Type keyword(s) to search

Jana and Stephen: Slow and Steady Gets the Best Wedding

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Every little girl in the picture is wearing the same white dress. Most of the little girls in the Wissmann family picture are, as well. Altogether it looks like at least 15 little girls, possibly more (there is a hard to see toddler in the Wissmann picture, plus the missing Ivy and M-girls on the Duggar side... I also don't know if any Wissmann grandkids were missing from the family picture like some Duggars were). So did Jana have somewhere between 15 and 20 flower girls?

Well, Jana probably kept and watched the little girls who live close by, a lot.  

• Like 4

My guess is that they were "honorary flower girls" or some such. It was a cute idea to have all the little girls dress alike even though they didn't have flower girl duties.  I'm sure we'd have seen flower girl pictures if they actually sprinkled flower petals around and such. 

Twenty flower girls doesn't fit with the wedding vibe; hence, the honorary part. 

• Like 4
14 minutes ago, Heathen said:

By the way, the wedding website is now password-protected. I guess the overly zealous snarks and leghumpers killed our free access. 

What wedding website?  Her Instagram is still there.

I noticed the hearts over Josiah and Jinger's children's faces.  Someone should probably tell them to "lighten up; it's not that serious."  

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 1
19 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

What wedding website?  Her Instagram is still there.

I'm not talking about her Instagram page, or his, for that matter. The wedding website is the one we've been talking about and checking whether certain people were invited and/or RSVPd. 

• Thanks 1
48 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

I noticed the hearts over Josiah and Jinger's children's faces.  Someone should probably tell them to "lighten up; it's not that serious."  

Really?? Everyone can choose their right to their social media image and to choose privacy for their children is great.

My son and DIL limit what they post and what is posted about their children.

• Like 20
  • Applause 1
4 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Every little girl in the picture is wearing the same white dress. 

Jinger/Jeremy posted this photo so it's not showing up with the 'People' wedding pix.   

image.png.214995aec8a35830b83380fd0e755bb9.png

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
34 minutes ago, Sweetpea12 said:

Jinger/Jeremy posted this photo so it's not showing up with the 'People' wedding pix

Every one of those girls needs a hairbrush.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 4

Jill posted a story with more pics, one with her and Jinger (not dressed up) and saying how great it was to catch up with family and friends and she said that some of the old film crew with a couple of pics.  So some of the crew was invited? I am assuming they were not recording a special, I don't think even TLC would ever let them back on TV. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 1

Jill responded to a question on her post, “Our kids were there the night before for the family dinner. We went kid-free to the wedding and it was nice since space was tight
anyway.”.

• Like 17
6 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Jill responded to a question on her post, “Our kids were there the night before for the family dinner. We went kid-free to the wedding and it was nice since space was tight
anyway.”.

I saw that and posted it in the Jill and Derrick thread since so many were wondering.  

• Like 6
1 hour ago, auntieminem said:

So some of the crew was invited

I read somewhere (I think Reddit) that the crew member who had been allegedly interested in Jana during the filming years was also invited but didn't attend.  Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean anything, but I thought it was sweet of her to invite him along with the other crew members.  Jinger said in a recent vlog that the crew members became like their family because there was very little turnover--most of the same crew were there for all the years they filmed. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 4
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

We went kid-free to the wedding and it was nice since space was tight
anyway.”.

Honestly a big wedding like that might be overwhelming for little ones.  That could be why a lot of the kids aren't seen in the photos.   At home or at the hotel playing together instead of all dressed up and having to be on their best behavior.

• Like 11

Sometimes two, three, or four families will go together at weddings like this and have a hotel room or suite with one or more grandmas or aunties who would not normally attend the wedding and keep the kids occupied and fed on their own schedules.  It's easier on everyone's nerves.  

• Like 9
12 hours ago, ranchgirl said:

Well, Jana probably kept and watched the little girls who live close by, a lot.  

This might be the understatement of the year.

11 hours ago, Adeejay said:

What? They are smart to refuse to exploit their very young kids, imho.

• Like 15
(edited)

In the Duggar family photo, who is the guy on right side behind Jinger who is holding a child?  He does not appear to have a wife with him. Also, regarding the 3 children on right side that appear to be by themselves, who are their parents?

Edited by js9548
1 hour ago, js9548 said:

In the Duggar family photo, who is the guy on right side behind Jinger who is holding a child?  He does not appear to have a wife with him. Also, regarding the 3 children on right side that appear to be by themselves, who are their parents?

That’s Ben, Jessa’s husband, and they are their children.

• Like 3
12 hours ago, Absolom said:

Sometimes two, three, or four families will go together at weddings like this and have a hotel room or suite with one or more grandmas or aunties who would not normally attend the wedding and keep the kids occupied and fed on their own schedules.  It's easier on everyone's nerves.  

Sounds like a job for Jana.  Oh wait....  ;)

• LOL 16
(edited)

Okay folks, the poll is closed, and we have a tie! I have a DM in to unpin the current poll so I can make a tiebreaker poll to replace it. Hopefully, that will be up a little later today. 😀

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Thanks 7

I wonder if Jessa feels a little embarrassed by the cheapo bridesmaid's dresses at her wedding?  Those were so flimsy looking and clingy.  The color was the only  nice thing about them!

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
34 minutes ago, precious pupp said:

I wonder if Jessa feels a little embarrassed by the cheapo bridesmaid's dresses at her wedding?  Those were so flimsy looking and clingy.  The color was the only  nice thing about them!

I guess payback is a bitch. Jessa's bridesmaid dresses were the worst.

I didn't think all of these dresses were bad. Jessa and Jinger's being the worst.

• Like 6
42 minutes ago, precious pupp said:

I doubt Jessa feels the least bit embarrassed because I don't think Jessa ever cared how cheap looking the dresses were on the bridesmaids.  As far as she was concerned, she was the star of the show and everyone else needed to be shoved into the background.  The ugly dresses served that purpose.

• Like 20
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
46 minutes ago, Quof said:

Not a single pink or red flower (yellow even), or a coloured ribbon for the flower girls.  

Did the flower girls actually carry flowers? There were so many of them, and a few could barely walk. I don't think Jer's youngest is even walking yet. Was there a wagon for the babies? We never saw them in "action."

• Like 5
3 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Jill's bridesmaids dresses were terrible too. She added that white below the dresses that looked like their slips were showing.

I believe Jana was the one who added that hideous modesty slip thing. 

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 1

Jana got married?  I have missed this. Need more info. What’s the best place to get background. Hope she is making a real escape. 

On 8/18/2024 at 11:17 AM, ginger90 said:

Not sure I posted these yet.

IMG_7634.jpeg

IMG_7644.jpeg

IMG_7642.jpeg

Are they dancing?  Also that’s not a modest dress.  Good for her. 

• Like 5
(edited)

That dancing was so awkward, a stiff box step.  But they did use an Elvis song.  They said it was the couple's first dance.  Probably literally!  How did they practice?  Again, at least dancing was allowed! 

Edited by EtheltoTillie
  • Like 10
2 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

That dancing was so awkward, a stiff box step.  But they did use an Elvis song.  They said it was the couple's first dance.  Probably literally!  How did they practice?  Again, at least dancing was allowed! 

I bet they took lessons. Or... Joy & Austin and JD & Abbie took lessons a while back so they could have taught them that one dance step.

• Like 8
22 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I bet they took lessons. Or... Joy & Austin and JD & Abbie took lessons a while back so they could have taught them that one dance step.

So you think they practiced with each other, being allowed to touch?  Another advance. 

• Like 4
30 minutes ago, EtheltoTillie said:

So you think they practiced with each other, being allowed to touch?  Another advance. 

Yup, while leaving enough space between them for Jesus, of course. I'm guessing Stephen practiced the dip with his mom or a sister, and Jana practiced it with Abbie and/or Joy.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I forgot that Joy/Austin and Abby/JD took dance lessons.  I'm sure they encouraged Jana and Stephen to dance.  

• Like 5
(edited)

New video by Jana, taken before they were married:

This video was not well edited like some of her previous ones were, but of course I'm sure she didn't have the time to edit it much since she's just coming off her honeymoon.  The first part of the video needed to be tightened up--too much time waiting to see Stephen.  There was some footage at the end of her garden and also her and Stephen's house.  More house footage to come.  There are also a few still photos from different places.  

eta:  I see that Jana has removed the video.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1

These two did not court- they dated. Yes, she had sisters  with her… but they are comfortable touching each other.  None of the six inches apart stuff.   And listening to normal music too. 

• Like 10