Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 9/22/14

Athena
  • Start Topic

I have found that most people who say they are not a Republican then bash Liberals tend to be embarrassed Republicans so they dont admit to it..... I dont know if that is you uesNY.... but it seems you should try to meet more liberals because from what I have seen.... Many of us are quite tolerant of others

To be honest, I have to laugh at the description of being liberal and/or a Democrat as "sitting at the popular table." LOL Maybe if we all lived in Hollywood. Also I wonder why some people try to tie terms like "tolerance" (or "politically correct") together with the word liberal. Generalizations are always fun.

• Love 4

The thing is, for me, is Nicole has proudly announced she is the republican on the show several times on the show.

Which is fine...but why repeat it....and if you are step up to the plate with supporting facts or refuting them. Sound bites don't count.

But I do like her much better than Elisabeth. I think she is fitting in better than EH with her laughing with the group.

Fortunately for her their child is just 2 or 3 (?) and has a year or two to go to give her sage advice on life and politics. J/K

Grace seems to be well taught or MIA on Fox and Friends.

• Love 3

Then I will direct a post to you, uesNY, because I strongly disagree with your perception of liberals.  I am willing to listen to Republican (or Libertarian, etc.) points of view, but so much of what I hear is BS and can be easily debunked with facts.  When I see shrieking and wailing over "lattegate" on certain news stations, I find it difficult to be open to anything else they might say.  If Nicolle is going to parrot party talking points and not back them up with facts, then she will lose credibility with me.   At the moment I'm willing to give her a chance because I respect her basic intelligence. 

• Love 11

Not only would I be proud as all hell, but I would rock my natural hair for the whole world to see ... like it or lump it.  

Viola herself struggled with that during awards season for The Help until the Oscars where she said "screw it" and dumped the wigs.  I personally love her natural hair so I'm actually distracted by the wig she wears for her show!  

I had to snark about "hate watching" shows.  God knows we're experts in that field.

• Love 6

Alright guys, time to move the conversation on. This thread is about the television show The View, not personal political leanings and affiliations and the like. As always, we have our handy dandy Ignore feature available to one and all. Thank you.

The thing is, for me, is Nicole has proudly announced she is the republican on the show several times on the show.

Which is fine...but why repeat it....and if you are step up to the plate with supporting facts or refuting them. Sound bites don't count.

But I do like her much better than Elisabeth. I think she is fitting in better than EH with her laughing with the group.

It's no secret that Nicole was auditioned to be the conservative voice on the show. They did test hot topics with a various group of women, including S.E. Cupp (ugh!) and a Fox News talking head who went to Harvard that Rosie O complimented on Twitter. It made sense to me when Nicole opened with that on the first show, but I am liking her more in segments when they aren't all about politics. I thought she was very natural during the Tory Johnson interview with the treadmill desks, and Rosie O's comments about "You've never been an obese person if you don't know how to walk and eat" were funny.

Alright guys, time to move the conversation on. This thread is about the television show The View, not personal political leanings and affiliations and the like. As always, we have our handy dandy Ignore feature available to one and all. Thank you.

I'm not trying to be argumentative just asking this to clarify for myself and everyone else. How can talking about our own political leanings not come into play when the hosts are discussing their own?

• Love 4

I understand your question Jaded and I will discuss this with the other mods and get you an answer.  For now, please respect the direction from Halcyondays.  

Here's the answer.

If you have any questions, please respond in that thread.  Thanks.

Edited by Guest
Just more of the collection. I "Friended" Whoopi on Facebook because someone said she posts pictures of the shoes she wears on "The View." Every day. Today's shoes were kind of that "pointed-toe Mongol boot" style where the toe really curls up.

Thanks...will have to follow her on facebook. Usually I just chalk it up to being "Whoopi-style" shoes. But those grabbed my attention. And not in a good way. They looked like they belonged in Munchkinland to me.

• Love 1

You hear that? It's the sound of NOT celebrating Barbara's birthday on the show. no stories about her great dinner parties with michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones this year. We're free!

Woo-hoo!

They did close the show wishing her a happy birthday and showing some clips

Dammit!

And I know Kathy Griffin lives in L.A., but have her on every week.

I would so love that.

• Love 1