in finale but 5 for the year. I actually expect Arrow to lose more steam. Whether it falls below SpN depends on what kind of a disaster Dabb gives us and how far SPN falls next year.

Arrow got it's act together this season IMO, so I think it will get a boost. I'm really interested to see if pairing them again, but on Thursday instead of Wednesday will help both.

21 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Arrow got it's act together this season IMO, so I think it will get a boost. I'm really interested to see if pairing them again, but on Thursday instead of Wednesday will help both.

I forgot they were paired next year. Makes sense. I think that's a good pairing too. Does that mean I should watch the last two episodes of Arrow? They have been sitting on my DVR (along with the last two of Flash) and I had been considering just deleting them.

4 minutes ago, Idahoforspn said:

I forgot they were paired next year. Makes sense. I think that's a good pairing too. Does that mean I should watch the last two episodes of Arrow? They have been sitting on my DVR (along with the last two of Flash) and I had been considering just deleting them.

Yes. Watch them. I really think 5x 16 through the finale is one of the strongest runs the show has had since s1 - s3 . I was really on the verge of giving up on Arrow but IMO it's back on track.

2 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Yes. Watch them. I really think 5x 16 through the finale is one of the strongest runs the show has had since s1 - s3 . I was really on the verge of giving up on Arrow but IMO it's back on track.

I will do that and let you know what I think.

• Love 1

Saw this in the Arrow thread, This Is Us is not moving to Thursdays at 9pm after all.

So what does that mean for Arrow. Do they not move it after all? Do they move it anyway? Does it matter to SPN either way?

This is Thursdays NBC now. I wonder if the CW will counter with moving Arrow to 8pm and SPN back to 9pm . Hmmm.

8 p.m. – Superstore
8:30 p.m. – The Good Place
9 p.m. – Will & Grace
9:30 p.m. – Great News
10 p.m. – Chicago Fire

Not sure what this means for the CW

lenn Geller is stepping down from his role as CBS Entertainment president, two months after suffering a mild heart attack. CBS has opted to reconfigure its entertainment leadership, with plans to promote longtime scheduling chief Kelly Kahl and recruit Thom Sherman from the CW.

Moonves added, “Through our work at The CW, I’ve had a front-row seat to see Thom’s outstanding creative instincts and programming vision in action,” continued Moonves. “He has developed and nurtured an incredible roster of critically acclaimed, commercially successful and fan favorite shows for The CW and other companies. He also has strong relationships across the community, a deft creative touch and a desire for making shows that create a passionate bond with the audience.”

Sherman has a deep background in creative development, having served as president of J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot banner and as an ABC drama development exec before his CW tenure. Kahl has been a longtime steward of the CBS programming brand with an innate sense of what works and what doesn’t on the broadcast platform. He’s also been a CW board member, representing CBS’ interest in the joint venture with Warner Bros., for years.

At the CW, Sherman leaves behind a development team led by scripted programming senior VP Gaye Hirsch. In January, Hirsch took over over as sole head of scripted development, reporting to Sherman, after sharing responsibility with Joanna Klein, who departed the network in August to join Lifetime.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/glenn-geller-cbs-1202440825/

16 hours ago, catrox14 said:

This is Thursdays NBC now. I wonder if the CW will counter with moving Arrow to 8pm and SPN back to 9pm . Hmmm.

8 p.m. – Superstore
8:30 p.m. – The Good Place
9 p.m. – Will & Grace
9:30 p.m. – Great News
10 p.m. – Chicago Fire

Where is Grey's????

2 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I'm just happy we don't have to go up against This Is Us.

SPN wouldn't have been up against This Is Us that would have been arrow. LOT is getting that honor after all Lol

1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

SPN wouldn't have been up against This Is Us that would have been arrow. LOT is getting that honor after all Lol

Yeah, I'm just talking in general terms. But then I was afraid of Grey's and BBT, too, and all in all SPN didn't do that bad.

Oh man. I just watched the season finale of Gotham and I am now officially worried about SPN being up against Gotham on Thursdays 8PM because I think the audiences between the two are not dissimilar. 

• Love 1