Type keyword(s) to search

Casting The CBS Triple Crown

Primetimer
  • Start Topic

Hayden's kinda boring.   I don't think he did anything memorable on either show (and that includes winning BB).  I'm not sure Rachel would want to put up with the conditions on Survivor island, even in the name of famewhoring.  Plus, she's a girl so Peachy wouldn't let her on.

• Love 1

Despite being thought of by my friends and family as the Queen of Trash TV Viewers, I have never watched "Big Brother" (perhaps too much of a time commitment for my ever-eroding attention span) BUT I swear right now to watch "Big Brother" if they cast Boston Rob. (Yes, I am one of those people.)

• Love 2

Hayden's kinda boring.   I don't think he did anything memorable on either show (and that includes winning BB). 

Literally did not remember him at all from BB! I can kind of picture other Bra-gade members, but he did not ring a bell. 

I'm almost surprised they haven't had a "triple crown" contestant already.

Could BR really last all those months away from Amber and family on BB?  Its a lot longer than the month or of Survivor and TAR.  So for that reason, I'd say no.

I could see any of the former BB people doing Survivor.  I would be fun since its definitely not as 'cushy' having to live on just rice and whatever you can win/scavenge. 

I don't know the BB contestants beyond TAR, as I never watched much of that show. As another poster above stated, its too much of a time commitment.  Visiting family over the summer that watched this show, and really, 3 nights a week, plus "After Dark?"  That said, I'd consider watching BR if he did it just because it would be fun to see if he could manipulate the sheep.  Twinnies, not so much.

I think the only way that former Survivor or TAR contestants end up on BB is if they do [ahem] "Celebrity Big Brother" here. (in that context, Rob Mariano is a celebrity)

Going from BB to one of the other Triple Crown shows is a step up, as it were. Not so much the other way around.

That said, I think Jeff and Jordan have the best shot at the Triple Crown.

Yeah, I don't think we'll see any past TAR/Survivor contestants on Big Brother. I also don't think we'll see Rachel on Survivor, even though I would absolutely LOVE to see it happen.

TAR has had so many past BB/Survivor players that I think it's only a matter of time before Hayden appears on it. I could see Jeff and Jordan appearing on Survivor, though.

As long as no member of the Hantz family or fucking Rupert infects my TV screen again on any show, ever, I'm good.

If they put a Hantz team on TAR, they'd have to enlist someone from the State department to follow along and soothe all the ruffled feathers along the way. 

TAR has had so many past BB/Survivor players that I think it's only a matter of time before Hayden appears on it. I could see Jeff and Jordan appearing on Survivor, though.

I would bet that CBS is actively working to find someone to pair him with, because a trifecta would be great publicity for them and for the shows. Pairing him up with this year's Hayden on BB would be fun. 

I remember the Project DNA BB season. It would be a fun idea for the Twinnies, but I'm not sure they look enough alike to carry out a substitution like that. Also, as soon as one of them opened her mouth, someone would recognize them. 

I could see some of the younger Survivors of recent years being on BB, Ciara being the first that comes to mind. I'd love to see Denise on BB, just to see what she could do with her psychological skills and being a competition beast. She'd have a target on her head because of her age and skills, but it would still be interesting to watch. 

I'd like to see Frankie on Survivor because he'd drive everyone nuts. But he'd probably get voted off first. I could see Malcolm on Big Brother. One thing about BB and TAR on Survivor--they'd be recognized and voted off.

I'd like to see Frankie on Survivor because he'd drive everyone nuts. But he'd probably get voted off first. I could see Malcolm on Big Brother. One thing about BB and TAR on Survivor--they'd be recognized and voted off.

Frankie originally applied to be on Survivor multiple times.

Topping my wish list would be Alison from Big Brother. She was interesting, athletic and the right amount of bitchy. Plus, she hasn't been shoved down my throat at all in the last eight years and was out early in BB:AS and TAR.

Next would be Hayden because I actually quite liked him on Survivor and think he would do well on the Race.

I despise Big Brother so as much as I like Amber, Rob, Ethan and Jenna, I wouldn't want a reason to have to watch.

Jeff and Jordan are fine, but I think they would suck at Survivor. Brendon, Rachel, Whitney and Keith are all disgusting.

It pretty much has to come from the BB alum.  The time commitment, plus the downgrade in prestige of show, is the clincher.  Hayden or Jeff, (with Jordan in a BvW situation,) would be the current frontrunners.  Screechy McSequins and Brandon are a possibility - but I'd really rather not.  Alison would be an awesome stealth entry, but CBS would be looking for a big splash, and (unfortunately) a female runner up from nearly ten years ago isn't going to fit the bill.

(Though I agree with Kris117, Ciara might be a possible get for the summer house of doom.)

Hayden's kinda boring.   I don't think he did anything memorable on either show (and that includes winning BB).

You seriously think this? I thought he was amazing last season on "Survivor" forcing the rock draw. That was all him.

Hayden was the best bet when he and Kat were still a couple. And he could still pair up with one of the Brigade's other members (Enzo, Lane, Matt) and get it done.

Edited by Bob Sambob

I wouldn't rule out anyone who started on Survivor or TAR unless they have already stated that they hate BB.  I would definitely agree to be on BB even if I had already been on Survivor or TAR just because it is another once in a lifetime opportunity and a lot of the games look like fun.

I didn't know Hayden and Kat had broken up or I would have thought of the two of them for TAR, and while I can picture Brendon doing Survivor I can't see Rachel doing it at all.  I do agree with the "it has to be a BB contestant moving up" idea because as some of you said, BB is lower on the reality totem pole. 

I'm not sure Rachel would want to put up with the conditions on Survivor island, even in the name of famewhoring.  Plus, she's a girl so Peachy wouldn't let her on.

Rachel's younger sister (Elissa) was on BB15, and during a post-season interview, she said that Rachel wanted them to do Survivor together, so I'd say that's still a possibility.  Although it will probably be a while until there's another Blood vs. Water (I wouldn't think they'd over-use the formula too readily), so who knows?

Personally, my pick would be Brendon.  He's rarely been seen without Rachel, so that would be fresh.  He's athletic and attractive, which would fit the casting demographics.  And, having seen a lot of him through two seasons of Big Brother (plus the two Races, of course, but that's more limited and edited), I can tell you that he's capable of being everything from spontaneously hilarious to deeply caring to an utter asshole (and I say that as someone who largely likes Brendon and thinks he and Rachel make a fine couple in spite of their dysfunctional moments), so I think he'd give the editors plenty to work with.  That being said, still a dark horse, as people think of Rachel as the draw in that pair, and Brendon is still working on that Ph.D.

(Also, Parvati would be Big Brother gold, and she lives in L.A., so it wouldn't disrupt her schedule over-much.  But she claims to be retired from RTV, and it would only be her second show, anyway.)

I just hope that the shows don't sink to the level of this year's "trade", which I think hurts both this franchise and TAR's.  The previous cross-show contestants had all succeeded on their original shows:  Romber had finished 1-2 (and Rob eventually, after two more tries, got his own win, of course) and Ethan/Jenna were a double winner couple, Hayden had won Big Brother, and the three BB teams that went on TAR included a runner-up (Alison) and two winners (Jordan, Rachel)…now all of a sudden Survivor is subjected to the Screeching Twinnies (a mediocre 4th on their first Race and then an utter meltdown and eliminated first on their retry) while I'd bet some Amazing Race fans are looking at Keith/Whitney and going "who??", as getting Pagonged out in 9th/11th isn't exactly writing your name in this show's history, IMO.  

And personally, I'm sick of every mid-pack jury member thinking they're in enough demand that other shows will want them (Frankie/Zach, I'm looking at you!)…keep it to those who at least made it to the Final Leg/Final Tribal/Live Season Finale, I say.

Edited by DAngelus
  • Love 1

(Also, Parvati would be Big Brother gold, and she lives in L.A., so it wouldn't disrupt her schedule over-much.  But she claims to be retired from RTV, and it would only be her second show, anyway.)

I read somewhere she moved to NYC which is why she is not hosting Survivor Live this season.

Read on the TAR forum than Hayden/Cat were supposed to be on this season of TAR and didn't make it because they broke up - if they had, Hayden would have been the first to appear on the three - although if we're talking triple crown, he should have a few more appearances before he gets there :-)

Read on the TAR forum than Hayden/Cat were supposed to be on this season of TAR and didn't make it because they broke up - if they had, Hayden would have been the first to appear on the three - although if we're talking triple crown, he should have a few more appearances before he gets there :-)

I posted that. I've read on other message boards it was just speculation since people don't think Keith & Whitney were that memorable.

Oh, thanks choclatechip, for a while there I though we almost had had a winner to this little contest!

I'm remembering Whitney quite well in her season of Survivor, and she was very well positioned to go far if her team hadn't gotten Pagonged (which not was a drawn out conclusion at the merge), and interesting that she was the one to initiate 3 teams taking the 4 hour penalty (these Survivor people, pff, much all the TAR-not-Survivor-watchers be thinking...).